Clarion University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

workplace was relaxed and was interactive with lots of people
Student workers receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked part time as a student receptionist at student affairs and working there I had to deal with lots of student issues. I had experienced organizing the annual job fair.
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
not enough work hours
Very Good Place to Work
Clarion University Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Venango, PADecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for the University. The Staff and Faculty were a very tight knit unit that really took care of its students. I am hoping to get back to the University soon.
Working temporarily with youth
English/SAT Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 3, 2018
I had a great experience working at Clarion. I worked with youth who were raising seniors in high school. I taught them skills to help with writing and the verbal section of the SAT. It was temporary, but a very positive experience.
Great Atmosphere
Graduate Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAMay 21, 2018
Loved coaching With the Clarion Mens Basketball team. I learned teamwork as well as working with people from different backgrounds to accomplish common goal.
Clarion was fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMarch 18, 2018
When I worked at Clarion, I worked in the lab with my professor, so it was extremely relaxed and easy-going, yet highly educational and intriguing. I learned a lot of valuable skills for my desired career and I know working in the lab definitely helped me to further myself.
Nice People
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 25, 2018
Good environment. Other employees are nice and fun to work with. Fast pace, but not too stressful. Everyone is very personable and inviting. Overall good people.
Taught classes in the education department
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAAugust 31, 2017
Great environment to work in. Heavy workload but great support from colleagues and department heads. Excellent culture and great opportunities to advance.
relaxed and free time
Interactive TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAAugust 29, 2017
I work as an ITV tech. After everything was set up, there was time to work on homework or read a book. I just had to make sure that the volume was at the right level and that the camera was pointed in the right direction. There were a few times that the technology glitched and that was stressful, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it. I was always able to get in touch with management.
Pros
down time
Cons
small amount of hours
Higher Education school
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 31, 2017
Its a State college so you will be earning state time that can help if you worked for the state before. It also means the state is funding it and funding might not be there in some years.
A decent job for a student
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Residence Life, Clarion, PAJuly 21, 2017
I primarily was customer service. I answered phone calls and emails, worked with students and parents, and assisted other professional staff members. My direct supervisor has a great personality and was very helpful.
Pros
Hour lunch break, relatively easy
Cons
Poor management from above
Student working
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 12, 2017
The job was reasonably simple given a basic knowledge of windows operating systems. Most of the time I was able to do homework or study. I had one supervisor and that is where everything went through. I learned basic printer management and maintenance and how to connect and manage systems on a network.
Pros
Flexible hours depending on school schedule
Cons
Low pay and hours
Small School atmosphere
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAJuly 9, 2017
Excellent supervisor in Student Affairs. Great to work with college students in the counseling services department. Friendly atmosphere. Excellent pay and flexibility.
Very good working environment, great people.
Head Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 18, 2017
Working at Clarion University was a great experience, and I was honored to perform my duties there. Individuals in positions above me were great to work for.
Pros
Great staff, flexible schedule
Cons
The only con is that it was a part-time job
fun work experience
Eagle media (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAMay 23, 2017
I t was a very good job and it help me grow as a person. I also learned good communication skills and customers services. it was a good way to help find people with the same interest as me
Pros
own office
Cons
far away from my apartment
Amazing atmosphere
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAApril 20, 2017
I love the fact i can study at work, however, i just love the university and helping fellow students with concerns or questions, all whilst i gain experience with working with the Dean
Dream job
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 19, 2017
This was the best job i've ever had. It was unfortunate that state funds were terminated and the center closed. The atmosphere was positive and uplifting.
productive and fun environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Kids are awesome to work for...Too many problems with their salaries. Economical issues forced me to quit. Nevertheless, everyone i worked for was very competent and hard working people.
Pros
Cons
Nothing maybe it was too far for me to drive.
good benefits
staff (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJuly 21, 2016
Students are the best place about this place they are hard working. They ask you to do more with less and they dont replace people when they retire
Pros
benefits free tuition
Cons
always making budget cuts
A great work environment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 13, 2016
I worked at CUP for a semester and LOVED that they were open and considerate to my other job as well as my family. I am hoping for another opportunity to work there again.
S.O.A.R.
Orientation Leader/SOAR Mentor (Former Employee) –  Clarion, PAApril 13, 2016
Great job that teaches you a lot. You will learn leadership and hard work. This job requires you to like helping others and really does change your life. You learn compassion, as you are guiding others through their college experience.