Clarity Care
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

Clarity Care Employee Reviews

I was in the home health for the beginning of my career there, thankfully short-lived. The HHAs should get a bit more credit. We were out driving (paid drive time and mileage! Nice!) about a half hour from our home areas in storms, shine, iced roads, etc. One thing I did not like was whichever one you start at (your home or the CC office) is closer they start your mileage there. I felt very underappreciated in HH...low pay, and the schedulers were rude. I also came up with the idea for being reimbursed for becoming a CNA which I did so through the company...but I wasn't reimbursed because it had to me that year going forward for being reimbursed. Going into residential, I loved it. You use the company vehicles, you bond with these clients and I would wake up excited for work. We could go on outings, go see movies (company pays $5 for staff outings, and clients get their own allowance!) You always have a great team at Day Service! I loved working with the coords and clients! I built many relationships with everyone, there wasn't a client you couldn't put me on and I would have a bad day. I love the clients so much, they were like my family and I cried when I chose to leave. (Working 40hrs a week with people for three years you can't NOT get attached.)The downside is they will hire anyone...even rehire people that were FIRED for being toxic. Upper management and some employees were targeting other workers, which caused them to quit... These were the good workers, so you were stuck with the poor working, toxic, blood suckers.
Pros
Fun work, build relationships, some good employees, Room for advancement!!!
Cons
Many toxic employees, hire anyone, low pay
Grossly under staffed. The staff they do have are over worked and under payed. Un appreciated and taken advantage of. Horrible lack of training for management no pay for on call hours. Difficult to receive reimbursement for travel. I would only recommend this place to someone who has no home life or other responsibilities outside of work. Upper management has great ideas but never follow through with promises.
Pros
Bonuses, plenty of overtime, excellent healtg vision and dental insurance
Cons
No breaks, long shifts, under staffed, terrible communication, no time off, no recognition, not enough training, low pay
I made very poor wages. I asked about them teaching me CPR and they said that was something done on your own time, but good idea. The home office went through many employees the little time I was there. There was a ton of paperwork that could be done on a computer. They were so understaffed I had people crying when I came sometimes. When I worked my weekends; I didn’t get my regular clients. Someone else did and I worked with people who didn’t know me.
Pros
Time between clients sometimes. Driving around in car paid time.
Cons
Poor wages.
I worked there for almost 2 years and there were many ups and downs. I was promoted from managing one home to two, so there is some room for growth, however they eventually cap you when they feel you are good where you are - even if you feel like you still have room to grow. Overall its a good place to work because of the clients. The upper management at the headquarters need to get their stuff together. The lower management (myself included) were responsible for EVERYTHING. I couldn't make plans outside of work without keeping in the back of my mind that I would likely have to cancel. I constantly got calls in the middle of the night, weekends, holidays, you name it. My staff could call in for a hang nail and I was expected to drop what I was doing and come to their rescue. My direct supervisor could only do so much because they have strict overtime rules but yet I never worked under 50 hours a week. The only time I did that was when I took time off. The staff need wrangling, more than I could do. I wrote majority of them up for their call ins constantly, yet it didn't seem to do anything. No matter what I said, no matter the reprimands given, no matter the fact that I was working up to 70 hours a week, the fact that I have a young child didn't matter. Most of them were way past termination levels in attendance and yet upper management still did not want to let them go. I felt my hands were tied and I had no choice to leave. I honestly felt like I was cornered into leaving until I was forced to just give up. I was worked until I could not work anymore. I did love my job. I - more...
Pros
Great benefits, *some* growth potential, pay (if you have overtime)
Cons
Upper management, work/life balance, overlooking shady staff members
Nothing special worked there on an off wasn't th best job but I managed... management has been going up for awhile so not the worse place to work for around the fox valley.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This is my second time working for Clarity Care. There are always down sides to a job, but the upside is the fact that I/we get to make a difference for these wonderful people's lives. Most of the coworkers I have are extremely easy going. A typical day at the moment is breakfast, bringing the residents to their daily activities, lunch, pick up from activities, then before dinner we do an activity and get everyone ready for bed. You choose what you want out of this job. You can choose to help out, work different shifts when needed, learning, and growing as a person, or you can choose to do the bare minimum... you have a choice. I love my job! Again, there are things I don't like, like the lack of people we have. It's hard when people don't follow along with what is needing to be done, and jus things like that. Usually it has to do with someone you're working with directly.
Pros
Activities, incentives, fun
Cons
Little to no breaks, cleaning, losing someone you care for
I was only there for about 1 year and there have been a lot of positive changes since I left employment. I truly enjoyed my job and loved working with the consumers. My supervisor (no longer with the company) was not helpful and was on the way out. The main thing that I can tell you is that the work is very rewarding, but you must be a self motivated person.
Pros
Independent work environment, great coworkers
Cons
Low compensation
Overall a good place to work. Pay is ok but not great. Set 2wk repeating schedule is good for making plans. Can pick up extra hrs if you want them. Coords can create a poor culture by complaining about staff to other staff.
Pros
Not stressful, fairly easy work, can have fun with the consumers.
Cons
small raises, gossiping Coords & CTL
Management is poor and they dont take care of the residents like they should. They harass you if they need someone to cover a shift. I wouldnt recommend this company to anyone. Everyone talks about everyone
Management was not supportive and I was expected to be on call 24/7. When I interviewed this was not told to me I was told my work hours were M-F 8Am-4PM. After training I was told my hours were 8-4:30 and I had to take a 30 minute lunch which was not possible due to always having to answer the numerous calls all day long. Then when I started taking lunch and returning calls after lunch break I was written up for not responding to calls in a "timely" manner during work hours.
Pros
Insurance was affordable
Cons
Everything else
Was constantly getting attacked at work and nobody was willing to do anything about it. Management sucked. Was always some sort of drama or gossip going around. Pay wasn’t good at all for how much work you were doing. Sometimes you would work a 12 hour shift and they would pull you to another 12 hour shift an hour away, and then expect you to work your other 12 hour scheduled shift.
Pros
A sense of purpose??
Cons
No breaks, long hours, getting attacked by residents
I have worked a decent amount of CNA jobs before (this was supposed to be my part time job). My co workers where great, other than the fact they where all way overworked. Management also sucked, they don't care about your well being all they see you as is another body. State has been contacted because of neglect multiple times. DO NOT WORK HERE YOU CAN FIND BETTER!
Pros
Residents are great, same with most co workers.
Cons
Everything.
August 3, 2020
We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Residents and our Employees. Thank you for the review.
August 3, 2020
We also take reports of neglect very seriously and investigate any wrongdoings brought forward.
Some locations throughout the company have a high turnover rate due to the company's lack of ability to safely manage high risk consumers, inability to manage drama between coworkers, and lack of training and communication with coworkers and coordinators. Otherwise, a mostly positive experience. Maintaining an active lifestyle with consumers, bringing new ideas to the table is welcome, within reason, and always testing your knowledge and understanding of the skills required by this job. Never a dull day and rarely a desire for one.
July 29, 2020
We are glad to hear that your experience has been a positive experience. Please always reach out with any concerns. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Residents and Employees. Thank you for the review.
Here in Wisconsin Rapids they are so under staffed it's horrible. I have alot of friends that work there and so under paid and under appreciated. I have put my application to never get a call for an interview.
July 29, 2020
We are sorry to hear that you feel staff are under appreciated. Any questions in regards to your application can be directed to the recruiters - they will gladly assist you! Thank you for the review.
Worst company! They don’t cate about their employees let alone their consumers When a staffed house needs to be 2 staffed at all time n they aren’t no one helps They tell their managers to figure it out
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Don’t have staff
I just started working here but so far I like it here havent ran into any hard problems with staff or managers very friendly when u first walk into the door
July 20, 2020
We are glad you have had a positive experience so far! At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Residents and Employees. Thank you for the review.
Corporate sat behind their desk telling you how to do the job you had been doing for the past 20+ years without knowing the people that lived there. The homes were “programs”, the residents were “clients”. That tells you they are in it for the money, not the person and need.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Micromanaging
July 29, 2020
We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Residents and Employees. Thank you for the review.
The raises are horrible, and their is no appreciation for the long term employees. . They expect you to work short staff always. People are to clicky.
Pros
Having fun with the clients
Cons
Low pay, bad raises.
July 10, 2020
Shady management, tons of med errors, homes aren't compliant with state regulations. They don't care about you or your family life, just want you to work your life away.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
everything else
July 10, 2020
We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all and ensuring work life balance. Thank you for the review.
This company has the most disorganized management I have ever experienced in ten years of caregiving. I fought for the rights of my consumers every day with faulty equipment issues and improperly trained staff. My concerns went all the way up the chain of command with no resolution whatsoever even after making several HR claims. If you take caregiving seriously I would NOT work here.
I enjoyed the clients as well as some of the co workers and management too. Many of the clients were less functional so needed more supervision than other jobs. I enjoyed it though.
July 29, 2020
We are happy to hear that your experience was a positive one. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Members. Thank you for the review.
  1. Employee Reviews