Clarity Care Employee Reviews

Poor company to work for
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 26, 2019
Continuously under going new management. Poor training offered for this position. Poor opportunity for advancement. Total lack of support when needed for issues that arise within the job.
Pros
Over night incentive pay
Cons
continuously changing management
There were a lot of pros and cons
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 21, 2019
I worked for this company and I decided to leave because I felt there was a lot of guilt tripping, and unfair treatment.
If you do decide to work here, I recommend being young and kid free because this company works you to the core.
I would work ten hour shifts, 50-60 hours a week while pregnant and they would still ask me to pick up hours.
Also, while being hired, they told me on-call starts at 90 days but because I was pregnant, they put me on call at 30 days without my consent and their reasoning was because “you’re going on maternity leave so we wanted to get some on-call hours in”. They take advantage of you, they guilt trip you into picking up hours, and they overwork you. To work for this company, know how to say no and tell them what YOU want and it’ll be just fine.
Pros
The clients, Pto, benefits, paid mileage
Cons
Management, guilt tripping, taking advantage of, the pay
Horrible management and supervisors
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMarch 20, 2019
I loved my job at CC, but then new management and new supervisors came in and it all went down hill after that. It was no longer about the care of the residents. It was about money and power and who you were friends with. I worked there for a year in a half. I never got my yearly review, I had been there the longest since new management and new supervisors came in and I made the least. All the new hires were making more then I was. When asking the coordinator about my review and a pay raise, they told me I could write HR a letter, when the coordinator could have looked into it for me. I was accused of something I did NOT do. That's when I quit. I was a very loyal n dependable employee at CC and it wasn't appreciated at all. I felt very taken advantage of. I watched management take residents meds, treating residents poorly n not doing there job at all. I reported it all n NOTHING was done about it, it was just over looked like none of it happened. I would NOT recommend working for this company at all. I was stuck working 2nd and 3rd shift one night because they were so short staffed and was promised a gift card of some sort, but never got it. This company is so unorganized and just does NOT care about the residents or there employees.
Residents are amazing
Residential Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 19, 2019
Training is horrible
Always short staffed
Working short so everything needs to get done but don’t have the help for it or the time. Which makes for an unsafe work environment for both residents and staff.
Top management does NOT care about residents or staff, watch overtime but do this and get that done. There is a line between the office people and those who actually work in the home.
Gossip
The pay is the worst
No appreciation
Being pulled or having staff pulled to other homes
Pros
Residents are awesome
Cons
Everything else
Too much gossip
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 26, 2019
No one is trained properly here. Rules are always changing and they will make you feel ashamed anytime you do something that someone else thinks should have been done a different way. Medications are always missed and paper work not filled out or it is blamed on someone else. If you're not part of the popular group or your not an kissing butt than you better be careful. People quit all the time so there are open hours but then the company threatens to fire you if you don't pick up hours at certain places. I was reminded that it is an at-will employment facility and that I can be moved anywhere any time.

The culture is gossip culture and if you don't fit in with the females who control it - they will do everything in their power to make you feel like an outcast. I don't think there is a single male in a management position at all.

The company tries to attract people with a sign on bonus, but will do everything they can to write you up so you can lose your bonus.

You also have to be very mindful of your pay. If you aren't micromanaging your own pay daily, you might not lose hours per paycheck.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress of coming to work but not actually feeling part of a group atmosphere. Co-workers whisper behind your back and talk bad about others constantly. If they aren't doing that they will be gossiping with clients.

Many times you might find clients that have been soiled and never changed and chores that have been left out by other staff to do.

The training was one of the worst training classrooms I've ever experienced.
  more... You are given the answers to the test and everything is basically plowed through as fast as possible.

Your co-workers can be some of the lowest of the low. I seen people show up in their pajamas and flipflops to work and then these people end up getting promoted to management. It simply amazes me that these people are trained to care for other people when they can't even care for themselves. Some don't even shower, have missing teeth, overweight, etc. and these people are supposed to be taking care of other people and teaching them basic life skills when they don't even have them themselves. My co-workers and manager would search for other jobs at work because they couldn't manage their own finances.

The only thing good about this company is that it's an easy access into the trained CNA database, some of the clients are fun to be around, most aren't and are very toxic, free food, and the ability to work overtime when needed.
Pros
free food
Cons
bullying by bosses
Horrible in-home managers as well as higher ups
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 23, 2019
None of the managers care about the residents. I witnessed abused on multiple accounts and even reported it multiple times and nothing was done. Not every house is bad, but most are.
Pros
Benefits are nice
Cons
Abusive, no breaks, no respect to employees or residents
February 25, 2019

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. Reports of this nature are always taken seriously and investigated. At Clarity Care we are committed to upholding the highest standard of care for all of our Residents. Thank you for the review.

Nice place to work
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 4, 2019
Great place to earn a decent paycheck and well as pick up experience in all types of situations.You can really get attached to some of the residence you work for, but that's a good thing because better care and independence is what they want the residence to get and achieve, and we provide that help for the residence.
Pros
good management
Cons
Gossipy Women keep up too much sh!!
February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Clarity Care!

Good company, low compensation
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 3, 2018
Clarity Care employees and managers have your back and do all they can for their clients. A bit underfunded, prepare for OT. Base pay rate is a little low for high-demanding job, but I enjoyed my work more here than at more sedentary repetitive positions.
Pros
Lots of hours, Ot, house managers, care-driven atmosphere
Cons
Lots of open hours, at work a lot, low compensation for caregiving
December 18, 2018

Thanks for the review. We appreciate all of the hard work our caregivers provide to our clients!

Amazing co-workers and Supervisor
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 7, 2018
Clarity Care has an amazing culture, very friendly and helpful co-workers, and are extremely helpful and informative with training.

Flex-Time is great, and full time employees receive PTO, Paid Holidays, Healthcare and benefits, and 401k. There are extra bonuses as well, and company celebrations, team building events, and potlucks.

Management is great. They are very receptive to any needs or questions you might have, and they value you as an employee.

I love working with individuals who have disabilities. This is a very fulfilling career, it is a way to really make a difference and feel good about what you do.
Pros
Company culture, rewarding career
Cons
No benefits for part-time
December 18, 2018

Thanks for taking a moment to write a review. We greatly appreciate the kind words.

They pay horrible!!
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 6, 2018
Poor management.... Never feel appreciated.... Pay is horrible for the work you do.... They hire anyone off the street!! I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. I feel for the consumers because clarity care can't keep people ... I gave my 2 weeks notice and they wouldn't pay me out in my PTO!!! I never missed a day off work... Never called in sick... Worked alot of overtime... Absolutely horrible company
December 18, 2018

Thank you for the review. We are always trying to improve our policies to benefit our workforce and your feedback is appreciated.

Great company to work for
PCW (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 30, 2018
The only thing i didn't like about the job was the manager. every one else was great people. I miss working their. They train you in all area's of the job. They also make sure you keep up on your training.
December 18, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your thoughts!

Productive and caring environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton WisconsinOctober 11, 2018
The staff cared a lot about the staff which brought the family oriented aspect to the job. They were also very productive and making sure the home was kept up. Often did activities with the group as well
Pros
Being able to assist others.
Cons
The pay wasn’t great at all
over worked for payrate
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 25, 2018
Love the clients but they try not to let you get attached. Clarity thinks you can move mountains & expects you to be available when needed. Your on call days, just expect 10hrs of running non-stop
December 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback.

Care is needed but not enough people
Personal Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 6, 2018
The number of clients they have does not amount to the numbers needed to care for them. The company itself seems too relaxed for a demanding job and they need to get everything to electronics, paper work is in the past.
too many hours, not enough time
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 9, 2018
I previously worked for CC for a year and a half. I left the area for a year. When I was planning on coming back, I inquired about a position with the company. I was told that I could advance but when I went for orientation, I didn't get hired for the position that was talked about. I was willing to stick with it until I could get the promotion. However, I was in my second training class and my supervisor texted me and asked if I could pick up extra hours already. I hadn't even begun training at the house. I decided, at that point, it wasn't the right fit for me.
Nice Co-Workers
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 8, 2018
Everyone was every helpful coming into the job, i enjoyed my timing being there the job wasn't too hard an the things i didn't understand everyone was pleased to help.
Decent
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 7, 2018
Unorganized, short staffed. Constantly changing schedule, unhappy clients. long hours, lots of opportunities for OT if desired though, many nice clients as well
Stressful & Frustrating
Overnight Sleep Position (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJuly 20, 2018
There are several different managers that all want things done differently at times. I had a change in management & the things I was taught was not used with the current. They make up their owns rules how they see fit. This provides an unstable home life for the clients.
They are not so adjusted to change. They want things to be fair not one sided. Staff is usually all on different pages and this creates a struggle between staff member, management & Clients. Clients tend to become more aggressive in their behaviors. This escalates to some physical abuse toward other clients living in the home. Mnt over looks this and does not hold the client responsible for their actions & makes the other clients subjected to being bullied.
Pros
Client bonding & rewarding making a difference
Cons
poor mnt they over look allot of abusive behavoirs
Caregiver
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 9, 2018
Taking care of people is my passion. I just would like to work for another company. The hours were wayy to long and the pay there is low. I would rather go somewhere else.
Awful place to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 21, 2018
Management had their favorites. Staff were mean to clients. Have reported nothing was done!! Poor place to work. Staff gossip constantly. Worst place I have ever worked for. Would not recommend to anyone!! Very unorganized. Always short staffed. Rude to family members. Just very unprofessional.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarity Care. Our community is ready to answer.