Clark Associates
2.7

Clark Associates Employee Reviews

United States139 reviews
management hands off
all about production, understandable though, don't care about their employees. Do not plan on a career, company has a very large turn over rate. When a employee does reach two or three years management will find a reason to fire you to keep payroll low.
Poor Management and practices
no standards or polices and very little support from management..they just say it's a fast paced environment...it's very hostile and u friendly, take up job if this is the last job option
Terrible work and personal experience
The reality is very different with what they offer, there is a hostile environment, bad attitude, discrimination and resistance to change.
They think that they are doing things perfectly and at least in my experience the applications are of poor quality and do not allow you to contribute anything because if you have something to say the people responsible for the applications have a bad attitude and a very rude deal with one .

You don't learn, you don't grow, you don't participate, it's just doing specific things like they think you should do.
Was a good place to work
Was ok liked it there wasent for me but lookijn for a new job to better my life for me and my daughter I'm willing to work and I'm on time all the time
Perfect job for hard workers
I was working about 50-70 hours a week, you’ll do about 10 hours a day, with 2-6 hours of that being driving the box truck or work vehicle, you will sometimes be asked to volunteer to do overnights in another state (w paid hotel & per diem) and jobs, unless long-term, are given out every morning for you to travel to and complete. You must be able to handle heavy lifting of equipment and products, stand or sit for long periods, start early in the morning (about 4-5 am)
April 15, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the hard work our installation team does to help our customers!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It suck
The pickers had run over the place and let them hold up your work, talk all the time in the aisles while you are trying to get your work done. Management sees pickers more important than anyone else. Stockers are there to keep the bins full the attitude of workers sucked and management picked certain one to compare you to to make the
uneasy. Orientation builds the company as a holy frail of companies. Stay away it truly sucks and makes newer employees to do all the work and older employees sit and talk until work is almost done.
Inexperienced Management and Lack of Vision
Starting out at WebstaurantStore, it was decided that I would be managed remotely by someone in a different, remove office. It became very obvious that my manager did not have any experience leading a developer before. Code reviews became more UX reviews, questions resulted in more confusion, and frequently, I was recommended to ask another developer rather than my manager.

During peer reviews, I pushed my manager to ask what the company is doing to grow in a already crowded e-commerce world. While there was great claim in the company growing, I felt like the steps were not nearly enough to compete, if for instance, another more established e-commerce competitor decided to move into the food service industry WebstaurantStore has a stranglehold over now.

WebstaurantStore is great if you have a passion for the food service industry, love to work on dated technology, and have little desire to go further than the position they hire you for.
April 8, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience and will be sharing your review with management for further review.
Terrible place to work Poor Management
The Pack room manager Is a joke and a racist and unapproachable and My Supervisor was a liar unapproachable and she didn't know how to do her job or mine. They practice the DISC profile and do not use it. Most of their managers are High D example the Pack room manager is a High D which means they only see things their way.The Production managers and employees are the ones who take all the slack and there is so much favoritism and fake people until its ridiculous and the company has so many errors which is their own fault. What is the point of hiring QA when they do not listen or use experience of qualified QA's because surely the QA manager doesn't know how to supervise if you ask her a question she doesn't know if you ask her boss a question he doesn't know then who is suppose to know. Packer's run the pack room but are under paid and the Supervisor's and Team Leads on 2nd Shift get blamed for everything. I worked all shifts and I clearly noticed who has favor Certain Packers can curse you out nothing happens. Certain QA's can be on their phone and nothing happens. Certain Team Leads can disrespect you and nothing happens. I have been in management for 20 plus years and have never seen such bad management. I spoke my mind and sent emails to corporate and the plant manager on my supervisor and her supervisor and had a target on my back. I advised them that they were over looking all their good employees and that they need to have hands on experience. Any one can Lead but it takes a person who has work their way from the bottom to the top to appreciate the value of leading. - more...
Pros
great pay
Cons
Poor Management
Nice place to work
It is a good job . But my home life did not fit in with my job. But over all I liked my job and would tell anyone to go for it if you like fast fun and great pay
Hard work
It's not worth the pay, for all that is needed within the company. I recommend more pay so that workers can stay! They can't get hard workers because of the DM and the work that is needed.
Absolute waste of time.
Management...could it get any worse? High turn over rate due to unrealistic standards and favoritism. Cliques all around the facility like it’s high school all over again. Constant stress and harassment from management to hit high numbers of orders. Nothing is good enough, and you’re watched like a hawk by management. Anywhere is better than here.
Great company
Cleaning office buildings cleaning bathrooms cleaning the gym vacuum floors mop floors vacuum stair wells carpet cleaning take out trash to the dumpster
April 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share about your role with Clark and your positive feedback!
Single point of failure
The single point of failure here is with senior management. The outbound ground operations manager has been spoon fed since my arrival. He is arrogant, refuses to accept feedback, and is employed because of a family connection. He fails through the operation like the flu. The director simply removes the failed responsibility and assigns another, more competent manager to fix the issue. (Examples - common carrier, fast track). Meanwhile the the line managers shoulder the bulk of the work.

I’ve literally never worked for a more incompetent person in more than 30 years of working.

They use words in public like diversity and in private they use demographic and ghetto. Employment is on a whim and fear is the driver.

I met some great people here who work hard everyday to make this company successful.

If you are looking for a management opportunity, I would move on.
February 12, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. If you are a current employee, we encourage you to share your concerns directly with your manager so they can be appropriately addressed. Your review has been shared with our senior leadership team as well. We pride ourselves on having people in leadership who embody our core values: having an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for excellence, and doing the right thing, so your feedback is surprising and something we will look into.
Job Titles are a lie
The vendor/category/pricing/etc analyst are all the same position and none of them are what such a job title would do in literally any other company. You will end up doing 80% administrative work, doing mundane tasks that should have been automated well over a decade ago.

Clark's success is due to their ability to bully low buying prices from their vendors. They are the walmart or the kitchen wares world.
February 5, 2020
While it is true that an employee's title or role may change once they've started or after a period of time working for us, the goal behind this is to identify what that employee's strengths are and create a role that's best suited to their strengths that meets the needs of the team.
nice place to work
i been here 3 years and i want to continue here
i will like for ppl to give this company a chance.. we growing and expanding our wearhouse this year!
February 5, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience!
Top notch! Not for everyone
Clark Associates Inc. is a fascinating organization with an amazing strategic approach. Clark is a tech giant among commercial restaurant equipment companies. However, Clark Associates Inc.doesn't have a very well developed training program. It is for this reason that employee turnover is so high. You need to be sure that purchasing is your field before you step into a career like the ones provided through Clark.
January 8, 2020
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your candid feedback and have worked (and continue to work) to improve our training program so employees are well equipped for success in their roles.
It's a job, Management is hard to please
Unpredictable hours every week, Management will tell you one thing then a different thing the next day. I enjoyed the co-workers but management made it a difficult place to work.
Pros
Many hours to make money
Cons
Management and unpredictable hours
Wow this place is a cancer
This place is something else. Lazy management starting with the 3 in the office. Buddy system in full affect and not to mention alot of stuff behind closed doors. From managers sleeping together to the Maintenance guy drinking in his truck. Terrible experience. Y'all are always hiring because of poor leadership and management. Get it together.
Don’t work here unless it’s your last option.
This is by far the worst place in the world to work the leadership is not trustworthy, nor knowledgeable at their jobs. You have a manager supervising the assistant manager, supervising the lead, who supervises the QA, who supervises the rest of the team. The standards change everyday and you are expected to know what they want at all times. Management and leads will watch you work and criticize your every move the after you are told you’re not doing a good enough job, you get coached. Then they start threatening your job and before you know it you’re out the door. I’m a former lead and I would rather go to jail than work for the managers their. Constant racism, sexism, and favoritism. Knowing your job does not make you any more qualified for a promotion than someone who just started. They always hire outside of the company and outside of the department. This is the most ridiculous place to work and I’m surprised they are still open. Too many double standards in that place. Like I said don’t waste your time.
November 27, 2019
We're sorry to hear your experience was negative and have shared your feedback with management for further review. We expect managers and all employees to live by our core value of doing the right thing so it is surprising to receive your feedback.
Stress due to management
Operations manager ruled by fear. I did not fear her so did not fit in. Working there was a popularity contest. Job performance and skills were of no consideration.
Pros
Close to home, enjoyed the work
Cons
Management.
November 11, 2019
We're sorry to hear this is how you felt while working for Clark. One of our core values is "Do the Right Thing," and with this, we aim to offer a work environment that is fair and honest. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.
Productive atmosphere
Very fast pace work environment but alot is required out of an employee for the amount of pay received. Very diverse with alot of departments to gain experience.
Pros
Free lunches
September 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We have shared your comments with our Cumberland management team for further review.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7