Clark Associates Employee Reviews

Been Good To Me
Ground Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJuly 10, 2018
I have to say this place is pretty good to me. I came in with no real experience in this type of environment and made it pretty well. I had a few issues with my attendance, arriving late a few days, and I came in to work still hung over from the night before on several occasions but I'm pretty tight with the manager so I got taken off my equipment and put on loading the truck. I didn't really have the experience to do the job I was promoted to, but again being pretty close with management really helped me in that area. All in all if you're willing to get chummy with your superiors, you'll do fine here.
Pros
Good environment for schmoozing
Cons
Dusty warehouse
Love this job!!
Box hustler (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 14, 2018
I have worked many different jobs and this is hands down the best company I have been with. The main thing is to be a team player and be willing to work!
Pros
The filtered water fountains.
Cons
Soda dispenser
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear your experience has been so positive!

Family Oriented, Growth driven
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 19, 2018
If you are self motivated and want to succeed this company is for you. You have to be willing to put the work in or you will be passed over for someone who is willing to do it. I’ve always felt that family came first and have a great work/home balance. They are very strict in their first 60 days but that means they are getting people who I want to work next to day in and day out because they work hard. Overall, the company is great. There is growth potential but have to be willing to do the work. Pay is good for the area and a pay increase was just given with a potential of $1.75 raises yearly and getting to caps after 5 years. $20.50 for this area in a warehouse is good money. Co-workers are great and it feels like a family.
Pros
Set schedule, OT offered some, family environment
Cons
Dusty, hot warehouse
May 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We're happy to hear that it's been positive and that you've seen the potential for growth with hard work. Your feedback has been shared with our management team as well.

Fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAMay 16, 2018
Horrible management can honestly say I like working there until new supervisors got to ahead of themselves and fired good workers for no reason only to the understanding of him not liking most of us
May 22, 2018

It sounds like there may be some misunderstanding as a supervisor would never fire someone for no reason. Our management team very much believes in helping employees who aren't meeting expectations through performance improvement plans and ongoing coaching, and if after that process, it's determined that the role isn't a good fit for an employee, a decision may be made to part ways. We encourage you to talk with your supervisor directly about your concerns so that they can be addressed appropriately.

If I could give a zero...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 15, 2018
I would. A few of the people here are decent enough and the work's not all that difficult. It sucks that there is no real climate control from a company that purports to make so much profit, but I guess you cut corners where you can?

The biggest drawback is management, who are secretive, gossipy, and tend to promote those that cling to their coattails. If they promoted the people that performed the best and had appropriate experience then so many people wouldn't be out the door on such a regular basis.

I say heed the other reviews on this site. I should've read beforehand about how terrible the management is. It's kind of unreal.
Pros
Some cool coworkers
Cons
Management, management, and management.
May 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our management team for review.

The grass isn’t always greener.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 15, 2018
From someone that had left the company for more pay elsewhere, I didn’t realize what I had till it was gone. I was one of the few that didn’t burn bridges and got rehired. I loved working at Clark. As long as you come in with a good attitude, drive to do your job, and with an entrepreneurial attitude, you will succeeded. If you have a “know it all” attitude and think that you could do better than someone in a leadership role, that is not what they are looking for. The management takes care of the employees by buying meals, free drinks, a climate controlled warehouse, and the most important, not laying off during slow season. I would recommend Clark to anyone.
Pros
Climate controlled warehouse, fast paced, no lay offs
Cons
Dusty warehouse
May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

Management is a joke
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 13, 2018
A company that chooses not to be great because they have managers that should be cleaning toilets instead of hiring people.They have high turnover all the time. Always hiring and choose to have a bozo as a manager. They will not put qualified people in management because they are in fear of losing their job.
May 16, 2018

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. Your feedback has been passed along to our management team for review.

Comment – May 17, 2018

Keep making excuses for such bad management and you end up with bad business. I would not let my dog be watched by these managers in Madisonville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inexperience is a Virtue?
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 9, 2018
The approach at clark may seem quirky and interesting at first, but upon a closer glance it is obvious that inexperience seems to be the modus operandi. Young, inexperienced people are thrust into positions they have no business in, causing morale to plummet. The only good thing to speak of was the free drink machine, but it often doesn't work. If you're looking for someplace to bow your head and get in line, this is the place for you.

The one thing that makes clark bearable is the handful of decent coworkers you encounter, but be weary of those seeking to advance themselves. They will turn on you in a second.
Pros
Soda machine
Cons
Inexperienced/Deceitful Management

Comment – May 11, 2018

You seem to have an interesting set of "values." Your choice of ground teamlead in Madisonville had shown up to work inebriated on several occasions and had also slept in a number of times, arriving to work late. If those are your core values, I can see why so many people are critical of your management selections.

May 10, 2018

When identifying potential managers, we look for employees who embody our core values and lead others toward them: pursuing excellence in all things, having an entrepreneurial spirit, and doing the right thing. Managers are challenged to demonstrate and continue to develop their leadership skills, focusing on the development of those on their teams and process improvement. If employees are concerned about the way a situation is addressed by their manager, we encourage them to speak openly and honestly with their manager so the issue can be addressed and resolved.

Decent Co-workers, Lousy Management
Packer (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 3, 2018
I was a packer and I didn't dislike most of the people I worked with and I got to wear headphones and work at my own pace, but in accordance with the standards. My only issue, and why I left, was the management. I had some serious issues with management about issues with another manager that several other people had expressed as well. The issue was never resolved and I was forced to leave. I only found out after I'd got another job that the issues was resolved and I was pretty disappointed, but glad for my other coworkers that suffered.
Pros
Headphones
May 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear you felt like your concerns with management weren't appropriately addressed. Your comments have been passed along to our management team for further review.

Comment – May 11, 2018

They weren't addressed because I and other associates were physically approached in an inappropriate way by a manager in the packing room. It took complaints from several associates and my quitting to prompt any action.

Poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 1, 2018
Supervisors seem more concerned about playing ping pong than working. They jump down your throat about errors but do nothing to help. They take away points if your a minute late but they show up late all the time. You go to pick up orders and You can’t find them.
Pros
Free soda when it actually works.
Cons
High expectations little reward.
May 10, 2018

Thank you for your review, and we're sorry to hear that your experience was negative and that you left with the impressions you did. Your feedback has been passed along to our management team so that issues can be addressed and communication can continue to improve.

Very fun place to work
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 27, 2018
loved working here. everyone very nice. pay was good as a picker. i had no problems. And would love to come an work for them again.
its an amazing environment and profit sharing is included. and paid membership to planet fitness
Pros
Company matches 401k etc. profit sharing and all
May 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We're happy to hear you loved working in our Cumberland distribution center!

Stressful, No Morale work enviroment everyone on edge worried about write up or termination. Managment all but 3 dont care about employees.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 11, 2018
I would not recommend unless you cant find nothing else. Most coworkers feel there is no job security. The Managment are constantly changing rules and SOP also they change your shifts start time by 2 hours with little warning and dont try to work with single parent families or families where both parents work that can't abide by new shift start time. Their pointing system is uwful you get 12 points when u start but they take 4 points if u miss a Monday or Thursday and 2 points if u miss a Tuesday or Wensday. A lot of people promoted to Team Lead or other Managment are the Managers buddies with only 6 months with company.Morale is a constant low the more u do the more they want ans your alway depressed and worried when arriving at work you might be fired over new rule that was put in place with no warning. Managment always pit their employees against each other through gossip also Managment never answer for wrong doings or not doing job. You will be wrote up if u talk bad about managment or company like it a communist country their is like 3 good people in managment without a agenda. Overall a very stressful, no morale place of employeement. They will take a good, loyal hard worker and turn them into the opposite becuse of Managment and work enviroment. You are constintly being threatend with a write up or termination.
Pros
Vacation days after 2 week notice, Benifit package
Cons
Work enviroment, Managment from Team Leads to warehouse Managers
April 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear you have felt that communication hasn't been clear and that you're always worried about being written up. Our management team's intention is to create an environment where communication is transparent so that any concerns about performance are addressed early and a plan for improvement is implemented. We also aim to let employees know about changes as quickly as possible, but there are times where we have to adjust and make a change without being able to give much notice. We encourage you to express your concerns to your manager as they will be able to speak more specifically to the issues you've brought up.

I love what I do and get to work with a team of friends
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 9, 2018
I have been here for 6+ years and never want to leave. I get to work with people I like and have the freedom to tackle tasks in my own personal way.

The compensation/benefits are great and the company knows and understands the importance of a work/life balance. The company also buys meals on a regular basis and gives gifts and rewards throughout the year.

This is a great place to work!!!
Pros
Working with a great team, benefits, work/life balance
April 11, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that your experience has been so positive!

Worst Management EVER
Ground Crew (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 8, 2018
I've never worked with such inept managers. Ground is total chaos 90% of the time, with unqualified kids running things. Nobody knows what they're doing and they're not sure why they are or aren't doing things. This chaos then devolves into a blame game, with management NEVER taking any responsibility for the chaos they can't seem to control.

I've also never seen such a high rate of turnover at a company. I guess this speaks to the inability of management to effectively hire good employees, or retain talent.

Also, the owner of the company visited the warehouse and every employee was ushered off of the floor so that we wouldn't be able to talk to him. He literally had 0% interest in talking to the people that make his profits for him. I've never dealt with this type of poor leadership that is terrible from the CEO down to the team leads.
Pros
Free soda machine (that rarely operates correctly)
Cons
Unqualified management.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear your experience has not been positive. Your concerns have been passed along to our management team so they can be addressed. Our turnover rate is actually much lower than the national average, and we aim to retain great employees so please share any feedback you have directly with your manager so we can continue to improve and ensure you have a motivating workplace.

Poor Establishment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 30, 2018
Management is highly unprofessional! Management shares information on situations that shouldn't be shared with Clark associates. As to the associates; some act as if they're better than others instead of being a team. Some will pick and choose who they want to help out on a work day instead of giving a helping hand to everyone in the building. I feel as if they're not an equal establishment and I do not recommend this workplace.
April 2, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience when working for Clark and that you felt situations were handled unprofessionally. We take your feedback seriously and have passed your concerns on to our management team for review.

Management is a joke
Everything with no appreciation for it (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NVMarch 22, 2018
The company and other employees are awesome to work with and for. However you guys should really open your eyes and take a good look at the managers. They sleep with and go clubbing and partying with their employees, witch makes for favorites at work. There are some that roll their eyes when your talking to them, talk about others in front of you and they just don’t know how to treat people like humans. They might be managers behind those four wall but outside of there that’s another story. I’m sure you guys have had plenty of complaints from Employees and nothing ever gets done about is so I steady if Replying with some nonsense how about you guys just fix it already and actually listen to what your hard working amazing employees have to say as opposed to one or two managers who aren’t even an asset.
Pros
Free soda in the break room
Cons
Horrible management not in all departments just one comes to mind (shipping)
March 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please discuss your concerns and what you've observed directly with your manager so that these problems can be addressed right away. We aim to create a safe and friendly work environment for everyone and hold managers accountable if their actions are not in line with our company culture and values.

Comment – April 5, 2018

Managers are never held accountable. If you have an issue with a manager, all they do is get mad than get rid of you. If everyone wonders why there are a lot of issues its because good employees are either fired, or the managers are so intimidated by their work ethic and their ability to outshine them, they decided to put people in positions that is not deserved just to spite the employees who deserve it. This is an inside to what is happening, but yet nothing will ever be done because no one wants to face the truth.

Do not work here
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMarch 18, 2018
Kentucky location customer service - worst manager I have EVER had
No job advancement without relocating to PA
Fair pay
expensive and subpar insurance options
high call/chat volume required
complete lack of morale, fear-based management
Pros
fair pay
Cons
management
March 22, 2018

We're sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience working in Customer Solutions. We aim for a work environment that promotes hard work, positivity, teamwork, and personal and professional growth. Managers are held accountable to lead not by fear but to lead through collaboration and support of those on their team. Employees in remote locations do have opportunities for growth, and many have been promoted to positions of leadership as the company continues to expand.

Your feedback has been passed along to our management team so we can continue to take concerns like this seriously and make improvements. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Work environment like Google's
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAMarch 13, 2018
You work really hard in this job, but the culture is amazing (especially at the WebstrauntStore building). There's a great cafeteria, outside sitting, games, a gym, a sliding board inside, and so much more! The pay is really great for that area. I would definitely recommend it.
Pros
Amazing culture, free food, gym, games
March 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your internship experience with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed it and hope to see you back with us in the future!

Great people, Great company
Quote Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 6, 2018
I started with Clark after graduating college in 2010, and have been working at the WebstaurantStore for almost 8 years. It's rare for millennials to stick with the same company for that long, and that's a testament to the type of company Clark is. The perks are unmatched, but are not what kept me here for 8 years; that would be the culture and management. It's a working environment where your ideas are heard and valued, and met with constructive guidance from management. WebstaurantStore has a quirky, silicon-valley, laid back vibe, which contrasts to the fast paced operating style that is required to keep up with ever-changing industry and technology trends.
Pros
Culture, Child-Learning Center, Fitness Center
February 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience! We love everything about this and are thankful for employees like you who have been so instrumental to our success!

Why Apply At WebstaurantStore?
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 5, 2018
WebstaurantStore is a truly a great place to work because of the opportunities they have for personal growth and career advancement. The company's primary focus is to continue expanding its business which allows for open positions and responsibility changes. They want what is best for their employees, and they help look for the best fit position.

At WebstaurantStore there are many opportunities to grow in your career along with making friendships and getting involved in the community if you so desire. It provides for a good work/life balance because of the hours that you are able to choose and the fact that you can leave your work at the office.

If the location in PA is holding you back from applying or accepting a position, don't let it! There are many different atmospheres including small town walking streets, good cafes and coffee shops, rural sunsets and hiking trails. Lancaster city has an urban feel and it is not too far from many major cities. I am not originally from the area, but it has been a really great place to live because of the varied lifestyles nearby.
February 7, 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear that you've had such a great experience at the WebstaurantStore.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9