Clark Associates Employee Reviews

n/a
MBA Intern, Webstaurant Store Unit (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 18, 2019
work life balance is excellent
management is supportive - embrace new ideas and innovation
autonomy is provided to employees
do not pay well unfortunately
March 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We will definitely share your concern about pay with management as we aim to be very competitive with pay and benefits.

Productive place to work
Buyer Trainee (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 18, 2019
Someone working for Clark Associates should be prepared to be busy with projects everyday, but also be aware of the need to effectively manage other responsibilities. Attention to detail, clear communication, and creative problem solving are key to advancment in this company.
March 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight! We're happy to hear you're having a positive experience.

You're just another employee
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMarch 6, 2019
You have to do both inbound and outbound jobs, they raise the quota all the time, they change shift hours all the time, and you can forget about getting promoted because they always hire from outside. The managers and leads sit around and tell people to move faster, while just obviously lounging and talking and laughing right in front of the employees. They make you feel like even when you worked your hardest, you could have done more.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
Having to work there
March 15, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way and encourage you to speak directly with your manager about your concerns so they can be addressed. While we are always looking to improve in our processes and work to meet new and challenging goals, we also want to promote a team-oriented and safe environment where employees feel appreciated and that they have opportunities for growth.

Good lunchroom
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NVFebruary 6, 2019
Favoritism at it's finest!!!That is about it on the things good to say about Clark, nothing. Other then earning a paycheck to pay your bills, you feel like you completed nothing at work. The job is not satisfying and you do not feel accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No common sense and no humanity
February 8, 2019

We're sorry to hear this is how you feel about the job and encourage you to talk with your manager about it. There is a lot of opportunity for growth in the warehouse, and it's important and helpful for your manager to know what your career goals are so that you are able to do something you feel is satisfying and challenging.

poor
Packer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVFebruary 2, 2019
Managers were biased and showed favoritism. Everyone was always out to get each other. It was very stressfull. They dont care about their employees at all.
February 6, 2019

We're sorry to hear this is how you felt working for us. As a company, we aim to always do the right thing so your feedback has been shared with management so your concerns can be looked into.

Think twice before working at WebstaurantStore
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lititz, PAFebruary 2, 2019
Before you accept an offer within the development group at WebstaurantStore in Lititz, you should consider a few things. This is one of those places that is always hiring and firing. So everyone is on edge all the time wondering when they will be walked out the door. Also, when you are "hired" you aren't really a full time employee. You are essentially on a 60 day trial. The corporate philosophy on new hires is that they have to be "in love with you" after 60 days or else they are encouraged to fire you. The company will try to say that statistically, a low percentage of employees are terminated after 60 days, but it is so well known that it is a running joke around the company. They have their building packed to capacity in Lititz, so when someone new comes on board, there is a good chance someone else is going to get walked out the door. It is very difficult to establish yourself at this place since there is no real documentation on their processes that you can study, and to get help you have to rely on all of these various message boards that the employees stay on all day posting inside joke memes and other non-professional nonsense. You have no HR department to go to with complaints. They only have some benefits guy available to answer questions. You are at the mercy of your manager and the other miserable employees that are typically underpaid for help to get established. Good luck. I was terminated after 60 days not for any cause but because they just "didn't like my style". I took a pay cut to come work at this place because I ignored all the warning signs  more... and got suckered into the sales pitch that this was some laid back silicon valley type environment. It wasn't. For me it was a toxic sweatshop where I was exposed to some of the most miserable nasty people I've ever met. I totally regret working for this place. Last - I think you have to wait a year to get profit sharing and the 401k is on the maximum 6 year vesting plan. And they are in the process of moving their operations to Tampa. Just more reasons to avoid this hellhole especially in this job market where so many better opportunities are available.  less
Pros
They do a decent job at Agile development
Cons
Every else about this place
February 6, 2019

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience and that these were your impressions when you left. We are intentional about determining whether or not a role here is a good fit for both the employee and the company within an employee's 60 days, and we aim to have a safe culture where employees can talk openly and honestly with their managers instead of filtering conversations through an HR department.Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

Eeehhh
Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2019
You are going to be working with felons..
warehouse is very dusty.
No room for growth
Communication Sucks
Although it says 15 per hour.. that’s an Lie to wheel you in
Their turnover rate is extremely high because it’s an bullcrap company to work for.
This job is good for people who have backgrounds or teens..
Pros
Morning Shift I guess. They give you water
Cons
Working beside felons, Pay, Managment, dirty, the pay sucks
January 23, 2019

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience working for Clark Associates. To clarify, we do not advertise pay for the Inventory Control Specialist position, and if a wage is listed, we pay the amount that is listed. Due to our company's growth, there are many opportunities for career growth for those who demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership abilities. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

Fast paced, but overall unfriendly and poorly managed job area.
RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Receiving food items coming into our warehouse, checking them in and placing them into their designated shelves or overflow shelves via forklift for order pickers to come and take them to their shipping department. Good people to talk to and mingle with, but others were good workers but not the most receptive and easy to talk to especially if you had any questions about something you weren't sure of. Too much emphasis on how many errors people make in putting items away, picking them off the shelves, doing inventories, checking items in and trying to be fast paced at the same time.
Pros
Some good people to work with.
Cons
Poor management, too concerned about numbers and errors.
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Your review has been shared with management so that your concerns can be addressed.

Stressful. High turnover. No job security. Low morale.
Photo (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDDecember 23, 2018
“Everyone is replaceable.”

“Anyone can be trained to do this job.”

Working here is one of my biggest regrets. From day one there was a lot of pressure to reach unrealistic metrics. Training was minimal. There wasn’t a clear vision for the goals of the department. Several members of management would give conflicting direction. Over time the expectations grew to be unreasonable. The employee morale is very low. Everyone is over worked and underpaid. There was little to no support from upper management when dealing with interpersonal issues. Management is retaliatory and does not take feedback well.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Management with bad attitude, unreasonable and unclear expectations
December 28, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience working for Clark. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

Hire better management, retain employees that work hard and show that they care about their job. Give credit to the hard working.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDDecember 20, 2018
The company isn't a bad company to work for but letting people go before their 60 days is bad cause you don't realize that person really needs the job. I would still be working there if I would have been recognized for the work I was doing instead of management making up a false evaluation about a job I wasn't doing. The problem was I was moved from the consolidation area to loading trucks, but was evaluated only on consolidation. There was no mention of the performance I was doing on loading trucks. How can someone be evaluated on a job that they are not left to do when management was never there to see how the job was being done.
Pros
Some decent employees who showed they care about other employees
Cons
Poor management, lack of recognition where needed, to many attitudes in work environment.
December 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your review has been shared with management so your concerns can be addressed.

Great Place to Work
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PANovember 7, 2018
I started working at Clark Associates in the warehouse right after college. I was quickly offered an assistant position, then a shipping supervisor position and now have a role managing one of the logistics teams. I really appreciate that management recognized where my strengths would be most useful. The company is growing very quickly and therefore they have a lot of need for strong people which means good growth opportunity.
I really like a lot of the people I work with. Almost everyone is committed to making improvements and trying new things to be competitive and it shows in the results. We celebrate setting new records for sales volume regularly. My favorite part about working here is having an opportunity to contribute substantial changes. My team members and I have seen many of our ideas put into practice. It is a lot of work implementing new concepts to keep up with the rapid growth on top of the day to day workload but it’s worth it because you feel like a real contributor. The company invests heavily in development/programming staff to be able to support our ideas.
Pros
comfortable environment/culture, great people, growth opportunity
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

Company would by meals ans spend time with all employee while eating just talking about the busines or things of intrest
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 31, 2018
Clark research was one of the most exiting job I had, helping others has always been my aim. At times calling doctors office would be difficult due to the time of day or appoiments, the oncology deparment was always more than willing to give information to help us gather the information needed for the research.
Pros
Nothinh to say
Cons
Nothing to say
Productive, and Achieves optimal levels of performance and accomplishments.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 29, 2018
Continuously examines administrative effectiveness and seeks better procedures. Develops successful administrative strategies.Establishes effective systems for information retrieval. Improves administrative support systems. Keeps documents organized to avoid duplicate information. Lastly they truly care for and about their employees I never worked for a company that helped with its employees working much during disasters Websterant Store is an awesome place for employment. Thank you Clark's Associates.
Pros
Everything Even down to hourly pay.
Cons
Nothing!
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience.

It was a Great Start But No Understanding
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed my job at webstaurant but due to a close matter with my father i was terminated i came to work and was always for the team but management never try to find a way to help your situation nor expressed any concern for what i was going thru only thing i wanted was a family environment which they say is there motto but wont even work with you to understand that you only have one father like a mother
Pros
Co Workers are Great
Cons
No Security
November 5, 2018

We're sorry to hear you went through a difficult situation with your father and felt unsupported. Your feedback has been shared with management for further review.

Management could be nicer people.
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2018
The management was very rude; there were some that were extremely kind but most were not. The owner is nice, I was in fire protection and the manager/ supervisor in the department only really cared about himself.
November 2, 2018

We're sorry to hear this is how you felt. Your feedback will be shared with management for review.

Great place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 19, 2018
I haven't been at Webstaurant long but within my time being there I have found it to be a great place to work. They care about their employees! Alban, GA was recently in a natural disaster and they made sure we were taken care of.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We definitely do care about employees and seek to go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of them (especially with a situation like you recently faced in GA).

Love it minus the management
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 30, 2018
This was my first experience working in a warehouse since I previously mostly worked in retail, so it was a bit of a change for me. I enjoy nearly all the people I work with, though the management are sneaky and seem to always be plotting against you. The work isn't hard, but the fact that we only get two 10-minute breaks during the shift is kind of lousy because it takes a few minutes to walk to the break area. My only major complaint is that the management is a big departure from what I'm used to. The management act like they're your friends, but people often disappear mid-shift for no apparent reason even after working hard alongside them. I guess you could say the management is the jesus-tattoo-on-their-hand style of hypocritical. If management was improved this place would be much better to work for. I really hope we get it together before we open the new facility.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Untrustworthy management
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear you felt you couldn't trust your managers. We aim to create a transparent, honest environment in all locations and seek to always do the right thing. Your concerns have been shared with our management team. We encourage you to share your concerns directly with your manager as well so they can be addressed.

Great Benefits. Poor Work Environment.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 29, 2018
If you like working in cramped spaces, and feeling as though you might lose your job everyday, but great pay - this is the place for you. I'm almost positive no one in the higher ups have ever packed in the packing room to actually know how hard it is to pack 80+ orders a night given how many items can be in one order, quality control, and various other side tasks that put you off track for the night. The work stations are small, and you're lucky if all your equipment (computer, scanners, printers, etc.) all work properly through your shift without making you want to throw them in the garbage.

On nights when it's slow you still worry about hitting your quota and whether or not they'll fire you. I usually see one coworker a night crying for sheer pressure of the company's numbers game. I was told there would be advancement opportunities, and have been turned down twice to do so. I was told their turnover rate is from people staying within the company for new positions. I never see them again.

Hypocritical management will scold you for being a few minutes (1-2) over break when they will be in the conference room for 10+ minutes past break playing ping pong.

Lastly, "material handler" does not mean lift driver as the listing implies. You are likely to be put in the packing room regardless of your interest.

Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Great pay and benefits for the area.
Cons
Numbers over people. Management.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear these were your impressions of working for the company. Your feedback has been passed along to senior management so these types of concerns can be addressed.

No advancement.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 29, 2018
There is no chance for career advancement. Mangers are brought in from outside to be trained by us regular employees. no matter how hard you work, when it comes to evaluation time, its "you can do better" for everyone. Its about the numbers and never the employees. Its no time to use the restroom. Managers never listen to us. Its not supposed to be a hard job, but the OPS and Inbound manager makes it harder. This location has no gym either.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, bad management
October 10, 2018

We encourage you to talk with your manager directly about these concerns so they can be addressed. As we continue to grow, there are always opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership qualities.

If you want to get anywhere you better know the right people.
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKSeptember 24, 2018
I was not fast enough for this job, order packer. Some orders took 30-45 minutes but we needed 11 per hour. It's rare to get help on big orders. They don't train you or try you out in other positions if you have trouble, they just fire you. I literally put blood and sweat in this job, I was bruised daily, damaged my wrists permanently, and they don't care. They play favorites, they talk about you behind your back, they're quick to criticize and slow to help or give you tips. All of the reviews are right. It seems to be the same reoccurring issues for all locations. That's not good at all. The pay isn't worth the stress.
Pros
The pay is good. Nothing else.
Cons
I would be here forever, read all reviews.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear you felt you couldn't get help or adequate training for your role. We have several processes in place, including performance improvement plans, to try to help employees who are struggling to improve as opposed to "just firing." Your feedback has been passed along to management for further review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7