Clark Associates Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Lititz, PANovember 7, 2018
I started working at Clark Associates in the warehouse right after college. I was quickly offered an assistant position, then a shipping supervisor position and now have a role managing one of the logistics teams. I really appreciate that management recognized where my strengths would be most useful. The company is growing very quickly and therefore they have a lot of need for strong people which means good growth opportunity.
I really like a lot of the people I work with. Almost everyone is committed to making improvements and trying new things to be competitive and it shows in the results. We celebrate setting new records for sales volume regularly. My favorite part about working here is having an opportunity to contribute substantial changes. My team members and I have seen many of our ideas put into practice. It is a lot of work implementing new concepts to keep up with the rapid growth on top of the day to day workload but it’s worth it because you feel like a real contributor. The company invests heavily in development/programming staff to be able to support our ideas.
Pros
comfortable environment/culture, great people, growth opportunity
November 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

Company would by meals ans spend time with all employee while eating just talking about the busines or things of intrest
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 31, 2018
Clark research was one of the most exiting job I had, helping others has always been my aim. At times calling doctors office would be difficult due to the time of day or appoiments, the oncology deparment was always more than willing to give information to help us gather the information needed for the research.
Pros
Nothinh to say
Cons
Nothing to say
Productive, and Achieves optimal levels of performance and accomplishments.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 29, 2018
Continuously examines administrative effectiveness and seeks better procedures. Develops successful administrative strategies.Establishes effective systems for information retrieval. Improves administrative support systems. Keeps documents organized to avoid duplicate information. Lastly they truly care for and about their employees I never worked for a company that helped with its employees working much during disasters Websterant Store is an awesome place for employment. Thank you Clark's Associates.
Pros
Everything Even down to hourly pay.
Cons
Nothing!
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're so happy to hear you've had a positive experience.

Management could be nicer people.
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2018
The management was very rude; there were some that were extremely kind but most were not. The owner is nice, I was in fire protection and the manager/ supervisor in the department only really cared about himself.
November 2, 2018

We're sorry to hear this is how you felt. Your feedback will be shared with management for review.

Great place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 19, 2018
I haven't been at Webstaurant long but within my time being there I have found it to be a great place to work. They care about their employees! Alban, GA was recently in a natural disaster and they made sure we were taken care of.
October 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We definitely do care about employees and seek to go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of them (especially with a situation like you recently faced in GA).

Love it minus the management
Packer/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 30, 2018
This was my first experience working in a warehouse since I previously mostly worked in retail, so it was a bit of a change for me. I enjoy nearly all the people I work with, though the management are sneaky and seem to always be plotting against you. The work isn't hard, but the fact that we only get two 10-minute breaks during the shift is kind of lousy because it takes a few minutes to walk to the break area. My only major complaint is that the management is a big departure from what I'm used to. The management act like they're your friends, but people often disappear mid-shift for no apparent reason even after working hard alongside them. I guess you could say the management is the jesus-tattoo-on-their-hand style of hypocritical. If management was improved this place would be much better to work for. I really hope we get it together before we open the new facility.
Pros
Cool coworkers
Cons
Untrustworthy management
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear you felt you couldn't trust your managers. We aim to create a transparent, honest environment in all locations and seek to always do the right thing. Your concerns have been shared with our management team. We encourage you to share your concerns directly with your manager as well so they can be addressed.

Great Benefits. Poor Work Environment.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 29, 2018
If you like working in cramped spaces, and feeling as though you might lose your job everyday, but great pay - this is the place for you. I'm almost positive no one in the higher ups have ever packed in the packing room to actually know how hard it is to pack 80+ orders a night given how many items can be in one order, quality control, and various other side tasks that put you off track for the night. The work stations are small, and you're lucky if all your equipment (computer, scanners, printers, etc.) all work properly through your shift without making you want to throw them in the garbage.

On nights when it's slow you still worry about hitting your quota and whether or not they'll fire you. I usually see one coworker a night crying for sheer pressure of the company's numbers game. I was told there would be advancement opportunities, and have been turned down twice to do so. I was told their turnover rate is from people staying within the company for new positions. I never see them again.

Hypocritical management will scold you for being a few minutes (1-2) over break when they will be in the conference room for 10+ minutes past break playing ping pong.

Lastly, "material handler" does not mean lift driver as the listing implies. You are likely to be put in the packing room regardless of your interest.

Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Great pay and benefits for the area.
Cons
Numbers over people. Management.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear these were your impressions of working for the company. Your feedback has been passed along to senior management so these types of concerns can be addressed.

No advancement.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 29, 2018
There is no chance for career advancement. Mangers are brought in from outside to be trained by us regular employees. no matter how hard you work, when it comes to evaluation time, its "you can do better" for everyone. Its about the numbers and never the employees. Its no time to use the restroom. Managers never listen to us. Its not supposed to be a hard job, but the OPS and Inbound manager makes it harder. This location has no gym either.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, bad management
October 10, 2018

We encourage you to talk with your manager directly about these concerns so they can be addressed. As we continue to grow, there are always opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership qualities.

If you want to get anywhere you better know the right people.
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKSeptember 24, 2018
I was not fast enough for this job, order packer. Some orders took 30-45 minutes but we needed 11 per hour. It's rare to get help on big orders. They don't train you or try you out in other positions if you have trouble, they just fire you. I literally put blood and sweat in this job, I was bruised daily, damaged my wrists permanently, and they don't care. They play favorites, they talk about you behind your back, they're quick to criticize and slow to help or give you tips. All of the reviews are right. It seems to be the same reoccurring issues for all locations. That's not good at all. The pay isn't worth the stress.
Pros
The pay is good. Nothing else.
Cons
I would be here forever, read all reviews.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear you felt you couldn't get help or adequate training for your role. We have several processes in place, including performance improvement plans, to try to help employees who are struggling to improve as opposed to "just firing." Your feedback has been passed along to management for further review.

Ok start
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 9, 2018
It was an ok stepping stone - they seemed to be successful despite themselves- not open for opinions or thoughts- seemed like you are better to do what you are told and not have an opinion
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and we're sorry to hear you left with this impression. We encourage an environment where all employees' ideas are welcome and collaboration leads to better ideas. Your feedback has been passed to management so we can continue to improve.

terrible
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAAugust 17, 2018
This job was the absolute worst job I have had in my entire career. I hated going in to work every day. This place is not female friendly. 90% of the employees were under 30 with less than 5 years experience.The management had no leadership qualities or management direction. They fire employees faster than they can hire them. God bless anyone who works there.
Pros
Free water and fountain drinks.
Cons
dirty, NOT female friendly, No management direction
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had these impressions of working for Clark. We aim to create a safe environment for all employees where managers are supportive and coach extensively before letting someone go. Your feedback has been passed along to management for further review.

Not recommended
CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYAugust 14, 2018
Busy pace, days fly by but the job isn’t really what you’d consider rewarding. It’s basically a call center, even though they don’t like to call it that. You answer phones, emails, and live chats. Get in the clique or you’ll be let go. Everything is about their culture. It’s all they talk about. Hard work and can-do attitudes are overlooked if you don’t make it into that clique. High turnover. No breaks except for lunch. When asked about breaks, trainer replied that they don’t really take breaks other than lunch. They do buy your lunch a couple times a week.
Pros
Pay was good, free lunches
Cons
No breaks (except for lunch), not a rewarding job
October 17, 2018

We're sorry to hear this is how you felt about your time in Customer Solutions. We aim for an environment that is free from cliques and favoritism which is why one of our core values is "Do the right thing."

Co-Workers were great, management was mediocre at best, wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
Specialty packer (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 24, 2018
I’d like to know how Clark Associates management goes about deciding which employees should be afforded the opportunity to find their perfect place within the company while others are simply terminated before being given the same opportunities as others within the same positions. When being terminated I was compared to another associate in the same position as myself who’d been with the company for a much longer time then me. I was told she was the same size as me but doing many more orders then me on a daily basis so the reasoning was why couldn’t I simply do the same? I was singled out and told that I required too much help at my station. When I filled out my application and when I was interviewed I was asked if I could lift up to 75lbs and the answer is yes, so why then was I being scolded and terminated for asking for assistance with packages that are ranging in weights of 86 to 120lbs and are larger then I can spread my arms wide? It’s simply humiliating that they will afford a youngster who lives with their parents all the opportunities in the world to find their perfect position within the company but will terminate a mother of four with two special needs children who relies on her money to keep a roof over their heads and food in their bellies and much needed medical care, instead of simply providing her with the same opportunities. I was told I was doing well, keeping up with the orders that were coming into my station. Why then was I not afforded the same opportunity as the person before me and moved to another area of the warehouse when I couldn’t make my numbers  more... to see if I was a good fit elsewhere?  less
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, mediocre management, stressful work environment.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience, and your feedback has been passed along to management. We make sure all employees have the training and feedback necessary to do the job well, and growth opportunities are earned by those who demonstrate exceptional work ethic and leadership qualities.

Doesn’t seem to hire females
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 18, 2018
Tons of experience. Applied over 30 times and have all the necessary experience. This place not once called but always hiring. Terrible place! I would never work here.
Cons
Not female friendly
August 23, 2018

There are numerous factors that are considered when it comes to our hiring process. We look at things such as professional credentials, work experience, skill set, referral sources, and the candidate’s requirements. We want to make sure the individual is a good fit, both for the company and employee.

Stressful, ridiculous expectations, long days.
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJuly 12, 2018
Working at Webstaurant is unnecessarily stressful because you're expected to be producing a set number of numbers per day/hour. I definitely don't think you shouldn't be held to standards, but the goal you should be expected to do is to clear the belts as quickly as you can, not to produce a certain number of orders per day. The first few weeks are incredibly mentally exhausting, as you're told what numbers you're supposed to be making as weeks go on. Some supervisors are not professional, and job security at Webstaurant is very low. By the end of my second week I was so mentally frustrated and exhausted with myself because I was constantly thinking about my numbers, instead of thinking about doing things as best as I could because producing numbers is the ultimate goal at Webstaurant. I do believe their accuracy system is important, and seems to work well, however I 100% disagree with the pushing of the incredibly high expectations of orders/day system. If you're considering this position, and aren't thinking you will like packing boxes, don't do it. I didn't think I would like packing boxes that much, but didn't think I'd hate my job within my first three weeks, but that's exactly what ended up happening. If you're a perfectionist like me, this place will make you feel like you will never succeed at your job.
Pros
Break room, compensation, discount, co-workers
Cons
Ridiculous expectations, long days, management, unrewarding (mentally), job security.
October 10, 2018

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Your feedback has been passed along to management so we can continue to improve.

Love this job!!
Box hustler (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYJune 14, 2018
I have worked many different jobs and this is hands down the best company I have been with. The main thing is to be a team player and be willing to work!
Pros
The filtered water fountains.
Cons
Soda dispenser
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear your experience has been so positive!

Family Oriented, Growth driven
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 19, 2018
If you are self motivated and want to succeed this company is for you. You have to be willing to put the work in or you will be passed over for someone who is willing to do it. I’ve always felt that family came first and have a great work/home balance. They are very strict in their first 60 days but that means they are getting people who I want to work next to day in and day out because they work hard. Overall, the company is great. There is growth potential but have to be willing to do the work. Pay is good for the area and a pay increase was just given with a potential of $1.75 raises yearly and getting to caps after 5 years. $20.50 for this area in a warehouse is good money. Co-workers are great and it feels like a family.
Pros
Set schedule, OT offered some, family environment
Cons
Dusty, hot warehouse
May 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. We're happy to hear that it's been positive and that you've seen the potential for growth with hard work. Your feedback has been shared with our management team as well.

Fun work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leola, PAMay 16, 2018
Horrible management can honestly say I like working there until new supervisors got to ahead of themselves and fired good workers for no reason only to the understanding of him not liking most of us
May 22, 2018

It sounds like there may be some misunderstanding as a supervisor would never fire someone for no reason. Our management team very much believes in helping employees who aren't meeting expectations through performance improvement plans and ongoing coaching, and if after that process, it's determined that the role isn't a good fit for an employee, a decision may be made to part ways. We encourage you to talk with your supervisor directly about your concerns so that they can be addressed appropriately.

If I could give a zero...
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 15, 2018
I would. A few of the people here are decent enough and the work's not all that difficult. It sucks that there is no real climate control from a company that purports to make so much profit, but I guess you cut corners where you can?

The biggest drawback is management, who are secretive, gossipy, and tend to promote those that cling to their coattails. If they promoted the people that performed the best and had appropriate experience then so many people wouldn't be out the door on such a regular basis.

I say heed the other reviews on this site. I should've read beforehand about how terrible the management is. It's kind of unreal.
Pros
Some cool coworkers
Cons
Management, management, and management.
May 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our management team for review.

The grass isn’t always greener.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 15, 2018
From someone that had left the company for more pay elsewhere, I didn’t realize what I had till it was gone. I was one of the few that didn’t burn bridges and got rehired. I loved working at Clark. As long as you come in with a good attitude, drive to do your job, and with an entrepreneurial attitude, you will succeeded. If you have a “know it all” attitude and think that you could do better than someone in a leadership role, that is not what they are looking for. The management takes care of the employees by buying meals, free drinks, a climate controlled warehouse, and the most important, not laying off during slow season. I would recommend Clark to anyone.
Pros
Climate controlled warehouse, fast paced, no lay offs
Cons
Dusty warehouse
May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8