Clark College Employee Reviews

Good culture
Adjunct Instructor of English (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 7, 2018
This is a great place to work, but adjuncts don't get benefits or full time loads (as is the case anywhere), and faculty in the English department have classes that meet five days per week, instead of two or three.
Affiliate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 1, 2018
Clark is a good place to work, however, as an adjunct instructor, you are not guaranteed any number of courses and are usually not told if you are not offered classes in a particular term.
Choose not to write a review
CNC Instructor and Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 30, 2018
No Review , I choose not to write a review and find it offensive that I am forced to do so just to participate in a job search for job. I really feel that there should be and op out button.
Excellent Co-Workers; Management May Vary
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 19, 2018
The lack of a living wage has caused many employees to leave for higher paying jobs. Several offices have toxic management that Human Resources knows about but hasn't done anything to fix the situation. Current employees who are qualified to advance are often passed over for promotion.
Student oriented environment
Program Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 17, 2018
The Director of the department where I worked, was one of the best I've ever had an opportunity to work with. She encouraged personal and professional growth. Her leadership led to many advancements within the department.
Controlling & dictating in syllabi & teaching methods
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 16, 2018
People seemed really nice at first...and some really are. However,
if you do not follow their dictates in values & political philosophy & teaching only what they prescribe,you are screwed. Also, the department chairs do not reach out to teachers enough--as far as keeping up with methodologies &technological mandates. No matter how hard one tries, there is NO advancement unless you are in the "in-crowd."
Pros
Love the students, who are from all ethnic, socio-economic, cultural, religious, & age backgrounds! I miss them!
Cons
Non-understanding, heartless management & volatile schedules
Student intern for Clark College data networking lab
Lab technician/tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 10, 2018
Good experience working with a variety of technologies. From data to voip to vmware and layer 2 switching you get a little bit of everything data-related in this lab.
Pros
experience
Cons
temporary position
I left for personal reasons.
Assistant to Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 16, 2018
I wish I would have spent more time preparing for this role. I could have really excelled. Personal circumstances prevented me from completing my contract with this person.
Positive Environment
Mac Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 6, 2018
The mac lab was a positive environment and I had a really great manager. I would have stayed at the job if I hadn't left the school. Helping people with the adobe suite was both well within my skills and something I enjoyed doing.
no career advancement
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 27, 2018
Clark isn't focused on the employee, they assume the turn over is inevitable. Don't expect support, advancement, or opportunity. however, if you love your community, the students, and being a part of something big this would do it.

Want to know more about Clark College?

Ask a question
Good for full time faculty
Full Time GED Faculty (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 26, 2018
While I cannot rate the college from an adjunct perspective, I love working for Clark as full time. The President is wonderful, most of the staff I have encountered are friendly and helpful, and the campus is beautiful.
A friendly place to work at
Math Tutor (Algebra - Calculus) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 22, 2018
People are supportive and it provides the positive working environment. I learn a lot from other tutors who are very humble and supportive. The supervisor is very kind!
Worst place on earth to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 18, 2018
Bullying, and forced labor were predominant. No labor laws at all were followed. Staff was nice, students were kind. I would never work there again. Consideration should be seriously given before working there.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Administration
Chemistry Tutor
Chemistry Tutor, Student Tutoring Services (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 14, 2018
I had this role on a volunteer basis, so my review of the position as a job is not useful to those who are seeking employment with Clark College on a salaried basis.
Education
Tech Hub (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 13, 2018
Working with the school and in the library was a great space for an intro job for IT. Learned how to talk to customers and quickly solve problems that the clients had.
This was a work study position
Tutor / Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 11, 2018
Work study position as a teachers aid in the GED program. Helped students learn skills in math and reading. I learned how to determine if a student is getting what is being taught and how to individualize instruction for them.
Bookstore GM Associate
General Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 17, 2018
While I worked at the bookstore on the GM team there was great, friendly management & helpful coworkers. A typical day would always have something new in store. It would range from rotating stock of office/school supplies, food & drinks, backpacks and clothing, to creating purchase orders and keeping track of inventory, interacting with vendors and occasionally decorating the storefront window. I learned a lot about merchandising, inventory and working with vendors on keeping the store supplied with new merchandise. Workplace culture was great, no complaints. The hardest part of the job was rotating food/drink stock. It was a pretty easy position. The most enjoyable part of the job personally, was getting to know my coworkers and interacting with the vendors.
A great place to learn and grow!
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 16, 2018
I loved all the training's that we got to participate in as student leaders. We were guided in our work and got to have fun while doing it. If I could go back, I would.
Fun place to work
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Clark College was great place to work, I enjoy the atmosphere and felt it was a great place to learn and be encourage and grow. The staff was phenomenal and supportive.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Various Staff
Adjuncting is hard
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 12, 2018
I was an adjunct, so I would teach, grade, and meet with students then leave. I wanted to do more, but due to the temporary nature of the position I could not.