CLARK CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting work.
Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20814June 18, 2018
Early start to each dayl Being on the job site was interest because there were many opportunities to learned about the construction process. Management encouraged educational pursuits and advancement within the company.
Pros
Fitness classes, location, tuition reimbursement
Cons
daily commute
very hard work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2018
fast pace ,hard physical work.dangerous exposure.must be a excelant craftsman,multy task skills.long hours.little room for advancment.its a good ol boy system,
Pros
pay check
Cons
hard work
Accelerated construction management experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 2, 2018
As an experienced Project Manager Clark added much to my level of management and parameters of construction. Three timber HS-20 bridges as well as 150 slip floating marina were new to me.
Pros
Examples to work with.
Cons
Time constraints.
Small business with great salary
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 12, 2018
Working at Clark's Construction was a good experience. On a regular day you will continue to be busy. There is a strong male presence in the office because the industry is construction. The employment requires you to be a great multitasker. You are required to have great customer service and people skills.

The office is small and you will deal with a lot of different contractual employees (1099). If you enjoy a face paced environment, you will be a good fit.
Pros
Management was very supprtive and the salary was very competitive
Cons
The employer did not offer any benefits for the staff
Pretty solid place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Good company with great benefits. Work environment was pretty stressful. I’d work there again if I had to do it all over. Very friendly colleagues that actually care
Internship - Clark Construction
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSFebruary 3, 2018
I worked for Clark Construction as an intern for two summers. The first summer I worked on an apartment complex and worked directly under two superintendents.
Fine for some
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 31, 2018
Clark construction was a nice place to work and is probably great for some, it just wasn't my style. Very slow paced, large company with a lot of red tape. Didn't make decision, at in regards to finance or implementation of things quickly. A lot of people had worked there for decades and were very territorial over there little silos. Also coming from outside of construction was difficult because a lot people had spent their life in it, and did value opinions of "outsiders"
Decent company
Administrative Assistant/Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 11, 2018
The company provides good benefits for their employees. Lack of advancement in certain departments. Salary for different jobs should be higher. It is very diverse and offers good employment options to the field employees.
Not a favorite
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 30, 2017
Early in the project our task was becoming complex although everything was very standard. The sponsor would express a lot of demanding criticism toward their labor.
Productive & well friendly environment
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXDecember 21, 2017
Clark Constructors is a good place to start the beginning of your future at. It’s a place for someone young trying to establish a future with either themselves & or a family .
Pros
holiday parties
Cons
Safety Allegations
Great people, awful work/life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 26, 2017
There are very few opportunities to advance as a female. There is a large disconnect between upper management and entry level employees, especially due to the large age gap.
Fun to work
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2017
Honestly i can say the company is very reliable and beneficial to the clients . Ive obtained much under my belt as a carpenter and will recommend this company to anyone trying to stay working . the only issue i have is that its temp work and i need a career personally.
Pros
Many
Cons
Ok
Competitive, need to be a self starter
Contracts Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2017
Good company to work at, good benefits, need to be self starter in order to advance. Company is very old school, blue collared, and structured, good place to make connections.
Construction management office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2017
A bit gender oriented, some people were nice most of the time. Working with contractors, superintendents, making invoices and do general office tasks, etc.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Personalities
great company to work for
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2017
opening and closing of gates, coordinate delivers and pick up of equipment. monitor safety and safety concerns. some days were longer than others and you had to stay to get the job done
not a good company
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Point Comfort, TXSeptember 13, 2017
at times we would only get 25 hours even less.
they would fire people so they wouldnt have to pay them unemployment.poor management from supervisors and foremen
Pros
get to learn
Cons
no benefits, no raises, no management
Most days were Stressful .Many days were difficult keeping up with deadlines.. Poor management , micromanaging over the last few years I was there.
Architectural Designer/ Architectural Dep. Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield, CTSeptember 13, 2017
During the 12 years I was at Clark Construction I experienced some good years but they were outweighed by many difficult years. There was a high turnover rate with employees which made it difficult to form relationships with my piers.
Many days I would end up coming in early and go nonstop and leave late, Projects were moved along at an incredibly fast pace often times to the detriment of the project, resulting in mistakes during construction.
However I did learn to multitask , and manage projects. I also learned how to manage people becoming a department manager.
The company did undergo a change in upper management a few years ago that led to a lot of frustration throughout the office which had an overall negative effect of the atmosphere in the office. Many arguments among co-workers started occur.
Over the years these things began to take a toll on me physically and emotionally leading me to the decision to leave.
The one thing that kept me working there for twelve years was working with the clients on a variety of different projects that continued to challenge my design abilities.
Pros
Working with clients, Variety of projects, Developing friendships with a couple of high quality people.
Cons
Underpaid for the work performed. Broken promises. Paid time off never increased over 12 years.
Happy at Work
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 30, 2017
Great job. It was the best employment I ever had! I would not have left if it wasn't for my family relocating. I enjoyed the hard work and the pay is very reasonable.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Good
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 21, 2017
This was a good place to work. I recommend them to others. I wish them well with their future endeavors and for future prosperity. Thank you for the opportunity.
Hard work but honest good company
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2017
the employer is awesome to work for, would work hard for his employees. Always giving good feedback, bonuses, and compensation. Room for movement and progression through out the company.
Pros
Good hours, Money, The boss is nice and understanding also works side by side with you
Cons
No benefits