Clark County, NV Employee Reviews

I do not like Las Vegas culture
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2018
this is a ruff city to live in all jobs that do not involve casinos are very hard to get and jobs in the casino industry are unstable with no benefits Good Luck
great experiance
Elections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2018
it was a great experience, they are nice and respectful... mostly everybody that works there know each other for years, feels like a big family.
we all work together/1
Pros
great company
Cons
Positive experience working in county government
Juvenile Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2017
I work a law enforcement job (juvenile probation officer) for a county agency. Overall my experience has been good. Great benefits and our pay is in the top 10% nationwide for JPO's. I enjoy the people I work with, with very few exceptions. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in the lives of at risk youth on probation and incarcerated.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, every day is different, helping youth
Cons
stressful, management, excessive policies & procedures
Stressful but rewarding
Family Services Specialist-PTH (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2017
Clark County has great benefits and a good retirement. Clark County is a very large entity and anyone should be able to find a position that will fit their career goals.
I really enjoy working for the company I Currently work for
Foster Parent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2017
The companies I have worked for have been very professional , I enjoy all my coworkers, I've never had a problem with anyone in my company, I have learned to become a team player and have patience in dealing with individuals that are mentally challenged. I have learned customer service skills.
Productive and Amazing Team
Building Permit Specialist II/Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2017
Embraced the culture, appreciated all staff up to management level. Encouraged training and goal setting. Great place to work and be a apart of dyanamic team.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Team, Moral
Energetic enviornment
Juvenile Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2017
Most days were challenging and I learn how to adapt to change and situations. Management was always available for support. The workplace provided a safe and secure environment. The most challenging part of the job was saying goodbye. What I found most enjoyable was getting someone back on the right track.
Pros
Free entertainment and food perks
Cons
Working for the County is like working with a family
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
Truly love working for the County. Also love working with all the children and parents. Such a great staff and management, always productive and providing for the community.
Upbeat place
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2017
This job is fun as you get to meet so many different people from all over the world everyday. Also I issued marriage licenses so it was a very happy setting.
benefits
Cons
open holidays and until 12am everyday
Fun environment with great pay and amazing break-times
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 16, 2016
A1 experience. Management is very laid back, and your day will range from having 1/4 to 1/3 of you day in paid breaks. You really don't even have to worry about knowing the lifeguard skills because you will review them every week and managers will always answer questions you have.
Working for Real Property Managment
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2016
Working for the county does have it's pros and cons. My review is strictly on for RPM department. The county is large and every department is different so I can not tell you overall how working for the county is. I would not suggest RPM if you are looking to advanced your career administrative wise, if you have a skilled trade such as plumbing, electrician, so on then it would be perfect for you.
Fun and Safe place to work
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
I enjoyed working as a lifeguard for Clark County. It was a great first job experience and I made friends to last a lifetime! Management was outstanding and very understanding when it came to shifts and work schedules. Co-workers were so amazing and fun to work with! I learned so much working as a lifeguard such as lifeguard training and CPR training exercises. The hardest part had to be watching the water when it was a busy day such as a Saturday. But the most enjoyable part had to be watching the families bond and the new swimmers accomplish a new skill at their lessons.
Pros
15 minute break every hour, fun employees
Great Place to work
IT Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2015
Clark County was a great place to work. Excellent career growth. Training for in-house programs offered at County expense.
Pros
Variable schedules
Cons
Small town atmosphere and
Clark County
Program Mgr, Change Mgr, Cust Suppt Mgr,ERP PMO (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
There are some brilliant people that work there. I enjoyed working with them!
Good Place to Work
Building inspector (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVDecember 17, 2012
I enjoyed my time their and would like to work there again but I am wary. I was told that "The county has never laid off" when I took the job and several times while I was there. Then I got laid off, Force Reduction.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
management seems to have personal agenda