Clark County Combined Health District Employee Reviews

N/a
Sanitarian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 23, 2017
Great environment, and learning experience. I really enjoyed my time here, it was not in the field of work that I wanted. I learned a lot of levels of experience to help my maturity in he workforce and to advance my career.
Community Health Department
WIC Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Health Department offers great services to the families of Clark County. Many of the services provided were on a sliding fee or no fee charged. No Team work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
organization isn't unified
I enjoyed coming to work every day! Always something new going on.
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time at the health department! The management was outstanding and I loved all of my coworkers. We all worked together as a team which made the work flow go easier. My favorite part about working there was meeting new people every day which kept it fresh and exciting. I really enjoyed being a lactation counselor as I felt like I truly made a difference in the success of a breastfeeding experience for the moms that I worked with. I also enjoyed giving immunizations to all of our clients who walked in because it was improving their lives by keeping communicable diseases away.
Pros
Sick time could be used when anyone in the family was sick, Worked no weekends or holidays, Flexible work schedule, Work always stayed fresh because we saw different people every day.
Cons
Low pay
Old boys club
Registered Sanitarian (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 9, 2016
Director cares more about how good he looks to the commissioner than doing a good job. Commissioner oversees HR so no progress is ever made on complaints against himself or his buddies. Lack of adequate training and stiff consequences for mistakes.
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Extremely poor leadership
Great people to work with
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield OhioJuly 31, 2013
I enjoyed working with people that I was really helping in our community. My co-workers were wonderful to work with and we were like family
Pros
First shift, Mon-Fri, great benefits
A great starting off place to advance your career in the health field
Community Health Advocate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 28, 2013
Good work environment, not a lot of negativity, tons of support from supervisors in regards to the difficult home visiting aspect for day to day inspiration to continue work.
Great place to be of public service and to increase your knowledge.
Tuberculosis Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OHDecember 4, 2012
Work day varied due to case load. Great learning experience. Co-workers very dedicated to public health and team oriented. Management understanding and supportive. Workload very demanding at times. Greatest part of the job was working for the health of the community.
Pros
rarely worked weekends and evenings. great learning experience
Cons
low pay scale with little room for advancement