Clark County School District Employee Reviews

Great work place and job just not where I want to be in life at the time
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
The school and the people there were great. I just feel like I have more in life I should be doing and with the death of a close family member I needed a little time away from work . No problems i the school district and would recommend many of people to go there for stability in life .
Unfair pay conpensation corrupt mishandling of state money
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2018
The district should break apart to better appropriate budget money for schools and for teachers. Interesting how corrupt the appropriations of money is with CCSD. Pay a new superintendent gross sums of money every two to three years enticing however, wasteful spending during my career since 1999. All the money could have been appropriated effectively to the necessary income for teachers NOT superintendents.
Pros
Effective management at the school level
Cons
Poorest profession in community
Teaching
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
Clark county schools are so badly run that they harm students. What clark county does should not even be considered teaching. I miss teaching yet I will never work with clark county.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrid teaching environment
stressful, unrealistic demands, unsupportive administration
Art Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
As an employee on and off for over 20 years, CCSD has it downside with very few benefits with working for them. Lack of budget, unsupportive administration, overcrowded classrooms, potable classrooms that are "sweat boxes", mean angry parents, over worked staff, does not create a very HEALTHY environment to work, learn or grow as an individual. The demands are greater, with no support, and teachers each year are told to do MORE with Less, promises made, contract agreements not reached, superintendent receives over million dollar retirement package, teachers are over looked for raises however told they can EARN CUs for a potential, possible raise in the future.
The Good side, making a difference in the life of one of 1200 children you teach each week.
Pros
summer vacation, holidays off
Cons
too many to list
It's a very fast pace environment.
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
Working for the school district its a great opportunity to learn something different every day. Being a front office clerk I have learned several aspects of the office duties like assisting the office manager with payroll and assisting attendance with student attendance. The hardest part of my job is not having the answers to all the questions that come my way. However the enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist students and parents to their needs.
Pros
Being an 9 month employee only.
Cons
Working Mon- Fri
Plenty of work if you are Bilingual
Translator/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
A typical work day is very busy fullfilling the needs of those who need translation or interpretation services. They is a huge need for bilingual personal.
Pros
You are always busy
Cons
Too much work for one person
ccsd was a ok place to work
Garage attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
I would start by fueling the buses making sure all fluids were at the correct levels. after fueling was done we would go inside help the mechanics do repairs. I worked a lot with body shop guy which is who started teaching me how to weld.
Pros
lots of paid time off, good with family needs
Cons
no raises
Guest Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
Starting work at 7am is the best thing ever. You get off by 1:30 and you still have the rest of the day to yourself. The day is short and it goes by really fast.
Pros
get off early
Cons
short lunch breaks
Good place to teach.
assistant principal (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, Nevada, USAMay 10, 2018
Overall school environment was positive. Teachers are collaborative and dedicated to children's education. The overall management of the district, however, needed some true leaders to keep abreast with its changing demographics and societal attitudes and problems.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Management needed improvement
overalls CCSD is a pretty bad place to work! they don't care about the teachers whatsoevever!
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2018
The district and trustees don't care about the teachers. The teachers are constantly fighting for salary increases, they continue to get larger classes, and special educators are treated like they're worthless.
Pros
Good teachers that are dedicated.
Cons
No teacher support.
No work life balance
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Long hours, high expectations. You loose lunches and preps if a student is acting out. No support, no one to guide new teachers. Will never work here again.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Work life balance, support, management, benefits
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
I love working with kids and developing them into adults and helping them trying to figure out life themselves. I also love challenging students and making sure they really think about what they are saying and what comes out of the mouth. My responsibility are to make every student in the school has a safe environment

Other Responsibility
- Files
-Meeting
-Safe environment
-Helping parents in anyway or form
-Grades
-Microsoft Office
Pros
Preps, Working with student, Coaching
Cons
Holidays and summers I don't get paid
Lots of potential
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Northwest area of Las VegasMay 8, 2018
I very much enjoy being a physical education teacher. I have great staff members I work with. I have been with the district for 30 years and have expanded my knowledge into different areas. The best part of my day is working with my students and watching them grow and learn something new.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not anything out of the ordinary
its a great place to work at if you are looking for something that is easy.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
it is a great place to work at its just for the summer i don't have a job because i do work for ccsd it only goes for 9 mouths listed of a year round. so i need a job for the summer. but it was a great working place that is easy and out going and everyone is so friendly and kind towards other people
Pros
health benefits and the environment
Cons
only having a job for nine mouths
Not the best place to work
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2018
I love teaching but teaching is secondary to trivial paperwork and cumbersome evaluation systems at CCSD. If you enjoy teaching, I would look elsewhere for a position.
good place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anywhere in Las VegasMay 4, 2018
This was a good place to work. There was always administrative support. There were always options for schools to work, and you had your choice. The online option was the best way to secure a job for the day.
Pros
easy online access
Cons
no benefits
Love my job.
Guidance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2018
Love the security and protection that comes with being a licensed employee. As well, the perk of being off and paid during the summer is unmatched....
Pros
Paid summers off
Cons
Stressful at times
Good job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 3, 2018
I like CCSD and the flexibility. Some schools are great while others have conflicts with the administration and teachers. I of course work at the schools that do not have these co flicta and feel appreciated. I work to make a difference Nd feel I do. I do feel pay needs to be increased and benefits need to be some. As a substitute we do have college and the aides do not yet they receive benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits and poor pay
long haul
Lead Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2018
most people work for a pay check. dont care about the quality of work they give and cant wait for their 10, 20, or 30 year to be up. its kind of a downer to work there.
Big district, big responsibililty
Long-term Substitute Spanish teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2018
This is a very large school district, with over 300,000 students. It is very fast-paced and intense. It can sometimes be frustrating to work in classrooms with so many students, but it is also very rewarding!