Clark Oil

United States39 reviews

Clark Oil insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

It was a subway inside a clark oil

Working at the subway was just like working any other fast food job it's not rocket science I didn't care for my manager too terribly much the employees were pretty awesome the Clark Oil manager with amazing

Potential to be great !

11 years with this company and I don’t regret staying here. I have met some of the best people that work at this company and I am forever grateful.

Pros

Pay and work home balance

Cons

Stress

Does not pay enough money for the work required

Evening shift is the only shift available which is 2:00 pm-10:00 pm. No holidays off. Low pay rate and no raises offered. 8 hour shift with no lunch break. Too much work expected for minimum wage.

long hours, no benefits

Minimum wage job with no benefits. You were basiclly treated like a warm body in the building and at any given time you could be fired and just as easily replaced, Most of all unless you were the manager you had no input on anything of value concerning the store.

Cashier/Customer Service Representative

Personally, for me, the job was perfect! There was a lot to do to keep a body busy. But if you're not a people person, don't bother to apply. It's not for people whom can't multi-task or know how to add and/or subtract. For example, I trained an employee, whom had just graduated from high school, and she was just horrible at the tasks of opening/closing register and counting the safe. She didn't have the basics of math, had to use calculator constantly for everything(i.e. subtracting $8.50 from $10), and couldn't comprehend simple instructions. Even if the instructions were written down. If you're lazy and can't take the initiative, look else where for a job. This job requires you to clean the station, which includes the outside, emptying trash cans, wiping down the pumps, and picking up trash around the perimeter of the station. That's between waiting on customers. Also not counting all that's required for you to do inside the store.

Pros

Never a boring day...unless it's a Sunday morning.

Cons

Sometime things can get monotonous.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Extremely stressful

I worked over 100 hours per week and I did this seven days a week. The employees would not come to work and they called in a lot. Therefore I had to work and cover their shifts on a regular basis.

Pros

Learned something new on a daily

Cons

Working a lot of hours and working shorthanded every week

not good

I've worked for this company off and on for around 8 or9 years now. I've been in management my entire career with other companies snd it used to be a great company to work for but now its really gotten ridiculous, no loyalty to their employees at all and the compensation isn't worth the crazy things they want you to do. the benefits aren't worth mentioning because its just about nonexistent. its just not a good company to work for anymore due to higher ups wanting to increase profit margins.

Pros

Cons

none/ long hours

Fast paced customer oreinted place

Very fast paced. In the course of a day you would interact with many different customers and handle many different transactions. Everything from greeting customers to maintaining the store seemed like it was always an adventure.

Not Recommended

I worked there for a few years right out of high school. it was a very difficult job and hard to keep employees. Turnover was high most of the time due to hours.

Fast paced enjoyable work experience

It was a wonderful job to have while i was attending school. The management was great. I was giving flexible hours due to my schedule attending school.

Would NOT reccomend

Not a place to work no one worked at a team and slightest thing got you chewed out and everyone talks about you beind your back without care as if you are not even there

typical day

Getting to know customers. Shift changes, deposits, and inventory. Ordering merchandise ever week, and putting it away when delivered. Training new employees.

Ok

They are not friendly to the employees and they don't offer advancement in your career nor do they help with benefits or even retirement fund overall was not a good company to work for now they are out of business

very stressful

The store manager stayed locked up in the office, would not help when lines got long and the store was full of people. She was very rude with employees and customers.

management was very unprofessional tic for tack or you had to be a friend of management to get more hours. they store was ran like a buddy system, if you was not like, you got less hours and was not promote by the manager

Pros

buying the manager lunch

Cons

come to work when they got ready, not working their shift.

Working here was very eye opening

The work was great the first time I worked there. When moved back from another state there was new management, I was hired back, and bumped to assistant manager. The new manager at the time, let me go for doing my job. Which is fine because she it turns out she was stealing from the company and I'm glad I was not there to be forced to take the fall for.

Pros

The customers

Cons

the management

A typical day at work,.

There was never a dull moment working there, everyone comes through , some arent familiar with the area , freindly people always smiling and a great place to work

Pros

meeting people

Cons

theres no breaks

temporary

The workplace setting was extremely stressful and gave an uneasy feeling about job security. The district manager would come in and threaten jobs everyday due to something happening at a different store.

Pros

location was close to home

Cons

district manager is disrespectful, working 7 days a week with 10+ hours a day, employee turn over due to district manager

First Management Job

I was a cashier when I started in 1997. I was promoted to assistant and when my manager found another job I ran the store as an assistant for about 3mo. After that I was sent to training, I later got my own store and won a white glove competition two times. I was also promoted to a training store manager before they sold out to Atlas Oil.

very nice

management was great, the people were nice, safest place to work, we had glen willow and Oakwood watching over us 24 hrs, never been robbed, paid holidays.

Pros

holiday pay

Cons

they closed

Fast paced and fun

too bad they closed. It was a great starter job, from cashier to management. Best Job ever! Never bored and met interesting people.Every day was a little different. Management was great, regular raises, and health insurance.

Pros

set schedule with flexability

Cons

closed

Common questions about Clark Oil

Answered by current and former employees at Clark Oil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark Oil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3