Clark University Employee Reviews

Go else where
Assistant Director of The Clark Fund (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2019
They expect lower level positions to do all the work with little pay, job responsibilities are constantly changing, little room for growth or promotion. Marginal raises. Management does what every they want aka works from home, leaves early while other salaries employees do not have the same option.
Pros
free gym
Cons
mirco management, low pay
Volunteer Student Assistant
Student Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 15, 2019
I am currently a student assistant basketball coach at Clark University. With this position, I help facilitate practices and work with the freshmen transition for their first year. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Not for true professionals
IT related (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 21, 2018
If you're IT, this is not the place for you, unless you really love the (lean) higher education culture.

They like to squeeze the duties of 2 or 3 people into one position (to save money). Many end up being stretched to the max, which leads to very slow progress, lower priority items on the back burner, and some falling through the cracks. This also leads to poor management and mentorship & employee deployment that hardly exists.

The culture is reactive. They are behind their peers when investing in IT, and only make those investments when an event blows up in their face and costs them money.

They're still using the old decentralized model for IT & policy management. This means every department has autonomy to do as they see fit, and policy & administrative controls are very relaxed. This makes policy enforcement very difficult and deficient technical controls. This leads to high risk IT practices, and very difficult training management.

The work/life balance, flexibility, and no micromanaging are some of the good things though.
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy
Cons
Management, heathcare, technology, budget, expertise
Good it was excellent
Summer assistant basketball coach (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 24, 2018
Working at Clark University was a wonderful time for me it made noticed that coaching was something that I want to do forever. A built a lot of relationship with the kids and coaches and parents. The most exciting part working at Clark University was helping the kids confidence raise to the next level.
Good
Cons
Fair
Classic lifeguarding experience
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 20, 2018
This position is just a regular lifeguarding experience, with responsibilities of making sure everyone is safe in the pool. Schedules are flexible and pool is nice.
Caferteria Manager
Custodial Supervisor/Caferteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Very enjoying place of business loving when school are out in the summertime love my kids in the school were ever placed and serve over 500 kids oer day
Pros
freeblunch
Cons
breaks
Helpful experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 10, 2018
Clark University was as a pleasure to work at. I spent one year as a research assistant, and two as a teaching assistant, and I had many opportunities to interact with the students, faculty, staff, and administration. There is a good sense of camaraderie at Clark.
Small University with a Close Community
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 5, 2018
Clark University was as pleasure to work at. I spent one year as a research assistant, and two as a teaching assistant, and I had many opportunities to interact with the students, faculty, staff and administration. There is a good sense of camaraderie at Clark.
A steep learnig curve but very rewarding
Graduate Student and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 10, 2018
I learnt to manage my time and plan my work as a graduate student and a teaching assistant. There was a lot of reading and I felt the need to not look harrassed when with my fellow students and the professors
Pros
Exciting and rewarding work
Cons
Heavy workload
Great Experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 26, 2018
I had a wonderful time working for this program. The ability to have such exposure was incredible and a life changing experience. I want to thank everyone there!
Gone
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 4, 2018
Sad to say but the IT departmanet at Clark Universitty is no longer in existence.It was a great little community college with friendly teachers and adminstrators
laid back
Electronics Shop Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2018
it was okay.
not bad.
not much to do.
Fun sometimes
got to play with cool tech stuff
Fixed some computers
moved a lot of stuff like a lot of stuff, just ton of heavy
Clark University Graduate Positions
General Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 9, 2018
The job opportunities within Clark for Graduate students are competitive and scarce. It is difficult to receive one regardless of the pay. The advisors and professors managing the students have a wide array of training, expectations, and job requirements of the students. A typical day as a business manager is checking in on employees, planning tasks and updates, meeting with advisors and team for project development, and administrative duties such as emailing outside vendors and internal departments of Clark to ensure operations are completed successfully.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Cons
Lack of Details in Responsibilities/Accountabilities of Employees
I was a work study student
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 2, 2018
Great university with a great culture. I was a fulltime student at Clark. Best years of my life. Progressive and active in the community and the world.
Pros
Top university
Cons
City of Worcester
Great
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Great place to work in. I really appreciate that I have had the opportunity to work here and that I have felt very accepted within the work place. I would recommend it.
Student and Fellowship Intern at Clark University
Student (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2018
I obtained two Fellowship Grants for two GIS research projects from Clark U. for a moderate stipend. That was great for me, but I am looking to continue my studies and experience in GIS beginning this summer.
Worked there part time as a student, it was what you'd expect
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Laid back, but never boring and occasionally chaotic. The management was amazing and super helpful and responsive whenever I needed assistance. It was a school job, so part time and competitive when it came to taking hours. Made minimum wage. Exactly what you'd probably expect for a part-time student job.
"Ancienne France - Nouvelle Angleterre"
French Teaching Assistant (assistant de Français) (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Massachussets - U.S.A.November 23, 2017
Excellent pour apprendre l'Anglais "Mid-Atlantic" dans un état américain "fondateur" des États-Unis d'Amérique avec l'aide de Lafayette et Montcalm mais quand même baptisé "Nouvelle Angleterre".
Très formateur au niveau des différences culturelles d'avec la France Métropolitaine et d'autres pays d’Europe, dont l'Allemagne ou l'Italie par exemple.
vraiment indispensable pour bien comprendre le monde académique américain mais également celui des "petits boulots" et d'une "débrouille" somme toute internationale.
"Yes we can" contre "impossible n'est pas français"
Pros
compréhension et prise de conscience des différents schéma de pensées respectives
Cons
Contrôle des changes
Clark University provides all the support to its employee
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 23, 2017
The work culture at Clark University is very attractive and supportive. I learned how to implement my college knowledge to this job. I work around 20 hours a week.
No advancement opportunities
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 18, 2017
Tough environment to work in with regard to operating as a large team toward common goals. In fairness, things may have changed since I was employed there.
Pros
Educational benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clark University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Clark University Reviews by Location