Clark and Daughtrey Medical Group Employee Reviews

working with patients and providers
Patient Accounts/Prior Benefits/Business Services (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Enjoyed working one-on-one with the patients and making sure their accounts were correct, and allowing them to set up payment plans. Working closely with the clinical staff
Pros
working with clinical staff
Cons
management
Very exciting place to work
Professional Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2016
There were so many great opportunities there. The staff was friendly and fun to be around. That was like my second home. I really enjoyed working along side the radiologists. I learned a lot of interesting things while I was there.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Never really had any
Do not work in the business office here!
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 16, 2014
This review is regarding the business office only. The job is good but the management is beyond poor. They micro-manage, show favoritism to their "favorites", and are very rude and condescending. If you don't mind being treated like a small child and have a rude manager then by all means, apply. The pay is horrible and they will not give raises. Annual raises are 2% if you are lucky.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pay, raises, management
Fun place to work at besides the people in management becuase they can be unfair
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL PabloMay 14, 2014
Former Medical Assistant that did the scheduling for 4 providers.
Clark & Daughtrey
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 27, 2013
On a typical day I would help prepare exam rooms, get the patient ready for the doctor, exam assist, check out the patient, and schedule future appointment. I learned here about obstetrics and gynecology. I enjoyed the office that I worked in. My co-workers were close friends by the time I resigned.
I enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to do the insurance part of the job, although I able to call insurance companies and obtain pre-certs and authorizations, it is not the part of my job I enjoy. I enjoy the personable part of the job. I like interacting with the patients who come in for care.
the worst part was that the benefits offered were expensive to the point of taking up most of my paycheck every time. Unfortunately the insurance was expensive, the retirement was pretty good. The management was pretty good, they listened to all complaints and worked through things efficiently.
Pros
Management listens, day shift hours, benefits offered
Cons
benefits are expensive, high turn-over rate due to payrates.
Awesome place to work
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 4, 2013
We have great management team
Everyone in our dept works well together
Pros
Jean day
Never a dull moment and a great learning expierence
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 7, 2013
As being a M.A float I arrived before my scheduled time to get the orders of which department I would be sent on that day. I have experience in Primary Care, Surgery, Orthopedics, Ears, Nose and Throat, OBGYN, Draw station, Rheumatology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Cardio. With being sent to these offices the ability to adapt to the providers needs and wants was a must. Patient care is my main goal as working in the medical field. Providing the care for these patients needs and having a great attitude is what I strive for. My responsibilities as a M.A are following direct orders, maintaining the laws of OSHA and HIPPA. I’m proficient in paperless record keeping with the use of laptops, as well as scheduling appointments for follow up, labs, Xray and other needed procedures inside or outside the office. Other responsibilities include answering phone calls and e prescribing medications, working up the patients and cleaning the rooms after each patients’ departure using the provided cleaning supplies. Most providers will request me to open their notes for them entering the information given from the patients such as chief complaint, review of systems, HEDIS, Primary Care providers ect. Autoclaving, disaffecting instruments and stocking rooms with the appropriate needed items and devices at the end of each day keeps the office prepared for the following day. Working in an organized and clean environment with a great attitude is the key to a well maintained office
Pros
helping others, learning new things, different departments, drug reps, never being board
Cons
paitent complaints, technology when it failed
Great place to work. I enjoyed floating to support others
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 14, 2012
I would get daily assignments on where to report for work, not knowing what provider or specialty I would be supporting till that morning. I enjoyed working for different specialties and utilizing my skills. Management was one of the best I had ever worked for. The company would provide continuing education seminars during working hours rather than after hours taking from family time.
Pros
management, cme seminars
Cons
compensation
None.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FioridaNovember 5, 2012
Overall poor. Management was chosen according to how they would comply. I have never seen people "flip" so quickly! Co-workers were the best. The hardest part of the job was just trying to do what your were hired to do with what little you were given. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for the day.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
they called us in, made up bogus claims about our work and let us go.