CLARK Employee Reviews

good
Trouble Shooter/ Accountable (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2018
Clark is a good company i have nothing against them i just need to improve my self with more Engineering job in a better area so i can be happy about my self
Was a good place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 4, 2018
It was my first job when I relocated to VA. I'm very thankful to the owners and the staff. We had a few kinks... But what job doesn't... But overall was a good place to work.
Make sure you are in the Union
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2017
Clark is a good company to work for if you are in the union. If you are not, you don't have any chance of moving up or out of your current position. Starting off as a Laborer, you do a good job and they don't want to move you anywhere else. They don't want to give you recommendations unless you are shining their shoes or giving them a pat on the back and they do show a lot of favoritism. There are a few good people on the management team that are fair and will work for you if you put in the work for them, but it's all political. Who you know is what makes this ship go sailing.
Pros
Consistent work (usually)
Cons
Political atmosphere, cut throat employees, favoritism
Fast paced environment
Assembly technician lead person for all small (Former Employee) –  statesville, NCNovember 9, 2017
Will be glad to discuss at interview, but i absolutely enjoyed every minute of it, especially the people I worked, which totaled over 450 associates. I still miss all of them every day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Plant closed
Summer Internship
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 12, 2017
I worked there from a summer program when i was in highSchool.
You worked as a regular employee, facing the products and customer service. Also, I worked in the photo department where you take the customer pictures and print them out.
Relaxed, fast at times, fun and some days sad.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, PANovember 15, 2017
My job overall was great. Just some things that need to be worked on with Management. Clients was funny, but the hardest was losing them. Stay Positve
Cons
Short Lunches.
Fast paced but runs smoothly
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYSeptember 16, 2017
Supervisors are fantastic for the most part. Hours are great. With paid holidays after the 60 day probationary period. And you receive 10 days vacation time after the 60 day probationary period also.
Inadequate training and support
Technical Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Middletown, PAOctober 27, 2016
Typical day is performing help desk duties in a distribution environment. Did not receive proper training. Had to learn after required task was assigned. Inadequate introduction to company processes and procedures (infrastructure)

Management unavailable due to personal problems without backup for questions and tasks.

Different responsibilities kept co-workers separate from each other with little interaction.

Hardest part of the job was working in an environment with no support from lower AND upper management. Management didn't appreciate the technology department.

Loved my boss.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
Life as a legal assistant
Legal/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Assisting all office personnel as a floater; reception duties to include multi line phones, receiving faxes, emails, scheduling, greeting guests; legal assistant duties include sending, receiving and logging client’s confidential medical records, receiving and prepping client’s confidential settlement packets for attorney approvals, scanning confidential packets for final issued payments, creating, updating and filing client’s confidential expense documents, running postage for USPS/FEDEX, assembling binders, prep for trials.
Legal Assistant / Office manager
Legal Assistant, Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Assist attorney in they day to day activities, prepare pleadings, prepare real estate documents, LLC paperwork, probate wills; prepare wills. The attorneys I wok for always treated me like family which I appreciated. The attorneys always explained things to me so that i would understand what was happening in the case

I kept the office functioning for the other day to day activities that were not legal.
Pros
2 wk paid vacation, 2 wks paid sick time after I'd been there some time
Cons
He was a wonderful man to work for and I appreciated his willingness to take me in and give me work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2013
He was always there to give me leadership and guidance, he inspired his workers with his own hard work and dedication. He worked along side us and made us feel a like part of a family unit. I loved making things that people really wanted. I loved working with people that were there for the same reason that I was, we loved creating objects for people to love and buy. The hardest part of the job was that there were cuts on money and I had no choice but to leave.
Pros
fun environment, nice people
Cons
low payment
Fun and Professional Working Place
Assistant McMullyand Clark (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 11, 2013
This job was great for my schedule. A typical day was walking into the office and assisting anyone who needed help. It could be shipment orders, fedex orders, stamping, filing, typing etc. I learned how to ship orders and also how to take inventory.The management was very professional and treated everyone with respect. The coworkers were also professional and would treat you like family. The hardest part of the job was making sure shipment orders were precise. The best part of the job was working with the coworkers because they were so friendly.
Pros
walk breaks and lunch breaks, free treats
Caring law office, which allowed me to learn many things regarding accounting and disability law
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2014
I began at entry level and eventually moved to the position of accounting specialist. This involved various duties such as general ledgers, reconciling corporate credit card statements, handling deposits, A/P & A/R, cutting checks, etc.
I grew a lot and welcomed the challenge I was presented. I feel that I am able to apply these various skills proficiently in any given environment.
Productive and Fun workplace with positive hardworking people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2015
A typical day at work for me is arriving 15 mins early Monday-Friday. Opening doors, stocking break room, ordering any supplies needed, distributing mail, uploading documents into Constructware, making copies, and greeting sub contractors, clients, and guest that enter the office.
Pros
Free Lunches, Training for advancements, and fun people to work with
Industrious and hardworking students and employees
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2013
Clark Atlanta University Provided a conducive learning environment and up-to-date technological equipment to support learning. There is a cordial relationship among employees and the student body is dedicated to working hard. Mutual respect among Clark family fostered even outside of campus
Pros
Organized, Dedicated, And flexible
Cons
Expensive tuition
Clark
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 25, 2013
THE WORK DAY! 4:45 am up 6:00 am clock in to clark ! prep and cook 160 Breakfast by 7:20. 8:00 work on lunch for 800 children. 10:00 second team comes on.we all work very well together.Our Management is always open to us! I like cooking and working with people the hard part of the job is i am off 4months of the year.I Have Learned with this to work well with other [TEAM WORK]
Pros
free lunch
Cons
off 4 months of the year.
Fast Paced and Sociable
Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WINovember 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be handling money and helping customers pay for their gas. When a customer is not in the station, we are dusting or doing other duties.
I have learned how to interact with people. No matter how crabby the customer, you should always treat them with respect. I have also learned about how to handle money.
When working at the gas station, you work alone, but there is some interaction between co-workers when switching shifts. We tell the next person what needs to be done that wasnt done in the first shift.
The hardest part of the job would have to be not knowing an answer to a question that a customer asks. Whether it be about the gas, the car wash, or the pumps.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the relationships you build with regular customers.
Pros
employee charges
Cons
no benefits
Know your store
Retail (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 25, 2017
Some of the management are backstabbers who will not acknowledge seniority and will not talk up for raises while adding more to the workload,talks about upper management to the lowest terms.
Pros
Faithful customers
Cons
Underhand management
Wonderful work atmosphere.
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
This was probably the best company I've worked for. Management and Attorneys were great to working with/for. This was a very busy and fast paced position and I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with this company. Unfortunately after having health issues due to a pregnancy, I was forced to relocate back to Orange, Texas closer to family.
satisfied
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89121October 25, 2017
Pretty great place to work for. Never had a hard time working there from anyone. Worked there for three years and glad I gained more experience in the field.