ClarkDietrich Building Systems Employee Reviews

ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
i worked there for 2 years and it didnt provide me room for advancement so i wanted to find a better job that would allow me to advance my career to provide a better life for my family.
Good workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Good coworkers, management, and balanced life. Allows for a relaxed day. As busy as you want to be. Tons of perks including company paying for training, certificate and test courses, and loads of lunches and food available.
October 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! ClarkDietrich has a strong commitment to providing employees with the tools and training they need to be successful in their jobs. We offer our employees tuition reimbursement and professional certification reimbursement.

Company
Accounts Payable Manager/Freight Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day is busy from the time I get in until I leave. The workload is heavy which makes it impossible to attain some goals that would help me advance within the company.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible working hours/ time off, HR would have fun activities
Cons
No potential for advancement.
October 19, 2018

As a company, we make a continuous effort to ensure employees have access to development opportunities to help advance their careers. We are always looking for ways to improve upon that effort. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Company needs to be more assertive
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 18, 2018
My work location, had to many ways for distributors making money and our company loosing money. Company will put a plan in place that will only benefit our customers, but our facility will loose money. Management does not have enough say in here on facility. Needed a sales person on island to deal with the day to day customer request, everything must go to the mainland first to get approvals.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
business strategies
Operations
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 15, 2018
Oversee all production & Traffic for the facility also dealing with Difficult employees. Creating a safe working place for the employees. Safety is my number one goal. Keeping a positive atmosphere out in the plant among all team members.
Awesome Culture!
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
ClarkDietrich is a wonderful place to build a long-term career. In my 10+ years of work, I continue to learn daily and appreciate that ClarkDietrich provides ongoing learning opportunities to enhance my career (training, travel, committees, etc.).
Pros
People
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 3, 2018
I am working for past thirteen years. lunch and learn programs. 401K match and competitive salary. Easy to work with lot of in house computer programs. Nice computers and good work offices.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some times work is excessive
Great Place to Work
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, OhioMay 2, 2018
Clark Dietrich has a World Class Facility in Vienna. This is a Great Company to work for. They treat all of their employees very well and the benefits are fantastic.
After being around the area, I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 27, 2018
First off this is from the warren plant, not the plant that moved to Vienna. They have a union which is good and bad. I never worked in a union shop before and a lot of people have good things to say. Yes it is work and not every single day is it the best times of my life. The management just changed and everyone has nothing but good things to say about the plant manager. They will explain overtime and tell you why and how long it will occur to the best of their knowledge. Somethings go unsaid until they happen not because of secrecy but because they aren’t entirely sure sometimes. For example, new equipment. Definitely a good place to work, a lot of people have been here for 20+ years and if that isn’t proof enough just ask the new hires what they think. Of course you are not going to get along with every personality but work is what you make it. I love my job and my bosses, there is room for advancement and they will help you anyway possible. If you don’t have to right tools or find a better way to do something, say it. They won’t take it as their own idea or shut it down because “they” didn’t think of it. Decent pay for the area and for the work load.
Pros
Work life balance, communication, tell you what’s expected upfront
Cons
Seniority based with a lot of 20+ years, medical is a bit high but it is everywhere
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you love your job. At ClarkDietrich, we have an open-door policy where employee’s feedback is always welcome.

First starts off good but after 3 week they lie you and that aint right especially from the bosses and head boss
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMarch 17, 2018
Not a good company i can have 4 people that work there tell you so please if you dont believe me go work for them and ask any employee there you will get the same response
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management no room to grow
Avoid this place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 16, 2018
Terrible company. People there are lazy and incompetent. They switch up so many things that were originally planned upon being hired. They are a bunch of liars. If you want great money go ahead but you will be miserable.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managers are lazy
Productive fun place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2018
It was a very fast paced job that kept you busy and a very good environment people who worked there where very friendly respectful good learning experience overall good place to work
Pros
Good pay good ot
Cons
Long nights
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working with ClarkDietrich! We strive to provide our employees with a positive work environment. As a company, we have a shared belief in integrity, teamwork and a commitment to innovation. We take great pride in our culture, the foundation of which is our Vision and Values.

Good pay poor managment
Packager (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CADecember 18, 2017
Working here is good bad a lot more bad u go to a different shift they say you can go back to the shift you were on but not true they keep you stuck there pay is excellent but management is not good leads allow some of the employees to do get away with a lot the people who work hard they make work harder the people who are lazy and been there for a while gets away with just being lazy no advancement unless u r good with the leads no one helps each other and lines get backed up operators don't help for nothing and just laugh and go talk to other operators I've been here for a year and I don't recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management advancement barely raises tierd wage program sucks
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating an environment where each employee feels encouraged and has an equal opportunity to succeed. While we are disappointed to hear about your experience with the management team at your location, we can assure you that we are continuously working with our managers to improve leadership skills and to create an environment where everyone feels welcome.

Terrible Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 14, 2017
Terrible place to work nothing but favoritism throughout the company! The senior employees are the laziest ones and the hard workers get treated like unfairly,ridiculous hours,no room for advancement! The worst place i've ever worked by far!
Dont practice what they preach.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 13, 2017
Their motto is a balance life which is the one thing you dont get. Favouritism runs high in the company and there's no room for growth. Overtime is mandatory which includes Saturdays.
Pros
The pay is fair
Cons
Not a job for a family person
No communication and management hard to work for
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Not for anyone with any kind of life. Do not care about anything but money. Will tell one thing in interview and after about a month, completely different. Management talks one thing and does another
Cons
One ten minute break and half hour lunch no matter how many hours you work
productive and fun very competitive
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 7, 2017
excellent place to work pay is good hours are good alot of overtime good monthly bonuses can be very fast paced and stressful at times but overall good place to work
Finance and Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 11, 2017
Everybody is willing to lend a helping hand
Management is very approachable
Excellent work/life balance
Excellent benefits
Company organizes employee appreciation events periodically
Not for a family man
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 29, 2017
This place has no work life balance at all. You have to work mandatory 10-12 hors daily and if the work isn't finished in that time your forced to stay until it is, no matter what time either. You're forced to work saturdays as well in most cases. Place is very hot in summer and cold in winter. Lots of favoritism here and raises are based on some bogus credit system. If you dont have a life or family then this is the perfect place for you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Can't enjoy the money you make.
Great company but overall, GREAT team in Rochelle
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Can't say enough good things about the local team in Rochelle. Great staff and great hourly group. Best team u ever had the privilege to work with! Fun and caring culture!
Pros
Bonus, Paid time off & Culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ClarkDietrich Building Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about