ClarkDietrich Building Systems Employee Reviews

Productive place to work with awesome coworkers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIFebruary 15, 2019
Great learning experience working with many different machinery. The staff worked well together. Everyone always helped out each other even though they had their own work schedule to keep.
Pros
Paid lunch, awesome working hours
Cons
Plant closed
Company does not care for its people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 6, 2019
It's not a hard job, but it is both repetitive and fast paced. If you're not someone that likes to be on their feet keeping busy don't even bother. You'll start with packaging the steel with wood and you'll package for months before beginning any other process like running a mill or operating a forklift. There is no A/C and the heating system is terrible.So in the summer you're sweating like a pig, in the winter you're cold. This job will test your limits. It's enough over time to make a person sick and you cannot say no because it's mandatory. Many people come and go from here. It's a revolving door. They say they pride themselves upon work-life balance. I can tell you first and foremost that is not true. Their idea of "balance" is 12 hours at work, and 12 hours away. They pride themselves on safety. But if you're sick, you have to come to work. How is it safe for someone who is legitimately sick to operate any machinery? How is it safe for someone who is exhausted from their insane work hours to operate heavy machinery? If the snow is coming down outside? They'll tell you to stay there or drive there and risk your own well-being "or else you'll get an attendance point." It's an unforgiving system and it isn't for those with family. If you have a family, just runaway and don't get attracted to the hourly wage because taxes just eat it up anyways. Second shift here is the absolute worst shift. You come in at 3:30pm and you never know what you're walking into. You could have so much work that even with the mandatory over time of 9-10 hours? You may still find yourself there  more... past that until 3:00-4:00 in the morning. Second shift employees have walked into first shift employees leaving to go home, and first shift employees coming BACK because they were so overloaded with work and understaffed. Then of course you have to come right back to work just hours later. You might as well have a campsite out back. There is favoritism, and they do not train adequately or appropriately. Many supervisors talk down to their employees and treat them with disrespect that isn't warranted. Management needs one large overhaul. It wouldn't be a bad place to work if they treated their employees like human beings. They don't though, they treat people like they're walking talking robots. Regardless of what is going on in your home-life, or how legitimate something is? They will not help you adjust your schedule accordingly. They simply don't care. Everything goes by a 'waitlist.' There are people who've waited on that list for 3 years and they still are not being moved to first shift. They lie to you to get you through the door because they need bodies. The fact that they pride themselves in work life balance is actually insulting. If you love to work and you are a single person without a family you will probably be ok. If you are a father or mother with a family? Just walk away while you can.  less
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, company does not care about you or your life
Discriminative towards women
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 28, 2018
very unprofessional job . Alot of drama with management and the workers as well as with each other. They held women back from progressing in positions.
A safe, fun, productive place to work.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILDecember 23, 2018
Great place to work. Chances for advancement. The average hourly worker makes $35-40k a year. The management staff clearly appreciates their work force. Safety lunches, bonuses and load trucks inside. WE ARE HIRING!!!!
Pros
Great management staff.
ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2018
i worked there for 2 years and it didnt provide me room for advancement so i wanted to find a better job that would allow me to advance my career to provide a better life for my family.
Fast Paced
Traffic / Material Requirement Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HISeptember 24, 2018
The company really believes in Balanced Life. The people were great to work with. Typical work day would be a brief meeting and stretching in the morning then off to your job functions. People are willing to help out when work is backed up.
October 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working with ClarkDietrich! The importance of balancing our lives around work, family, and community is integral to our culture. We think it’s so important that it’s a part of our values.

Good workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Good coworkers, management, and balanced life. Allows for a relaxed day. As busy as you want to be. Tons of perks including company paying for training, certificate and test courses, and loads of lunches and food available.
October 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! ClarkDietrich has a strong commitment to providing employees with the tools and training they need to be successful in their jobs. We offer our employees tuition reimbursement and professional certification reimbursement.

Company
Accounts Payable Manager/Freight Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day is busy from the time I get in until I leave. The workload is heavy which makes it impossible to attain some goals that would help me advance within the company.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible working hours/ time off, HR would have fun activities
Cons
No potential for advancement.
October 19, 2018

As a company, we make a continuous effort to ensure employees have access to development opportunities to help advance their careers. We are always looking for ways to improve upon that effort. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Company needs to be more assertive
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 18, 2018
My work location, had to many ways for distributors making money and our company loosing money. Company will put a plan in place that will only benefit our customers, but our facility will loose money. Management does not have enough say in here on facility. Needed a sales person on island to deal with the day to day customer request, everything must go to the mainland first to get approvals.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
business strategies
Operations
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 15, 2018
Oversee all production & Traffic for the facility also dealing with Difficult employees. Creating a safe working place for the employees. Safety is my number one goal. Keeping a positive atmosphere out in the plant among all team members.
Awesome Culture!
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
ClarkDietrich is a wonderful place to build a long-term career. In my 10+ years of work, I continue to learn daily and appreciate that ClarkDietrich provides ongoing learning opportunities to enhance my career (training, travel, committees, etc.).
Pros
People
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 3, 2018
I am working for past thirteen years. lunch and learn programs. 401K match and competitive salary. Easy to work with lot of in house computer programs. Nice computers and good work offices.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some times work is excessive
Great Place to Work
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vienna, OhioMay 2, 2018
Clark Dietrich has a World Class Facility in Vienna. This is a Great Company to work for. They treat all of their employees very well and the benefits are fantastic.
After being around the area, I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 27, 2018
First off this is from the warren plant, not the plant that moved to Vienna. They have a union which is good and bad. I never worked in a union shop before and a lot of people have good things to say. Yes it is work and not every single day is it the best times of my life. The management just changed and everyone has nothing but good things to say about the plant manager. They will explain overtime and tell you why and how long it will occur to the best of their knowledge. Somethings go unsaid until they happen not because of secrecy but because they aren’t entirely sure sometimes. For example, new equipment. Definitely a good place to work, a lot of people have been here for 20+ years and if that isn’t proof enough just ask the new hires what they think. Of course you are not going to get along with every personality but work is what you make it. I love my job and my bosses, there is room for advancement and they will help you anyway possible. If you don’t have to right tools or find a better way to do something, say it. They won’t take it as their own idea or shut it down because “they” didn’t think of it. Decent pay for the area and for the work load.
Pros
Work life balance, communication, tell you what’s expected upfront
Cons
Seniority based with a lot of 20+ years, medical is a bit high but it is everywhere
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you love your job. At ClarkDietrich, we have an open-door policy where employee’s feedback is always welcome.

First starts off good but after 3 week they lie you and that aint right especially from the bosses and head boss
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMarch 17, 2018
Not a good company i can have 4 people that work there tell you so please if you dont believe me go work for them and ask any employee there you will get the same response
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management no room to grow
Avoid this place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 16, 2018
Terrible company. People there are lazy and incompetent. They switch up so many things that were originally planned upon being hired. They are a bunch of liars. If you want great money go ahead but you will be miserable.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managers are lazy
Productive fun place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2018
It was a very fast paced job that kept you busy and a very good environment people who worked there where very friendly respectful good learning experience overall good place to work
Pros
Good pay good ot
Cons
Long nights
June 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working with ClarkDietrich! We strive to provide our employees with a positive work environment. As a company, we have a shared belief in integrity, teamwork and a commitment to innovation. We take great pride in our culture, the foundation of which is our Vision and Values.

Good pay poor managment
Packager (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CADecember 18, 2017
Working here is good bad a lot more bad u go to a different shift they say you can go back to the shift you were on but not true they keep you stuck there pay is excellent but management is not good leads allow some of the employees to do get away with a lot the people who work hard they make work harder the people who are lazy and been there for a while gets away with just being lazy no advancement unless u r good with the leads no one helps each other and lines get backed up operators don't help for nothing and just laugh and go talk to other operators I've been here for a year and I don't recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management advancement barely raises tierd wage program sucks
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating an environment where each employee feels encouraged and has an equal opportunity to succeed. While we are disappointed to hear about your experience with the management team at your location, we can assure you that we are continuously working with our managers to improve leadership skills and to create an environment where everyone feels welcome.

Terrible Company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 14, 2017
Terrible place to work nothing but favoritism throughout the company! The senior employees are the laziest ones and the hard workers get treated like unfairly,ridiculous hours,no room for advancement! The worst place i've ever worked by far!
Dont practice what they preach.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 13, 2017
Their motto is a balance life which is the one thing you dont get. Favouritism runs high in the company and there's no room for growth. Overtime is mandatory which includes Saturdays.
Pros
The pay is fair
Cons
Not a job for a family person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ClarkDietrich Building Systems. Our community is ready to answer.