Clarkson Eyecare Employee Reviews

Good
District Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2019
Clarkson is a Great company to work for. You will gain skills and if you work hard it will be recognized. Work life balance is extremely important. Job security as well
Not recommended
Optician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2019
This place (in Cincinnati) operates via fear and intimidation.
If the female management clique doesnt like you personally, they will make certain that you have a very bad experience, regardless of performance, abilities, or qualifications. VERY unprofessional.
Pros
Most coworkers are good people
Cons
Poor Management
Great Place
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Navarre, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I would highly reccommend working at clarkson eyecare. management and the job overall is great. Everyone is able to work as a team and individually without complication.
Pros
decent pay, good hours, benefits
Company that I worked for was bought by Ecp
Sales Stylist (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 17, 2019
We were bought out .As a part time employee with a mass amount of experience,none of that was taken in consideration. I lost all benefits, I was told that I couldn't put my own money in a health savings plan unless I worked full time. Lost seniority, holidays that fall on your regular day off are not paid nor extra day given. Zero holiday or vacation pay for pt employee.. Company withheld information on incentive pay for sales department employees. All employees were told that they were secure in the company. Without advanced notice, started letting departments go without repositioning employees to other positions as originally promised. Ecp withholds information that effect staff. Employees not allowed to smoke in the public parking lot in the employees personal vehicle. In all not a good place to work. Constant state of uncertainty. Ecp management does not care if you are a good employee doing a good job, they make sure you know you can be replaced.
Pros
None.
Cons
Cost of insurance, benefits, untrustworthy, greed, unwilling to provide information
N/a
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Refund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJanuary 10, 2019
I honestly didn’t have a good experience here. Management is horrible and things literally change drastically every single day. Nothing is in place not even a handbook
Official response from Clarkson Eyecare
January 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and help us improve as an employer. We will share this feedback with our internal teams to take address opportunities right away.

I am sorry to find out you never had a chance to review our Employee Handbook. We provide a handbook at the time of hire to each new employee, have it on our Intranet for employee review as well as send out an email every year when we make updates so employees can review. If you need a copy, your HR Representative would be happy to provide as well as discuss any other concerns.

Local Company with some perks
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MONovember 15, 2018
I do not wish to comment. Local company with some perks. Locations are good but would not recommend this company to anyone due to the lack of pay and lack of support.
Awesome company, great people!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, MONovember 5, 2018
Clarkson Eyecare is a patient-focused atmosphere, which is vastly different compared to most optometry practices. The first priority of any employee is to care for the patient's health, not how much they spend in the office. Sales are important but patient health is #1.

The company structure makes it very easy to move up and around into various departments. There is something for everyone! Within my first year and a half, I went from Retail Optical Sales to Office Manager. If you work hard and learn fast, you will be noticed by upper management and move up quickly.

The benefits are fantastic. In addition to your standard health/dental/vision/401k, there are amazing discounts on eye exams and glasses for yourself and your family.

I highly recommend applying here if you are highly motivated, like helping people, and are looking for a company where you can move up and around. I’ve had nothing but great experiences at Clarkson Eyecare and I hope to continue with this company as long as possible!
Pros
Benefits, discounts, people
Always Work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOOctober 25, 2018
There is always plenty of work to do, never caught up. Flexible hours as needed. Low pay to start but can bump you up very fast if you show that you care.
If your wanting to be littled and walked over then work here.
Dr Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint joseph MOSeptember 26, 2018
This place is a joke. Your tild things and never see them. The DM AM and office can't do their jobs. Everyone always beats around the bush . you can never get a straight answer about anything. You lose your last check and if you have a vision perks card your last day its deactivate. This whole company is a JOKE.
Fast-Paced and Competitive Environment
Optician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOSeptember 21, 2018
There was a lot to learn from products, to insurance, to testing, scheduling, and etc. Things are constantly changing with no trial periods. Some of the procedural protocol is redundant.
Don't Bother
Pre-Tester (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOSeptember 21, 2018
They lure you in with the idea that you can move up in the company and that their "multiple" openings are because of people who have. No. To be honest, they're probably all fired or left because of how they're treated. Even though my performance was above standard for training and I got numbers better than people who had been at the company, for years... I wasn't worth it to keep.

Honestly, I had given the place a shot after many told me stories and I personally don't like the company. I have friends who work there and they have been laying off people who have been at the company for years. However, I liked it. I excelled and I believed that I was an asset to the team because I was willing to stay late, change my schedule and do what I could to help/learn. I had picked up on the job details quicker than most.

I wasn't even trained properly.

Yet, I was sorely mistaken and apparently my performance meant nothing when it came to life issues getting in my way.

The company is heartless and would rather kick you while your down, than be human. They can go to bed thinking they are decent people, but I hope they're aware that it's sorely not the case.

Don't even bother applying. They're another company that could care less. You're expendable. Nothing. Take your talents to a company that deserves it, there's a reason their customer service sucks and why they're hurting for employees.
Pros
Some co-workers, pay, bonuses
Cons
The company, hr, training
Horrible management! unfair pay, lots of hours
Clarkson lab (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOAugust 14, 2018
If the pay, had been work based, instead of time based, maybe it would have been better. But doing so much work, and people who do less work, have been there less then I was, and get paid almost double what I do, Is unfair. Management was horrible, over worked like crazy, Don't recommend at all!
Would Definitely Recommend
Optician (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOAugust 3, 2018
Everyone is there to get their job done and enjoy the day, there are times when multiple patients come in at once making things hectic but other than that the environment is very relaxed. This also depends on the location you work at, you will most likely be asked to go to other stores for help if someone calls in sick.
Pros
Truly great environment
Cons
30 min lunch break
Poorly managed since turning into Eyecare Partners
Optician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 1, 2018
Very fast paced, lack of employees makes it hard to take lunches for your full 30 minutes, most of the time it's less. Have to stay over your scheduled time more times than not, benefits are not very good.
Pros
commission
Cons
short lunches, work overtime a lot including Saturdays, not very good pay raise
Cares very little about its employees
Optician (Former Employee) –  MissouriJuly 23, 2018
Clarkson regularly puts its employees in unsafe conditions with little regard for the employee. The company provides annual raises that typically amount to less than the cost of a fast food meal per week. There is a great deal of favoritism amongst every level of management.
Stressful environment
Billing Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOJuly 16, 2018
I was there two months and did not get the training the some of the other new girls received. When I was there three people left and three to four people were hired. I think this is a training issue with management. It was very difficult system to work with as it was homegrown, so they were still working out the kinks. It was a not easy to navigate with what they had started.
Pros
They were easy to work with if you needed to leave early.
Cons
training issues, management did not have enough time with all the people they were hiring at once.
Management not interested in advancing you, judgemental
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJuly 15, 2018
The two week training period was much like a very fast paced class - within the first few days your learning skills are put to the test and they will send home anyone who doesn’t make the cut, but it was reasonable for us who are computer savvy and quick learners, and the instructors were decent enough.

Once I finished training, I was told I was coachable. However once I got on the floor into the call center building, the quality of interaction and communication with supervisors became very erratic. They will often sit next to you and micromanage/listen in on your calls. While I got great feedback from some supervisors, one of the higher supervisors critiqued often - some constructive feedback, but I was also critiqued for “mistakes” made while literally following the advice/training of another supervisor, or the occasional rare software error! I felt I was discriminated against by a certain supervisor because I didn’t “fit in” to the chatty office culture. I’m not a loud extrovert but I’m very good natured, intelligent, loved helping the customers and followed the protocol very well. I was sweet natured and I received good feedback from customers. I literally had a supervisor listening in as a customer raved about how helpful and nice I was, and what an asset I was to Clarkson.

Without any warning, any kind of meeting beforehand, after a month of very dedicated training and time on the floor, I received a call very late at night after the work day from the hiring agency who connected me that they received a call from someone at Clarkson that it had been my last day and
  more... that they determined I wasn’t “a good fit”. I suspect “they” were (mostly, at least) a specific supervisor who seemed biased against me (that I was an introvert off the phones, that it was my “fault” for doing things like booking an appointment an office wasn’t happy with, under another supervisor’s advice!)

I felt like it was ridiculous how management handled things on the floor. I felt it was ridiculous that I was tossed aside like a disposable commodity because I apparently didn’t perfectly fit someone’s standards when I had been on the floor for only two weeks. Was I perfect, no, but I was learning and did my job well and as I was trained 99% of the time. What’s the point of being told you are “coachable” if you are literally fresh out of training class, getting experience on the floor, and the process is interrupted without any explanation? They didn’t even have the decency to call me themselves or explain their decision. I was gaining confidence in this job and it got ripped away. Makes me sad. Total disrespect.
Pros
Training class instructors were nice
Cons
Management/supervisors in call center don’t care about investing in you, contradictory training/advice, will not respect employees enough to work through anything
Relaxed atmosphere
Collections Representative III (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2018
Clarkson Eyecare is typically a great place to work but some of the management style needs to be revisited. The director is a very approachable person who takes time out to listen to any concerns. I enjoy learning new things as well as my relationship with my co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare
Not Managed Well
Call Center Trainee (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJune 2, 2018
Last fall 5 of 7 trainees were dismissed after only 2 days of training and I got treated the same way.

Training is disorganized, especially for someone who has had no experience in this industry; a lot of screens to memorize. Call center procedure for answering inbound calls has a certain hierarchy to it that the trainer doesn't follow, taking class back and forth between one screen and another.

While I've had previous experience with customer service positions, this was new to me.

Was promised 3 weeks of training and 3 weeks of development, let go after a couple of days there.
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Cons
Not-Nice Management
Horrible place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOMay 23, 2018
Absolutely no opportunity for advancement. Place is run like a sweat-shop, with unreasonable goals to meet. I would not recommend working at this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarkson Eyecare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8