Class100

Class100 Employee Reviews

United States8 reviews
Good Way to Earn Extra Cash
These classes are being taught to Chinese public schools so the hours and atmosphere are very different than most online teaching jobs in China. The materials are prepared ahead of time so you just need to review the class material and maybe any extras you want the use as props. The tech team is very helpful and active to help with any technical issues between yourself and your class. Sometimes, issues cannot be fixed right away but they do try their best. Payment is monthly through PayPal and is on time.
Pros
materials prepared
Cons
sometimes the schools have poor internet which cannot be fixed
Awful company
When I initially began I went through the interview process at the beginning of summer 2018. I was hired and told I would begin in a few weeks. Every few weeks I would receive an email stating they didn't have enough classes and thanking for patience. I also had a friend going through the same thing with this company.
FINALLY, 3 months after I began. Things went ok although it was a little slow for the first couple of months, however they didn't hold onto their contract. They stated that when providing so much availability you would automatically be paid for so many classes in which I NEVER got.

I got through winter break 2018/2019 and suddenly after that I was never scheduled for more classes nor never heard back from anyone.

I messaged multiple people and no one responded. Be mindful that I was still in contact until June 2019. I go NO written contract or anything.

I would say upper management is VERY awful. My immediate contacts/supervisors were nice and professional during the short time i had to communicate with them but I am very disappointed. I will be pursuing for my pay they owe me.
Caring management
The best part of Class 100 is the caring group of people in the Beijing office. They respond quickly to my questions and care about my family’s needs.
Working here means that we teach in public schools which mans ALL children to have equal access to English lessons, unlike many online companies that market only to those who can afford private lessons. This idea is further validated by formative “ assessments”/ ratings/ evaluations by the classroom teachers on the ground. Evaluations from qualified professionals often involve ESL industry standard practices that would calibrate the standard of instruction— not how to be a Sesame Street puppet that please parents who are unaware of our qualifications or experiences.
Pros
Beijing management, early evening hours, prepared lessons, salary, communication
Cons
No benefits or paid leave
Does not recommend
There was a lack of communication regarding scheduling and salary. When I joined I worked for a few weeks, then failed to get classes, was told I would have to do a demo for a new contract and if I didn't pass, I would be on the old contract. The rate of pay for the old contract was very low. Just a lot of confusion in the company regarding scheduling and classes.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
does not follow through
Highly recommend
I really enjoy teaching with class100. Well-trained staff, strong tech support, and guaranteed pay really makes our family happy. I have referred a lot of my colleagues and they all enjoyed this working environment.

I usually start my day with 4 hours of classes every morning (Beijing Time), and I share my experiences and fun things with all the staff members on Facebook or Skype group. Wentworth Chan always answers our posts within minutes and are truly friendly and professional.

The most enjoyable part of this job is to see the kids participating in my lessons and responding to my questions. So thank you Class100. I really love those kids and hopefully can come and teach for them in real person.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Better than other companies that I worked with
Overall, I think Class100 is more suitable for me personally. Their classes are in the early night in the US, so it does not clash with my personal schedule.
Pros
suitable schedule
The Best Job!
I have been working for Class100 for a few months now and absolutely love it! The job allows me to connect with Chinese students from public schools while using a fun, engaging platform. The staff are always available via Skype and enjoy helping the teachers with lessons, tech issues and etc. Not only can you work in the comfort of your own home but it will brighten your day knowing that you are helping students from all around China. As the semester progresses, your connection with the classes will grow stronger and the bond is indescribable! It is the perfect job that allows me to work from home AND do what I love to do, teaching!
Pros
Work remotely, pajama pants and flexible.
Cons
Nothing!
Great organization
As a work from home employee I was seeking a teach from home organization that would treat me as though I were a valuable member of the team. I found this quality in Class100. Other companies (think big names here) that operate in this realm have many goals and records they are attempting to attain, leaving many contractors feeling as though their only purpose is to recruit other teachers and to earn bonuses; as opposed to doing the job they were hired for. Yuck! I dealt with that constant pressure to recruit..while never being scheduled any classes to teach; I was inundated by daily requests to refer my friends that included dangling carrots promising big bonuses...and it was insulting at best. Bottom line: I wanted to teach, I didn't want to recruit. After experiencing that kind of environment, I was very pleased to discover that the focus of Class100 is that of the teacher. We teach classes to students...we work with teachers and schools...we don't serve as recruiters looking to make bank. It is a growing company, with some expected growing pains...but that is what a 'growing company' is all about, so it's okay. The people that work on the ground are top notch, they care about the teachers, and they work tirelessly to make it all happen. And unlike other companies I have dealt with, they are reachable, available, and caring... I mean, why assign me a contact person or coordinator if they are scheduled off on the days I work? LOL. That kind of shenanigans doesn't happen at Class100. The employees and in-house staff and management here care, and they show it. <3
Pros
positive environment, happy people, room to grow
Cons
can't think of any that are worthy of being coined a 'con'
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Class100?