Classic Auto Group Employee Reviews

Not female friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 15, 2018
Not a good place to advance if you are a woman, 95% of managers are men. If you are in the Sales Managers clique they will feed you deals and make sure that you are successful.

No yearly reviews so you never know what area of your job that you need to work on, they only care about the number of cars sold, how much gross was made, etc.

No matter what happens, HR always sides with the Managers, doesn't matter what the situation is, customers and employees can complain about a Manager but nothing is ever done. They also try not to fire people, they make your work life miserable until you quit.
Stay clear
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 5, 2018
Bunch of jerks and douchebags all the way up to ownership. Shady sales team, would buy car somewhere else if i were you. Worked there, saw it first hand.
Pros
Cons
All of it.
Great Place
SERVICE PORTER/DETAILER (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Working at Classic is always a fun environment, the people can sometimes be great, majority of the times many of the employees themselves make the work hard.
positive. nice location
service porter (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 5, 2017
Classic is a good place to work. fair pay . friendly staff. good location. good hours. repetitive but not boring. fast paced. good location. overall a nice place.
Well paid for the time spent at work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 11, 2017
Long hours and high volume of business, many great people to help you and work environment is clean and professional.
Having 10/11 different car lines in one company did make life easier to help and care for any and all car lines.
Productive place to work
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 27, 2017
Orderd parts for Gm and Honda parts Departments
Returned obsolescence to manufacture
Also haldled all cores to return to manufactures
We had to meat monthly goals
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 14, 2017
This company is a very good company to work for.... It does have long hours depending on store position and title. However they are very accommodating to family. I would recommend
Pros
Pay co workers
Cons
Insurance opt outs
Raised a family
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 5, 2017
I was able to raise my awesome family via this opportunity.
Typical day is very busy and stressful at times.
Management was my best friend and my hardest obstacle.
My coworkers were the best.
One of the toughest parts of the job were procedures.
...and no work life balance, not for me.
Best part of the job was the pay and benefits.
Pros
coworkers, pay
Cons
hours, scrutiny, work life balance.
Balanced Response
Personnel Director (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OhioJuly 8, 2016
We believe a response to some reviews is required.

If is factually untrue we do not offer benefits to women. Firstly, it is unlawful to do so and we do not engage in that practice. Secondly, we have an almost thirty-seven year practice of promoting women into management and senior management positions. Eight-five percent of our management staff has come from within and women have been promoted into, and currently are in, management.

We have no tolerance for harassment of any kind. If the complainant truly was treated as they stated, they never brought it to our attention. Had they, it would have been competently investigated and professionally addressed.

Classic employees are treated very well. Evidence of that is a turnover rate of only 17% and the average time with the company presently is seven years, two months - people who are treated poorly do not remain with such a company and they do not stay very long.

Lastly, Classic is a company that welcomes entry level employees to our industry, provides them with training and support, promotes them and works daily to continue to provide new opportunities for them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this response/review.
Terrible Management/Harassment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHJune 20, 2016
No benefits for women or mental health. Management was horrible, got harassed for doing my job CORRECTLY every day. Eventually some managers and fellow employees would go and make advances on me and customers coming in. Disorganized, was with the company for 2 years and got laid off over a really ridiculous reason. Trust no one. Main campus in Mentor is really nice, everyone up there respected me more than my store in Madison.
Pros
Got me out of the house, Main campus was very respectful
Cons
Healthcare, Management, Coworkers, Environment, Harassment, Gender Bias, No Respect
Poor place to work for
Mechanic/Office/Everything (Former Employee) –  Madison, OHJune 12, 2016
Management does not solve problems they just create more problems for there workers. They (managers) force on work to other employees because it is "below" them. They let others explicitly harass there female workers and do nothing about it. They don't care about there workers and never will, they say they are a small comapny, what "small" company has a private jet center or a baseball park named after them? So unless you like being harassed and treated poorly then work here.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, Management, CoWorkers
professional, motivated, relaxed
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 4, 2015
learned a lot about business and sales. busy work all day. learned time management. hardest part is closing the sale. the pay check is most enjoyable.
People are very nice, willing to teach
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 12, 2015
Management can be a little better but overall people couldnt be more helpful. If you work hard you get noticed and appreciated.
Pros
Great Learning
Cons
Long hrs, not family/work balance well
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHDecember 17, 2012
6 days a week 6:30am to 7:30pm, Good ppl to work with. No time for family at this job.
Pros
working and helping ppl.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Classic Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Classic Auto Group Reviews by Location