Clay County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job Summary
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 28, 2017
Clay County is a wonderful place to work for teachers as it is much less stressful than some of the other surrounding counties. The students are also wonderful at my school.
Great place
Interim Associate Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLSeptember 20, 2017
This is a great hospital to work at. Loved all the people there. Everyone worked as a team. All the management pull together like a family to help each department when in need.
Fast paced with customer service experience a must.
Financial Worker (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Lots of data entry. Have to be ok to work with poverty demographics. I would recommend this job to anyone wishing to gain experience working with people in poverty.
Pros
Nice pay
Good
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Smithville Lake, MOJuly 26, 2017
A very laid back work environment and a majority of employees are very easy to work with. Seasonal employees are paid better than most in the area, depending on the position
Loved it
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithville, MOMay 2, 2017
Managing the crew was easy we would go around for Trash a few times a day. I learned how to manage a crew and having responsibilities The only difficulties was some of the campers and the messes they made and dealing with the weather.
Working with Volunteers
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 3, 2017
Hard work building up Kansas City's less fortunate through field gleanings, food drives, and fundraising events. Coordinating volunteers and assisting in completing time-sensitive tasks is very rewarding.
I am very productive at this job and keep myself busy by answering phones, managing money, organizing paperwork or tending to customers' needs.
Marina Attendant (Current Employee) –  Smithville, MOJune 2, 2016
I love socializing and helping customers with whatever they needs may be. If I ever do not know the answer to anyone's question, I find the answer.
US Navy was great
Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLMay 21, 2016
Spent 22 years in the Navy and for my country. What more can I say. I enjoyed every day of it. I worked for the US government.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Professional, challenging environment with regular pay increases
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 31, 2015
Steady workflow, great coworkers, positive work environment, flexible but regular schedule.
Setup and configure computers, take support calls deploy new equipment.
Steady Income
Voting Precinct Manager (Current Employee) –  West Point, MSFebruary 26, 2015
This is not a job to have when trying to make a living for yourself and family. It is good for a person who has a steady job but looking for something to do for a little extra money every now and again.
Communication and problem solving
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJuly 28, 2013
Duties: Bedpan and Output, Feeding a Dependent Resident, Ambulation with a Gait Belt, Fluid Intake, Safety, Communication, InfectionControl, ResidentRights, DataCollection/Charting
Basic Nursing Skills, Disease Process, Mental Health, Personal Care, Care Impaired, Older Adult Growth and Development, Transfers, Mouth Care, Catheter Care, Bathig, and the basic duties and responsabilities of being a CNA
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Loved the students, the environment and my coworkers
Exceptional Student Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Keystone Heights High SchoolNovember 19, 2012
I began my day at 6:30 in the morning, 1/2 hour before school began. I would bring in the papers I had graded the night before, new worksheets I had made up on the computer at home, and my lesson plan book which was revised almost daily depending on what my students had accomplished the previous day. I went up to the front to get mail and say "Good morning" to those who arrived before me. Back in my room I would make coffee for the teachers and the teacher's aides with whom I worked. The day started when the students arrived. I would challenge them immediately to wake the up for the day, then follow my lesson plans which included verbal and written skills, art and creativity, and reading. (I taught English) I would stay until the day ended going to meetings, conferences and helping students who had had problems with the activities of the day. Many times I would stay late so I would not have to bring as much home with me at night...but there was always some to be taken home. The most enjoyable parts of my job were the faculty, the students and the administration who where always there with help or a kind word. The hardest part of my job was that there were not enough hours in the day to complete the work I needed to complete.
Pros
the administration, faculty and staff were the absolute best i had ever worked with.
Cons
there was not enough hours in the day.
Department Director
Historic Sites Director (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MissouriMay 13, 2012
I had three elected official and a county admin. as my direct employers. It was a crazy time. I did as they instructed. The difficult part was when directions conflicted. There was major construction, HR issues, property, people and an outdoor drama to be managed. The properties were open 7 days a week, all year round.
Pros
the people i met
Cons
no clear direction, and what there was, conlict among those in charge