Clayton County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Work Area Location Is Ok
Youth Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAFebruary 5, 2018
if hours were more or the pay was more or if you get a raise; it probably would be ok to work continuously, but for the pay and less hours not recommended unless you are receiving retirement or have another Job..
Teaching
MATH TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 31, 2018
You have to be dedicated to the children. Must love teaching and the person you want to be that teaches your children. No it is not easy being a teacher but you have to love the job to do the job.
stressful environment
Physics/Physical Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 30, 2018
You have to really love teaching to be in this environment. The work environment is stressful. However, I had great coworkers and principal to make it a little easier.
Pros
pay
Cons
work environment
Great if you enjoy children
Guidance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Enjoyable work day. Management is fair and honest. The hardest part of the job is making sure the children are safe and comfortable. We culture of our workplace is loving, towards our children and each other. It's enjoyable listening to the children fuss about so much school work and testing, but they are a great bunch, they buckle down and do what needs to be done.
Very fun and a great learning experience
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoy substitute teaching because I get the chance to build a rapport with many students as well as staff members. Its a great opportunity and learning experience for since I have a degree in the education field.
Pros
building a rapport with kids
Cons
stressful at times depending on grade level
Very productive area to work in
Elementary Teacher K (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 19, 2018
I work with children in areas K-5 daily. These students include ELL's. I have gained valuable workshop experience given by the county on a regular basis. My principal is in the business of growing leaders and is always helping us advance to the next level. The hardest part of my job is getting all parents to get on board with being involved in their child's education. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching new content for my students to learn and seeing them grow.
Pros
title one school that offers several resources for the students to learn.
Cons
Working in an older building that has its challenges.
consistent employment
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Each day was very unpredictable, one had to be very flexible but often not given the opportunity to be very creative. One could expect a lot of work outside of work areas and coming in on time off to complete the required task.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAJanuary 7, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Students, parents, teachers, staff and community leaders worked together to provide a positive learning environment for all students.
Working with children
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 3, 2018
If you love working with children then this is the job for you! Being able to help at least one child is well worth the stress that comes with the job. Being able to show love to children that may not receive any at home is the reason I get up and go to this job everyday.
Pros
Advances within the company
Cons
The pay
Job
Pre-K Assistant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2017
Working for Clayton County Public Schools is fine. I just need advancement and more money. I can't afford to go back to school and get certification so I plan to work my way up in other areas.
Go elsewhere!
CERTIFIED EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GADecember 18, 2017
It's a diplomacy at this county. The principals are horrible. Everything is the teacher's fault. They come out with policies at the last minute and want you to implement them immediately. A week later, that policy has changed again! They expect you to work overtime everyday for free. The TAPP program is simply busy work. The mentors do nothing and it is all about pushing paperwork. Too many evaluations and too many focus walks. Teachers are quitting left and right. Schools are highly understaffed. Teachers teach general ed, special ed, complete RTI's, and cover for students with IEPs. Students with IEPs do not get pulled everyday. There are 4-5 ISFs for each school! Each ISF has a mile long list of requirements. Very disorganized district. The work is never finished. Parents regularly disrespect teachers and nothing is done. This is to the point that resource officers are called. Wait...my school does not have one! Principals yell at the staff daily!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work with helping students with special needs
Paraprofessional Special Education (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GADecember 11, 2017
A typical work day varies but it is a joy working with children of Special Needs. The hardest part of the job is the salary. The best part of the job is helping children learn to become better daily.
Pros
Working with children who are eager to learn
Cons
Salary
Building facility
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 9, 2017
The facilities are not kept clean. The floors are disgusting and there are bug issues. The CEO gives the impression that he is inclusive and listens to stakeholders' concerns.
Pros
Stability
Cons
unclean work environment
Highly productive environment
Teacher, Department Chair, Consultative Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GANovember 24, 2017
Our environment is very structured and regulated by bells and schedules. Teachers are required to man duty post, be in their prospective classes, manage attendance and grade books, implement classroom management skills as well as collaborate with grade level and curriculum teachers and teach the standards, attend meetings, stay in contact with parents and many other duties and responsibilities. If you are an organized person, computer literate and you have good time management skills you will do well in this environment.
Pros
Learn something new everyday
Cons
Short breaks and very little lunch periods
Leadership needs to strengthen for support staff
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GA 30236October 29, 2017
Leadership has to address employee moral and needs for opportunities. Great work schedule for employees. Environment has room for growth to improve efficiency.
Teaching
Science Educator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, GAOctober 23, 2017
Great place to grow and learn. Great place to develop relationships. Teaching is a difficult job where ever one works. The profession is changing rapidly.
Pros
growth development
Cons
lack of funding
Substitute Teacher - K-5 Typical Classroom
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 16, 2017
Pending the grade level, each group presents its rewards and challenges. Smaller children absorb almost everything you throw at them, while older children may need more attention if they have fallen behind. Older children are starting to enter into the tween years and need to be positively redirected often.

Overall, the experience is what you bring to it. If you enjoy teaching and have patience, the job is very rewarding for the teacher as well as the students.
Pros
The joy of seeing the "light bulb" come on when a child grasp the concept of a subject.
Cons
You have to coordinate with another teacher to watch the class for rest roombreaks.
Great faculty
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 23, 2017
Great colleague environment and good administrative support. Stressful because all the demands and obligations as a teacher one has to meet.
Lunch schedule, very short.
Pros
Great faculty, good administration
Cons
Stressful obligations
Good work and teaching environments
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 18, 2017
Educating children, Dealing with children from various social/economics backgrounds is quite the challenge. Teaching is secondary in most cases because you have to teach respect and basic functions first. Clayton teachers are to be commended with how they tackle this challenge each day...
It was manageable.
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GASeptember 14, 2017
It was manageable. I worked there for six years of my ten years in public education. The principal and administration were positive. However, it was too far to commute once I sold my house in South Dekalb County.