Clayton Homes Employee Reviews

Great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belfry kyFebruary 8, 2019
Hated they shut down,Went from intro to finish. Hard to compete when others skirted what was allowed. They treated me well and did everything they promised.
Great company, feels like home
Sales Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNFebruary 7, 2019
A company that cares about it's employees and employee's family, as well as their customers. This Company has made great advancements in the last 15+ years when it comes to taking care of people. I can talk directly with my CEO, CFO, and fellow coworkers and feel respected and listened too. I have the flexibility of working from home or in office.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus. Free 24hr onsite Fitness Center.
The worst
Home Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Tazewell, VAFebruary 4, 2019
Upper management kills what would be a good job, absolutely the worst RVP in the company runs the VA region. Rehires employees that have been fired for harassment and promotes them. Takes from the employees profits to buy off customers . Then allows others to degrade and talk down to current employees. That's why you just had two long term employees quit. So glad i'm gone and work for a real company .
Pros
Trips, free lunch
Cons
all the other stuff
Great company
Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCFebruary 1, 2019
Clayton homes is a great company to work for. The pay is fair and you can make as much as you want depending on how much you are willing to put in. The only downside is the amount of time customers have to deal with the banks.
Pros
work environment, benefits, good product.
Cons
payscale, deal time.
It's an amazing work environment
TRIMMER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 31, 2019
It's a very paced place work place. Management is okay. I learned how to trim the inside of a home. The hardest part of the job was trying make everything as perfect as possible.
bad store for me
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tazewell, VAJanuary 30, 2019
I worked at Clayton Homes for 2 years and in the beginning I loved it but later I learned the culture there and started hating my job everyday.My regional manager said one thing and did another...probably one of the most negative men I ever met but around superiors he was as fake as they come.The culture there was hostile but I weathered that storm and I may add very cutthroat.The final straw was when my commissions started dropping significantly.My last manager wouldn't even go over the certificate of completion with me...just had me sign.It was a good learning experience but the only things I saw there was lie,cheat and steal.
Pros
Free Lunches, time off
Cons
Everything else
Amazing place to begin a career
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 22, 2019
I loved working for clayton homes, my coworkers were the beat you could ever ask for. They training provided is top-notch excellent. I really enjoyed learning the craft and more about myself.
Pros
Great customers, coworkers...more like family members
Cons
I rather not say.
not good
Sales of Manufacturers homes (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2019
need lots more training, and better goals for new hires managers need to take more time in training or have a plan in place to train. need a step by step training plan.
Pros
Cons
noine
Lead Exterior Builder (Former Employee) –  Wakarusa, INJanuary 22, 2019
I loked my time working at Clayton Homes due to the culture of the workplace and my coworkers. It is a quick paced job but teammates are ther to help when needbe. Management always takes you seriously and fixes issues immediately.
Horrible company to work for
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Jean, WVJanuary 11, 2019
The managers lie and there is no training, The managers are rude and there is no training, They steal money from the sales men, when you make a sale they go back and change things to line their pockets. Con artist work here. Don't work here beware
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company is a con
Its decent
drywall (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 7, 2019
The job I had was a drywall sander and painter,i liked the job and it paid decent doe what we did,I would reccomend someone to work there, the only reason I left was because I wanted more money
very fast paced.producation motivated
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
my experience at claytons was rough at first because I wasn't used to working at such a fast pace for more than a few hours a day.After getting used to the working pace I enjoyed the workplace culture which felt family like,alot of my coworkers had been there for no less than 10 years,so there were many very knowlegable people to ask if I had any questions or comments.the human resources department was fair and and very fast towards any issues I needed them for.i would highly recommend this employer to anyone seeking a career in manufacturing homes.
Pros
i was able to learn new skills and apply them accordingly
Cons
labor intensive, long days
Not Good!
Sales/Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Everyone is stressed and unhappy. My manager may of been the worst leader I have ever had! It does depend on the home center and the home center's manager.
Pros
The right type of sales person can make over $100, 000
Cons
Long hours, bad leadership, dishonest management
Fast paced
Floor decker (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to work if you can handle a fast pace environment. Pay is great and management is great. I would recommend working here for anyone wanting a great career in life.
Productive and team oriented
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNDecember 29, 2018
Very fast paced and articulate. Team oriented. Amazing higher ups and overall team compatibility. Amazing benefits and care for workers. Great hours and satisfactory pay.
Nothing to say about these guys
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 23, 2018
Have nothing good to say so ill rather say nothing at all . But I see now that they just going to make me write. So ill just tell about my day, I been laying playing with the kids.
Pros
Im not there no more
Cons
ima prisoner on and off clock
Good and bad
Finisher/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PADecember 22, 2018
There are many positives about Clayton Homes but there's also many negatives to go with the positives some of the positives benefits hourly wage increasing! Weekly incentive Friendly people
Fast-paced work environment , random drug testing
Negatives are as follows management not properly train for the Department that they are managing never knowing when you're getting off of work your hours are to be 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. if your work is not complete at 2:30 p.m. you are there until the works complete without another break!!! which limits your family time plenty of drama miscommunication from management to upper management you're not treated equally! Management or upper management do not value employee opinion or suggestions
Pros
Increasing wage
Cons
Management, drama, unfairness from department to department
Day at work
Leadman (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 22, 2018
Very fast moving job ready to work hard work must be ready to learn fast and ready for team work!! Team work makes everyday a good day !! Management team works with the men everyday
sidewalls
pettion wall builder (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALDecember 8, 2018
i had a nice job with good people to work with and want to be able to work there again. Great place to work at and good pay with good benifits andf great hours
Good p
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNDecember 7, 2018
Good place to work.
High paced atmosphere with steady work schedule. Pay is consistent, You will have a good experience if you show up on time,. Do your work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight