Clayton Homes
61Average

Clayton Homes Employee Reviews

United States541 reviews
Good
I loved working here. All the managers are good people and I loved all my fellow workers. It's a really good company and they take good care of you. Recommend working here.
Sucks they slave drive you untell you get burned out the throw you away like garbage
They claim to care about family an fill you full of b.s. promise a raise then say they do not have the paperwork. They drop your pay and a sign extra taxes to your pay without ever fixing the issue.
Pros
Cons
Movil homes
Refiere a la construcción de casas móviles muy agradable trabajo, buen pago y la oportunidad de rolar con todos los departamentos cada año, muy buena experiencia.
Good
I enjoy the fast pace environment. Can be chaos at times but my coworkers make the day enjoyable Has great benefits and pto. 401k plan too Sells modular and mfg houses
Nothing good but its a job
I'm only here til I find something else. Unfair work for pay management cares nothing for employees just about getting work done. Change rules when they want
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
They do not care about employees
During the pandemic, they decided to make 20 people wash their hands at the same time. No social distancing. All they care about is $$$$$$$$. Supervisors don't communicate with employees
Fun place to work.
I have never worked at a place quite like this. They cater meals to us on holidays and when we meet safety goals, spin a wheel to let someone win money every Monday, and are always coming up with activities for us to get involved with. Rarely ever has a day at work felt like just all work no play.
Talk the talk but can't walk the walk
Fired for "unknown reasons" which means my manager didn't want to work with me anymore because he didn't want to complete homes in a timely manner. No accountability demanded of contractors. Manager very incompatent. I sold 13 homes in 2 months and was fired because I insisted on getting folks in their homes and the manager didn't want to hear customers complaints/concerns regarding unmet timelines. Manager so slow taking 4 months to get you in a single wide after it was delivered! Really. Agreed to pay me for the homes I already sold before I left. They paid me 3% less commission for those homes with no explanation. Absolutely the most white boys club I've ever worked for in 45 years. If you're a minority run. Do not walk.
Pros
Loved working with the customers to get them in their dream home.
Cons
no accountability for manager or contractors to meet timelines
Like working at Clayton Homes
Its amazing to a mobile home built from the ground up and you achieve your goal from putting up ceiling fans from painting,trimming,laying carpet and cleaning
Honestly
Generally pretty good company, I'm service, not sales. 95% of bonus and incentive is geared towards sales. I have a good GM but that is just my store. I deal more with the customers after the buying experience, HAVE to be a good listener. It can be stressful at times and overwhelming but stay true and it works out.
Upper Management will let you go at a drop of a Hat !!
If you take a position be very careful to stay on good terms with upper management. Regional Vice President from Birmingham will let you go if he feels threatened in any way. He will be your best friend and throw you to the wolves.
Great Place to Work
Clayton Homes offers a variety of different tasks to perform on a daily basis throughout the factory. It’s managers and employees seem to love their jobs and want to succeed. The pay is competitive and I would recommend this factory to anybody!
Not a good place.
No advancement.
Terrible management.

The bosses aspect you to do their job and more and not to get paid for doing it.

They tell you what you wanna hear but no promises followed through.

Terrible place to work people always complaining on break about it.

I recommend not to work for this place.
An early start to the workday and a fairly early end to the day as well. Great way to make a personal connection with co-workers and some of the upper management.
Very busy place to work, multitasking is a must
When I came to work at Clayton 2 years ago, I felt at home with my co-workers and my skill match.

Over the course of time, management has changed, rules have changed and relationships and work days are strained.
Good company, but be prepared for the unexpected.
Clayton Homes is the industry leader in manufactured housing sales. However, new salespeople should be aware that much more is required of you than your job title declares and Clayton Home's hiring managers not experienced in manufactured housing, assistance will be difficult to attain. About 5% of your work will be sales. The other 95% is working with county officials, finance companies, construction contractors, and back-end service. Clayton will not compensate you for any of these extras, some of these work demands will actually come as an expense, and you will be compensated only on what you sell as a profitable amount.
Long hiring process but great pay and benefits
Took 2 months to finally get hired but the people seem great and the pay and benefits are awesome I hope I have a long career with them I would be happy even if I stayed at my current pay for a couple of years
Managemant needs to be more involved
This would have been a wonderful company to work for if it was not for the poor attitudes of the sales team. The maitenance team supervisor is extremely unorganized and does not like to follow schedule. Just very poor attitudes all around, The manager,sales manager and sales team do anything and everything in order to push sales including lying to potential customers. I would not recommend anyone apply here nor buy from this particular home center. All around disorganized and bad attitudes.
Don't apply
a tough cut throat business, homes need to be built better from the factory, communication needs improvement between co-workers, benefits are decent though.
Good company need butter worker off time for family.
Do away with the pou t system and let the worker take the overtime when they wont .it could be one of the best company just need more time to let there workers have with family.
Great if you have industry experience
Good management at the top. Location GMs run the show and company is making changes that may help down the road. First year for most is around 55,000 to 65,000.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight