Clayton Homes Culture reviews

sidewalls
pettion wall builder (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALDecember 8, 2018
i had a nice job with good people to work with and want to be able to work there again. Great place to work at and good pay with good benifits andf great hours
Good
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Andersonville, TNNovember 20, 2018
Good place to work would defiantly recommend to a friend. Good place for career advancement and pays very well for the area. Friendly people to work with
Excellent place to work
Roof stomper (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXOctober 23, 2018
I love Clayton homes I'm just looking to make more money to better support my family although they do have excellent benifits discounts paid time off and an awesome family oriented environment definitely recommend them as a career opportunity workplace great pay too
Good job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NC 28150September 18, 2018
I supported the general manager in all daily duties training, helping the sales team with sales and finances of all customers and loans, I also coordinated all setup of all homes sold.
Productive fun place to work
NPS bilingual representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Amazing work culture. Family and work balance. Amazing on stie amenities. Supervisors are super understanding and supportive. On site training. Small work groups.
Pros
Amazing amenities
Cons
Hard to get promoted within
Painter
Painter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2018
Great enviroment people willing to teach you and show you how the job is done great leads but upper management favors those who only have one job and care only to please them
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Very Productive workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 22, 2018
Clayton homes is a very family oriented workplace. Great benefits and competitive pay. Vacation time and paid holidays. Managers are very understanding.
Very well paid job
Final Finish (Current Employee) –  Savannah, TNJuly 12, 2018
great place to work and have great people. The pay is excellent. Will have to put up with Debbie downers but still fun. Wish I didn’t have to leave. Must have good work ethic
Cons
Hot
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 11, 2018
Great job to have and a nice place to work and start a career great people to work around great benefits
Nice environment can get hot in summer and cold in the winter months
Unproductive work environment
AutoCAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work was slow and unproductive. I was mostly distracted during a typical day at work from my fellow employees and manager. They were unprofessional. I learned that working with a already tight fit company they won't fully accept you into the "company family". The management was poorly done I tend to leave work feeling like the day was not successful. The workplace was untidy and was very hectic. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with my fellow employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was having family members and friends that worked at the company.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism
ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakarusa, INApril 6, 2018
industry is lagging but quickly rising. Pay is too low for expectations. Home office is expanding and investing. My career has no established path or compensation strategy.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
The Future of Home Building
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMarch 23, 2018
If you are looking for a solid foundation to launch your career, Clayton Homes is the place for you. The housing consultant position is encompassing of many competencies (construction, design, permitting, finance, accounting, sales, and customer service to name a few). They pride themselves on promoting a culture of learning, wellness, and employee growth. Plus their product (factory built homes) are one of the fastest growing segments in the housing sector. They build, retail, finance, and insure homes. There is probably an opportunity there for you somewhere. They definitely are a company that you would want to add to your list!
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities, Unlimited Earning Potential
Great Place
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work. I was only temporary but everyone was great to me. Wish I could have stayed longer but my contract was not renewed. Worked with JD Edwards World software.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
My commute.
Nice place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAMarch 15, 2018
I loved it there would love to go back it is a team oriented workplace. Everyone works together to get the job done so you have time to spend with your family
Dinosaur
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INMarch 13, 2018
The old mentality of "this is how we have always done it" must change. Most of the managers are close-minded to new ideas. Team leaders are not supported properly.
sales
HOUSING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 28, 2018
excellent career, training outstanding, quality product, loved the workplace culture the hardest part of the job telling customer they didn't qualify to purchase a home at this time.
Good place to work but long hours
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chino Valley, AZFebruary 17, 2018
Typical work day included going through leads and following up with accounts that you are working on. A lot of time following up and maintaining projects deadlines. Great lead management system. Managers were very good down to earth people.
professional, rewarding, fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2018
exhilarating, place to work, well compensated, always something new going on. New products, new finance programs , new, innovative and achievable incentives. A great place to work.
Cons
Clayton homes was good to me.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INFebruary 9, 2018
Over the nine years that i spent at Clayton I grew everyday. I started in wall build and worked my way up to a team leader. I was happy with how i was treated for the most part and managemant seemed to care about evreyone their. If their was one thing i could change their it would be the pay but they were competitive in that aspect also . The things i remember most arent the money or the insurance, it was how i was treated as a human being. Clayton made me feel like i was apart of something and i was .
Pros
good money cean work areas and good people
Cons
i could not see any
Great company to work for
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJanuary 18, 2018
Great to meet all kinds of people. In most cases was able help improve their lifestyle. Clayton Homes offered a friendly workplace culture, your were treated as one of the Clayton family. Was compensated well for my performance.
Pros
Working on performance based commision
Cons
Was rated on everyone else completing their job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight