Clayton Homes Culture reviews

bad store for me
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tazewell, VAJanuary 30, 2019
I worked at Clayton Homes for 2 years and in the beginning I loved it but later I learned the culture there and started hating my job everyday.My regional manager said one thing and did another...probably one of the most negative men I ever met but around superiors he was as fake as they come.The culture there was hostile but I weathered that storm and I may add very cutthroat.The final straw was when my commissions started dropping significantly.My last manager wouldn't even go over the certificate of completion with me...just had me sign.It was a good learning experience but the only things I saw there was lie,cheat and steal.
Pros
Free Lunches, time off
Cons
Everything else
Amazing place to begin a career
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJanuary 22, 2019
I loved working for clayton homes, my coworkers were the beat you could ever ask for. They training provided is top-notch excellent. I really enjoyed learning the craft and more about myself.
Pros
Great customers, coworkers...more like family members
Cons
I rather not say.
not good
Sales of Manufacturers homes (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2019
need lots more training, and better goals for new hires managers need to take more time in training or have a plan in place to train. need a step by step training plan.
Pros
Cons
noine
Lead Exterior Builder (Former Employee) –  Wakarusa, INJanuary 22, 2019
I loked my time working at Clayton Homes due to the culture of the workplace and my coworkers. It is a quick paced job but teammates are ther to help when needbe. Management always takes you seriously and fixes issues immediately.
very fast paced.producation motivated
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
my experience at claytons was rough at first because I wasn't used to working at such a fast pace for more than a few hours a day.After getting used to the working pace I enjoyed the workplace culture which felt family like,alot of my coworkers had been there for no less than 10 years,so there were many very knowlegable people to ask if I had any questions or comments.the human resources department was fair and and very fast towards any issues I needed them for.i would highly recommend this employer to anyone seeking a career in manufacturing homes.
Pros
i was able to learn new skills and apply them accordingly
Cons
labor intensive, long days
Fast paced
Floor decker (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to work if you can handle a fast pace environment. Pay is great and management is great. I would recommend working here for anyone wanting a great career in life.
Productive and team oriented
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Maynardville, TNDecember 29, 2018
Very fast paced and articulate. Team oriented. Amazing higher ups and overall team compatibility. Amazing benefits and care for workers. Great hours and satisfactory pay.
sidewalls
pettion wall builder (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALDecember 8, 2018
i had a nice job with good people to work with and want to be able to work there again. Great place to work at and good pay with good benifits andf great hours
Excellent place to work
Roof stomper (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXOctober 23, 2018
I love Clayton homes I'm just looking to make more money to better support my family although they do have excellent benifits discounts paid time off and an awesome family oriented environment definitely recommend them as a career opportunity workplace great pay too
Productive fun place to work
NPS bilingual representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNSeptember 17, 2018
Amazing work culture. Family and work balance. Amazing on stie amenities. Supervisors are super understanding and supportive. On site training. Small work groups.
Pros
Amazing amenities
Cons
Hard to get promoted within
Good Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Awesome work place, love the management. It was a positive place to work, everyone worked together. My only complaint was is the amount of pay, it was not enough and raises did not come very often.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor salary
Painter
Painter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2018
Great enviroment people willing to teach you and show you how the job is done great leads but upper management favors those who only have one job and care only to please them
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay
Very Productive workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 22, 2018
Clayton homes is a very family oriented workplace. Great benefits and competitive pay. Vacation time and paid holidays. Managers are very understanding.
Very well paid job
Final Finish (Current Employee) –  Savannah, TNJuly 12, 2018
great place to work and have great people. The pay is excellent. Will have to put up with Debbie downers but still fun. Wish I didn’t have to leave. Must have good work ethic
Cons
Hot
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 11, 2018
Great job to have and a nice place to work and start a career great people to work around great benefits
Nice environment can get hot in summer and cold in the winter months
Unproductive work environment
AutoCAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work was slow and unproductive. I was mostly distracted during a typical day at work from my fellow employees and manager. They were unprofessional. I learned that working with a already tight fit company they won't fully accept you into the "company family". The management was poorly done I tend to leave work feeling like the day was not successful. The workplace was untidy and was very hectic. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with my fellow employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was having family members and friends that worked at the company.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism
ok
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakarusa, INApril 6, 2018
industry is lagging but quickly rising. Pay is too low for expectations. Home office is expanding and investing. My career has no established path or compensation strategy.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
The Future of Home Building
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMarch 23, 2018
If you are looking for a solid foundation to launch your career, Clayton Homes is the place for you. The housing consultant position is encompassing of many competencies (construction, design, permitting, finance, accounting, sales, and customer service to name a few). They pride themselves on promoting a culture of learning, wellness, and employee growth. Plus their product (factory built homes) are one of the fastest growing segments in the housing sector. They build, retail, finance, and insure homes. There is probably an opportunity there for you somewhere. They definitely are a company that you would want to add to your list!
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities, Unlimited Earning Potential
Great Place
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work. I was only temporary but everyone was great to me. Wish I could have stayed longer but my contract was not renewed. Worked with JD Edwards World software.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
My commute.
Nice place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAMarch 15, 2018
I loved it there would love to go back it is a team oriented workplace. Everyone works together to get the job done so you have time to spend with your family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight