Clayton Homes Culture reviews

Very well paid job
Final Finish (Current Employee) –  Savannah, TNJuly 12, 2018
great place to work and have great people. The pay is excellent. Will have to put up with Debbie downers but still fun. Wish I didn’t have to leave. Must have good work ethic
Cons
Hot
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 11, 2018
Great job to have and a nice place to work and start a career great people to work around great benefits
Nice environment can get hot in summer and cold in the winter months
Unproductive work environment
AutoCAD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, NCMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work was slow and unproductive. I was mostly distracted during a typical day at work from my fellow employees and manager. They were unprofessional. I learned that working with a already tight fit company they won't fully accept you into the "company family". The management was poorly done I tend to leave work feeling like the day was not successful. The workplace was untidy and was very hectic. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with my fellow employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was having family members and friends that worked at the company.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of professionalism
The Future of Home Building
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMarch 23, 2018
If you are looking for a solid foundation to launch your career, Clayton Homes is the place for you. The housing consultant position is encompassing of many competencies (construction, design, permitting, finance, accounting, sales, and customer service to name a few). They pride themselves on promoting a culture of learning, wellness, and employee growth. Plus their product (factory built homes) are one of the fastest growing segments in the housing sector. They build, retail, finance, and insure homes. There is probably an opportunity there for you somewhere. They definitely are a company that you would want to add to your list!
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities, Unlimited Earning Potential
Great Place
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Addison, ALMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work. I was only temporary but everyone was great to me. Wish I could have stayed longer but my contract was not renewed. Worked with JD Edwards World software.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
My commute.
Nice place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAMarch 15, 2018
I loved it there would love to go back it is a team oriented workplace. Everyone works together to get the job done so you have time to spend with your family
Dinosaur
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INMarch 13, 2018
The old mentality of "this is how we have always done it" must change. Most of the managers are close-minded to new ideas. Team leaders are not supported properly.
sales
HOUSING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 28, 2018
excellent career, training outstanding, quality product, loved the workplace culture the hardest part of the job telling customer they didn't qualify to purchase a home at this time.
Good place to work but long hours
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chino Valley, AZFebruary 17, 2018
Typical work day included going through leads and following up with accounts that you are working on. A lot of time following up and maintaining projects deadlines. Great lead management system. Managers were very good down to earth people.
professional, rewarding, fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2018
exhilarating, place to work, well compensated, always something new going on. New products, new finance programs , new, innovative and achievable incentives. A great place to work.
Cons
Clayton homes was good to me.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INFebruary 9, 2018
Over the nine years that i spent at Clayton I grew everyday. I started in wall build and worked my way up to a team leader. I was happy with how i was treated for the most part and managemant seemed to care about evreyone their. If their was one thing i could change their it would be the pay but they were competitive in that aspect also . The things i remember most arent the money or the insurance, it was how i was treated as a human being. Clayton made me feel like i was apart of something and i was .
Pros
good money cean work areas and good people
Cons
i could not see any
Great company to work for
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJanuary 18, 2018
Great to meet all kinds of people. In most cases was able help improve their lifestyle. Clayton Homes offered a friendly workplace culture, your were treated as one of the Clayton family. Was compensated well for my performance.
Pros
Working on performance based commision
Cons
Was rated on everyone else completing their job
Work Life & Balance is Great....
Home Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Management lacks training and experience, lack of education, cut-throat environment in a bull pen with other type-A personalities. Advancement is possible but out of state only, have Management in Training program but candidates are already pre-selected.
Pros
Free lunches, time off when needed
Cons
Absence comes with penalties, Manager lacks experience
Lack of team environment
Warranty Service Technician/Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCJanuary 12, 2018
As a sales center service employee you will encounter lots of poor quality issues from the factory with new homes. The factory employees have no sense of pride in their work and quality standards are very low. You will spend most of your time doing things that would not be necessary if the factories took the time to do it right the first time. It is very rare for any opportunity for advancement as a sales center service employee. My experience was not great but a lot of that was due to the management and some of the other staff at the sales center I worked for. Clayton Homes as a company is ok, but there is definitely a culture that is all about production and profits for the company instead of valuing their employees or providing a quality product.
Pros
Affordable health insurace/flexible schedule
Cons
Poor quality control standards create frustration
Duties
Line Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXJanuary 1, 2018
After being promoted to area lead over top build and sidewall build, the daily job was a bit more than i was used to. After i was trained the job was very simple and very fast paced.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay
Great People
OD Special Projects Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2017
I work as a temp but the culture and the people are great and I was not micromanaged at all which was great! They even have a a fitness center and cafe which is a ideal work package if you ask me.
Clayton
Sales Associate/ Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 20, 2017
The customers that we get are great. Management needs a desire for some work. Under different management I could see this company succeed.

Hardest part of the job, was communication and no team work.
Pros
Clients, Location
Cons
Na
great job, if you have the right tools
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXDecember 15, 2017
started at a new store, new management. business was slow, and stayed slow, lack of initial guidance from leadership made sales challenging. into the 3rd quarter, sales started picking up but without a pipeline, it makes for living paycheck to paycheck.
i've learned a lot about local real estate,and i enjoy that. coworkers are great. competitive, but great, and encouraging.
hardest part is continual follow up, and paperwork. best part is helping people
Productive place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 28, 2017
Typical day was busy.
Learned to work on AS400 system.
Management was fair.
Workplace culture was ok.
The hardest part of the job were monthly closings.
The most enjoyable part of the job lunches.
great company, good pay and benifit pkg. Excellent sales academy , training ,and couching
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VANovember 9, 2017
great company with plenty of oportunity, top notch training through Clayton Sales Academy, management mentoring, with lots of incentives and bonuses. great work culture that appreciates individual contributions.
Pros
great opportunity with great compensation, excellent training, great lot Manager
Cons
Just the long hours and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clayton Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight