Clayton State University Employee Reviews

Typical Day
COURSE MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 21, 2018
On a typical day, it is a steady pace of customers coming through the establishment. For the most part, it is a great environment because of the people worked with.
Volunteer for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps Tutor (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 20, 2018
Great opportunity to tutor students as a college student, great learning environment, great opportunity to impact the next generation of kids, great networking opportunities.
Pros
Excellent pay while in school
No accountability. Poor leadership.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 28, 2018
University has lost a lot of good employees. Does not seem to care about real student success. Rules are loosely followed and create loopholes. Too much focus on pleasing faculty and not meeting needs of student.
Clayton State was a productive and nice place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  2000 Clayton State Blvd, Morrow, Ga 30260July 17, 2018
A typical work day was productive and a comfortable environment to work in. It was not a hard job to do. I was taught some new skills that I was able to put on my resume such as PeopleSoft. The most enjoyable part of the job was being taught new skills .Management was good I met the CEO of the bank and he came to take me and the other temps out to lunch which was nice.
Not good.
Video Editor and Animation Video Game Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clayton County, GAJuly 14, 2018
Not professional. Not diversified. Focused too much on the buddy system. Did not keep their word. Did not pay on time, expected you to wait for a month or more.
Great Learning Experience and Fun Work Environment
Marketing Club President (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 23, 2018
Working at Clayton State University under the University's Housing Department, was a great experience. I truly enjoyed myself. I had the time to meet some amazing people and I learned myself in a more professional manner. For instance, due to the fact that I lived where I worked, I had to maintain a professional persona while still trying to develop a connection with the residents. Sometimes it was difficult to do but for the most part it was a fun challenge. All in all, I truly enjoyed working at Clayton State University and I would recommend it to anyone interested.
Pros
Free Housing, Free Meal-Plan, Networking
Cons
Overtime
It was decent
if the instructor has any needs (Former Employee) –  Site corrdinatorMay 26, 2018
It is a decent place to work , they just do not give you enough hours and the pay isn't much. It would be a decent part time job to have fpo the time being/
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not enough pay
ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 19, 2018
It literally depends on the department in which you work . If its slow paced i say its worth the pay but in faster offices the pay just doesnt go witih the work
very educational
University Hearing Panel Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
In this volunteer position, we sat on a hearing panel whenever there was a question of a student violated the student policy on campus. We, as the panel would hear from the student and the instructor to make an educated decision based on the information presented to us.
Pros
education
Cons
n/a
Great place for veterans
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
This is a great place for veterans to come: if there is anything that you would need help with, there is someone to assist you. The help comes in form of helping you get your paperwork submitted to the college, navigating registration and a multitude of other resources.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
n/a
Instructor at Clayton State Continuing Ed
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 20, 2018
Good support staff, good work environment. I have been an instructor with Clayton State Continuing Education since 2004 and have taught various HR , leadership and management classes. Clayton State attracts diverse students, the staff are very helpful and always looking for ways to improve services.
Pros
Staff works with schedules and students
Great place to work Picked as AJC Top Workplace
Faculty School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  NursingMarch 1, 2018
Have worked at CSU for over 10 years and really like it. CSU has been picked as AJC Top Workplace in Atlanta for 7th year in a row. No other University is ever picked so that says a lot. This year CSU was picked by the Chronicle of Higher Ed as Top 76 Best Universities to work for as well. Don’t have to say much more
Pros
Employees are valued, great parking, beautiful campus
wonderful co-workers; terrible upper management.
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 12, 2018
My co-workers were incredible people. Hard working team players who are always helpful and put in an incredible effort to go above and beyond on any job assignment. The upper management politics were awful. Double standards were implemented very clearly with regards to communication expectations, finger pointing and blame games which is ultimately why I left.
Pros
Wonderful team and team building experiences, great learning opportunities.
Cons
Lack of communication, terrible interoffice politics, terrible interdepartmental politics.
Resident Assistant- Student
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Great learning experience. Here I learned why conflict resolution is so important. Within the university there is such a diversity of students. The leadership experience here is great grooming for an upcoming leader
Morale is very low
Current member (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAFebruary 3, 2018
morale is low, management is very cliquish, no room for advancement, very top heavy, created upper management titles for friends and the positions were not posted
Great School
MBA Student (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 24, 2018
In the words of one of my professors, "Clayton State is a hidden gem that most people don't know about." It proved me with many challenges and many stressful nights as a student, but in the end it was all worth it, but only if you are willing to put in the effort
Pros
Interactive Classes, In-depth Lectures, On-site Benefits
Cons
Non-Flexible Scheduling, Limit Classes In The Summer
Adjunct Part Time Clinical Psychiatric Nursing Instructor
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I worked part time as a clinical nursing instructor of undergraduate nursing students. The culture was very good in that collaboration, communication and team work was a great part of my experience that I had while working there.
Pros
Collaboration with other nursing faculty
Cons
Working in Different clinical sites with students
Great Job and Community
Patron Services Coordinator & Volunteer Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
Love this place...the president is involved and all staff usually work together within the same department. They are always trying to get all employees involved in one way or another.
Pros
Community feel
Cons
lack of inter departmental communication
Managers at the center do not know what they are doing
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
It was awful to work under one manager that is still at the job. She was not conducive the the culture and work environment that she was entering and she was very unprofessional
Nice place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
The only negative part about working here was the managers that they would bring in, HR needs to make sure that those they hire do fit with the culture of the campus and college.