Clayton State University Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace. Little Advancement. Poor Pay. Poor Marketing for fitness classes
Therapeutic Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 4, 2018
Great job for a student looking to make some income during their matriculation, perhaps a great career option if you stay the course. Unfortunately, a living cannot be sustained on the pay provided by the Institution.

Pros:

Relaxed work environment

Cons:

Low Pay -Certifications were not incentives for more pay
Delayed Payments
Relaxed Environment
honest opinion
Clinical Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAOctober 20, 2018
not a bad place to attend school but I do not recommend for employment. The campus is beautiful and offers a great atmosphere for students. Management in certain areas really need improvement and should learn how to treat co workers as equal instead of treating them as if they are the hired help.
I left because of the low pay and terrible management.
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with students and helping them to reach educational/career goals. My coworkers were helpful and overall nice people. The campus is located in the hood but it's beautiful once you enter the gates. Constant alerts from campus safety warning the campus community of armed robberies, carjackings, etc.

A lot of TV shows and movies are filmed on campus throughout the year so it was neat to see the behind the scenes perspective.
The salary/pay is low for metro Atlanta and the university is very top heavy for a school of this size. Management was horrible in my division and very hands off. My direct supervisor wouldn't come to work for days at a time and didn't communicate with staff at all. She was incompetent in doing her job and there were no consequences.
Pros
Gorgeous campus, paid time off, state benefits, coworkers
Cons
Low pay, little opportunity for promotion, terrible management, campus is located in a terrible/high-crime area in metro ATL
Do not come here
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 10, 2018
Low pay
Unfair job treatment
Beware coming here
Take job elsewhere
Never tell of others KSAs that you bestow because they will work, work and work you. No raise, no room for advancement.
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 3, 2018
Technical analyst at the HUB- Lots of room for advancement, great team of people, flexible hours that works with class schedule, learning environment while on the job
Excellent opportunity for starting lecturer
UGA, Adjunct Professor, Critical Thinking (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Clayton State University is in the Atlanta Metro so it is the most diverse school in the nation. They require all students to have a laptop and to take Critical Thinking as part of their well rounded approach. Despite not being a research based university, the professors there are impressive and their focus is on teaching, though all of them are continually encouraged to publish.
Typical Day
COURSE MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 21, 2018
On a typical day, it is a steady pace of customers coming through the establishment. For the most part, it is a great environment because of the people worked with.
Volunteer for AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps Tutor (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 20, 2018
Great opportunity to tutor students as a college student, great learning environment, great opportunity to impact the next generation of kids, great networking opportunities.
Pros
Excellent pay while in school
No accountability. Poor leadership.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 28, 2018
University has lost a lot of good employees. Does not seem to care about real student success. Rules are loosely followed and create loopholes. Too much focus on pleasing faculty and not meeting needs of student.
Clayton State was a productive and nice place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  2000 Clayton State Blvd, Morrow, Ga 30260July 17, 2018
A typical work day was productive and a comfortable environment to work in. It was not a hard job to do. I was taught some new skills that I was able to put on my resume such as PeopleSoft. The most enjoyable part of the job was being taught new skills .Management was good I met the CEO of the bank and he came to take me and the other temps out to lunch which was nice.
Not good.
Video Editor and Animation Video Game Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clayton County, GAJuly 14, 2018
Not professional. Not diversified. Focused too much on the buddy system. Did not keep their word. Did not pay on time, expected you to wait for a month or more.
Great Learning Experience and Fun Work Environment
Marketing Club President (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 23, 2018
Working at Clayton State University under the University's Housing Department, was a great experience. I truly enjoyed myself. I had the time to meet some amazing people and I learned myself in a more professional manner. For instance, due to the fact that I lived where I worked, I had to maintain a professional persona while still trying to develop a connection with the residents. Sometimes it was difficult to do but for the most part it was a fun challenge. All in all, I truly enjoyed working at Clayton State University and I would recommend it to anyone interested.
Pros
Free Housing, Free Meal-Plan, Networking
Cons
Overtime
It was decent
if the instructor has any needs (Former Employee) –  Site corrdinatorMay 26, 2018
It is a decent place to work , they just do not give you enough hours and the pay isn't much. It would be a decent part time job to have fpo the time being/
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not enough pay
ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 19, 2018
It literally depends on the department in which you work . If its slow paced i say its worth the pay but in faster offices the pay just doesnt go witih the work
very educational
University Hearing Panel Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
In this volunteer position, we sat on a hearing panel whenever there was a question of a student violated the student policy on campus. We, as the panel would hear from the student and the instructor to make an educated decision based on the information presented to us.
Pros
education
Cons
n/a
Great place for veterans
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
This is a great place for veterans to come: if there is anything that you would need help with, there is someone to assist you. The help comes in form of helping you get your paperwork submitted to the college, navigating registration and a multitude of other resources.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
n/a
Instructor at Clayton State Continuing Ed
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 20, 2018
Good support staff, good work environment. I have been an instructor with Clayton State Continuing Education since 2004 and have taught various HR , leadership and management classes. Clayton State attracts diverse students, the staff are very helpful and always looking for ways to improve services.
Pros
Staff works with schedules and students
Great place to work Picked as AJC Top Workplace
Faculty School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  NursingMarch 1, 2018
Have worked at CSU for over 10 years and really like it. CSU has been picked as AJC Top Workplace in Atlanta for 7th year in a row. No other University is ever picked so that says a lot. This year CSU was picked by the Chronicle of Higher Ed as Top 76 Best Universities to work for as well. Don’t have to say much more
Pros
Employees are valued, great parking, beautiful campus
wonderful co-workers; terrible upper management.
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 12, 2018
My co-workers were incredible people. Hard working team players who are always helpful and put in an incredible effort to go above and beyond on any job assignment. The upper management politics were awful. Double standards were implemented very clearly with regards to communication expectations, finger pointing and blame games which is ultimately why I left.
Pros
Wonderful team and team building experiences, great learning opportunities.
Cons
Lack of communication, terrible interoffice politics, terrible interdepartmental politics.
Resident Assistant- Student
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Great learning experience. Here I learned why conflict resolution is so important. Within the university there is such a diversity of students. The leadership experience here is great grooming for an upcoming leader