Clayton State University Employee Reviews

Not good.
Video Editor and Animation Video Game Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clayton County, GAJuly 14, 2018
Not professional. Not diversified. Focused too much on the buddy system. Did not keep their word. Did not pay on time, expected you to wait for a month or more.
It was decent
if the instructor has any needs (Former Employee) –  Site corrdinatorMay 26, 2018
It is a decent place to work , they just do not give you enough hours and the pay isn't much. It would be a decent part time job to have fpo the time being/
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not enough pay
ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 19, 2018
It literally depends on the department in which you work . If its slow paced i say its worth the pay but in faster offices the pay just doesnt go witih the work
very educational
University Hearing Panel Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
In this volunteer position, we sat on a hearing panel whenever there was a question of a student violated the student policy on campus. We, as the panel would hear from the student and the instructor to make an educated decision based on the information presented to us.
Pros
education
Cons
n/a
Great place for veterans
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 5, 2018
This is a great place for veterans to come: if there is anything that you would need help with, there is someone to assist you. The help comes in form of helping you get your paperwork submitted to the college, navigating registration and a multitude of other resources.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
n/a
Instructor at Clayton State Continuing Ed
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 20, 2018
Good support staff, good work environment. I have been an instructor with Clayton State Continuing Education since 2004 and have taught various HR , leadership and management classes. Clayton State attracts diverse students, the staff are very helpful and always looking for ways to improve services.
Pros
Staff works with schedules and students
Great place to work Picked as AJC Top Workplace
Faculty School of Nursing (Current Employee) –  NursingMarch 1, 2018
Have worked at CSU for over 10 years and really like it. CSU has been picked as AJC Top Workplace in Atlanta for 7th year in a row. No other University is ever picked so that says a lot. This year CSU was picked by the Chronicle of Higher Ed as Top 76 Best Universities to work for as well. Don’t have to say much more
Pros
Employees are valued, great parking, beautiful campus
wonderful co-workers; terrible upper management.
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 12, 2018
My co-workers were incredible people. Hard working team players who are always helpful and put in an incredible effort to go above and beyond on any job assignment. The upper management politics were awful. Double standards were implemented very clearly with regards to communication expectations, finger pointing and blame games which is ultimately why I left.
Pros
Wonderful team and team building experiences, great learning opportunities.
Cons
Lack of communication, terrible interoffice politics, terrible interdepartmental politics.
Resident Assistant- Student
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Great learning experience. Here I learned why conflict resolution is so important. Within the university there is such a diversity of students. The leadership experience here is great grooming for an upcoming leader
Morale is very low
Current member (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAFebruary 3, 2018
morale is low, management is very cliquish, no room for advancement, very top heavy, created upper management titles for friends and the positions were not posted
Great School
MBA Student (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 24, 2018
In the words of one of my professors, "Clayton State is a hidden gem that most people don't know about." It proved me with many challenges and many stressful nights as a student, but in the end it was all worth it, but only if you are willing to put in the effort
Pros
Interactive Classes, In-depth Lectures, On-site Benefits
Cons
Non-Flexible Scheduling, Limit Classes In The Summer
Adjunct Part Time Clinical Psychiatric Nursing Instructor
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 20, 2018
I worked part time as a clinical nursing instructor of undergraduate nursing students. The culture was very good in that collaboration, communication and team work was a great part of my experience that I had while working there.
Pros
Collaboration with other nursing faculty
Cons
Working in Different clinical sites with students
Great Job and Community
Patron Services Coordinator & Volunteer Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
Love this place...the president is involved and all staff usually work together within the same department. They are always trying to get all employees involved in one way or another.
Pros
Community feel
Cons
lack of inter departmental communication
Managers at the center do not know what they are doing
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
It was awful to work under one manager that is still at the job. She was not conducive the the culture and work environment that she was entering and she was very unprofessional
Nice place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
The only negative part about working here was the managers that they would bring in, HR needs to make sure that those they hire do fit with the culture of the campus and college.
No real Complaints
CMA, Phlebotomy and PCT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 15, 2017
no real complaints. really laid back environment. you are not micromanaged which I loved , supplies could be updated. and curriculum could be updated but overall good program for your buck
Relaxed, Professional Office
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow Police Station, GANovember 13, 2017
a typical day I work with MBA student files and incoming phone calls. Assisting administratively with the MBA Director and MBA Program Manager, Dean, faculty and other administrative staff members. I've learned how different it is to work in a university setting versus an elementary school setting. The hardest part of my job is advancement.
Pros
Low stress position
Cons
No healthcare offered for parttime employees
Summary
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 11, 2017
I enjoy my typical work day with my current employer. I learned while being around my manager and led numerous projects. We are team-oriented within my unit.

The hardest part on the job is during peak season, we have limited time to execute, effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is to maintain exceptional customer service and provide excellent service to students.
Clayton State has a nice in house Store that sales all kinds of logo's of the schools name and a lot of afternoon snacks for pick me ups.
Bursar's Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clayton County, GAOctober 31, 2017
A typical day at work was to make sure I reviewed all the Bursar's email and answer them in a timely manner and answer all incoming calls from student's and parents.

I learned how the Banner Web works and how to do the Scholarships.

My manager was very supportive and fair to all her employees.

The hardest part of my job was collecting the tuition and making sure it balance at the end of the day.

Making sure the student's were on point with their tuition, and their curriculum.
Pros
Pot luck once a month as a thank you for a job well done!
Cons
It was a temporary job and I had to leave when assignment ended
Clayton State tutoring program
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 30, 2017
the hours were not favorable, and the management was not good. They gave most of the hours to new employees and didn't care for their veteran SI's or tutors.