Clayton State University Culture reviews

Very busy and the day goes by fairly quick
Director of Procurement Services (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 19, 2019
A typical work day includes processing Purchase Orders, answering questions from employees via email, and assisting the team. The most enjoyable part of the job is Procurement training.
Typical Day
COURSE MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 21, 2018
On a typical day, it is a steady pace of customers coming through the establishment. For the most part, it is a great environment because of the people worked with.
wonderful co-workers; terrible upper management.
Budget Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 12, 2018
My co-workers were incredible people. Hard working team players who are always helpful and put in an incredible effort to go above and beyond on any job assignment. The upper management politics were awful. Double standards were implemented very clearly with regards to communication expectations, finger pointing and blame games which is ultimately why I left.
Pros
Wonderful team and team building experiences, great learning opportunities.
Cons
Lack of communication, terrible interoffice politics, terrible interdepartmental politics.
Resident Assistant- Student
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 6, 2018
Great learning experience. Here I learned why conflict resolution is so important. Within the university there is such a diversity of students. The leadership experience here is great grooming for an upcoming leader
Great Job and Community
Patron Services Coordinator & Volunteer Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
Love this place...the president is involved and all staff usually work together within the same department. They are always trying to get all employees involved in one way or another.
Pros
Community feel
Cons
lack of inter departmental communication
Managers at the center do not know what they are doing
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
It was awful to work under one manager that is still at the job. She was not conducive the the culture and work environment that she was entering and she was very unprofessional
Nice place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 11, 2017
The only negative part about working here was the managers that they would bring in, HR needs to make sure that those they hire do fit with the culture of the campus and college.
Summary
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GANovember 11, 2017
I enjoy my typical work day with my current employer. I learned while being around my manager and led numerous projects. We are team-oriented within my unit.

The hardest part on the job is during peak season, we have limited time to execute, effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job is to maintain exceptional customer service and provide excellent service to students.
Awesome workplace
Campus Information Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 6, 2017
Words can not express my time here at Clayton State University. My typical day was full of calls, problem solving and training other work-study students for the job. I learned how to management a team of works and train them to reach their goals in the workforce. To see them develop while at CSU was a blessing to see. Sometimes working here was their first job so I wanted it to be a good experiences. The hardest part of my job was leaving and the enjoyable was all the decorating for all the events.
Pros
the training
Cons
leaving my school
healthy environment
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 7, 2017
Manage other student assistants
Coordinate security
Costumer Services
Most enjoyable part was being able to work inside a gym
The workplace culture was safety of our members and staff first. Making sure costumers are using the machines correctly and not letting them hurt themselves.
Making sure all people inside the gym are members.
Making hourly counts to keep data up to date
Cons
minimum wage
Happy environment to work at
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 7, 2017
Mostly costumer service, being able to identify what the costumer needs and direct them to the right department.

I learned how to behave in a difficult/ stress situations and maintain calm. How to improve costumer service

Hardest part of the job I would say is answering customers who are already having issues with some of the department and making them maintain calm and respectful

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers, we have a great workplace environment
Pros
1h break
Cons
minimum wage
great place great people
Hub IT Student Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 2, 2017
it was a great place with great people pay was not where i would have liked and there was a max of 23 hours a week so it was a good environment to work in for what it was
The best thing going in Clayton County
Head Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 28, 2017
Great campus and friendly environment. I loved the lakes on campus and the beautiful scenery. The people are friendly and the school is small enough that it feels like everyone knows each other.
I did not work here
Presenter (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 2, 2017
I did a presentation here for college. A typical day at work, I did not work here. I learned how to present a presentation. I don't know anything about the management. The culture was diverse. It was not hard presenting the presentation. The most enjoyable was doing the presentation.
A fun and great place to work
GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAMay 15, 2017
I loved teaching students a different perspective of dance culture. My coworkers treated me and everyone else like we were a great big family. If I can go back after I renew my certifications, I most definitely would.
Productive fun environment
Sports Information Director Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Working at Clayton State I was able to interact with a lot of great people. They care for the well being of their employees. Always encouraging to make the next big step in life. I was close with management. They made work feel at home. The most enjoyable part would be the day to day interaction with students.
House Manager, managing events at Spivey Hall, Clayton State University.
House Manager Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 29, 2016
As a part time House Manager, I am enjoying being culturally enriched by many facets of music. I enjoy meeting so many people and l like the coworkers; and the entire work environment.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
very fun place to work. my second family
Gym Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 13, 2016
I had many roles. I would teach group exercise classes, check people in the gym, take payments, and do some cleaning. I learned how to operate a cash register while working there. I loved my co-workers, they were really fun to be around. I never really felt like we were at work.
Pros
being able use the gym
Cons
not being able work there after graduation
make it flow
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 9, 2015
One must be able to multitask. It is important to see the big picture as the main goal is to ensure the student/customer is able to succeed. Never be afraid to ask questions even if it requires you must prod others to follow through on their responsibilities.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction with my fellow peers across campus. Nice to be part of a team working together. There is never a dull moment and always something that requires one to investigate what or why.
Pros
Overall staff great to work with
Cons
Management training is just as important as staff when there is turnover, Pay should be based on skills and qualifications to keep skilled workers
Good group to work with
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 24, 2015
nice supportive folks, fun to work here, great supervision, Good work-life balance, Good hours, beautiful location and campus, long drive to food