Clean Harbors

United States980 reviews

Found 980 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,272 reviews

Great job

Featured review

Clean Harbors selected this as a representative review
I worked there for about 6 Months I had looked up to this job for many years before I got hired took me a while just to get the experience needed. For a truck driver benefits and pay where excellent, had a good balance in work and free time. I highly recommend this job especially for truck drivers.$$$

Pros

Per diem

Cons

Chemicals

Poor Management, Great Co-workers

Great work environment. Friendly people. Management is often distant from its employees and doesn’t know what they need to complete jobs. Pay is mediocre at best.

Clean Harbors insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Fun

Will recommend to work at the company. Its worth corking at this computer. Clock in. Clean. So paperwork. Then go home. Good home and work life. Highly recommend

Fun work bad Managment

Management is horrible only look out for themselves. No growth whatsoever lowest paid equipment operator positions . Only good thing is that you can learn there and then find a better job.

Absolutely love working at clean harbors super fun and fast paced environment with great pay and benefits absolutely great 401k company matching up to 6000

Easy place to work

As a driver your able to be home daily and make good money very slow paced environment . Decent starting pay as a brand new driver minimum in todays time 28 dollars

Look elsewhere if you want something long term

I never really felt as if the company cared about our branch. They didn’t give us the equipment necessary to be successful in the field. We were the most profitable branch in the hydrovac division, but the company seemed to handcuff us at every turn. Very toxic environment to be a part of.

Last resort only!

No raises; no advancement unless you leave your department and that’s a minimal raise. Not a company that cares about work/life balance. No remote working.

Not a very good environment to work in

No advancement, very bad pay. No compensation. The culture has to be the worst place I’ve ever worked in. They are not diverse and it is obvious. The pay doesn’t match the amount of work expected

Pros

Cons

Pay, benefits, culture, dangerous work

This place is a nightmare

What’s good is I am on the road driving to different states, what’s bad is everything else the manager are in Boston so how can they assist me now they’re also micro managing us calling every 30 minutes this company is terrible to work for that’s why I left.

Your Family At Clean Harbors

I've felt nothing but open arms into the CH family since starting. Our team is more like a family and management has been nothing but top notch. Wonderful career move!

Good place to learn

Good place to learn and put in practice experience.Complicated job culture, not open to changes, all is done like 30 years ago mainly.Top management complicated

Upper management is greedy

I spent 4 years with the company without a cost of living increase. They take advantage of their employees. I would not recommend working for this company.

Toxic

I didn’t even realize how toxic the culture was here until I had been gone for a few months. Every day at my new company is like Christmas because I don’t have to walk into that toxic environment.

Poor Management no annual merit increase

Poor management, benefits are costly, no annual increases. There is very little good about working for this company. No work life balance and management is very disorganized. Things are not stable.

ok to start out with but

no raises this is dangerous work, and this field of work should pay a whole lot more to its employees for the work they do dangerous substances spill clean ups its bad work for low pay for what you do

Work but don't stop applying at other places

If you need quick money they are the place to go. They don't like paying a lot or giving you your due raises. Horrible buddy system that if you aren't with the kliq, you'll be left out in the dirt. two faced workers and management

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

respect

Good People, Bad Management

Pay and benefits are not competitive. There are a lot of nice people working at Clean Harbors, but the management of the organization is not keeping up with the times.

Started out as a good job

Started out thinking this would be a good fit and with the CBPP program better compensation would be in my control, fast forward 5 years, training complete but no raise.In five years I’ve been through 4 fleet managers and I’ve seen 13 mechanics come and go

Pros

Not to much OT

Cons

Management picks and chooses what policies to follow

If you want to work 24/7/365 and be available while on Vacation, this job is for you.

The company runs lean, meaning, there isn't anybody else to pick up the slack to take care of the business. Be prepared to be underpaid, work for years without an increase and to wear many hats.

Good for experience that is about it

Clean harbors as far as a operator goes is good to gain Knowledge and obtain skills like Loading and unloading Tank Trucks to set your self up to transfer to a bigger company or refinery with better pay and benefits

Pros

Great for experience

Cons

Bad medical and 401k is not that good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clean Harbors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Clean Harbors.
Powered byComparably