Cleanslate Chicago Employee Reviews

Engage incustomer service throughtout the day with pedestrians owners to educate the community on the importance of recycling and the mission of cara.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2019
Demonstrated ability to provide friendly, helpful, and information customer service to business owners and the general public in a variety of urban neighborhoods.
Cleaners
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2019
one of the benefits is you can work extra hours if you want....the flip side is your schedule changes every week and its hard to schedule appointments especially when on your days off that is called available ...its frustrating because you can be called in to work. Overall i am enjoying the experience im getting working in a work environment.
Great company
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
Great job like a family and motivating.
Very fast-paced I loved my time their
cleanslate is a wonderful company
I recommend it to anyone it's a life changing experience
fun, intresting & lots of walking
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2018
I enjoy working @ clean slate, it gives me motivation to do better with my life in the future. besides I enjoy working outdoors & having groundskeeper experience helps a great deal. if you want better yourself and your life clean slate is the right place.
Very positive motivating atmosphere
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cleanslate. Although the work was hard the rewarding feeling of a hard day's work and the car of the employers made it worth while. I would definitely recommend this place to others.
Pros
Short days spent outside
Cons
Painful physical labor
Productive and Satisfying
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2018
It gave a sense of working with the public,and cleaning up the city.Gave me a chance to work with the public,and gain knowledge oif other machines.A great place to work.
Pros
accomplishment ofr duties
Cons
weather
its productive and steady
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
it is consistent. Ive learn how to clean the streets. able to communicate with others. The hardest is the walking and being in the sun,rain. Most important is working with others.
It helped me show how I work with coworkers even thou I have been out of work for some time
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608April 27, 2018
Helped me add to my resume for future employers to
show I can learn new things that isn't on my resume to begin with, to show what type of worker they will get
Pros
It helped give me a work history
Cons
It didn't last long to let me find a full time job
The environment is full of motivators
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
Been there for 4 1/2 years and its an environmen that you would look forward to everyday. Relaxed and everyone will greet you with open arms and the motivation that they provide is top of the line. Plenty of room for growth and they are always loOking for strong and motivated individual to continue to transition in their future endeavors.
Pros
Growth within.Raises and benefits from blue cross blue shield, 401k, free dental, vision care
Cons
You can hire yourself or you can fire yourself.
willing to hire fellons
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
its a good company and friendly supervisers. they are a second chance program who want to help ex-cons to get back into the workforce......... great place to work...
Pros
willing to train
Quick pace
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2018
It is a good temp job. They allow you to make money while helping you find better jobs. They also provide on the job training. We clean up the streets for a better enviorment.
A "Super" place to work!!!
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Great place to work for! The supervisor are highly motivated and team orientated. The overall culture is designed to motivate an individual to make it a "Great" day!!!
Pros
Helped me get connected to my community and it's needs.
Cons
Available to work 7 days a week.
Great place to start healthy living.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
The day start when every employee is clocked in for the job assignment. then everyone receives a assignment for different areas of the city. by working for Clean Slate I've become accustom meeting new people and understanding great team work. Mangers are great. very diverse culture, and the hardest part of the job is working thru the weather when it is really extremely cold. My most enjoyable is finishing my day productively knowing promotion is not far away.
Pros
I get free transportation and if sometimes we finish early we still get paid for the whole day.
Cons
Sometimes when were short handed well have do all our work, all of their work and work thru extremely frezzing weather.
Would rather work for McDonalds
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2018
The training on how to do the job Vs. Doing it, I found out were 2 completely different things. In the class-room they teach quality, on the job, it's about quantity which, over time and enough people buying into and following this.... Defeating mentality, this million dollar company will collapse into nothingness.
Pros
Free travel ti the actual job site
Cons
No break before lunch, 30 minute lunch, and back to work
its great
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
i really enjoy working for cleanslate it gives me a chance to give back to the chicago community by cleaning up in and around all types of areas making our city look even better.
temp work , was grateful
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2017
walk and clean the sidewalks and curbs of debris. good exercise it was a stepping stone to better things to come. no complaints on my part. nice people to work for
Beautification
Volunteer, The Cara Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
Great job for people to get back in the work environment.Cleaning neighborhood swept an collected litter along designated routes including sidewalks and vacant lots load and unload supplies.
The crewchiefs help you if need help
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
I enjoy working for cleanslate because I love to beautified the community and I know that I did my good deed for today and I love what I do. Cleanslate gave me the opportunity.
Neighborhood Beautification Buisness
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
A very motivating, and rewarding experience! Allows you to clean up diffrent communities in the neighborhood where you may have grown up in as a child.
Fun as well as a sense of accomplishment.
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
It was a very good place to work. We work at different places depending on where are services were needed.I learned that looking over your work once it was done correctly gave a sense of satisfaction.Our management worked right alone with us.The hardest part of the job was when some people did not want to work as a team. The most enjoyable part was when we all looked back at our work and said it was a job well done.
Pros
Free lunch and bus pass
Cons
Dirty work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleanslate Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2