CLEAR

CLEAR Employee Reviews

United States218 reviews

ambassadorclearstandingcommissionenrollmentfavoritismsalefoot

Best Customer Service

The pay benefit was good. There was good commission for sales. The hours were good for me and my fellow employees were very friendly and respectful. Thank you.

Official response from CLEAR

July 29, 2020
Thanks for your feedback! This made our day! We are happy to hear you enjoy working at CLEAR.

If you like standing around and answering questions that don’t have to do with your job this is for you

Very poor management. Toxic environment. They will write you up for anything. Family emergency and you have to call off they will fire or write you up. Manager spy’s from a distance. Your consistently going up and down stairs all day. If you need a extra 5 mins to sit and recoup they will write you up for performance. If you get a emergency phone call, don’t think about answering it. You will get written up for performance. If you take a bathroom break for 5 minutes the mangers are asking where you are. FAVORITISM…

Pros

You get to meet some funny people

Cons

No trust in mangers.

CLEAR insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Stressful workplace and favoritism breeding ground

Never have an adequate amount of staff and then want to put the onus on employees to keep each other from calling out instead encouraging a positive work environment where we would want to come in. This work place has a bad rep of showing favoritism And they say it’s performance but i didn’t know TOP performance will make you an exception to all the rules that was put in place for everyone. They say it’s just rewarding but that is not the case. It’s just favortism. They help you but that help is contingent on wether or not you can give them sufficient numbers and do things for them. Very stressful and strenuous job that managers make it to be. A lot of grey area for a security based job, sometimes there’s things you can do where other days you can’t. No sense of order or organization whats so ever. There is no sick leave. PTO(no sick time) is all you have for everything leave related (covid pay aside). They automatically use your PTO for call outs. Two shifts availability with a strict attendance policy. Willing to work with SOME people on that though. If it wasn’t for commission their turnover rate would be higher than it already is.

Pros

Commission pay

Cons

Shift availability, management, lack of organization, display of favortism

Dreadful

I’d double think about working here. Unless you’re extremely confident in yourself as a salesman then do not work here. SAT is a slow non-busy airport, you will probably not hit your 25+ sales monthly quota. It is boring as we just stand around all day and check people in as they come which isn’t often. You will also be bombarded by random passengers who are lost or who do not speak English and will be wasting your time talking to them instead of actual CLEAR members. You will not make it at CLEAR unless you spend extra energy pitching the service that isn’t even worth the $189 to everyone walking by. The average employee only lasts a few months here.

Pros

Cool people and managers.

Cons

Slow traffic, lack of chances for sales, have to hit numbers

Worst work environment.

I never even do these but I feel like I have to share my thoughts and feelings about this workplace. One of the worst work environments ever. The top sellers taking pictures of employees and trying to get people fired!!!!! Also, the top sellers get away with treating their coworkers like dirt and always getting their way with everything. Beware if you work here because they will stab your back. Management is a joke as well. Always talking bad about the employees and yelling at them like if we’re kids. The only good thing I can say about this job is that there is potential to earn a decent commission check but is it really worth my mental health? I don’t think so.

It was OK

Each day was different. Working from home was good, The job contained element of chat, email and phone support. But be prepared to do mostly voice support

Pros

pay, Work from home

Cons

It just was not for me

Lots of drama

There is lots of drama between ambassadors and senior ambassadors. Management is rude and cared more about sales than security. Unable to get comfortable with what you’re doing and get constantly pushed to do things you’re not familiar with. Senior ambassadors and management constantly talked about the ambassadors in a negative way in front of the rest of the team.

Pros

Coworkers are nice, uncapped commission

Cons

Bad management, lots of drama

Great work life balance.

Clear is a great company to work for. The managers help you when needed. The other ambassadors are nice as well. The work life balance is great as well.

Endless possibilities

really are your own boss. Great hours and pay. You get what you put in and it takes about 3 months to get use to the standing and constant enrollments

Pros

Company works with you in all aspects.

Cons

training needs to be extended.

Childish work place basically in a high school again with grown adults

If you want to work somewhere and get paid to do nothing this is good but this job is very unprofessional and your in a high school again basically majority of the people are childish and their over 25 I wouldn’t recommend this job

What is the best part of working at Clear?Generally had something to doWhat is the most stressful part about working at Clear?Having to deal with stressed out customers

Save yourself

Everyone is leaving. So should you. Managers are untrained. I asked to have my manager trained on how to manage another capable manager. I was told it was not possible. I had to teach him. Not my job. No work life balance. Asked for a day off after 3 months of 6 day work weeks and was told it wasn't the best time.

Great work environment !

If safety first is your inclination and you like helping people, this job is for you. Many hoops to jump through in the training process, but once through it is a very rewarding work environment with supportive and compassionate management. Benefits are great, and the opportunities for professional growth are very real and abundant. This is a great job with loads of job satisfaction, even at the bottom of the ladder.

nothing

run! do not work here. very much drama filled, poor management, will fire you for family emergencies, health reasons, etc. this place has impacted my mental health in the worst possible way!!

Not a job to keep

It’s all about favoritism and sales here. They care nothing about the security which is supposed to be our main focus. This company at this airport is a joke.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Short breaks

Run and never look back at this job

They run off favoritism and have a high turnover rate that seems to be just fine for management as long as they get to take pto you can’t get any of the benefits or pto until after a year as ambassador management is highly unqualified and it’s a failing company Now for icing on the cake every single manger at the CMH location talks bad about each other and calls their own ceo derogatory names bad company bad people

Run

Lots of drama Company is very backwards Fire people for being 1 minute late but not for security breaches More focused on the sales rather than security and service Takes most of ur commission and no raises Only the top 1% sellers make money

Pros

Snacks in the break room when we are deserving of them

Cons

Everything else

Lord of the flies - stay away

Although clear makes a good product, the company has been bought and sold several times, prior to going public and in the process, the culture is breaking down. There is alot of turnover in all departments, and they are more worried about hiring their (unqualified) friends over qualified people. They have unqualified people in senior positions. My supervisor was unqualified and had less experience than me. Anyway, the company is losing money, so dont set your expectations too high.

Nice

Nice company the staff are friendly always looking for new people there is room for advancement you just have to put the work in this is a good job for anyone

n/a

great place to work no complaints I would love to continue to work here no worries or problems. I would apply here, good work life balance and happy people

Unmitigated nightmare from day 1

A few of the SA's were nice, but most were crazy people. The moral is horrible, abuse is rampant and people are afraid to speak up. Stay away or run away from this place..not kidding

Pros

the snacks

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLEAR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare CLEAR with

• CLEAR
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?