Clear Capital Employee Reviews

great place to work
Real Estate Brokerage Owner/Broker, BPO's (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXDecember 2, 2018
Clear Capital is a good company to work for . Effective, clear concise , reasonable team. I worked for them while i was a broker at Parker Davis Real Estate as a valuation specialist for properties
Fun office
Vendor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 28, 2018
While working at Clear Capital I encountered a Friendly staff and environment. The business casual office attire made the atmosphere laid back and made it easy and affordable to dress for the office every day. Clear Capital had very friendly management. I learned a lot about customer service and home appraisals and how to mediate between home owners and appraisers. I learned how to use my judgement to accept the best bids . I got to learn about my coworkers and learn how to work in pods as a team which I found that I really loved.
Great Stepping Stone
Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 22, 2018
This was my first office job and it has taught me a lot about myself. It definitely has room for improvement. There was a lot of room for overtime and sometimes I got overwhelming. Overall it was a fun place to work
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management needs improvement
Overall decent place to work, but there is definitely room for improvement.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 3, 2018
Collaborative and easygoing work environment depending on which team you're in.
Even though the company seems to be growing, the mindset is the same and isn't progressing as quickly as it should.
For a tech company, the processes aren't as agile as they should be in other areas besides tech.
There definitely needs to be better advancement opportunities and more transparency in hiring and promotion.
Pay should be evaluated.
Benefits could be more competitive and relevant to what employees need.
Pros
Food, friendliness
Cons
Lack of direction, poor alignment
Review work was good when it was available
Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  HomeAugust 17, 2018
I was given up to 10 reviews to complete in 24 hours. There were various products that I was required to become proficient completing. Contact was primarily through email. Occasionally, I would have to call if the assignment was more complex.
Pros
I could accept or deny orders depending on my schedule. Worked from home.
Cons
Availability of work became sporadic. Fees were reduced over time.
Organization's Review
Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAAugust 10, 2018
The company is filled with young and bright people. The CEO knows to attract the talent. However, it seems at times that there were too much politics involved in promoting the right people. Some people felt underutilized and decided to leave.
Cc
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 24, 2018
Too many changes. No good leadership at all. People put friendship before work and take things way too personally. Good starter job but not for long term people. They have a hard time retaining employees and it effects the whole office.
Represented one way, presented a different way
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 14, 2018
Depending on what you're doing, the work ccan be pretty cool
The management and leads play "favorites" which determines who gets promoted and when
The work environment can be all over the place depending on what time of the year it is and also depending on who is in the building (customers or executives)
Staff Appraiser
Staff Appraiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
This place is a joke. For a full time staff appraiser the pay is $25 per hour. The staff appraiser is expected to complete 37 appraisals/reports per month with no overtime. This company expects the completed report 1 day after inspection. The customary fee this company charges is $500 per report. You do the math. The staff appraiser is being exploited.

They only contribute toward the employee health benefit but is it still not much. If you have a family and/or dependents , the employee pays 100% of their health insurance cost. The cost appears to be more expensive than getting insurance on your own.
Pros
Cons
low pay, overtime but don't get paid.
Job is okay if its a place your trying to gain experience
Vendor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 15, 2018
Starting pay is okay as entry level, not the greatest but if its your first job or trying to gain experience its alright. Possible chance to grow or advance in the company, but you'll have to work hard and may get over look or passed up for the next position. Dress code is mostly causal, benefits are decent and there flexible to a certain extent.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Hard to advance
Corporate job, corporate mindset
Vendor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 8, 2018
For what I needed it for, a steady job, it worked fine. But I did not enjoy the mindset of the office there. The work place is stressful when it doesn't need to be. A fish bowl. But the hours were nice.
Pros
hours
Cons
stressful
Poor Leadership and Culture
Private (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 2, 2018
Was treated like inanimate resource, never as a person. No or poor communication from leadership is the standard practice. Senior HR leader lacks diverse experience, without a strategy of her own, she just takes orders from other org. stakeholders and slaps low quality training programs into place.
Stressful and Always Worrying About Job Security
Team Lead, Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Constantly having to shift priorities before finishing the last item. Departments do not work well together, HR constantly attacks the Service Desk for discrepancies and does so in a manner that is direct with your boss, rather than working with you or the tech directly. Upper Management does not work well together and we constantly get tasks handed to us from executives that collide with other endeavors. Company has a really dangerous "Whatever it takes" attitude that often has the company lying to the businesses we work with to stay in good standing. The technicians will often not get recognition for completing tasks and managers/execs usually just focus in on the problems that happened during it. As a supervisor of 6 people, I was told that it would be expected to make less than some of my service desk staff, and this has unfortunately held true, even though I trained them and continue to mentor them. Not a healthy place to work at all.
Pros
Flexibility for leads/managers of hours
Cons
Everything about the work environment
Read the reviews if you are offered ~15/hr.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Little to no training, sink or swim workplace with horrible team leads/management and fake corporate culture. Expect to be required to complete 10 hours of OT per week, for 8 months or more of of the year. Don't expect your lead to be understanding of family life or even family emergencies. These will be held against you when it's time for the yearly raise, which is usually less than inflation(ie pay cut disguised as raise)

As an employee expect to be treated as a disposable resouce.
Pros
Cons
Inept leadership
No room for advancement, Not enough pay
Vendor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 3, 2018
The work environment starting out was very friendly, positive and loved. Currently very unprofessional and stressful. Managers play favorites and unless you kiss A you won't promote. Promotions are not based on Seniority so you could be working there for years and someone with less time can promote before you. Your work doesn't speak for itself. You could have great stats and still not promote if you are not in good with management. Co-workers are very inappropriate and need constant babysitting. It's hard to concentrate most of the time because co-workers are loud and obnoxious talking about non-work related topics. Once managers leave for meetings it turns into a zoo.
Pros
Free lunch on occasions
Cons
Unprofessional andFavortism
Good for a part time job or stepping stone; not a career.
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Poor management up to executive level has hollowed out what was otherwise a great company. Team leads are near universally overworked and underpaid (not uncommon for leads to make less per hr than those they manage) leading to lots of complacency, passive aggressiveness and general apathy, which hurts morale.

OT comes in seasonal waves. When it hits, expect 10 hr minimum requests for months on end with a few weeks in between. These OT requests are mandatory and when combined with inept management, the turnover feels like 90% within a year. It also feels like the most promising/productive folks are the first to burn out. This job isn't for everyone.

Some teams are better to be on than others, and if you happen to have a good lead and a good team, it can be a highly rewarding workplace.

Benefits are decent for individuals but uncompetitive for families.

The NUMBER ONE issue that Clear Capital has is taking constructive criticism. I would read that sentence a few times over if you want to stick around.
Pros
Possiblity to work remote
Cons
Poor management
Room for Advancement
Appraisal Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 8, 2017
Room for growth and the management team does take a lot of interest in hardworking employees. A great work atmosphere and learning tools are up to date.
Consistent work flow
Assistant Auditor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 6, 2017
Great company and great people. Workload seems to always increase, requiring longer hours. New hires are rare, existing staff is tasked with extra workload.
Pros
Nice staff, food is often provied
Cons
Long hours that conflict with personal life
Relaxed
Vendor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 1, 2017
Go in, do your job, go home . Repeat. Mundane work. No real growth. Nice building, some good perks -- good free coffee, walking the river path on breaks.
Double Standard
Vendor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 20, 2017
This company have no real way to balance work and life. Plan on working 60 hours a week to make 800 bucks a week. Management does not care about employees only the bottom line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clear Capital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight