Clear Creek ISD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJune 25, 2018
Working with teachers and students daily is very enjoyable. Friendly atmosphere among co-workers. Community members are very supportive of the district needs.
n/a
HVAC Filter Technician (Current Employee) –  2145 w nasa blvdJune 23, 2018
work on a computer for 4 hours then out in the field for ever long it takes to get the jobs done then report back to supervisor to see if you have any other jobs for that day and then plane for the next day.
Pros
steady and job security
Cons
bad benefits and low pay
Cooperative and fun place to work
Child Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77059June 18, 2018
I like working there but don’t get more hours
I like it because we work as a team
We work in a friendly atmosphere
We have free breakfast and lunch
Many great perks
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
The training was phenomenal and the resources poured out of the sky. The hardest part of the job was dealing with supervisors who did not make an effort to know their employees.
Collaborative environment with challenges to meet personal and professional goals.
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 27, 2018
A great place to work with collaborative co-workers. Can be extremely stressful when meeting the demands of the classroom and balancing life outside of work.
Substitute teaching is based on how effective you are at clicking on Substitute Teacher software when a job is presented,
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMay 26, 2018
The substitute teacher environment has changed since I taught special education. It is a difficult position because you do not know what type of teacher you are substituting for, whether they are liberal or conservative. Conservative teachers require the assignments to be completed while liberal teachers just want you to take attendance and let the students make the decision as to whether they want to complete the assignment or not.
I found it very difficult to accept that the students had a choice as to whether they wanted to pass or fail. I believe education is the best way that a dysfunctional student can rise above their current status in life and become more of a success!
Welcoming
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 10, 2018
I have never been at a place of business where I enjoyed most, if not all, of my co-workers and supervisors. We get a long great. I am given multiple job responsibilities and that alone has enabled me to challenge myself even further and on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is definitely summer time. Working four tens, managing over 5,000 employees, balancing the emails and calls, and maintaining a positive and welcoming attitude is a challenge, but what a joy to hear from outsiders of how great we treated them and assisted them. The same applies to the administrators.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Used to be a great place to work
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 4, 2018
New administration thinks it is important to change everything and not keep the students needs first. Teachers aren't valued and kids are no longer the priority.
Pros
summers off
Cons
Admin not listening
Clear Creek ISD is a great place to work
PreK, Kindergarten, first grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Friensdwood, TexasApril 29, 2018
It was many years ago, but the time I spent there was a perfect fit for me. I grew professionally, and personally during that tome period. I was given the opportunity to teach Kindergarten, first grade, and a half day PreK position when the school year after my daughter was born.
Pros
Professional growth encouraged
Cons
Watch out for the best admiiistrators
Elementary School
Campus Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 28, 2018
Work as the data specialist and typical day is busy with parents in and out of the school all day long. Balance job duties due to many interruption, manage to everything accomplished that is needed at the time. Salary not so competitive to other jobs
It's a good place to work
Campus Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 22, 2018
I enjoy CCISD. The people are great. The flexibility to move around the district is nice. The schools are very accommodating with schedules and working with employees with kids.
A School that feels like Family
Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 22, 2018
Teaching is hard work, but CCISD strives to make the best professional environment possible. The Superintendent and school board members truly put kids first and strive to incorporate technology into the classroom to help make our kiddos creative, collaborative, job-ready adults.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
All teachers everywhere work too hard! But, it's so worth it!
perfect for self motivated individuals.
ESL Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 7, 2018
You have to be comfortable working without supervision and with little to no training. Tasks are always changing and you must be a critical thinker. Summer vacation is great.
Pros
Summer is off
Cons
check is distributed over summer break
Great place to work but....
CTE Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXMarch 25, 2018
The increased testing stress has made it somewhat of a hostile environment. I expect this to be the case statewide I suppose with the threat of less funding etc. Personally after 10 years in this district, I am considering a change in career.
Pros
Great ideas and support
Cons
Can be stressful and threatening based on testing results.
Great district
Secondary Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 22, 2018
Very organized with great communication among the staff. Teachers work well together and support each other. Technology is incorporated for students and teachers and the campuses are warm and inviting. Many opportunities.
Large Innovative School District
Administrator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 22, 2018
A very collaborative district that strives to provide the best education possible for ALL students. Very aware of the diverse student population they have and work diligently to serve each and every one of them.
Large Innovative School District
Administrator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 22, 2018
Collaboration is the norm in this district. Thinking outside the box is allowed especially if it benefits the students. Very proud through my tenure here to say I worked in this district.
Pros
Being a part of a world-class school district
Great school district with a lot to offer students
Substitute Teacher & Administrator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students on a day to day basis. I also loved all of the extra curricular and student activities. It was a difficult job because of the continued change in what is expected from teachers from the state.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Standardized testing
Great place to begin a career
Certified Social Development/PASS Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TX 77573March 7, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to make a difference. The passion behind the coworkers to make a difference. It just reminded me of much I enjoy helping people find their success.
UIL Campus Coordinator - Clear Brook High School (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Very supportive faculty and department personnel. Great district with benefits that rival most others and a place that offers personalized development and that encourages collaborative work. The district offers lots of freedom with equal amounts of accountability.
Pros
Co-workers, supportive community and parents
Cons
Long hours if you take on additional roles, can be quite taxing