Clear Creek ISD Employee Reviews

fun group of people to work with
building monitor (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJune 13, 2019
a busy fast paced environment. The students are wonderful and summers off. A great job if you have school aged children.
the worse part is being outside in the weather for most of the day
Great place to work for!
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 1, 2019
Everyone at Clear Creek Highschool was welcoming and helpful. This has honestly been one of my favorite places to work for. I would definitely recommend it!
Encouraging and Dedicated
Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2019
A typical work day was performing classroom and instructional management left by the teacher. I enjoyed motivating young people to work hard and reach for their dreams. The adminstration was very dedicated, encouraging and helpful to the staff and students. I learned to always be prepared to make adjustments and have a plan B.
Pros
Close to home, hour lunch
Cons
temperature very cold in some areas
Great place
Special Education Behavior Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMay 23, 2019
Great company
Leadership
I have learned many ways to develop my professional learning
The work environment is stable and a lot of support from campus
Public School District
ELA Department Head (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2019
A typical workday includes developing lesson plans, communication with faculty, students, and parents, studying curriculum including trends, meetings, recording and analyzing data, differentiating curriculum, abiding by district, state, and federal regulations.
Pros
Every day is different
Cons
Many different "programs" instead of focusing on one
Mechanic III
Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  League City, TXApril 30, 2019
pay scale for mechanics way below average unless you’ve worked for a district your entire life. Shop manager was great to work for, very knowledgeable. Lead mechanic was lazy.
Pros
Food
Cons
Pay, health insurance
Great experiemce
Secretary (Former Employee) –  League City, TXApril 11, 2019
Great working experience with all the secretaries and curriculum coordinators. Loved coordinating and helping the teachers during summer workshops and summer school programs.
Enjoy my assignments
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 20, 2019
Teaching is great when students sponges up the knowledge. Environment in the department I worked in was "to each his own" In my opinion. I was only a sub, not full employee. Supervisors are versed at lying about you if you make a mistake.
Pros
Long term assignment when vacancy exists
Cons
Supervisors never asks questions or kept dialogue open.
Don’t even bother
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 18, 2019
When there’s a problem they don’t help you. No support or nothing gets done they just brush you off like you didn’t exist, very shorthanded where they make some people do more then your route, they have there favorites to do runs and special field trips. No one is treated fair. Thye have new hires who can’t pass they’re cdl test so they get to ride free until they pass as an aide
great place to work
Full-time teacher of English and social studies (Former Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 1, 2019
supportive peers, administration; you are working in best district in
Tx Gulf Coast; you have all the supplies/materials you need to
reach kids and motivate them to excel.
Clear Creek ISD is a very fine district that provides helpful support to its teachers in all areas, especially in technology.
world language teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Meeting my students each day was a happy time. Preparing for several different preps in a foreign language kept me on my toes for I had Latin I, II, and III with allowances for Sped students and those with visual/aural problems. My lessons were organized with the right worksheets, notes, workbooks and online textbooks so that the students could proceed easily through the new material, pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, derivatives, and reading/writing drills. The workplace at all my schools has been friendly, professional, highly work focused and helpful. The hardest part of the job was some student/parent attitudes toward having a strong, reliable work ethic and maintaining a steady performance level. Dealing with people who do not want to try to improve themselves is hard to cope with. My students were very work oriented and were achievers at the higher levels both in grades and in comprehension skills in Latin .
Pros
students who wanted to make good grades, prepare for college and the professions
Cons
students who simply attended and made no effort, showed no desire to learn, and undervalued themselves as no good.
Great district
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 22, 2019
My family lives in the district and we think very highly of it. A little behind the times with buildings and technology but they value you their students.
Overall Decline at CCISD
Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Clear Creek likes to promote their "Cadillac education" that's managed on a "Honda budget" but the truth is parents don't want Cadillacs or Hondas. They want babysitters, miracle workers and whipping posts. The majority of teachers are truly devoted to their jobs and to their students. Unfortunately, administrators are far more diligent at appeasing "stakeholders" than they are supporting teachers and enforcing discipline. It's not uncommon for a student to be sent to the principal for being completely disruptive, keeping their classmates from learning, only to be sent back to the classroom within 15 minutes. The only consequences are "reflective questions" and verbal redirection from an administrator. Some elementary students are even promised candy from the admin if they have a "good day" in the classroom. Teachers are held to incredibly high standards but not students or their parents. Lip service is given to Character Education but there is an obvious disconnect between what's taught by the teachers and what's administered in the office. The lunchroom is complete chaos, so much so that subs are pulled from classroom instruction to control the screaming, shouting and food throwing. All teaching staff have morning and/or afternoon duties. Duty free conference periods are typically used to disseminate information, update technology issues or as staffings for SPED. The technology department makes educating students far more difficult than is necessary and technology isn't distributed adequately, evenly or justly. As with educators all over the nations, teachers must often provide  more... their own equipment and supplies and supplies for their students. No surgeon has to buy scalpels but teachers spend hundreds of dollars at WalMart, Amazon and Teachers Pay Teachers. Lesson plans and professional development are typically done outside of the 7am - 4pm workday. Stipends are not equitable but professional expectations are.  less
Pros
180 day calendar
Cons
Asked to do more each year, difficult to balance work and family, poor salary for more experience.
productive and fun place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 25, 2018
Productive and give opportunity to grow professionally and intellectually..I could learn the English Language.Had contacts with different conditions in Special Educations Kids.
I Enjoyed Every Day
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 14, 2018
I loved being able to teach different grade levels and subjects from one day to the next! The regular teachers almost always left detailed lesson plans, and sometimes even a treat for me to say thanks! No matter what difficulties arose, I always felt supported by the other teachers & staff at the school where I was teaching that day.
CCISD, a terrific district
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job for many years. CCISD really does put the students first. Considering the lack of money in public education, I feel they perform exceptionally well. It is one of the top districts in the state.
Pros
Working with children, Summers free, oppurtunites to make extra money
Cons
Low pay compared to other professionals, can be demanding and stressful
It ain't its all cracked up to be
TEACHER/COACH (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 29, 2018
So much of the truth gets swept under the rug.
Special needs students are mistreated
admin doesn't support teachers at all
little to zero discipline for kids
Aide - SD/PASS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Friendly atmosphere working with young teens. Stressful at times. Working to ensure classroom functions properly by compiling assignments and assisting students with work.
Pros
Close to home and steady hours.
Ccisd
BUYER (Former Employee) –  League CityAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits, friendly faces. Best part of job was knowing you were able to impact and make a difference in the lives of students.
School District
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  League City, TXAugust 11, 2018
No matter what you do in a school district you are never paid enough for what you did. My immediate supervisor did all that she could but her supervisors or ineffective. They have never driven a school bus being that they don't have cdl's so the didn't fully understand what it was to be a bus driver. I work for the district for so long because I had weekends off and you are able to work plenty of overtime which makes really nice checks.