Clear Creek ISD Employee Reviews for Substitute Teacher

Enjoy my assignments
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 20, 2019
Teaching is great when students sponges up the knowledge. Environment in the department I worked in was "to each his own" In my opinion. I was only a sub, not full employee. Supervisors are versed at lying about you if you make a mistake.
Pros
Long term assignment when vacancy exists
Cons
Supervisors never asks questions or kept dialogue open.
I Enjoyed Every Day
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 14, 2018
I loved being able to teach different grade levels and subjects from one day to the next! The regular teachers almost always left detailed lesson plans, and sometimes even a treat for me to say thanks! No matter what difficulties arose, I always felt supported by the other teachers & staff at the school where I was teaching that day.
Great school district with a lot to offer students
Substitute Teacher & Administrator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students on a day to day basis. I also loved all of the extra curricular and student activities. It was a difficult job because of the continued change in what is expected from teachers from the state.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Standardized testing
Education atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Temporary job while completing my BS. Great staff and excellent opportunity to work with amazing students and staff. Would recommend thus employer to anyone interested in a teaching career
Educational and Challenging
Substitute Teacher/Clerical/Aide (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed working with the teachers, staff and students providing technical computer support. I learned a lot about computers and was able to share my learning skills with the student during different class periods.
Pros
Interacted with students, taught them to use computers
Cons
Large student body
Something new everyday
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids and other teachers. It was something new basically every day. The hours worked well and the locations were close to my home.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
short lunch break
Working as a substitute in Clear Creek school district allowed for many opportunities to do something different every day.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
As a substitute for CCISD I worked as a substitute teacher and several long-term substitute jobs. These long term jobs were as a secretary to a high school principal, an attendance clerk and as a main office receptionist.
Review of CCISD
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
My experience working with CCISD was a great learning experience. Over the course of 3.5 years, I was promoted to Lead Assistant and loved every minute of it!
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth past a certain point.
Team of great teachers working to inspire students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 13, 2017
A supportive school with the help of administrators and other teachers with positive attitudes. As a new teacher they helped us get classroom procedures together and supplies we need to teach our students.
Excellent place to Intern for teachers
Degreed Substitute Teacher/Intern (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXJuly 12, 2017
Much of the CCISD district includes intern teachers because of UHCL's educational department. The district is very close to NASA and UHCL (which is known as the Teachers teaching school). Many teachers seek a degree from UHCL and complete their internship within the CCISD district. Excellent district to work in but expect multiple turnover with teachers.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
do not stay to long
Great
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJune 13, 2017
I really loved it. People where awesome and helped whenever I needed. The area is very diverse and had a lot of culture. Typical days where easy and fun.
substitue
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXDecember 12, 2016
Substituted for teachers in various classrooms and gave the students their assignments for the day. Taught at different schools and different age groups. Needed something full time and permanent.
Excellent and Professional work environment
Substitute Teacher and Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 1, 2016
Great work place. Staff is very supportive and knowledgable. Good work hours and very flexible as well. Would recommend anyone to apply there.
definite team spirit.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 30, 2016
There is a definite team spirit atmosphere. All the team members pitch in to reach overall corporate goals. From the newest and smallest member to the biggest executive everyone is encouraged to pitch in. It is typically an 8-hour day. The hardest part of the job is when the students do not listen and are pre-occupied with their own thoughts. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the children hang on your every word.
Environment changes daily
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2015
I arrive at 7:00 am and find out what class I will be teaching for that day. I usually take jobs at the same high school, so I have more potential continuity in classes. The secretary is the one who assigns the classes. The most difficult part of the job is when the students do not listen or do what they are assigned. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students respond and I feel I have made a difference by being there.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay and travel expenses
excellent
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Communicated, collaborated, and cooperated with colleagues, supervisors, and students. Assumed the responsibilities for instructing classes when teacher was absent. Maintained, as fully as possible, the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which I was assigned.
Challenging to work with students on a daily basis. It's an interesting job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2014
Principals and Staff take good care of the school and teachers. The education provided is top of the line.
Pros
Good hours and it's close to home.
Cons
The students can be very trying on some days
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 29, 2013
Everyday was different and typically challenging. Learned how to read lesson plans and work with school age children of all ages.
Pros
flexible, summers and holidays off
Cons
not gauranteed to work, no benefits
A Great School District with many excitng employees
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXAugust 31, 2012
I was always available and the district would call me to assign where they needed me. Most of the times I reviewed Sub positions open online and would accept them. The School District always has something going on, fund raisers, etc.. All the employees are very friendly and great to be around. Great environment !!
Substitute Teaching can be a challenge
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston-Clear Lake; Webster TexasAugust 18, 2012
My typical day was the same as substituting for any other school. Arrive early and receive assignment. Make sure the students completed required work per teachers' instructions. Leave a note for teacher about any issues and the students' work.
Pros
flexibility to work as needed; experience teaching at different grade levels; get to know new people
Cons
no stability; rude students; rude parents; rude staff