Clear Creek ISD Employee Reviews

Great school district with a lot to offer students
Substitute Teacher & Administrator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 7, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students on a day to day basis. I also loved all of the extra curricular and student activities. It was a difficult job because of the continued change in what is expected from teachers from the state.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Standardized testing
Great place to begin a career
Certified Social Development/PASS Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TX 77573March 7, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to make a difference. The passion behind the coworkers to make a difference. It just reminded me of much I enjoy helping people find their success.
UIL Campus Coordinator - Clear Brook High School (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Very supportive faculty and department personnel. Great district with benefits that rival most others and a place that offers personalized development and that encourages collaborative work. The district offers lots of freedom with equal amounts of accountability.
Pros
Co-workers, supportive community and parents
Cons
Long hours if you take on additional roles, can be quite taxing
Excellent balance
Director (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to learn, grow and collaborate. Staff development opportunities are plenty and working for students is the greatest benefit of all! Could not say better things about this growing District.
Great place
ALTERNATIVE ACADEMIC PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Great place to work on all levels.. The working environment is great for growth in all areas of your career. Helpful people but competitive and sneaky at times...
Pros
Great pay
Cons
low pay for ancillary postions
clear creek custodial
Building Attendant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 2, 2018
job itself was very easy and not difficult for most but the heavy lifting and use of large equipment made it difficult for some of the older longer tendered employees which lead to lots of employees seeking employment elsewhere and ultimately leaving the school district for other jobs. my bosses were absolutely amazing and i have nothing but great things to say about them although the opportunity for advancement was not there as was promised upon hiring.
Pros
lots of paid time off during the summer
Cons
mostly night shifts with no compesition
Education atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Temporary job while completing my BS. Great staff and excellent opportunity to work with amazing students and staff. Would recommend thus employer to anyone interested in a teaching career
ok but sometimes fun place
Paraprofessional Aide (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 14, 2018
The school was a great place to work when i first started but than we got new people and the atom sphere change a lot to where it was not fun anymore.
Great place for solid teachers
High School Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Very well structured for training. Success depends on your ability to produce high test scores. Test scores are paramount. If you teach Algebra I, your goal is TEST PREP.
Pros
pay, teams
Cons
Staar, tests scores are everything
teaching
Paraprofessional- Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXDecember 11, 2017
I loved being a paraprofessional for CCISD for almost 7 years. It was the best experience I have ever had and I learned so much while I was there. I grew more as a person helping the kids.
Student Teaching
Teacher Education in Training (Former Employee) –  League City, TXDecember 4, 2017
I was a TET student from Clear Springs High School who taught at Gilmore Elementary with Mrs. Isom and Ms. Wright. They were both amazing mentors who have taught me many ways on how I can improve my teaching skills and learn how the students learn. CCISD is an overall amazing school to go to and to be able to work in it as well. The environment is fun and exciting everyday.
Normal School Setting
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXNovember 29, 2017
I personally think it is a great school, I'm leaving because I'm do not want to do education anymore. The school is great though, all the way from the admin to the teachers
Educational and Challenging
Substitute Teacher/Clerical/Aide (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed working with the teachers, staff and students providing technical computer support. I learned a lot about computers and was able to share my learning skills with the student during different class periods.
Pros
Interacted with students, taught them to use computers
Cons
Large student body
Excellent
4th, 7th Teacher (Current Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 12, 2017
If you like a community feel at work, then CCISD is the place for you. The community is very tight knit and involved in every aspect of the school plant. There are tremendous rewards given by the education foundation as well as from community restaurants.
Hectic work environment
CCISD Paraprofessional Substitute (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 11, 2017
The environment was hectic and fast paced. The office personnel were helpful. We helped each other in times needed. Working in the various schools exposed me to many different situations and cultures of parents and students. It was a rewarding position.
Pros
Flexible days
Cons
Pay was low for the skills necessary to provide qualified experience with the school systems
Clear Creek High is Great
Asst. Baseball Coach/Head (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 31, 2017
Working at Clear Creek High School is great. The people are actively involved and the students excel at many things. If you have the opportunity to work there I recommend it.
It is a fun place to work
Child Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 28, 2017
Clear Creek ISD is a fun place to work at depending on the school and or manager. I have worked at three different schools in the district and I did enjoy working at all of them. The only thing that really bothers me is the pa is too little.
Woes of Education
Technology Liaison-Assistive Technology (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 26, 2017
I loved all the years I worked at the school districts, enjoyed the teachers I reported to as well as the principals I worked under. Loved having the holidays and summers off with my kids, just hated that I couldn't live on the pay. (Below poverty level.)
Pros
Holidays and summers off with my kids
Cons
Pay & benefits
Not enough hours
Cafeteria Monitor (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 13, 2017
Cafeteria monitor shift was not enough hours, no more than three hours a day was not even worth it. Some staff nice and some could be absolutely rude. It’s basically a dead end job.
Pros
Off Holidays
Cons
Not enough hours
Great job to have if you have kids.
First, Second, and Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 9, 2017
Each day was involved with multi-tasking, meetings, lesson plans, controlling behavior, and teaching with rewards of seeing the students learn. I have the personality that my job has to be complete and that is why I found myself working more than I should have.
Pros
You are off on Holidays when your kids are off. Lots of rewarding learning going on.
Cons
controlling behavior