Clear Creek ISD Employee Reviews

Great school district
Health Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Overall, it was a great place to work. Very professional and balanced. Most of the people were great to work with. I would highly recommend this district to educators and other staff.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Salary
Something new everyday
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids and other teachers. It was something new basically every day. The hours worked well and the locations were close to my home.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
short lunch break
Great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Nice Place to work , fast pace. but fun environment. great management. paid holidays. benefits ok. feeding over 4,000 children
middle and high school large school.
Pros
off in the summer with pay/ eat for free
Cons
pay
Working as a substitute in Clear Creek school district allowed for many opportunities to do something different every day.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
As a substitute for CCISD I worked as a substitute teacher and several long-term substitute jobs. These long term jobs were as a secretary to a high school principal, an attendance clerk and as a main office receptionist.
Clear Creek ISD
Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
Communicated, collaborated, and cooperated with colleagues, supervisors, and students. Assumed the responsibilities for instructing classes when teacher was absent. Maintained, as fully as possible, the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which I was assigned.
Review of CCISD
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
My experience working with CCISD was a great learning experience. Over the course of 3.5 years, I was promoted to Lead Assistant and loved every minute of it!
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth past a certain point.
Team of great teachers working to inspire students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 13, 2017
A supportive school with the help of administrators and other teachers with positive attitudes. As a new teacher they helped us get classroom procedures together and supplies we need to teach our students.
Excellent place to Intern for teachers
Degreed Substitute Teacher/Intern (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXJuly 12, 2017
Much of the CCISD district includes intern teachers because of UHCL's educational department. The district is very close to NASA and UHCL (which is known as the Teachers teaching school). Many teachers seek a degree from UHCL and complete their internship within the CCISD district. Excellent district to work in but expect multiple turnover with teachers.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
do not stay to long
First year Kindergarten teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJuly 8, 2017
Could not have had a better principal or other K teachers! Kids and parents were awesome. I cried so hard the last day of school. Still think about those sweet kids today who are in their 30's!!!
Pros
all
very fast paced
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJune 29, 2017
you are transporting students to and from school in a timely manner and safety is a big deal with having a lot of students on a bus at once. you have to get them to school safely and also make sure the students are being safe on the bus as well.
Great
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXJune 13, 2017
I really loved it. People where awesome and helped whenever I needed. The area is very diverse and had a lot of culture. Typical days where easy and fun.
Educational and life changing with students
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXApril 20, 2017
During my time with Clear Creek i enjoyed the inter action with kids and most of all i enjoyed the time off with my family. After 2yrs break i decided to go back to my nursing career.
Pros
off the same time with my family for vacations.
Cons
low in pay
Paid vacations
Child Nutrition (Former Employee) –  League City, TXApril 19, 2017
The school was nice and clean. Fellow employees were nice. Wasn't able to apply for advancement. The only thing i enjoyed about this employer was the benefits of paid vacations
Pros
Paid school holidays and vacations.
Cons
Couldn't advance positions
Many different ways to educate people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXApril 6, 2017
This place was above and beyond awesome to work. The people pull together and work hard. I learned how to be nice all the time. I loved the management. The workplace culture at times was challenging, but we all had a common goal to achieve. The hardest part of the job was to deal with many different types of people at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was that one day when all of the different personalities and types of people agreed.
Pros
Summer school, Tutoring for extra money
Cons
Tight lunch schedule
Place to continuously reflect, learn, and grow.
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work as a teacher involves interaction with students, parents, colleagues, and administration. I learned the importance of working collaboratively with team members, parents, and all colleagues. Each person is crucial to the overall effectiveness of helping to ensure each students needs are met. Great place to meet new colleagues and friends. The hardest part of the job is meeting the demands and diverse needs of each individual student in your classroom. The most enjoyable part is seeing your students grow throughout the school year.
Pros
collaborative work environment
Cons
short break for lunch
Great students, terrible admin and parents
Teacher (Current Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 7, 2017
Administration blames everything on teachers. Parents run this school and as a result teachers have no power.

The students are fantastic to teach though.
Good School District
Assistant Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Clear Creek ISD overall is a great district to work for in the Houston area. Central Administrative Staff are basically supportive but tend to shy away from making difficult decisions in an effort to keep the peace.
Pros
Great district for students. Generally Supportive
Cons
Lack of support on hard decisions
Productive and fun work place
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  League City, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Through this job I learned how to really interact in a work place environment, getting things done on time, learning how adults communicate in the work place in a professional manner.
Productive and fun work place for kids
Summer Camp Basketball Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Led youth basketball camp for kids between K-4th grade. Enjoyed showing the kids the fundamentals of the game. Learned how to encourage kids to play and learn the game of basketball
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long day of work
Very low moral. Nothing gets taken care.
Driver (Current Employee) –  2425 E Main League city Tx 77573February 18, 2017
I love driving a bus. I have a lot of great friends there. Its a part time job with full time hours. The pay is low and benefits are high.
Pros
Made a lot of great friends
Cons
stressful low pay no hours