Clear Insights

Clear Insights Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
This was by far the worst job I ever had. It’s not uncommon for at least two shifts a week to be cancelled or for them to try and make you do more hours than you signed up for. If you don’t meet a quota, even if it’s not your fault, you will be asked to leave for the day. Unpaid training. They say you get paid more depending if you hit quota or not, but I was rarely paid for when I hit quota. Just not a good place to be
Basically a call center where you have people take surveys, impossible goals that they give you so don't expect to be making more than 9$ an hour. The schedules are very flexible which can be really nice, unless they cancel or delay the shifts (which happens way too often). Unpaid and awful training, I've seen so many people here who just start and they are extremely confused. Supervisors will never get back to you. Just all around terrible management.
Day to day who you sat next to changed, but the management was great. Each day would consist of coming in for your shift, being assigned a project and getting started right away by dialing. Projects would change frequently, just read the prompts verbatim and you're good. You dial the whole shift. Requires lots of sitting down and working at your cubicle.
Besides the downsides of working phones, this is a great facility. Fun coworkers and lots of opportunities to earn more money. You can learn different skills from professionalism on phones to sales pitches.
Complete waste of time..management is garbage. Never know when you are working if you will get hours.. As a manager and dealing with everything this is an absolute nightmare to work here
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I went to training for this job and thought “hey i can do this. I’m out going and friendly” NOPE. They don’t really teach you any of the necessities in training such as: rebuttals, learning how to “pressure people” into finishing a survey. When and when not to use filler words or go off script. Etc. Some of the shift supervisors make you feel like an idiot by calling you out, while talking very loudly in front of everyone saying you aren’t getting surveys so I’m doing something wrong (this was my first day there). Which was probably true, because i didn’t know how or when i could go off script or how to rebuttal. Over all, the job is doable. They have a lot of expectations. They don’t pay for most of your training, so 2 1/2 hours you’re there sitting and “learning” about the job. The trainer was more interested in making jokes and being everyone’s friend. But in my opinion they expect a lot for not enough pay. I get it’s a college town, so they don’t have to pay a lot, but It wasn’t worth it for me. So i went to to go find a call center job in Idaho falls that pays over $11/hour starting out, with guaranteed hours. You’re not asking people to take surveys or trying to sell anything. You’re just captioning phone calls for the deaf/hard of hearing. So when someone’s yelling, they aren’t yelling at you. Go into clear insights with low expectations, it may be the right fit for you, but it definitely wasn’t the right fit for me my husband, my brother, and my sister-in-law.
Pros
Flexible-ish on hours, make your own schedule
Cons
Shifts cancelled often, unpaid training, some cut throat supervisors, have to meet a quota
Working here was emotionally and physically draining. I lost my voice after the first night. If you are a person who takes no as an answer, working here will be difficult. I had bad numbers so I frequently got sent home early and scheduled hours were not guaranteed working hours
Pros
Flexibility, Decent pay, Learning speaking skills
Cons
Short breaks, distracting environment, boring job, mean customers
Easy place to work, pays well, and can set your own schedule around your week. Easy interview- walk in and did an interview with a friend and got the job on the spot
I have worked at clear insights for over a year. The call center is probably one of the better jobs in town, I have lived in rexburg for awhile also. There have been a few new bosses, but the new one is way better than the old ones we used to have. I know some people don't like the call center work, but I'm okay with it.
I rated it high because most other places in town require crazy hours. Clear Insights lets you make your schedule and I like that. I am taking 14 credits in school, so its helpful.
Only work here as a last resort. Those i worked for couldn't even remember my name and were always upset about something. All those who I've seen come in hate working there but have no other option.
Cons
4 hour shifts with low pay and they take away hours at random
This job does not have all the fears that I once held for call centers. But saying that it is definitely NOT a career, it takes a lot out of you emotionally, and the turnover rate is super high, partly because it is a college town and partly because of the type of job that it is.
my summary explains the environment. i would sit a desk, and draw and, convince people to take my asind survey i had a lot of fun working there. i learned some over the phone people skills.
The work at Clear Insights was not easy but it was simple to understand. The coworkers and managers were friendly but strict. There were a lot of rules about what you could have at your desk, and these were ever-changing. However, it paid well and taught me a lot.
A typical day at work begins with a group briefing on the project followed by a lecture on not completing enough surveys per hour. Management would often send me home because there wasn't enough work and then become upset if I needed to reschedule a shift. They are very inconsistent with shifts and hours. There is not a good environment at Clear Insights. It is a very unpleasant place to work.
Go in and call people and try to get them to take a survey. You're pushed to get surveys done. Some different surveys people don't answer phones and you just sit there.
My time there was short spent, after political season jobs ally shifts were cancelled. I unfortunately had to leave because I can't afford such inconsistent hours.
This company is quickly growing and expanding its horizons. The management is always looking for ways to improve the company's offerings and employee experience.
Pros
well paid, excellent opportunity for students to gain experience in the field.
Cons
really only employs Huntington Students/faculty