Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster Employee Reviews

I will recommend a friend to work there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 10, 2018
some days are tough other days are manageable. what I do not
like is the way we get floated to other sister unit to work.
we mostly work without a nurse tech making it very hard .
Great co-workers ! Great hours.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 2, 2018
Lots of good things to say. At this point I feel I need to learn a new path, I have maxed out in learning with my current position. I am thriving to learn new things. I am a very fast learner, high paced, great time management and I want to utilize these skills. This job has been good but it is time for something new.
Pros
Great co-workers
No communication and zero loyalty.
Surgery (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 21, 2018
You are just a number there. They preach standards of behavior but never follow them. Seems like employees that cause the biggest "squeak' are never held accountable for when they call in repeatedly, or they dictate when they will work.They wont pay out their 401k contributions if you quit during the calendar year. There is zero loyalty shown here.
Working at CLRMC was very rewarding. I gained a vast amount of knowledge and skills. I developed a special group of friends.
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 6, 2018
Working at Clear Lake Regional was both rewarding and educational. I am fortunate for all of the friendships developed, and remarkable people that I have met , coworkers and patients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy patient work load.
Always understaffed, high turnover rate, poor shift differential, pay could better
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 29, 2017
Clearlake is a place where employees can get experience. Techs are over worked and under paid. They tell you that you can transfer within the company but when you apply at other facilities, they won't hire you or allow you to transfer.
Standard
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 27, 2017
The standard one would expect from any HCA healthcare institution. Culture is congruent with the culture of the city it sits in. Work day is standard.
A positive and enjoyable working environment to be in.
Nurse Tech; Rehab Department (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXOctober 18, 2017
The management is very understanding and is able to work with you whenever there is a problem.

The most enjoyable part about my job is getting to know the patients and learning about life experiences from them.

The hardest part of the job is when dealing with co workers who do not complete their work assignment and leave it for you to complete it.
Pros
The department let you create your own working schedule.
Cons
Nursing managers don't last long working in the departments.
Good workplace for a starting nurse
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 10, 2017
A typical night consisted of bedside report, assessing all patients and developing a plan of care individualized for each patient. I learned how to manage a four to six patient load all at once and keep up with documentation in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with physicians putting patients on the unit I was at that were not supposed to be there. The most enjoyable part of the job was how grateful all the patients were when they saw how much I helped my nurse get things done quicker.
I work here
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2017
I love the people on my unit. Hard working, very good nurses. We support each other and the team work is excellent . The unit as a whole is nice, many good , reliable and honest nurses work here. My unit has a family atmosphere
Productive place to work with change ever taking place
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 23, 2017
Good place to work, people are freindly, relationships are key in this organization. Must be able to build these and deliver effective results in whatever department you work in. Result driven organzation, focus
is on patient care.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Constant Change
Great opportunity for advancement
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 16, 2017
Worked at CLRMC for over five years love it, family atmosphere in the respiratory department. Great group of people and flexible hours. Love it at Clear Lake
good managers, pay was not up to par
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I love my co workers but the pay is very low compared to other hospital groups. And the unit I work on is very heavy and some times have 5 patients that are very sick and need extra care.
Over worked and Under appreciated
Guest service tech (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 8, 2017
THey over work their employees and under appreciate them. I have never seen such a disorganized department as I did when I worked for the FANS department.
Ok Place To Work
Evaluation & Management Coder (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Just make sure you show up, don't be late, do your job and leave. You won't have any problems there if that is what you do. I did like the 401K and the insurance wasn't too bad. Other than that it wasn't that bad. They aren't understandable about certain situations when your child is sick.
High turnover rate
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Staffing remains to be an issue.Seems that new hires seldom stay longer than 1 year. They get the experience needed to transfer to another facility. Teamwork is talked about but only seen with "certain" employees.
Educational opportunities are minimal.Most of your new info comes from inservices that occur during your work day. Updates on hospital changes,etc. are held during working hours.You are expected to leave your unit for"30 min." to attend these mandatory sessions. Management is terrible, many are new to their positions and new to HCA. They aren't familiar with policies and procedures so they are constantly in touch with HR. Each unit seems to run a little different even though they are considered "sister units". There is little support for the staff. The patients and family rule.This allows them to mistreat and disrespect the nursing staff, causing poor morale.This makes it difficult to continue to provide good care.
There are times when your hard work is recognized, this makes you feel appreciated.You can smile at the end of your day.
Cafeteria hours are too short,the food is overpriced and the grill isn't even open on weekends.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
short staffed, inexperienced staff
fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 13, 2016
overall the facility was a great place to work. Employees got along for the most part, and there wasn't a feeling of favoritism among the staff. Shifts were flexible to allow for school.
Pros
everone worked together
Cons
could not get full time position although worked full time hours
I would still be working at Clear Lake today but i had to quit to care for my elderly parents.
Pre-op Nurse (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed working at CLRH, Every one I worked with or met in the hall or caferteria were kind and caring. I had to learn 3 different areas and a new computer program. for each one.. I had lots of support and mastered them all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster. Our community is ready to answer.

Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster Reviews by Location