Clear Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxing to work
Data entry/scanning temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
The company offers many benefits to its employees. Everyone who works there is friendly and always gives help to other people. I would recommend the company to anyone interested.
The absolute worst management !!!
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Horrible management!! Who does not care about their employee’s and have no respect for anyone . There is no where to grow unless you are bending backwards and Kissing up to mangers . Very uncomfortable environment !!! Do not I REPEAT DO NOT apply !!!
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Poor management, uncomfortable work environment, lazy peers and much more
I Got Let Go But I have a few stuff to say...
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoyed working with the other ambassadors I met.
The job was less stressful than the other jobs I experienced.

However, standing for 8 hours is a pain
The general manager doesn't give 2 squats about PM Shift
Managers not listening to ambassadors requests
In 8 hours, it's absolutely boring...
We can't really entertain ourselves at all
Too much gossiping going on to the point that I suck myself into the darn bandwagon

Yeah....yeah.....I wouldn't recommend anyone on taking this job. The company doesn't give 2 squats about their workers... Just want more money and keep their reputation unlike they did back in 2009...

Plus they ARE breaking a loooooot of laws. Just saying...

I miss working with my buddies there but....I'm still happy that they let me out of there. It's not worth it to me.
Cutthroat company will leave you feeling burnt out and not valued
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2019
An easy job made difficult. Too many people in this company trying to control how things run from corporate to local management. Management does not look out for the best interests of their workers. They only look to benefit themselves whether that means favoritism with workers or backstabbing to get the next promotion. The worst working environment I have ever experienced. They try to sell you a false perception of how security is the #1 priority in the company. Lies! All they think about is sales sales sales at any cost. If you don't sell you get stuck in the worst gates or you never have the opportunity to work events outside of work even if you add value with great customer service. Rapid changes every single week. It says a lot when your best employees on the management side who actually value your working experience leave the company. So many unqualified people in positions of power who are clueless as to what customer service is. When you have workers who have been there from the jump and understand how things operate from the ins and outs and to see this company will hire people in management level who are clueless about how things are run looking to destroy good dynamics for their own benefit says a lot. Some workers can be greedy snakes they will lie,manipulate, not help and cause drama on the floor just to make sales. The funny thing is management seems to praise and reward those who act like that. Exhausting worklife balance literally they don't care about your well being. If the day is short staffed which is everyday they will call and beg you to come in on your  more... off days and use you like you don't have a life outside of work. This is something they frequently take advantage of. Constant disrespect from customers who act self entitled and privileged on the regular they blame you for not having Precheck to talking down in how bad Clear sucks, but yet still use it. They will lie and complain about stuff Clear has no control over and talk down on ambassadors like pesants. If the issue is brought to management without investigation from the member or corporate you get a automatic write up because the customer can never seem to be wrong. If you like high school drama, circus acts and believe in a multi million dollar company being run like a 5 cents lemonade stand then this is the job for you.  less
Pros
Helping and networking with members
Cons
Poor Management, favoritism, workers not valued
It's good for the pay.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 1, 2019
I dread going into work every day because the majority of my co-workers use horrible language and speak vulgarity towards each other, not caring what passengers or clear members may be around. The only reason I'm still here is for the members. This is the worst work environment I've ever worked in and management does nothing to improve the environment.
Pros
Helping passengers
Cons
No sick days
Great company but worst Managers
ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 27, 2018
Listen I think this is a very fun job and what they have to offer as far as commission and benefits is great. MANAGEMENT is the worst. The general manager talks bad about EVERYONE and lies when confronted. Keeping it professional is not in management vocabulary. Once the does not like you he will tell everyone your faults and pick on you. If you can deal with this go ahead and apply. To be on managements good side you have to tell on your coworkers any little thing they do report it. That is how you are not a target.
benefits
Cons
Management is not professional, favoritism
Horrible place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 21, 2018
Almost no rest breaks after 4 hours standing when at least the TSA agents next to us had stools. Long hours standing doing nothing.
The process could be done autonomously without humans.
Great work environment
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 12, 2018
Make as much as you sell. Great benefits. Fast paced. exciting. Hourly pay plus commission. Great people to work with. must be able to multitask well.
Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDDecember 8, 2018
clear was a new internet network that came to the east coast. Was not very known. Company could not stay afloat. Manager was very unorganized. Did not take job seriously
Pros
great service
Cons
business was messy
Focus on yourself
Lead Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
Clear is a good job you have the chance to make more money on top of ur hourly. But there’s a lot of negative that brings the place down in LAS. Where it doesn’t make it a fun work environment .
Enjoyed working out in the feild
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIDecember 4, 2018
I learned a lot within the structure and thru the training. Management allowed me to work at home and on the field. Sales commission compensation paid very well.
Pros
Free Wireless internet. High Payout.
Cons
Worked solo
unfair rude selfish greedy co workers
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2018
Management has been clueless here for a while. So many slackers get what they want while hard workers get the shaft. Too many greedy selfish people. But they suck up to management so they get away with many things. Management made many changes to attempt to correct things only to make things worse for the hard workers. Poor treatment from some of the more childish co workers since first day...several years and it only got worse. I am very glad I do not work here anymore. Made decent money for 2017, but things got worse in 2018.
Pros
decent money
Cons
immature, selfish, greedy co workers
It was ok
Sales Brand and Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
Was not the place for me and I am glad I able to realize that it was not the best place for me or my skill set. The mission of the company was good however I didn't fit their puzzle.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Low pay
None (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
They need to Hire new managers. They have no idea what their doing. They call u in for an interview.. Take an hour to get interviewed. Its out in the open, they have no office to do interviews, no paperwork, no document, no resume meaning no way they are professionals.. Everything is online n they continuously ask u over email after u just applied to come in for an interview not remembering that u were just there last week. No phone calls just emails. So fake. If they arent professionals at what they do.. I can only imagine what the job or coworkers are like. The pay is probably not even worth the stress neither. No wonder people come n go.
Cons
Slow airport with garbage management
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2018
If you're thinking about working at the Phoenix location, just look somewhere else. During training they hype it up to make it seem like you can move up positions easily, you'll get so much money from commision, and that it's super busy. Not only is this probably the slowest airport to work at but the management team is just picked off the side of the street. One manager has only worked in restaurants, another was a bartender prior to this position, another just worked at Gucci and liked to flaunt that specific fact. They do not know how to manage their staff, their attendance policy is ridiculous, and they're just all cut throat and do not care about their ambassadors. If you're not good at selling then you're scheduled to be at a slow gate where you have no chance of ever making a sale while top enrollers are at the busiest gates. the leads just sit to the side and do nothing or take their job way to seriously and threaten to fire you when they have no actual power to do so. If you do plan to work here, expect to stand in one spot for 8 hours talking with other ambassadors, TSA, or securitas. at least they're cool people!
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Flexible and hard working
Undergraduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2018
Flexible work environment focused on making a difference in the world. Wiling to work with my changing and busy schedule and give me opportunities to succeed.
The company and service they offer are great, the job not so much.
Manager (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 23, 2018
The company and what they offer are great. The manager job is not so great. There is little room for advancement from within due to bringing in outside leadership. There are no mentorship programs or development programs in place.
Productive workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 18, 2018
A place with much movement of work but, hard to work in winter time. Clean many cars by day. Learned to be a patient person wirh good actitude always.
Pros
Discounts in car washes
Cons
Short breaks
Clear life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
If they lived their mission statement, they would be great. Unfortunately, they ask for transparency, but do not want to know what is the truth.

Live the motto, hire smart people to do smart things.
Horrible
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  PhoenixOctober 12, 2018
If you enjoy high school like drama and constantly listening to everyone complain then this is the job for you.
The job itself is incredibly easy and the pay is great.. however, they really hype up the job to be something it isn’t.
You won’t be making huge commission checks working in the PHX airport. Everyone will blow you off and you’re lucky to make 5 sales a week.
The worst part about the job is the people. The only people they can seem to get to work here are young and immature. Everyone is talking and complaining about someone else at every second of the day, and there is a whole lot of HR madness.
All the people working here are lying, manipulative, drama queens.
Look somewhere else.
Pros
easy work, good pay
Cons
management, co workers, lack of sales