Clearfield, Inc.

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Clearfield, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 5, 2019
Busy office, but relaxed environment. There is an ability to grow with this company, and managers do not micromanage. One of the perks is free food, this could also be bad for my waist line. The company culture feels like a family. I am enjoying my time here.
Pros
great management
Cons
free food
Enjoy the culture
Help Desk Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 4, 2019
Management is very helpful in learning new skills and job functions. I enjoy the people here, as everyone has been really friendly and supportive. Attitude around the office is positive.
Pros
The Culture
Long time job
Many titles (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 4, 2019
Like any place, you need to work hard to succeed. If you put in the effort you will be rewarded. Hands off management style is another bonus. Cutting edge products.
Pros
Great coworkers, many learning opportunities
A great company to work for
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2019
I work in the front office and really enjoy the culture and day-to-day activities at Clearfield. Management is really fair and easy to work with in my department.
Pros
Business Casual, lots of variety
Cons
No sick days, duties can go beyond job description
Paid lunch and flexible schedule
Fiber Optic Spicer/Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 20, 2018
The thing I dont like here is that management has favorites.You know how that goes. Easy work. Just follow the blue prints/ instructions and you'll be fine. Reviews good. Rasies could be alot better. 401k , stocks and PTO are great!
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
office people vs. floor people
Great company with great people!
Sales Demonstration Support (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2018
My experience with Clearfield was fantastic for the most part. The job I had required me to be on the road for extended periods of time which became exhausting after two months away from home. I was able to learn quite a bit about the Telecommunications industry!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Gone home from home too much
Goop People
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNDecember 12, 2017
great people to work with
very nice new office space
stock options
health insurance
work out room
fun employee activities
great location for north suburbs
Great place to work with friendly people.
SAR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 18, 2017
Great place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the great people to work with each day.
No work instructions to guide you on how to do your work.
Lots of tribal knowledge.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
To much tribal knowledge
a typical day at work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 16, 2017
I've worked for Clearfield a little over 13 years. It's a wonderful place to go to work every day and came back home. Every day I would do inspections, floating, training new and old employees on new tasks.
Pros
nice place to work for
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Excellent work enviornment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 30, 2017
Great atmosphere.
Excellent employees.
Great benefits.
Fast growing company.
Very laid back work place.
Good hours and some overtime.
This company loves its workers.
management
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 17, 2017
This company is horrible, especially the upper management. The paid is below average. Upper management used the F word a lot to their employees. Just can't bear with their pressure of pointing finger.
Pros
manager issues
Cons
No life
panel
Prep Fiber Assembler and Panel (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 7, 2017
I have over three years of experience in assembly and one year of experience in setup Machine. I'm a person that work hard. I'm working hard on panel, I was build the wall box, any of panel types, and also prep cable fiber and leading cable to the cabinets. I have six month run Affixing machine operator as CPI Company.
Pros
clothes
Cons
good beake
Good people to work with and a small gym
Fiber Splicer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMarch 30, 2017
I love working with these people. Good working environment. My only complaint is that it always felt as if they were not willing to get new tools when necessary. The main reason I am leaving is because I feel like I deserve a better paycheck for my hard work. There is plenty of good job opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits, Nice people, Occasional rewards like free food
Cons
Wages
Overall Clearfield is a great company to work for.
Fiber Optic Specialist / Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 3, 2017
The company's overall motto innovation creativity and design is leading the industry. My overall view of Clearfield is that it is a great company to work for and the products practically sell themselves because they are so innovative.
Flexible and quiet.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 23, 2016
Only three people would work in the department that I used to work at, and that would be spooling cable for the customers of how many amount of length would they need. We work from size small to extra large.
An Okay company
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 2, 2015
If you like things handed to you unfinished and able to work through it with a team then this is the company for you. The projects people do work on tend to be poorly completed and most documentation is never accomplished.
Pros
Great working security as no one actually cares what you do everyday, some people spend all day on Facebook
Cons
For a supposedly progressive company their is a lack of competency int he workplace
Very flexible with work hours
Fiber Optic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 10, 2015
Everyday going to to work you had a assigned position. Do you would go to your position and start work. I learned about working independently, or team work when things are due. My co-workers were very helpful when you didnt understand how to do things. The hardest part of the job is when you start to learn something new, its confusing and hard but once you know how to do it its very simple. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all my co-workers everyday and when you accomplish goals fro the day.
Great place to work, but has a few flaws.
Account Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 7, 2015
Great people, but there's no where to move up and make more money within the small company.
caper and fiber
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2014
Cut cable, polished, measure, tested and use microscope. Wall boxes, cabinet, push able fiber, micro-duct and caper, fiber assemblies.
Hostile work environment
Fiber Optics Tester/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 25, 2013
From the very first day I started I received little to no training but was expected to figure things out on my own and STILL meet my daily quota. I spoke to the manager several times, who spoke to the person who was supposed to be training me, but still nothing, in fact, that person told the manager that I WAS trained. They expected me to run around looking for someone who could help me when I reached a problem. Got to be extremely embarrassing, completely destroyed what tiny self confidence I had built up doing assembly work in the previous years. Also, not a very diverse workplace. Alot of families, which means alot of "cliques". Quite a bit like high school.

Honestly, I could keep going and going.
Pros
Cons
Everything in that big paragraph, short breaks, measly pay, no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearfield, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Clearfield, Inc. Reviews by Location