Clearlink Employee Reviews

cd
Sales Agent for Vivint (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJanuary 15, 2019
good job just very poor decision making by superiors and the owner sold out to a big company which destroyed moral because incentives and work parties went away almost entierly
Pros
free soda
Cons
bad decisions by people in charge
A fancy call center rife with favoritism and nepotism
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 10, 2019
The Clearlink marketing department is full of cool, smart people, who are eager to work on exciting online marketing projects and strategies. Unfortunately, it's managed by a handful of bros and their friends who have been with the company from its early days.

What results is few and far between opportunities to work on innovative or new projects, while projects from higher-ups (which fail more often than not) are prioritized. The departmental culture is exhausting and many people burn out and leave after fighting for years for raises or promotions.

Avoid the boys' club, harassment, and frequent layoffs and find a better place to apply.
Pros
ping pong, free snacks, ski passes
Cons
management in general is lacking in quality, skill, and industry knowledge
Horrible environment and Leadership
Director, Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2018
Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone, especially not females. They are definitely a "Good Ole Boys" club that didn't support females in their roles.
Great!!
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 17, 2018
Great money! Great for college students! You can make as much money as you want, it is a $12 an hour base pay with uncapped commissions! Easy money!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2018
You usually take 10-20 calls a day, you are expected to make a sale every three calls. The hardest part of the job is customers rebuttals. The people that work there are probably the best part of the job. Everybody gets along, and are very nice.
Fine
Insurance service Coach (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2018
Lay off and demotions during "slow Season" aka winter. If you aren't making the company money you aren't really paid attention to. I get it's "business" doesn't make it any easier to swallow.
Good Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2018
I worked for the company for a about 9 months, and was pretty satisfied with the culture. but, when it came down to the benefits of the company that i felt like they would not do anything to help. I felt like they pushed more incentives out for representatives, but had to win the lottery to get the incentive. I loved working there overall! But, just wasn't satisfied being managed by "professionals".
Pros
Commission Based job.
Cons
No life
High turnover rate for a reason.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 20, 2018
They continuously churn classrooms of new people out because people are constantly leaving. I would say my biggest complaint was the adherence policy, it was taking micromanaging to a whole new level. Had great benefits, but heaven forbid you use them and need to request some time off for a doctor appt and you’ll end up working an extra 2 days to get your adherence back up to 80%
Pros
Great health insurance, wear what you want to work.
Cons
Adherence policy, management, easy to get fired
Enjoyable Experience.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 19, 2018
Clearlink eases you into sales and allows you to grow at your own pace. It isn't right for everyone, but is great for anyone who is open to expand their experience.
Didnt like it
Slave (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleNovember 17, 2018
Money to be made. Management will sell you another words tell you whatever you need to hear. Bunch a porky pies huge turn over no one makes it very long. Not recamended at all even tough times needing money. Waste a time and energy. Personally jus cant stand liers!!! Straight look you in your face and tell you whatever you wanted to hear rather than needed to hear
Pros
14.00 hr plus bonuses
Cons
All illutions
Great Company.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2018
Fantastic company to work for ! great culture, management and people. Awesome work structure and opportunities as well. There structure is set up for not only the company success but also yours both work wise and personally.
Pros
Pay, bonus, incentives, coaches, teams, schedule, snacks
Cons
Zero
High stress environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
I started working at Clearlink with the impression that there was going to be room for growth and improvement to better my skills as a sales marketer. I couldn't have been more wrong. Right off the bat it seemed like Clearlink was constantly hiring groups of people week after week, the reason being people are always leaving. The culture at Clearlink is to find anyway possible to get people to give you their money regardless of whether or not they need the product or service. People on the phones were very pushy or manipulative by withholding important information the customer needed to hear. That was the only way to meet daily sales goals. I felt sleazy everyday I worked there and overall not great about myself as a person. Clearlink is not the type of company I would feel proud to say I worked for.
Pros
$14/hour
Cons
Short breaks, supervisor always on your back, high stress to meet expected sales goals
3 Reasons to Consider before applying to Clearlink
Digital Analyst, Clearlink (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2018
I worked at Clearlink for over 3.5 years. I saw a lot of growth and opportunity. Like any other corporation, it has its pros and cons. I worked in marketing/data science so I can only speak to those departments. For the most part, the people are friendly, professional, and were a joy to work with. Compensation and benefits were fair. However, I believe Clearlink suffers from a few critical problems. 1) Those at the C-level don't fully understand the role of emerging technology. Clearlink's way has been to build almost everything in-house. As a result, Clearlink is 4-5 years behind the technological curve. The IT department is understaffed and has an enormous backlog of projects so programmers beware. 2) I used to think that culture was one of Clearlink's strengths. We enjoyed many company benefits, parties, and perks. However, since being acquired by Sykes International, many of those things have disappeared. They've been replaced with 'inclusivity' trainings, and diversity activities. The culture is hyper-sensitive to issues like LGBTQ+ rights and women's rights. So if those things are important to you, Clearlink is a great place to work. They value diversity of skin color, gender, sexual orientation, etc., but not diversity of opinion. 3) There are some absolutely wonderful people at Clearlink. People who are extremely knowledgable, helpful, and make great friends. However, in my opinion, the top brass have gone bad. They don't listen to those closest to the work, they don't understand the data, and they don't respect differences of opinion.

Overall, you'll find great
  more... people and challenging work. If you're careful about the three things I mentioned, you'll probably be successful working at Clearlink.  less
Pros
free snacks, ping pong, time off, ski passes
Cons
Executive management egos, hyper-sensitive culture, outdated technology
Super sketchy, don't work here if you have morals!
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 3, 2018
I worked here for a couple months in the insurance department, and the pay was good, and if I hadn't already had the licenses, they would have paid for them, which was pretty nice. However, once I got on the sales floor, they encouraged us to do some pretty sketchy things. You see, Clearlink sells for multiple companies, each paying Clearlink different amounts per policy, so my manager told us to lie about some carriers so we would sell more of the one the pays us the most.
This was a fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 31, 2018
This was a fun place to work I really enjoyed this job it wasn’t difficult at all it was a very fun place to work the payment was reasonable and the commission was reasonable
Pros
Free coffee machine free soda machine snacks and sometimes free lunch
Cons
The training class seem like a Cram course
Terrible workplace, negativity everywhere
Sales Coach Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2018
I don’t recommend this job. The worst thing about it, is the people. the job is alright. But the people that act as “coaches” are the worst people in the world.
Pros
Absolutely None (free soda)
Cons
Everything (besides free soda)
Super fun and outgoing workplace. You’re always surrounded by amazing, upbeat people. Everyone is there to help everyone.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 15, 2018
Coaches and Co-Workers are super nice, everyone helps everyone. you’re never stuck, and if you are, it’s not for long. They have such fun incentives every single month. The checks were so nice, you really couldn’t go wrong!
Pros
Free soda, Commission, Incentives
Cons
Schedule
Fun energetic culture
Sales Coach/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work, lots of incentives and employee recognition. Annual trips for top performers, and room for growth and advancement. Buy in to the culture and you will be successful at Clearlink.
Pros
Benefits paid for, tuition reimbursement, incentives
Cons
May have to work on weekends
Worst place ever
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  SlcOctober 3, 2018
Fake fake fake. Its all fake. If you look like barbie you will fit right in. A waste of over 3 years. I wouldnt recomend this to anyone looking for employment. They should be shut down
Pros
Nothing was worth the horror
Clear link was fun
Inside Sales/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 23, 2018
I loved working there for clearlink but wanted more for myself and my family. It was very competitive but not as consistent as I needed when it came to income. I did make a few life long friends while working there so I must say the environment was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearlink. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight