Clearlink Employee Reviews

Very stressful place to work
sales excutive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 9, 2018
Forced to use numerous computer programs all at the same time. Several that had programming flaws and would not operate correctly but employees are berated for not getting fast enough results. Very stressful.
Pros
work from home
Cons
No mercy if you struggle.
Call center
Sales Executive / Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 4, 2018
Call centers are notorious for being terrible. Clearlink however isnt so bad. The management and people you work with make the difference. Plus they have ping pong!
I don't let my friends apply here.
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 23, 2018
Stressful. If you are lucky, you have a team full of encouraging people who have your back but once in a while, there are people who are overly competitive and trying too hard to stick up to the management. Also, there is heavy favoritism, beware.

Otherwise, a good place to work with and build your career if you are young. Pay is great if you work for it.
People around me are awesome but the job is'nt the best
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2018
I love the people that I would work, I don't love the management and the favoritism at this job. Although it was fun and they had a slide which was kinda fun.
Aweful compant
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 1, 2018
Don’t waste your time here.

Worked there for 2 years and it’s absolute garbage.

They steal money, they don’t care for employees, and everyone is viewed as replaceable.
very competitive
Sales Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 27, 2018
Job itself wasn't the most fun but the people and environment was fun. Inbound sales and a lot of giveaways and incentives given out weekly. That part made it fun
I highly discourage this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2018
Let's start with how terrible training was. There were so many se*ual remarks blurted out in training. Right in front of management and they did nothing. This company is not for single moms. They have absolutely no respect or care towards family issues and family emergencies. Fired on the spot because my son had an emergency that was completely out of my control. Although I have a doctor's note for my son's emergency they showed me no mercy for being a struggling single mom. Would I ever reccomend this company to anyone.. nope. I was the only female on the night crew for a while and the guys would all make se*ual remarks, and they all literally would have their cell phones out at night but they're "supposed to be PCNI compliant". Management doesn't care about anybody but themselves and their numbers. I have a recording saying me missing a day would be able to be made up over two weeks... And got fired the next couple of days later. I never remember signing anything that said you can't miss work within the first thirty days... And yet they can't show any mercy for a single mother struggling to survive. Even when the child had a legit medical emergency. I have no family to watch my child and I told them that as well. They have a high turn over rate and this is why. The management is completely greedy for their commissions and don't actually care about their employees.
Cons
Management, lack of empathy, selfish
Fun and Relaxed
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 27, 2018
Go to work. Sign in and take inbound calls for people looking for internet providers in their area. We were encouraged to up sell phone lines and Direct TV packages.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Forced to up sell offer when not necessary
Cool Culture
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2018
Clearlink has a cool culture for marketing/corporate workers. It's not really a good place for those who are looking to grow their paycheck. Free golf and other perks make it livable.
Pros
Cool marketing culture, smart people
Cons
Low pay for market competitiveness
Great opportunity to make money
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTMarch 4, 2018
Its a tough job because you're doing over the phone sales, but if you are willing to work hard through the grind, you can make a lot of money with little to no experience in sales or a degree.
Perfect for someone looking to go into sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 27, 2018
If sales is your kind of thing, this job is perfect. Experience or not, they’ll push you in the right direction to become a top sales rep. The high-paced environment is very competitive while maintaining a fun and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Long, long list of benefits.
Cons
It’s a call center.
Best Call center job out there
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 12, 2018
I recently came to the conclusion that Working in a call center isn’t the life for me but out of all the call centers I’ve worked for Clearlink is by far the best!! The coaches and the environment are amazing. Although, it is still a call center and sitting down taking calls all day wasn’t for me but if that’s what you like to do then be my guest.
Some of the negative are the fact that many of the customers are calling in for customer service reasons or happen to be in areas with no service which means you can’t sell. It was hard when I felt like I was being judged for not converting more of my calls to sells, but honestly it just wasn’t possible. You have to sell at least 30% of your calls and make at least $1000 in Revenue a day which is possible depending on calls and your Attitude.
In conclusion, it’s a call center if you don’t like call centers you still won’t like it, but if that’s not the case its going to be an amazing company for you and you’ll have the opportunity to make great money.
Fun place
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2018
I love working there, amazing people, amazing culture and they promote within. They also have a lot of incentives and prizes. As long as you work hard, you will be rewarded.
Pros
prizes, trips, games
clearlink, great unless you are on ATT
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 6, 2018
Clearlink is an awesome company to work for, I left because of preston richards. besides playing favorites and stone walling anyone trying to get fair treatment from his favorite coach mark newman, Prestons other hobbies include: moving people to teams where they would not have access to a coach due to scheduling, maliciously torpedoing a representative he didnt likes chance at moving off his floor, and handing out redbulls like candy in a vain attempt at making his employees detest him less. while the rest of the company is great, and even prestons boss is great, I cannot recommend this position to others knowing full well ATT is their biggest hiring floor
Pros
free soda, flexible schedule, slide next to stairs (seriously)
Cons
preston richards, mark newman, Zef Martinez
Competitive and fun environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work was phone call after phone call. It didn't start out that way. The more you sale and the longer you're there, the higher you go up in queue, until you don't have any breaks between calls. (At least while I was there.)
Good enviroment
INSIDE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 26, 2018
It was a good job but the cons outweighed the pros, the management seemed to try to be your friend so much they wouldn't tell you the things you need to change and people randomly got fired all the time for something their manager knew about but didn't tell their reps
Fun place to work, but some drama.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work: come to work, clock in, and start taking calls. If you work full time you get two breaks and a lunch. The workplace was very calm and fun. Everyone was very friendly, but there was some drama. The hardest part of the job was talking to frustrated customers.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
Drama
Competitive and stressful, but really fun!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 17, 2018
You would start the day with free coffee or beverage, jump right into taking calls. You try to sell the customer on scheduling an appointment for the installation of the products. I learned how to sell/persuade the customer into purchasing the company's merchandise. Management was amazing until they started to make changes and many people either got let go or quit because of the changes. The competition side of the job was fun but very stressful, your so called coaches were breathing down your neck if you weren't meeting certain quotas. The hardest part of the job was the constant effort and lingo you had to use in order to have a "good day". I like to work there because I am a competitive person and I got along with a lot of the employees there. Once, a workplace isn't enjoyable or the employees aren't, lets say, fun, competing won't mean as much.
Pros
Free beverages and sometimes food
Cons
No one was good a ping pong
Clearlink is awesome
Data Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2018
Great fun culture that encourages a play hard work hard attitude. Everyone is great to work with and the company has lots of drive. It is a comfort to work for such a fast growing yet stable company.
Pros
Food, great leaders, fun projects, Free Golf, Free Skiing
High energy work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 9, 2018
Accepted inbound calls to assist customers that were looking for internet services. I would check the area to make sure it was provided to them and then build a package and provide them with a price quote. From there they would either decline or accept, if accepted we would go through the payment process and select a date for installation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearlink. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight