Clearwater Paper

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Just ok

Good benefits, upper management changed things constantly and didn't know what they were doing, couldn't just focus on the task at hand to make paper

Production Worker

Management is derived of complacent individuals who only look after themselves! There is literally no sense of teamwork or unison of any fashion! More often than not, daily tasks are performed in grueling heat. The work is not rewarding as your perpetuated daily work makes you feel like a hamster on a wheel. In addition to the mind numbing work, supervisors don’t hesitate to fail at their jobs. Schedules are mismanaged and the workplace is short staffed. Needless to say, overtime is abundant (which is financially appealing at first) and eliminates any chance of work/personal life balance! If you don’t mind being just another number in the work force, micromanaged, or overworked, then this is the place for you!!! Been there 7 years! Saw the writing on the wall year 3! Been actively trying to leave since! The catch 22 is the paychecks that attract you are the same paychecks that hinder you from leaving!

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Management, culture, lack of training and development

Hostile work environment

Management never creates employee morale, only wants to write you up for everything they can. Lots of micromanaging. It’s a good ol boy mentality there so if someone don’t like you, they’ll make sure you don’t succeed and progress and your work has no effect on it. You can’t trust coworkers or management. Each union contract the company wants to keep taking instead of leaving things how they are

Pros

4 day weekends

Cons

Poor morale

Work place culture and cohesiveness is not good.

Company is undergoing a lot of changes and are getting a head of themselves and people are getting injured and losing faith. Needs to go through management and thin it down some and start fresh.

Glad I got out after 7 years

The work is 12 hours a day. Lower management is alright to be around as they once used to be on the floor. Upper management doesn't have a clue whats going on. The company overall really tries to screw over their employees during contract time. Unions don't stand up and protect their people when needed. This place is only good for the big paychecks and that is it. Work can be hard and easy depending on the day and product being ran.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Need a new CEO

The current CEO has run this company into the ground. People are worried about the future of this company and their employment. Poor decisions made on a regular basis. Millions of dollars spent on cost saving projects that are not panning out. At the rate this company is wasting money there won't be a company left to work for.

stinky

the source of all lewistons stench is borne of this fowl plant. Work life is okay but its more enjoyable to speak of the reek that this place is the epicenter of.

Pros

okay

Cons

stinky

Continue to over forecast and can never meet targets so everyday is a downer.

Gives the street/investors false expectations and then the stock price dumps after every earnings call for not meeting targets. Every day at work is a beating to try and hit the unachievable targets. Pay is good so most people stay.

Pros

Good pay for area

Cons

No work life balance

summer to remember

Coming out of high school with the college before summer it a was a good place for the summer hire program. helped show the workforce and the extra cash before we hit college

A very productive company

I spent only a few months at the company in the Lewiston valley but I loved that laid back atmosphere and environment when I was living there. The company is really top notch and organized.

good pay and benefits. stressful culture

set schedule. good pay. good benefits. work schedule is ok in a sense of equal days on and off. work as many days as you have off (sort of, you have to account for "reset" time i.e. sleeping during the day). large company, union based as a production worker. very much felt like "a number" as opposed to an employee.

Great Job for the area

Clearwater paper was a fun, fast paced job at times and slow at others but overall good place to work. If they call me to come back I will be back. I was laid off for the time being.

Pros

4 days on and 4 off, also the pay for the area

Cons

Layoffs

Great place

This is a great company to work for. Our team had great teamwork and I loved working for such a great company. If I wasn't a temp employee I think it would be a awesome place to work.

productive fun workplace

Wake up early or wake up late depending on the shift. The people are what always makes it a fun environment, its like working with one big family. Excellent pay and benefits!

Summer Hire

Great job to have during the summer to help pay for college. They start you out at $12 an hour and you get a sold 40 hours a week. Great employees, Great Environment, and an all around great place to work

Pros

Pay, friendly people, great bosses, positive work environment

Cons

Productive good place to work

Supportive management, good work ethics with all my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.

A great learning environment with great teachers.

I learned a lot about what being a Millwright was going to be like. It was a very fun and challenging job. I loved everyone of my supervisors and co-workers.

Pros

Good pay, Good supervisors, Good co-workers

Cons

Summer Hires are not allowed to do everything a Journeymen Millwright does.

Clearwater Paper

Team meetings, safety check of equipment, the hardest part of my job was making sure I cut quality lumber. Clearwater Paper is a quality place for employment.

Safety is our number one priority

Review shift log Review time for 15-20 employees Prepare agenda for daily morning meeting Lead morning meeting/Stretch and Flex Directs team to daily assignments/projects Participate in various daily management meetings Walk through machines/bullpen Constantly monitoring machine uptime and production goals Most enjoyable: machines running smoothly and meeting production goals. Hardest Part: Maintaining employee moral

Pros

flexible schedule, minimal travel, additional training is highly encourage, work/life balance

Cons

healthcare, resistance to change

forklift operator for a fast paced company

operated and serviced forklift truck for a very large company. Worked in a very fast paced envirnment.

Pros

good pay

Cons

horrible schedule

good company to work for

would have stayed with this company forever given the chance . loss of my job was the sale of lewiston saw mill

Pros

good pay and benefits, well rounded training and positive safety programs

Cons

downturn of lumber industry was unavoidable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearwater Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss