Clearwater Paper

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

A good place to grow.

Plenty of opportunities for those that want to work for it . Expectations are increasingly difficult to meet. Not sure that's any different from anywhere else though. Lots of management changes and with each comes another approach. Sometimes it seems all we do is start over. Often without considering those who have potentially already experienced said new approach. Not enough collaboration with the front line. Too many suits making decisions about work someone else does without really understanding the actual work. Overall all a good company that strives to be better, and better we need to be. Keeping it real.

Pros

4 on 4 off shift. 2 days, 2 nights off 4.

Cons

Long 12 hr days and nights.

Quick paced and educational environment

I enjoyed working here, I was in high school at the time so it was a good experience. I learned basic work skills like time management and people skills.

Enjoyable

Great compensation and flexibility. Really feel empowered to learn and grow. The company as a whole is very people oriented and takes good care of its employees. Management will sometimes act without getting enough insights from all levels and cause a lot of failure when rolling things out.

Great pay and benefits but poor management

If you just Want to work and get paid this is the place to be but if you wanna advance you better be ready to pucker up your lips and start kissing... Well you know... This place is full of politics and favoritism.. They do what they want for who they want... So if your not in the click you better keep your expectations low.... Great pay and great benefits...

Pros

Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Politics and favoritism, poor culture...

Assembly line worker

Good job but machines would break down and it would take 20 min for someone to come fix it but it was good job co worker were good at least once a week someone went and got food

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Bad management

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Productive work enviroment, many opportunities to advance and learn.

Productive work enviroment with great team members. Many opportunities for advancement. Plenty of overtime hours for training avaliable. Flexible schedule four days on and four days off.

Culture issues

High turnover in hourly and salary personnel caused by bad culture. There is much backstabbing and no accountability. There are personnel working who are not earning their salary. They just hired a young engineer who was suppose to be leadership material and he did not show up to work the first day and never told the mill he would not show. Very poor judge of talent that is reflected in poor culture.

Clearwater temps

I started in February and we could see effect of this virus started at the end of February. Temps was being sent home a lot. That was the only bad thing. Everything else was very easy.

Good place

Good place to work enjoyed my time here wish I would’ve stayed good benefits and pay and ability to advance in your job. Things do get hard sometimes but better off to stick it out and stay

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Heat

Loved the people I worked with. Yes you work long hours, but the pay is good and the hours worked for me and my family. Management is not that great. They need to work out the kinks in that area and only then, it would be a great place to work.

Great people in operations

Excellent people in operations as operators, highly engaged, desire to produce and do what is right. Shift schedule however lends itself to high turnover rate.

Pros

Highly engaged operators

Cons

Senior Leadership self focused not employee focused

great place to work

Friendly people, great job. worked during the construction of the S2 Paper Mill, handled all construction drawings, documents and originated / revised drawings using Auto Cad.

Pros

great benifits

Cons

no complaints

Terrible management

I liked working there overall, I just could not stand the management. They did not care about their employees whatsoever. If there was a problem you had to fix it yourself. My boyfriend at the time & I were being discriminated against and they done absolutely nothing.

It’s not that bad of a

Overall was not a bad place when I started but management has went down hill since. Every machine I’ve run has been fairly simple to figure out despite the lack of experience from other employees to train. The best the about here is pay and benefits.

Great job

Enjoyed my time at Clearwater Paper. This was my first job in a plant and I learned a lot from my time there. The hours were long but I adjusted well I believe.

Hours suck management isn't great to much red tape

If you could do the job your hired for they're productivity would greatly improve too much bla,bla,bla. Not managed well. They want you to live here. For the kind of stuff your doing you should get paid maintenance wages.

Clearwater management

Management is very poor and they will not sign you off on raises even after passing tests and showing management that you can do the job. Can’t get any breaks because management claims that they are short staffed and can’t allow breaks. Make you work on your days off and notify you last minute that you have to work. Worst place ever to work!!!!!!!

Great company

Very great company to work for, hours were long but you get many days off, and lots of vacation, and sick days, very hot environment but was steady work and no lay offs ever.

Fast Paced Job

Great Job with Great Benefits and has a lot of good employees that work here. Only problem I have with Clearwater is the favoritism for job advancement here.

Benefits

Cons

favoritism

The pay is good

You have good days and then u have bad days but it’s not a bad place to work. Management is not the greatest but the company is working on changing things around

Worst place I've ever worked at in 25 years of working.

Management does not have a clue. They lie and say you get 4 days off. You will be mandated to work on your days off. If you do not it will count against you. Supervisors there step on others to look good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearwater Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss