Clearwater Paper

• Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

A good place to grow.

Plenty of opportunities for those that want to work for it . Expectations are increasingly difficult to meet. Not sure that's any different from anywhere else though. Lots of management changes and with each comes another approach. Sometimes it seems all we do is start over. Often without considering those who have potentially already experienced said new approach. Not enough collaboration with the front line. Too many suits making decisions about work someone else does without really understanding the actual work. Overall all a good company that strives to be better, and better we need to be. Keeping it real.

Pros

4 on 4 off shift. 2 days, 2 nights off 4.

Cons

Long 12 hr days and nights.

They will hire anyone

The less experience the better, no way any of these people are passing the aptitude test, the hardworkers are forced to do more work for same pay, while the lazy no account workers they advance them to get them out of the way, nothing is simple with this job, absolutely no management from hr to the lowest on the pole, half are on drugs, that's why they only do a urine test.

Pros

Off 4 days

Cons

Dont believe anything they tell you

Worked with temp. Service.

Clearwater is a great place to work at. I need something more permanent. I. Work for temp. Service . Need better pay and benefits. I hand stack 2 pack rolls of paper towels on pallets everyday, I do this for 12 hours a day.

Great Place To Work, Would recommend For anyone starting out in the job market

Great place to work, fast advancement for anyone willing to go the extra mile. Clean place, great training. Management are well trained, professional, Great with the employees. Care about the people that work there. Good atmosphere. Friendly, caring very educated.

Pros

wonderful workforce

never again

Did not receive one. Stressful environment, management need to take some classes. It is not an ideal place to work, only if it is the last option left.

Stressful

Management always wanted to micro manage. Made up rules as they wanted them, (ie, "I don't like you so you get in trouble for breaking a rule that I just made up, but I like him so he gets no repercussions for violating a LOTO") You have to be in the mind set of "How is this call going to get me fired" rather than "How could i get hurt answering this call"

Pros

People that work on the florr are good people

Cons

Management has something to prove and will trample you

Clear Water is very slow paced the machines stay down most the day

I didn't like clear water due to the lack of work that was done there. The machines stayed down and we would stand for hours with nothing to do I would rather be moving

Don’t work here

Poor management -need training. They want one perso to run around with there head cut off like there is nobody else on the team they can help. Pint system sucks

Pros

Cons

A lot-too many more to name

Bad management

Pay is good, benefits is good, and if you dont mind working most weekend schedule is good. But management is awful and your job is not secure there. If you like working with electronics and computers it's not terrible

Terrible Management

Management was just terrible here. We were hired with all there promises of pay advancements only to find out the pay advancements were nearly impossible to get. On top of that management never listened to any concerns anyone had about senor employees treating new people badly. It was not a great place to work.

Pros

Pay, 4 days on 4 days off, benifits

Cons

bad work environment, management

wouldn't recommend this company

They only take you through temp agencies pay is terrible no stability no insurance no paid vacations no time off you work long hours and hours worked isn't on paycheck. Worst company I have worked for

typical day at clearwater

The job is a decent place to work, very fast pace at times.it can also be very stressful as well. especially when the winder machine or the core machine want to act not functional.The really bad thing I hate is they is not on giving you your raise when its time to give it to you.Im still waiting on mines now.

Its not bad its just the temp service

Clearwater is not a bad place to be its actually a good work environment its fast pace and you work for 12 hours but its Worth it its just the temp service that's horrible

Excellent Company

Would highly recommend this company to anyone. Absolutely great environment. Great schedule, 4 12 hour shifts, off for four days. Management was amazing, coworkers were friendly and helpful.

Long hours and weird shift

Overall pay is not bad but the hours are long and the place is hot. Lots of walking and very strict attendence policy. Strenuous work and not long for breaks.

Managment was bad

The work I did was boring. I wish there was other things to do there to keep you moving. Overall it was a OK job except I didn't get enough hours per week.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes.

Cons

Short breaks

Decent Job, Poor Management

The job is decent, and the schedule is nice (not to mention great benefits)- but the mill manager is eccentric? to say the least (acts like he's had 10 red bulls everytime you see him). He's very opinionated and talks CONSTANTLY but never listens, and seems to have a short attention span. Sat in on a meeting once, thought he was taken notes....he was drawing stars.

Benefits

Cons

Mill Manager

It was alright

Good people, quick paced...constant movement and also you had to be prepared for down times, and always stay alert and awake, the continuous flow of watching paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls can be hypnotizing and also make you sleepy...lol

Liked time off, no management

very fast-paced and stressful, fun people to work with, long hrs but quite few days off, different boss every few months, hard to take vacation , management does not listen

Pros

free lunches, lot days off

Cons

no expereince, breaks hard to come by

Fast paced work environment

I worked through a temp agency so I can only tell you that the temps were treated as beneath everyone there including the management, but the actual workers for the company from what I heard and could tell were very well taken care of...

Pros

Pizza if you hit goal

Cons

If you don't work directly for the company you're in for some long hard hours...

Horrible,discriminated

You stand there for 12 hours straight staring at toilet paper that goes by and have to inspect and throw any bad toilet paper away to the recycle bin.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clearwater Paper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss