Clearway Energy

Clearway Energy Employee Reviews

overall good place to work
Clearway energy was purchased by GIP from NRG energy. It's a new established company and still in the transition stage. New management has been working hard to make a smooth transition.
Good jobs ruined by poor management
At the Clearway Energy Pittsburgh plants, there are good jobs with job security and growth. Sadly though, they're plagued overall by many major issues.

The biggest glaring issue is that management doesn't seem to care or know what they are doing, along with having no formal management skills or education. Many workers are being forced to work tons of overtime due to the high turnover rate and the fact that hiring and training new employees seems to be an impossible task for management.

Growth is usually a good problem to have, but not when there are already skeleton crews running the facilities and being overworked. The wages offered are also lower than what most facilities (with less responsibility) in the area offer. The compensation has a lot to do with the loss of workers and the inability to attract top talent.

The morale has never been worse and several of the best workers have left recently. It's a good place to get experience and possibly move on to somewhere well managed with better compensation.
Sad Place to Work
I would stay clear. Only pro is pay and benefits, but everything else I would rate as one. There are challenges then there is Clearway. No resources. It may get better once the transition from NRG systems are complete, but right now turnover is becoming an issue. New employee are expected to be up and running in a month and they are not given time to train just throw in the deep end. So expectations are unrealized and the tools you are given to complete your job are limited.
Pros
Benefits and pay are above average
Cons
Lack of training, lack of communication, poor management
Excellent work environment and people
You always hit the ground running. The office environment is high energy and very positive. All the functional groups work well together to help the company make forward progress and succeed.
Review NRG
The CEO was rough, he blamed his errors on others and I felt like this was not the place for me. Minor infractions were brought up in company wide meetings.
Pros
Hi pay
Cons
Attitude
Job seekers rely on your experience.
A good work culture with emphasis on respect and team work.. A high sense of mission.
A good work culture with emphasis on respect and team work. Also a high sense of mission. Open work environment enhanced the ability to work together.
Challenging, productive environment
Very forward thinking company, fast paced, aggressive, yet calculated in terms of diligence on new opportunities or projects; during my time there, too many new business initiatives lead to a lack of focus and some errant acquisitions and market moves..
This was a fantastic place to work
Challenging position with a great group of professionals. The work day went by quickly but a lot got done. My job was very enjoyable and I would go back if my position were still available. There is a great opportunity for advancement and relocation as it is the largest power producer/retail power company in America.
Pros
Great Team and top notch managers from company President to site manager.
Cons
My job had me 7 years of first call for plant problems 24/7/365, I had a certain travel radius I had to be in except for my scheduled vacations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clearway Energy?
Low Keyed, small team environment
Work schedule is planned, safety is high priority, team work is optimum. lot of interaction with contractors, many environmental concerns and task due to sensitive resources onsite.
Opportunity to grow.
Company gives opportunity to expand to learn new things at work.
It gives importance to face to face meeting with other team members working at different locations.
Great work culture
I appreciate the time spent learning new things with data, database and analytics. everybody was helpful and I did my best to help others. I will recommend NRG to anyone seeking to advance their career.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
non
Interesting and diverse group of people with a goal for advancing the Renewable Energy sector
I have learned and am continuing to learn about the solar industry. There is a lot of growth in this company and many changes which are occurring. Unfortunately I believe that there needs to be some changes in management style for the company to truly maximize their potential.
Pros
Benefits/Compensation
Cons
Management Style