Cleary Building Corp. Employee Reviews

Cleary awful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHFebruary 11, 2019
This company is a pure joke. Management is very incompetent and will straight steal hours off your check and call it "drive time". Prepare to be lied to straight to your face, sometimes its almost amusing because you know its a straight up lie already, but they'll just go on and on, or try to play games with you.
Safety is not a concern there at CLEARY, prepare to be told to cut corners that are unbelievably unsafe. Foreman at the time was an interesting little guy, had a temper that'll get him seriously hurt oneday. Obviously wasn't getting any at home.
Reading over the comments management tries to justify their actions from others who reviewed, they'll do it to this one I'm sure, but best believe they all are pretty accurate.

CLEARY has a long way to go to get anywhere near successful.
Cons
Fun environment but bad management
Builder (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIFebruary 5, 2019
Good company, co-workers and foreman were good people. But the guy that hires who is also the manager does not understand building concepts. But besides that it’s a god time.
Pros
Friendly and paired nice
Cons
Manager
They don't care about you
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 22, 2019
Everyone in management will be quick to throw you under the bus to save their own butts and the foremen are even worse. Management has no clue how to enforce rules and will find any loophole they can within their own policies to get what they want. The foremen are self-righteous, hypocritical, sneaky snakes, and are very short tempered and I even had one put his hands on me in an attempt to get in a fight.. Right on the worksite!! Would not recommend anyone work here as they do not show any signs of caring for their employees unless they are making the company some decent money.
Pros
Cons
Bad personnel creating poor work enviornment
A joke
Construction Foreman (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Ever since the day I started all they did was lie to me. From pay to travel to pto to training. It's TRUE that they don't care about the employees and have no concept on how to run a company. The only thing worse than working for Cleary is having them build a building for you. In the year I worked there I saw 17 people come and go including branch management, regional management, crew, and a few salespeople. They also dont want to pay you so you have to watch every paycheck and argue to get paid. I'd stay clear if you can
Pros
Cons
See above
February 8, 2019

We are sorry to hear of the concerns that have been relayed, and would like the opportunity to talk with you further about these issues and your situation and the details involving your experiences with our company. We always take any complaints of inappropriate behavior very seriously and always look to provide the best work environment available for all of our 1,000 employees. I would welcome you to contact me at our Corporate office Monday through Friday between 0800 and 5pm to discuss further. Thank you. - Brian Ransom, General Manager of Eastern Operations.

Extremely poor safety culture, terrible management.
Construction Worker/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJanuary 14, 2019
Foreman are hostile, verbally abusive and unwilling to teach new employees. The safety culture is virtually nonexistent; hard hats and safety glasses are not used or even issued to employees. I ended up bringing my own. The seasoned workers will frequently cut corners by being unsafe in order to save time, and frequently ask other workers to do so. Structures are frequently climbed and walked on using no safety gear whatsoever, and seat belts are not used when driving. The work-life balance was terrible. You may possibly end up travelling for work for sometimes months at a time. Definitely do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Everything else
worse place to ever work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILJanuary 8, 2019
they cheat you on hours and pay when i first started they would talk about how good the pay is and all this but then when you receive your check they would switch up your actual working hours with drive time so while you would expect a $400-500 check it would at a average be $150-250 by the time they are done playing with it and when you mention it to management they give you a whole run around.
not happy
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILJanuary 1, 2019
great pay management sucks get to see a lot of the us because they are located everywhere but comes at a price of missing your family a lot. loved the work hated the way its ran
Pros
good pay get to travel
Cons
poor managment
Horrible company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NDDecember 31, 2018
salesman would not take care of their customers at all. they put up by far the worst constructed building ever.if you do a search for cleary buildings reviews it speaks for itself.
Pros
Cons
many
Stay away, do not work for these people.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Midwest, IADecember 19, 2018
Stay away from these people. You can not believe anything that they say. If their lips are moving they are lying. They will not help you, but they will ride you into the ground. No common sense, worst managed company ever. Owners are incompetent. Their system will never allow you to have a satisfied customer. Buildings never get built on time and very poor quality work. Do not waste your reputation for these people.
Pros
Cons
Everything is a Lie
January 17, 2019

We do not know who wrote this, but certainly disagree with its content. We have been in business successfully for 42 years, and that success does not come through lies, it comes through building a reputation built on trust and respect between our team and our clients. Our A+ rating through the Better Business Bureau along with a 99% lifetime customer satisfaction rating also certainly proves the commentary that we “will never have a satisfied customer” to be blatantly untrue. I am more than willing to discuss the commentary posted with this person directly should they choose to announce themselves more than just an area in which this post is derived. We are proud of our company, we are proud of the relationships with the Cleary family of clients we have built, we are proud of the team we have that work tirelessly to take care of those clients, and we will maintain those relationships through honesty, integrity and the company values that we hold so dear.

Ron Kempkers
Senior General Manager of Operations, Western Division

Good company to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 15, 2018
If you don’t mind traveling this is a great job with tons of Opportunities to advance in the company. I would highly recommend workin with this company to anyone
Terrible comoany
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTNovember 27, 2018
The never have steady hours. Pay cheated aren’t enough to live off of. They seemed to be shorting my checks. I couldn’t make payments on any of my bills
December 11, 2018

We have reviewed this post by the alleged former employee and we take serious issue with the comments made, as they are simply untrue. This specific office is one of our most successful in the entire western Unites States, and it is so because of the great team of branch and field personnel we have in place. Work is and has been very steady; overtime has been all but unlimited; and our team has done an outstanding job taking advantage of opportunity. We take allegations like this very serious and we did follow-up on these concerns by interviewing other members of the team for any inconsistencies in our compensation practices, and absolutely none were uncovered. Unfortunately, anonymous posts do not allow us to review information with the parties making the allegations, and that would certainly benefit their perception, as well as allowing us to fix any unknown errors. We are confident that we have a great team in Payson, UT that complies with all policies and procedures regarding proper compensation of our employees.

Sincerely,
Cleary Building Corp. Management

Fun hard labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 3, 2018
Work hard and Fast there is traveling must be physically fit must not be scared of heights must be able to bust your butt everyday. And give your all.
Interesting experience.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 26, 2018
While I wouldn't recommend this place of work to anyone, I did learn quite a bit on the job. I went into this job not quite knowing what to expect, so I appreciated the opportunity to grow.
Great crews
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Franktown, COOctober 26, 2018
Crews are great, pay/hours not so great. You learn a lot about construction of pole barns from digging holes, setting poles, frame out and steel sheeting installation
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
good company
Building Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COOctober 10, 2018
easy to work for, the goals set were easily reached, got to meet a lot of people. good benefits. The only negative was sometimes communication with the main office was difficult
Pros
company vehicle, expenses reimbursed
Cons
somewhat heavy handed rules
bad enviornment
Labor (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIOctober 9, 2018
Back breaking hard labor for little pay and bad management with cut throat people. Who does not care about there employee's only about production. With outdated equipment that requires 10 hours of being on your knees bending and hammering all day.
Cons
Draw cad plans for basic buildings
AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 25, 2018
- draw plans for post frame buildings using auto cad
- no shortage of work, extended to overtime frequently
- management is okay, other departments are frustrating
- typical office environment, not a lot of social interaction
- dealing with poorly planned buildings and fixing others missteps
- auto cad team is kind and helpful
Pros
not many pros
Cons
almost always on overtime
Loved the work but poor branch management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WISeptember 24, 2018
The typical day you start at 6 am get into the company truck and drive to the site which was typically an hour a way very good people on the crew but the job hours were never enough and between banking hours on the next job and etc and poor planning on the utility vehicles like scissors lifts and etc and couldnt use them so those would burn up hours to and put us behind and would be taken off on pay as well.
Branch Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 21, 2018
Stay away from this company. They don't care about their employees only the bottom line which is how much money they can stuff in their pockets. You will never have a career at Cleary. If your not corporate your not safe.
Pros
N/a
Cons
They don't care about you or your family.
Outside sales
Branch Manager, Chouteau Ok (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 15, 2018
Sales guys only required to be in the office for 4 hours per week. You had to sell a building every 2 weeks or you would be on a report reviewed by the CEO. If you sell it it, you have to see the Cleary crew does a great fast job in completing the project. You had to keep your sales pipeline flowing at the same time.
Pros
New car and gas card
Cons
HIgh pressure sales and production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleary Building Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.