Cleary Building Corp. Employee Reviews

Fun hard labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 3, 2018
Work hard and Fast there is traveling must be physically fit must not be scared of heights must be able to bust your butt everyday. And give your all.
Great crews
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Franktown, COOctober 26, 2018
Crews are great, pay/hours not so great. You learn a lot about construction of pole barns from digging holes, setting poles, frame out and steel sheeting installation
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
good company
Building Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franktown, COOctober 10, 2018
easy to work for, the goals set were easily reached, got to meet a lot of people. good benefits. The only negative was sometimes communication with the main office was difficult
Pros
company vehicle, expenses reimbursed
Cons
somewhat heavy handed rules
bad enviornment
Labor (Current Employee) –  Verona, WIOctober 9, 2018
Back breaking hard labor for little pay and bad management with cut throat people. Who does not care about there employee's only about production. With outdated equipment that requires 10 hours of being on your knees bending and hammering all day.
Cons
Draw cad plans for basic buildings
AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 25, 2018
- draw plans for post frame buildings using auto cad
- no shortage of work, extended to overtime frequently
- management is okay, other departments are frustrating
- typical office environment, not a lot of social interaction
- dealing with poorly planned buildings and fixing others missteps
- auto cad team is kind and helpful
Pros
not many pros
Cons
almost always on overtime
Loved the work but poor branch management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WISeptember 24, 2018
The typical day you start at 6 am get into the company truck and drive to the site which was typically an hour a way very good people on the crew but the job hours were never enough and between banking hours on the next job and etc and poor planning on the utility vehicles like scissors lifts and etc and couldnt use them so those would burn up hours to and put us behind and would be taken off on pay as well.
Branch Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 21, 2018
Stay away from this company. They don't care about their employees only the bottom line which is how much money they can stuff in their pockets. You will never have a career at Cleary. If your not corporate your not safe.
Pros
N/a
Cons
They don't care about you or your family.
Outside sales
Branch Manager, Chouteau Ok (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 15, 2018
Sales guys only required to be in the office for 4 hours per week. You had to sell a building every 2 weeks or you would be on a report reviewed by the CEO. If you sell it it, you have to see the Cleary crew does a great fast job in completing the project. You had to keep your sales pipeline flowing at the same time.
Pros
New car and gas card
Cons
HIgh pressure sales and production.
I wouldn’t recommend this place
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 16, 2018
Bad management stemming for the whole micro management tactics. Was told I wouldn’t have to travel that ended up being a joke. The trainer was not pleasant at all. I found a better Job within a couple days of quitting last winter.
Pros
Pay was fair at best
Cons
Bad management
I enjoy interacting with the staff and clientele.
Branch Secretary/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franktown, COAugust 8, 2018
Cleary Building Corp is an okay place to work. I work Monday through Friday in a fast pasted environment. The majority of the staff I encounter on a daily basis is very friendly.
Poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 7, 2018
When I was hired for Cleary I thought it was some top notch construction company, only to find out this place was a joke. Poor management every employee was kind of everywhere. Always had down time because our jobs were not planned out good enough. Was fired for telling the boss that the company was a joke.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No consistency
They are not fair people!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSAugust 7, 2018
This is a one sided company not a good place to work they mess up your pay and say we will fix it next week and when on job want you to give 200% to make up for someone who doesn’t work that they pay
Pros
Cons
Health Care they offer sucks
Met many nice people in the course of my employment
Branch Manager, Sales, (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILMarch 23, 2018
Very stressful, high paced micro-managed type environment.

The product that they sold was a good product however some of the practices that were followed I did not agree with.
Pros
This job allowed me to be outside and meet people.
Cons
Level of integrity at an upper admin. level was less than stellar.
Lots of Learning
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gilman, ILMarch 20, 2018
This job you wil leanr every aspect of pole barn construction as well as time management to complete jobs based on hours alloted. This is a great job for peer learning and deveolpment of project management.
Productive work place
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILMarch 19, 2018
This job was an awesome job. Taught me so many things. I could say so much about this job. Everyday was an adventure and learning experience !. The most enjoyable part was being able to build at work!
A nice yet fast paced job most days.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cameron, MOMarch 3, 2018
I work an eight hour day, one hour for lunch, Monday - Friday. I work an occasional Saturday. There are several reports to do each day & the usual office duties. Most communication is by email. I have learned much since starting full time.

Corporate wants an Administrative Secretary to also be the cleaning lady which can be trying.

I think the pay is low compared to other businesses when looking at the job duties and expectations.

The current branch manager and salesman are very nice & easy to work with. We work as a team to get things done.

There was an opportunity to meet the owner & his wife once when they visited our branch. They seemed to be very nice people. I appreciated the fact that they spent time to visit the branches, saw how business was going, looked into the facility we worked in each day and said hello to people who worked for them.

People in various departments at the corporate level & secretaries at other branches have been very friendly when help is needed so I don't feel so isolated here. I try to reciprocate as well.
Pros
It is an actual full time job. Paid vacation is provided, health, life, dental & vision insurance. I like to learn new things in this job. I enjoy meeting new clients, some of whom are my neighbors.
Cons
401K doesn't match for 3 years. No sick leave. Pay rate is low.
money
Forman (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 29, 2018
Can make good money if you are willing to be gone from home 6 days a week with 14 hour days. management only cares about getting the job done, no help if any issues arise. can work very short handed most of the time
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone ! Every person in Sparta office quite in last month
Foreman - Construction (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJanuary 23, 2018
Place is a joke poor management! Never know what’s going on! Company only cares about completions and not there employees! Never get raises insurance is outrageous and don’t cover anything!
Be Willing to Work
Foreman in Training (Current Employee) –  Lemars, IAJanuary 21, 2018
On a whole Cleary is a decent place to work. It has its good and bad qualities, just like any other organization. The pace and type of work is set for a fast pace and hard physical work.
Not bad job
Construction (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 5, 2018
The job it's self was awesome some travel but not bad me and the general manager did not get along but that was the only down fall of this job overall I enjoyed it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleary Building Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.