Cleary Building Corp. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Company
BSS Salesman (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 15, 2018
We would be forced to lie to people on a daily basis. They made us sell jobs that are not possible to finish. They made the homeowners pay the job out before finishing the work. They would take money out of a salesman's bonus if workers ran late on building barns. This is a very bad place to work. Do not work here.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Lying to people.
Met many nice people in the course of my employment
Branch Manager, Sales, (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILMarch 23, 2018
Very stressful, high paced micro-managed type environment.

The product that they sold was a good product however some of the practices that were followed I did not agree with.
Pros
This job allowed me to be outside and meet people.
Cons
Level of integrity at an upper admin. level was less than stellar.
Lots of Learning
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gilman, ILMarch 20, 2018
This job you wil leanr every aspect of pole barn construction as well as time management to complete jobs based on hours alloted. This is a great job for peer learning and deveolpment of project management.
Productive work place
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILMarch 19, 2018
This job was an awesome job. Taught me so many things. I could say so much about this job. Everyday was an adventure and learning experience !. The most enjoyable part was being able to build at work!
money
Forman (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 29, 2018
Can make good money if you are willing to be gone from home 6 days a week with 14 hour days. management only cares about getting the job done, no help if any issues arise. can work very short handed most of the time
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone ! Every person in Sparta office quite in last month
Foreman - Construction (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJanuary 23, 2018
Place is a joke poor management! Never know what’s going on! Company only cares about completions and not there employees! Never get raises insurance is outrageous and don’t cover anything!
Be Willing to Work
Foreman in Training (Current Employee) –  Lemars, IAJanuary 21, 2018
On a whole Cleary is a decent place to work. It has its good and bad qualities, just like any other organization. The pace and type of work is set for a fast pace and hard physical work.
Not bad job
Construction (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 5, 2018
The job it's self was awesome some travel but not bad me and the general manager did not get along but that was the only down fall of this job overall I enjoyed it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager
deadlines, deadlines, deadlines
Construction Carpentry (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIDecember 15, 2017
get the work out to meet customer deadlines, management doesn't interact with workers unless they need to "expedite" projects. Not somewhere I would ever work again.
Pros
Construction experience
Cons
Management does not care about workers at all
attention to detail and strong math skills required
Supervisor/ Framer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NEDecember 12, 2017
Working in all seasons in Nebraska can be difficult especially when it can be challenging to retain good, dependable labor. It is very exciting to be able to build a post-frame building is as little as one week and then get to see the reaction of the owners.
Fun workplace, great benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYDecember 8, 2017
Great benefits and good hours. The customers are great people. I learned a lot about administrative work, and had good teachers. I wish the Frankfort office hadn't closed.
Pros
People. The benefits and hours.
Cons
Frankfort office closed.
not enough hours
Construction Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH 45373November 29, 2017
great place to work, but not enough hour.
very relaxed place to work
managment was understandiing of a family emergencies
working there is a gerat opprutunity to advace
Wonderful work
Building Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILNovember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the work. Meeting with clients, figuring their wants and needs for a building and then showing them the best possible solution to meet their budget.
Pros
Openess of job, ability to make own schedule
Cons
follow up training for struggling sales
Great Company
Building Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 13, 2017
Great company, great product, great people. This would be a great company for anyone looking to start a new career. Upper management is accessible and willing to help in any way they can.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Pace is slow
Inefficient management and poor work ethic from management and sales
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  WyomingOctober 24, 2017
Management falls to the office manager , but is not reinforced by branch managers . Office staff is expected to work more than the BOM or BSS , but be paid less. Office Managers and secretaries are not treated with any respect . Phone messages from customers go unreturned by sales people , and secretaries are expected to apologize and make customers happy . Build dates given to customers are most often promised well before a crew can get to a building , but secretaries are expected to appease customers and make them happy instead of explaining that the salesmen made a mistake . Pay rate is to low for the amount of work expected .
Pros
good support system of other secretaries in company, some very nice people .
Cons
Inefficient, low salary, lack of respect from salespeople and managers, problems are ignored and not taken care of with personell .
I enjoy coming to work every day
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wellington, KSOctober 13, 2017
Good office management. Crews get along well. We all work as a team to help each other out. We take pride in what we do. There is an open line of communication with corporate which makes daily tasks run smooth and finding answers to questions quickly.
I loved this job!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Gilman, ILOctober 11, 2017
I felt a level of value with CBC while working at my particular branch. If I hadn't decided to relocate to Texas, I'd still be there. My boss was pretty understanding of personal matters and the crewmen were so much fun!
Pros
Hour lunch and still a full 8-hr day
Cons
no room for advancement; expensive health benefits
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Garland, UTOctober 9, 2017
Love my job, co-workers and management team. Pretty relaxed office environment most of the time! They encourage you to better yourself had have opportunities to do so as well!
benefits
great work envirnment
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIOctober 9, 2017
it was fun job pleasant people to work with worked as a team safe environment learned new skills on the job training,actually worked in different departments
Pros
great pay
Cons
longer breaks
Team Environment
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 9, 2017
Being employed here for many years I have seen people come and go and also many return after looking for greener grass elsewhere and not finding it. The great thing about working for Cleary is the grass is as green as the work you put in and they show monetary appreciation for a job well done. The work has a sense of urgency so never gets stale. You meet a lot of awesome people and the ones that can't handle the pressure, are not team players and take no ownership of their jobs move on. There is a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the week to look back at a completed Building a customer has been dreaming about for years. Pay is very competitive and loyalty and teamwork is part of the culture.
Pros
Holidays, vacations, Incentives and bonuses.
Cons
Sometimes long weeks