Cleary Building Corp. Employee Reviews

Outside sales
Branch Manager, Chouteau Ok (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 15, 2018
Sales guys only required to be in the office for 4 hours per week. You had to sell a building every 2 weeks or you would be on a report reviewed by the CEO. If you sell it it, you have to see the Cleary crew does a great fast job in completing the project. You had to keep your sales pipeline flowing at the same time.
Pros
New car and gas card
Cons
HIgh pressure sales and production.
Low pay poor benifits some management over bearing andhsrsh
Builder (Former Employee) –  Verona, WISeptember 13, 2018
Poor pay even for longest time employees I was told in case of a tornado to go lay in a water filled ditch!!!! Most co workers were friendly and helpful
Pros
Cons
Many
I wouldn’t recommend this place
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 16, 2018
Bad management stemming for the whole micro management tactics. Was told I wouldn’t have to travel that ended up being a joke. The trainer was not pleasant at all. I found a better Job within a couple days of quitting last winter.
Pros
Pay was fair at best
Cons
Bad management
Poor management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 7, 2018
When I was hired for Cleary I thought it was some top notch construction company, only to find out this place was a joke. Poor management every employee was kind of everywhere. Always had down time because our jobs were not planned out good enough. Was fired for telling the boss that the company was a joke.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
No consistency
They are not fair people!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSAugust 7, 2018
This is a one sided company not a good place to work they mess up your pay and say we will fix it next week and when on job want you to give 200% to make up for someone who doesn’t work that they pay
Pros
Cons
Health Care they offer sucks
Met many nice people in the course of my employment
Branch Manager, Sales, (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, ILMarch 23, 2018
Very stressful, high paced micro-managed type environment.

The product that they sold was a good product however some of the practices that were followed I did not agree with.
Pros
This job allowed me to be outside and meet people.
Cons
Level of integrity at an upper admin. level was less than stellar.
Lots of Learning
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gilman, ILMarch 20, 2018
This job you wil leanr every aspect of pole barn construction as well as time management to complete jobs based on hours alloted. This is a great job for peer learning and deveolpment of project management.
Productive work place
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILMarch 19, 2018
This job was an awesome job. Taught me so many things. I could say so much about this job. Everyday was an adventure and learning experience !. The most enjoyable part was being able to build at work!
A nice yet fast paced job most days.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cameron, MOMarch 3, 2018
I work an eight hour day, one hour for lunch, Monday - Friday. I work an occasional Saturday. There are several reports to do each day & the usual office duties. Most communication is by email. I have learned much since starting full time.

Corporate wants an Administrative Secretary to also be the cleaning lady which can be trying.

I think the pay is low compared to other businesses when looking at the job duties and expectations.

The current branch manager and salesman are very nice & easy to work with. We work as a team to get things done.

There was an opportunity to meet the owner & his wife once when they visited our branch. They seemed to be very nice people. I appreciated the fact that they spent time to visit the branches, saw how business was going, looked into the facility we worked in each day and said hello to people who worked for them.

People in various departments at the corporate level & secretaries at other branches have been very friendly when help is needed so I don't feel so isolated here. I try to reciprocate as well.
Pros
It is an actual full time job. Paid vacation is provided, health, life, dental & vision insurance. I like to learn new things in this job. I enjoy meeting new clients, some of whom are my neighbors.
Cons
401K doesn't match for 3 years. No sick leave. Pay rate is low.
money
Forman (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 29, 2018
Can make good money if you are willing to be gone from home 6 days a week with 14 hour days. management only cares about getting the job done, no help if any issues arise. can work very short handed most of the time
Wouldn’t recommend to anyone ! Every person in Sparta office quite in last month
Foreman - Construction (Former Employee) –  Sparta, WIJanuary 23, 2018
Place is a joke poor management! Never know what’s going on! Company only cares about completions and not there employees! Never get raises insurance is outrageous and don’t cover anything!
Be Willing to Work
Foreman in Training (Current Employee) –  Lemars, IAJanuary 21, 2018
On a whole Cleary is a decent place to work. It has its good and bad qualities, just like any other organization. The pace and type of work is set for a fast pace and hard physical work.
Not bad job
Construction (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 5, 2018
The job it's self was awesome some travel but not bad me and the general manager did not get along but that was the only down fall of this job overall I enjoyed it
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager
deadlines, deadlines, deadlines
Construction Carpentry (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIDecember 15, 2017
get the work out to meet customer deadlines, management doesn't interact with workers unless they need to "expedite" projects. Not somewhere I would ever work again.
Pros
Construction experience
Cons
Management does not care about workers at all
attention to detail and strong math skills required
Supervisor/ Framer (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NEDecember 12, 2017
Working in all seasons in Nebraska can be difficult especially when it can be challenging to retain good, dependable labor. It is very exciting to be able to build a post-frame building is as little as one week and then get to see the reaction of the owners.
Fun workplace, great benefits.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYDecember 8, 2017
Great benefits and good hours. The customers are great people. I learned a lot about administrative work, and had good teachers. I wish the Frankfort office hadn't closed.
Pros
People. The benefits and hours.
Cons
Frankfort office closed.
not enough hours
Construction Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Troy, OH 45373November 29, 2017
great place to work, but not enough hour.
very relaxed place to work
managment was understandiing of a family emergencies
working there is a gerat opprutunity to advace
Wonderful work
Building Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILNovember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the work. Meeting with clients, figuring their wants and needs for a building and then showing them the best possible solution to meet their budget.
Pros
Openess of job, ability to make own schedule
Cons
follow up training for struggling sales
Great Company
Building Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 13, 2017
Great company, great product, great people. This would be a great company for anyone looking to start a new career. Upper management is accessible and willing to help in any way they can.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Pace is slow
Inefficient management and poor work ethic from management and sales
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  WyomingOctober 24, 2017
Management falls to the office manager , but is not reinforced by branch managers . Office staff is expected to work more than the BOM or BSS , but be paid less. Office Managers and secretaries are not treated with any respect . Phone messages from customers go unreturned by sales people , and secretaries are expected to apologize and make customers happy . Build dates given to customers are most often promised well before a crew can get to a building , but secretaries are expected to appease customers and make them happy instead of explaining that the salesmen made a mistake . Pay rate is to low for the amount of work expected .
Pros
good support system of other secretaries in company, some very nice people .
Cons
Inefficient, low salary, lack of respect from salespeople and managers, problems are ignored and not taken care of with personell .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleary Building Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.