Cleaver-Brooks Employee Reviews

Productive Work Environment
Boiler System Technician (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 14, 2018
Great place for build experience. A 40 hour Work schedule is normal.Overall an great place to work with a great culture, and wonderful company benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Dangerous Job Environment
Their Way or the Highway
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJune 5, 2018
There was no room for discussion on items that needed to be done. If was always Managements way or you were out the door. Especially on Corporate's side. Several people in Corporate were terminated on the spot while I was there for ridiculous reasons. I left because I had several medical issues at the time and my Supervisor wanted me to make arrangements for my appointments to be after hours, as if that was possible.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks, Long Hours
Milwaukee office
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2018
The Milwaukee office is a good office. Everyone seems to get along well. I am fairly new to the company. Can't remember the last time someone from a human resources department actually sat down with me and explained the benefits and policies one on one. the communication between plants doesn't seem very good. the benefits and the pay are pretty good. If i leave it will be for more money. Managers and supervisors are good.
Pros
employee meetings and free lunch and breakfast
Cons
office space is pretty small
Very bad place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 2, 2018
Over worked, management was the worst they have no real expectations and try to force them to take on to many extra jobs without composition also jobs that cant be met but they just try to throw guys to get projects done a lot of that could have been done in planning
Pros
Other employees
Great company
Salesforce System Administrator - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMarch 29, 2018
Team environment. I would recommend Cleaver-Brooks because it is a place where employees love working and tend to stay for many many years. The atmosphere is pleasant.
Mikes summary
Project Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 19, 2018
CB is a good company where you can learn about the power industry . It is involved with boilers and other power plant equipment. Also you are directly involved with many different types of energy users.
Pros
A fast paced work place
Cons
A fast paced work place
Avoid
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2018
This job is a monster of a job. Boilers industry is for someone with no career goals and I do not recommend it. People there without degrees will talk bad and treat employees with degrees totally different. Stay away from this company
Poor management
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Advancement isn't merrit based, only who is liked. Raised are sparce and the scheduling is sporatic and done with little to no reguard of how it will impact the employees.
Pros
They'll work with you on a lot of things
Cons
Poor management, little reguard for employees
CleaverBrooks is a good company with a strong foundation.
Order Entry Manager (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAOctober 24, 2017
CleaverBrooks is an overall good place to work with fair salary and benefits. The company has a decent focus on employee relations (company sponsored events/activities).
Hectic workplace
Final Assembly Technician I (Piping) (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 31, 2017
Production company that boast only the amount of hours that you are allowed to gain each week, but is no place to call a career. Management seems to not know who is who's boss, and it has a kill or be killed minded workforce.
Pros
Lots of overtime.
Cons
Bad management, dangerous environment, low pay.
Productive and overall a great place to work.
Cell Leader (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly company that shows it's employees how much they care about them. This company also shows that they are thinking about the employee's family as well which is a plus in my book.
Industry Leading Boiler Manufacturer
Lead Dimension Diagram Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 18, 2017
I started in this industry without any boiler knowledge, and after 6 years I have become one of the "Go To" people for answers. I oversee two other draftsmen that works on customer orders, assist Engineering Dept. with issues/potential problems.The hardest part to my job is usually getting information/support needed to complete my job. The most enjoyable parts to my job is minimizing errors and issues for our support drawings.
Pros
technology available to complete work, great structure and policies
Cons
little room for growth
Great people to work with
Corp. Service, Warranty, & Product Liability Mgr (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 15, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at CB. I like to be in the trenches, and so a fast paced, type environment fit me well in my role there. Compensation was very fair, and would recommend this employer to others.
Great Culture with Great People
Corporate HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 24, 2017
Cleaver Brooks is a great company made up of great people. As a leader in their market, you always felt proud to be a member of the team. The only negative is my department was very lean and could have used more staff.
Pros
Culture, People, Company Success
Old Company Becoming New
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAMay 8, 2017
Jobs vary differently depending on the location you work. The work life balance is significantly different based on what part of the operation you are in.
Great job environment
Welder/Grinder/tool room supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2017
The people you work with are awesome . They try to help the best way they can . The benefits are good as week such as vacation, medical, dental and overtime.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours at night
material handler
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Good and stable job to work at and work your way up. The whole environment is good, everyone works together as a team and the pay rate is good along with the raises the company gives.
Abysmal
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2016
Slow to respond, inept, disorganized, mismanaged -- NOT a place that ANYONE should be foolish or desperate enough apply to. HR Department, in particular, is very ineffective.
the benifits and pay
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 31, 2016
I have had a chance to build my experiances with cleaver-brooks, from the warehouse to my current duties, they have paved a way for me to go work on my own with minimum supervision, I like the people that make up our team here and work and share the responsibiltys, the hardest part of my job is lifting heavy materials but have tools to do so, and the most enjoyable is that I have acheaived a lot of goals here
Was once a great place to work - Poor Culture and Leadership
Unknown (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 2, 2016
Corporate Changes have led to extreme disappointments, and massive negative culture change. Not a place I would want to work.
Cons
Poor leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleaver-Brooks. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about