Clemson University Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sr Fiscal Business Manager-Internal Operations (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 22, 2019
great place to work; also work for the state which is a great retirement option.staff and faculty are great to work with - collaboration and team work is a plus.
Clemson Tutor
Clemson Academic Success Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Worked as a tutor at Clemson to help my peers and learn leadership skills. This was a useful job to earn some money during school and pay off loans and bills.
Great on campus job
Social Media Listening Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 11, 2019
Great position for any student. They were very flexible with your class schedules and did not require you to work weekends or late nights, which left plenty of time for studying and school work.
Great experience
Tissue Culture Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 18, 2019
Between educational resources and research. Helped be further my education in an educational workplace. As a student, it is a great oppurtunity to earn money while furthering education.
Graduate research assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJanuary 28, 2019
Great place for graduate school. I found great professors who invested in me. It is always a good idea to find a professor before you apply to graduate school.
Relaxed Environment almost makes up for low pay
Director of Web Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 19, 2018
While the pay is lower than industry standard across the board, so is the cost of living in the area. Also, generally a relaxed work environment despite recent cancellation of work from home and flextime policies. Getting new hires or extra help is a huge pain point here but conversely if you are a good worker you will be taken care of. Very little chance of getting fired or downsizing. State employment means public service credits for student loans. Fulfillment in knowing that you are helping the next generation of students complete their degrees, learn, and get positioned for great careers.
Pros
public service, free tuition, relaxed, low stress
Cons
low pay, more work than people
productive and challenging
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 12, 2018
productive and challenging place to work. I enjoyed my time there.
a typical day was spent in meetings and then I would get to work alone to accomplish my job
Awesome University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 6, 2019
Clemson University is an American public, coeducational, land-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina, United States. Founded in 1889, Clemson is the second-largest university in student population in South Carolina. Everyone works hard here, good university. You will learn a lot! People are friendly.
Busy, fast-paced environment.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 17, 2018
Busy, fast-paced environment. Some long days. Compensated fairly.
No typical day. Job duties cross many cultures at Clemson. Management could be better.
ddd
Program Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 4, 2018
this was a good job and great place to work i would recommend to anyone. Benefits and people were good to work with. I hope to come back one day. Thanks
Wonderful place, Go TIGERS!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCDecember 1, 2018
Great people, great school, wonderful balance between work and personal life, wonderful weather and great team spirit. The worst thing is probably the city itself - very small, no fun activities except football for less than half the year. Greenville is not far though, and that is literally one of the best small towns in southern US. Clemson is not far from Atlanta and Charlotte though.
Pros
Great weather
Cons
No social life in Clemson itself have to go to Greenville
Not the same "Clemson Family" it used to be
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 7, 2018
When the change of administration happened a few years back the environment and culture took a big hit. It is now extraordinarily difficult to get on the ladder let alone climb it.
Building/Grounds
Building/Grounds Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 31, 2018
The worst deptartment to work for. Management very unprofessional and lack of knowledge. People are always out so your having to always do others work load on top of what is required of you. So much hard work and little pay. Only get paid twice a month. no Place for advancement or appreciation.
Pros
1st shift
Cons
Everything else
Academia Challenges
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 24, 2018
Clemson Information Technology struggled with the power dynamics of academia exceptionalism versus information technology and learning management systems best practices.
Pros
Academic environment
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
New and emerging technologies.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 6, 2018
It was a fantastic place to learn about the new irrigation technologies and other technologies available to the agriculture industry. They put you on the forefront of the latest and greatest in all feilds1
Pros
relaxed and productive envoirnment
Cons
hard to advance from current position
Good pay but only a seasonal Job
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 10, 2018
I worked as a concession stand worker and the pay is good and the staff was nice, with a few exceptions; although, the university itself has very few ties with the workers that manage the stadium during the games. It's mostly people and groups on a contract.
Organic Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Clemson, South CarolinaOctober 1, 2018
Clemson was a great place to work. Help was always available, and I worked with a good team of people. The work season obviously rotates in stress level throughout the year as the semesters pass. In the summer it is easy to get all kinds of additional work done. When the school year began my schedule typically became heavier but not unbearable, that was also due to the nature of my role at the University. The student base is respectful and passionate about their school. There was very little turnover (in my area at least) and it did mean that growth there was highly unlikely or at least involved regularly changing departments, or universities. On the plus side there is an active effort at Clemson to recruit through referrals and they are regularly sending out emails about job opportunities at other local universities.
Pros
Great work environment, caring team members
Cons
Advancement opportunities (internally), Parking
Good Experience
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Administrative ServicesOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Clemson. Culture was strong. My main complaint was that my particular department was not given enough support and money during the peak season to high enough employees. Higher Management didn't seem to care if we got bogged down and stressed. I was lucky to have a great group of peer co-workers that made all of the difference though. Other departments that were more popular with the outside (athletics); however, seemed to be overflowing with employees, money and support from everywhere.
Pros
Nice state benefits, insurance and retirement
Cons
more flex time would have been nice or child care assistant
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 13, 2018
Nice state job. Slow pace with plenty of time off. Very little racism and Clemson is very accepting of different beliefs. Typically I go around fixing computers.
Research oriented workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 16, 2018
Clemson University developed the research based attitude in me. It helped in looking at the bigger picture of the work we are doing. This encouraged me and gave a satisfaction of the task I undertake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clemson University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight