Cleveland Cavaliers Employee Reviews

Go on trips of goals are achieved
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2018
You are expected to make 100 phone calls a day. Work long hours and on holidays. Work space moved to Tower City due to renovations. Expected to work all of the Cavaliers home games.
Pros
Trips
Fun work environment
Cavs Crew (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2018
It’s very easy to like what I do,I work with some of the best professionals in the world. You’ve got to love the NBA. Looking forward to bringing my people skills and organization to the medical field.
Pros
Great view of all home games
Cons
Occasionally we lose
fun environment to work
Seasonal Assistant - Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2018
I enjoyed the work environment, as well as desired exposure to the League and the industry. Good place to work but the pay for my position was very low.
Fast Paced and long hours
Director, Game Presentation (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Working in sports is long hours and constant on the go pace. Overall it's a fun place, but demanding on time. It's the culture of sports. It's fun, but you lose personal and family time
Pros
Sports
Cons
No personal time, long hours
Great place to work. Organized and fast paced.
Team attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2017
Love working for this company, for the most part all of the employees are treated fairly . The days can be long but you hardly notice . Team oriented.
Pros
Fun . Entertaining
Cons
Cant advance much
Good work place
Leader and Developer (Former Employee) –  Downtown ClevelandAugust 30, 2017
They took over our contract and did it themselves but paid the new employees more. The workers don't give as much customer service now, but it is better overall for workers. The Cavs won championship that year. They have newer social media. They interact with customers more. They are going after higher dollar, hence less real fans and more for business like the Indians.
Pros
Good the way it is.
Cons
need little better leaders
great company
Cleveland Cavaliers Sales & Service intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 27, 2017
great experience, long hours but if you enjoy sports its well worth it.Had the opportunity to work with many of the players and the staff is very welcoming and friendly.
Great Place to Work that Provides Unique Opportunities
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2017
Great work culture that helps grow and develop you as a person. No two days are the same and will always provide new challenges that will test your problem solving skills.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 9, 2017
Everyday is something new and interesting. I learned a lot about receiving and counterpoint operations. Management was a bit slow to make decision but overall great. Nothing was overly hard.
Pros
free merchandise occasionally
Cons
No A/C in warehouse
A fun place to work
Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2017
A low-paying job with few meaningful benefits, made better by a staff of great people and an exciting work environment. All workers within the Cavaliers Holdings LLC are unionized, but the union has little to no negotiating power with the organization.
good plce to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 27, 2016
A typical day was patrolling hallways and directing crowd ,management was fair but demanding, co-workers preached team concept ,weather could be problem, game crowds fantastic.
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2016
I loved working for the Cleveland Cavaliers and the environment was so fun and unlike anything I have ever seen before! Commission based sales with a excellent benefit package!
Say goodbye to your family and finances
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
This is without a doubt the worst place to work ever. Management is horrible, the hours are equally awful and the pay is worse than working at McDonalds. Disorganized, schedules never posted in a timely manner, knee jerk decisions without any thought. No training and no support. They put you out there to figure it out yourself. If you are looking for a job that will kill your career by working 18 hour days for a wage that you cannot even support your family on, then this is the place for you. Zero work/life balance.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours, Management, Training, Communication, Schedules, Work/Life Balance
Decent job description, poor management and compensation
Team Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Quicken Loans ArenaDecember 8, 2015
There were few aspects of this position that I enjoyed. The pay was not worth the amount of work I put in. The management was the worst I have worked under. They were selfish and not good at responding to conflict in the workplace. We didn't get our weekly schedule until a day or two before the work week began. The organization of the retail department as a whole was very scattered and not customer-friendly.
Class A organization
Vice President/Event Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2015
Worked with organization from it's early days at the former Richfield Coliseum through it's relocation to the original GUND arena in downtown Cleveland. On management team when the team and facility was purchased into the Quicken Loan family of companies and renamed Quicken Loans Arena, In each instance the ownership group and operations were extraordinarily top class and committed to quality service. My employment experience was exceptional.
Pros
family oriented ownership
At the Q
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2015
At the Q, you can expect great things coming from both guest and employees. You could be having the worst day of your life but when you step foot into that building, either a guest, once the doors open, or employee will brighten your day. Trust me, I am a witness. I learned that its a fun place to be, enjoy and make money. Management is outstandingly wonderful, we have a boss but our boss is like our co-worker. The hardest part about this job can be the very few mean guest. Not all are mean but I have come across about 1 or 2 each event, most of the time none. But overall, the most enjoyable part about this job is being able to be yourself, laugh, interact with the guest, establish great customer service and most importantly, to me, be apart of the Cleveland Cavalier guest services family.
Pros
Free moster tickets, discounts in team shop, and discount on food
Cons
short breaks
Dream job working for a professional sports team.
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2014
Same as the review of Gund Business Enterprises. As Executive Assistant to the President of Business Division, I managed the executive office and assisted the President in areas needed. Participated in fundraisers, represented the president/business division at parties and so forth.
Security
Security (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 22, 2014
This had been one of the first and last security jobs I will work , security staff had bad attitudes the hours sucked, the older security personnel did not wont to help the new people out or rookies as they called up and the supervisors were just plain old lazy and disrespectful it was not a environment for a strong women looking for advancement.
Pros
Cons
10 min breaks, no free time no real hours, no employee perks. only seasonal
Great enviorment and enegry never a dull day.
HELP DESK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 10, 2014
Currently I'm a IT Support Analyst with the Cleveland Cavaliers. I continue my growth and knowledge in the Information Technology field while applying these in day to day situations.
Ticket sales and service
Sales and Service Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2013
Cleveland Cavaliers was a great team to work for. Management was so friendly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.