Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51K
Found 2,285 reviews matching the search See all 2,400 reviews
Ccf
Perioperative Nursing Unit, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 18, 2018
Great company to work for. Lots of educational opportunities. Really good healthcare coverage/benefits package. Really enjoyed my time working here. Management is supportive.
horrible managment
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 17, 2018
the point system is not fair. the managers are bias and don't give a fair chance. very strict environment and you don't get recognized for hard work..
Needs a lot of work
LOCKER ROOM ATTENDANT/OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Bath, OHJuly 16, 2018
Management could use a lot of work.
Higher up management needs even more work
No communication
Most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and the friendships I have made.
Great place to work, a few cons but otherwise great
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2018
working at the clinic was rewarding and i loved interacting with patients, my coworkers were professional and fun to work with the exception of a few. the management was sub par and could use a lot of work but luckily the staff was very professional and didnt need any real management to help them do there jobs
Pros
Great coworkers, benefits and room to grow
Cons
Management, tend to get overworked and understaffed
Becky
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 15, 2018
I like working for Cleveland Clinic it' provides a good work life balance. I enjoy my employees and working with the customers everyday. I just would like to switch departments sooner than 2 years
Pros
work life balance
Cons
2 yr minimum to switch departments
Patient interaction and family education
RN, Psychiatric Inpatient (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 13, 2018
Review patient status and medication distribution. Interaction with doctors to view patient condition. Educate family to better understand patient diagnosis and ways to help patient improve their health and possible environment changes.
Pros
Family and patient involvement and education.
Cons
Under staffed per patient quota.
Inforamative
Benefits and Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 13, 2018
Interesting and Educational job that allows the employees growth, The management team is hopeful and informative. They are always available to help when in need. I would recommend Cleveland to anyone that enjoys working in a place of excellence and growth.
Hardest part about job
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 12, 2018
I don't like being micromanaged. the job is doing just that. it was easier when I first started but then new management came in and changed everything
Pros
co workers
Cons
short breaks, lunch, micromanaged, team leads with attitudes
Great place for career opportunities
EEG Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
The Cleveland Clinic is a good place to work, the training and opportunities are there for the taking if you work hard, and the management help you if you need it. I gained a lot of experience across all departments within the hospital as an EEG Trainee and no two days were the same. The team is diverse and is made up of some great people, I only left because the hours I was eventually given didn't fit with my lifestyle at the time and I lived too far away.
Pros
Paid training
A typical day at work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
Sign in on your phone and then the fun began. Calls about billing errors, missing claims. Received calls from patients wondering why they are receiving bios.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Getting yelled at frequently over the phone

Want to know more about Cleveland Clinic?

Ask a question
A rewarding place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
Working with patients and assisting them during the day is highly rewarding. Although my work was rewarding, it often times felt as if I was not being heard by my managers about career advancement. Although I had completed a higher level of education, I was not given the resources to pursue a different career option within the company.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
Short breaks (if you get one), long shifts
Enjoyable and challenging workplace
Departmental Supervisor - RCM Insurance Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
I was responsible to keep our AR down and our productivity upward. I was responsible to hire, train, terminate and payroll for all of our caregivers. I mentored and nurtured the caregivers to advance in their goals and careers. Created a team work environment with our team.
Pros
Team work environment, challenging work, advancement, success in accomplishing my goals and assisting the caregivers to accomplish their goals
Cons
Long hours to complete all tasks, alot of management changes
Lab Technician in Central Processing
LAB TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2018
Direct management of this department is often disorganized and not personable. Employee morale in this department is extremely low. Employees are not often recognized for their successes, but when a mistake is made it is definitely brought to their attention, and not always tactfully. The workplace culture among coworkers within shifts is positive, but the overarching management issues keep this from being the great place to work that you would expect it to be. Great employees are not recognized, while the fact that there are employees that are doing the bare minimum,or less, is not acknowledged.
Pros
Rewarding to be a part of patient care
Cons
Management of this particular department
Sr. General Manager Commercialization (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
Great Place to work . To develop the skill sets to progress to the next level. Must like to work in a highly managed organization and follow their mission statement .
Pros
People
workplace culture
Systems Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
You get to meet and work with people from around the world. Many departments to move around to. Main campus is its own little city. I enjoyed my 10 years there.
Pros
diveristy
Cons
too much management not enough support staff
Did not care for Cleveland Clinic
Customer Service Representative(Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 10, 2018
Cleveland Clinic was not the best place to work. Management was bad and supervisors were even worse. It was very hard to move up career wise and they did not like for you to want to transfer to a different department. They made it extremely hard to have an outside life or even enjoy being apart of the company
Help Desk Analyst
IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 9, 2018
The Clinic offers great compensation in a great work environment. The one setback is that the schedule changes after training without being told in advance.
Under paid, Over worked
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 7, 2018
The culture of CCF (Solon, OH call center) is full of favoritism, childish rules, and team full of snitches. Management is poor, expectations are through the roof! They have so many hidden agendas, it's no wonder the turn over rate is high. It's a clown show!

The hardest part of the job is remaining calm when patients are out of hand, when it's not the fault of the worker. Having to explain your course of action to management, when clearly all calls are recorded for "quality and assurance". If you want to be robot for 8 hours a day, needing permission to go the restroom or be penalized, then that's the place for you. If you want fair work at fair pay, then use CCF as a stepping stone or transfer out, if you can. Definitely not a place to retire from - The call center at least..

Before I go, don't expect a real raise. My last annual raise was $0.21. I didn't notice that a bit, who would when you're being robbed in high taxes and health plan fees.
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Management, Advancement
Floor tech
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2018
I was responsible for maintain floors. Stripping waxing, buffing, auto scrubbing etc. I also did minor detailing as well as sweeping and mopping. Other duties as assigned.
Good company
Clinical Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
Cleveland Clinic is a great academic facility. The Las Vegas site is still growing so there are several growing pains. But a good company to work for overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight