Cleveland Clinic

Found 3,462 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,655 reviews

Cleveland Clinic insights

Based on 1,157 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive, hectic

Good job, always gets hours, always short staff and mandated to stay over scheduled shift with no notice. Manager doesn't support staff or help put when workload is high

Pros

Always gets hours

Cons

Stressful, short staffed all the time, mandating to stay over

Great teaching hospital. I learned a lot .

Great hospital. I got a lot of experience there with high risk cases . They really care about their employees. Benefits are great . They do a lot to show how appreciative they are .

Great healthcare benefits

Cleveland clinic has great health benefits, they have merged with a new company so I am not sure if that will continue, however they currently have good healthcare benefits and also tuition reimbursement.

Pros

health benefits

Cons

lower salary

Burnout quickly

Healthcare is my life. But I am burned out. Everyone raves how good CCF is but is I’d mediocre at best. The benefits are ok. There is not enough PTO time. You should get paid for federal holidays and not forced to pay yourself out of your PTO bank. Some of the managers are out of touch. The being one minute late equals an occurrence is ridiculous.

Pros

Shuttles, pharmacy

Cons

Not enough PTO, staffing shortage

horrible place to work

Ohio is a rural state with a rural mentality. I don’t know in what world it’s ok for an employer to be able to legally test you for nicotine. I passed the test but it feels like tyranny. This hospital is definitely not concerned about patient safety either. It’s all about making $ and breaking as many rules as possible. In school everything sounds so peachy but if you try to do your job properly, it will not be possible because the work load is always insane in order to make profit. You will experience lots of whining from your lazy low quality co-workers and threats from managers if you try to do your job properly. Even those who want to be good workers have been crushed; many of them used to have emotions but they are so overworked and burned out that their priority is doing the least work as possible, patients well being is the last thing on their mind because the management is so bad and it doesn’t allow it. As far as organization, it feels like a competition to make everything as messy and confusing as possible. Cleveland is definitely a developing city.

Pros

cafeteria with restaurants

Cons

management work load quality organization co workers

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Difficulty finding work/life balance

Burn out is prevalent. Management does their best to help but the nature of healthcare has been very stressful. Cleveland clinic expects the best of the best which sometimes can feel like a lot of pressure in addition to an already high achievement, perfectionist personality.

Pros

Benefits, some autonomy in schedule

Cons

Difficult work-life balance, stressful, long hours

Lack of professionalism.

The culture at Cleveland Clinic was not very professional, at all, given the hospitals status. This is from middle management down to the employees. Nothing is taken seriously, and focus is placed on the wrong things. There's very little diversity in the offices at many of the sites. It's also a very cold and unreceptive culture.

Pros

The Metro Campus is BEAUTIFUL.

Cons

Lack of professionalism.

Ccf

Great place to start, take advantage of all of the programs offered at main campus. Do well on annual evaluations and don’t get stuck in one department for too long. Management is selected mostly by favoritism, so don’t be surprised if you’re smarter than your boss. Always network with other departments. Other local hospitals pay more money for same positions.

Pros

Looks amazing on resume to other hospitals especially internationally

Cons

The paid is too low for what is expected

Do not recommend

Work shifts are never steady. Poor work life balance. Job is full of politics and favoritism. Your schedule is constantly changed without any prior communication.

Great concept/ fairly poor execution

Terrible company not anything like it advertises. It probably has say in what I am posting which made me edit my comments. The company does not reward it's employees. Too much gossip from front end

Pros

Time Off, Insurance, locations

Cons

mandatory uniforms that are poor quality, management is poor

Do not take a clerical position with this company.

They abuse and burn out clerical staff. You are forced to work at multiple locations and not paid for it. Management hides behind doors. Don’t work for this company.

Benefits

Cons

Management, Discrimination, Lax HR, Racist

Does not pay well

We barely have staff, we’re always being overworked with little pay. They do not care about their employees and the benefits are not good. Health insurance is bad as well.

Cons

Do NOT pay well

Productivity good time family balance

It is a good place to work I am shop here management is great people are nice hospital is huge people our helpful benefits are great also people love it here so do great great place huge big business with your family in your best insurance

Uhh

My managers were absolutely GREAT! Already supportive and helpful and nice ! Staff sucked and the pay was even worse . It was a nice facility . It is a culture shock . Also the lunch options are horrible !!!! I mean horrid . But my biggest issue was the staff they were nasty to u about everything and so much unnecessary drama . And the pay wasn’t enough to do the work and deal with all the b.S they had going on .

Pros

My managers

Cons

Staff and pay

great co-workers,

my co-workers were the best part about the job, My manager ws great as well, The micromanaging was absolutely terrible. Not really from my manager, but the higher ups.

Pros

great co-workers

Cons

micromanaged everything

2021 Poor management; World class marketing

Cons: Antiquated equipment in the orthopedic office. Managers are not required to have any credentials and are disorganized, and passive aggressive. Two of our managers seem to have "checked out." They appear uneducated on labor laws. High turnover, staff shortages, and not concerned with retention or hiring. Physicians have little to no say in how the practice is ran. We don't usually get our breaks anymore.Pros: great coworkers, intelligent and understanding physicians. No weekends or holidays. Insurance now covers lasik eye surgery.

Pros

Amazing coworkers, Doctors are great

Cons

Poor management, PTO denied, staff shortages, very old equipment

Coworkers

Coworkers are great. Awesome teamwork between coworkers and other units. Management makes it difficult to work there and do not make you feel appreciated. Short staffed most days. Unsafe staffing. Education dept is almost non existent. A lot of missed breaks.

Pros

On site parking

Cons

Short staffed. Missed breaks.

It was an okay job

I was an STNA there and it was an ok job I guess. Always busy and very short staffed. Sometimes you didn’t even get a break which sucks. Some of the coworkers treat you bad.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Short staffed

Team work

Alot of team work, management is awesome and is willing to work with you. There is definitely room for growth, Cleveland clinic offers tuition assistance.

Productive workplace. Best Manager!

Best Nurse Manager ever! Wonderful team! Great medical benefits. Salary could be higher and would help with nurse retention; and, not enough vacation days to promote work-life balance.

Pros

Medical benefits

Cons

Salary

Good job for benefits and looks good

They really give accept you for who you are but their attendance policy is not reasonable. They mark you late after one second and they don’t have parking. But everything else is okay they need to pay more so that people can survive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K
1.1K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cleveland Clinic.
Powered byComparably