Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 2,562 reviews matching the search See all 2,691 reviews
Poor work enviorment,Very stressful,Poor management,Poor employee and patient care, Extreme micro management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHDecember 27, 2018
Very bad experience with the clinic. Not patient focused. Doctors are have too many patients to have reasonable appointments available for public. Physicians are very rude, clinical staff not polite. Appointment center has a new grading metric system that is not realistic. Many employees are being terminated, job not stable. Very disappointed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro managed, You are constantly being watched and graded for every little thing you do and say, Poor and unfair grading system, Poor work enviorment, High stress
glory days
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2018
The kitchen was self operated, then went to contract management in 1991 with a slight of hand deal that hurt a lot of people while making the contractor rich.

The place is growing, it was exciting, interesting and very politically driven.

People lost benefits and salary to move from CCF employees to contractor employees with major cuts in pay. It was a gragic time and service has never met goals since, and that was 27 years ago!
Pros
pay, benefits, education
Cons
lack of support from senior leadership
I enjoy my job
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 5, 2019
I am shockingly happy working at Cleveland Clinic Akron General. The overall morale of the hospital is high. Upper management, doctors, and staff on every level actually make an effort to get along and remain positive. The diverse culture is AMAZING to see!! There are multiple staff I see on a daily basis from different backgrounds in different areas and they treat one another with respect.
The pay could be a little higher. And copays for Tier 1 visits are high but besides copays benefits are great.
Due to the area, patients can be rough around the edges, but you get used to it over time. I really hope I’m here for the long run.
Pros
Morale, Diversity, Breaks, Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Pay
Overwhelming
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2018
On a typical day I assembled 20-25 medical charts, I learned the importance of order of assembling this charts. The order of the charts made it easy for the doctors to locate information.
Management wasn't fair when it came to promotion and advancements.
The hardest part of the job was being criticized and being talked down by management.
The most enjoyable part of the the job was the fact that I worked in a cubical and could listen to my choice of music.
Pros
Work area
Cons
Poor menu in lunchroom
A great company to work for with opportunities for growth.
Customer Service Work Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2018
I enjoyed my 4 years at the Cleveland clinic. I had the opportunity to work with some great leaders who believed in both personal and professional growth. With this type of support it made it easy to stay engaged in the office because you knew that your growth would help advance a career not just a job.
Pros
Great opportunities for growth
Cons
Very competitive work environment as you progressed up the management ladder.
Good place overall to work, though the "Big Picture" seems to be lost at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2018
Although I enjoy working for the CCF, I find that it's "Patients First" motto is ideally followed but technically not followed. The health care industry, especially for CCF, is more about compensation and meeting measures than it is about actually caring for people, their families, and their values. I sometimes feel as though I spend more time charting and pushing medications on patients than I do actually listening to their complaints and finding a solution with the members of their care team.
a crazy company
Talent Acquisition Client Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2018
a crazy comnpany athat napklm'wfe paerrtma;sflm ith a background that includes the integration of multiple small organizations into a large corporate structure. Along with heavy employee relations, corporate communications, multi-state employment law, talent acquisition and performance management, the successful candidate will have a background involving coaching of management and senior leadership.
Prn
Billing Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 28, 2018
I worked as a FULLTIME Rep in the Brecksville location. Loved it. Some of the female supervisors are absolutely terrible. Training was ok. Unfortunately I was trained by someone who had only been with the company 6 months so that made things difficult because I wasn’t receiving accurate information. Otherwise I’d take this position back in a heartbeat!
Pros
Environment, pay, location
Cons
Nasty management (not all but most); 2 year wait for advancement
No Diversity in HR Dept
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 4, 2019
No Diversity as far as race goes in HR Dept mainly all white women. I would suggest a more diverse hospital starting with HR dept to reflect the community as a whole including Blacks and Latinos.
You will find plenty of diversity in the kitchen and housekeeping, even a few techs and nurses but higher up everyone looks the same from the day hospital opened its doors.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Black or Latinos in higher up positions
Productive fun environment that supports continuity in learning and providing opportunities climbing the Clinical ladder with teamwork&support/success
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2018
Orientation was the best I have ever experienced in my entire 22 years in healthcare. I have had several opportunities to gained knowledge and develop as a skilled nurse who is more confident and competent as a nurse.
Pros
Friendly staff teamwork and great opportunities
Cons
Parking can be tight and travel time can be much but worth the opportunities
Was a great experience to open lots of doors.
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44195December 17, 2018
I did patient transport so on my feet all day but great exercise. Please are mostly pleasant. Human Resources and the Director of my department were amazing when I struggled and did everything to help me. Wrote me a great letter of recommendation that got my my dream job.
Pros
good food, friendly people, helpful employees
Cons
hard work, difficult learning way around if not good with directions
Patients First, as long as the employee is not the patient..
Central Service, Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed my job at the clinic. I left due to having a traumatic experience that happened within my family. I like to say it's a great place to work as long as you dont need to miss days due to having medical problems... Depending upon your management team it can be challenging.
Pros
Best medical care team of doctors if illness occurred
Cons
Expensive parking
Ridiculous PCE
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OHNovember 10, 2018
I was hired with 12 years of RN experience and 2 decades of health care experience and failed the PCE due to a shoulder issue. I have been actively working as an RN with no difficulty but couldn't pass that test. I retook the test after 90 days and failed again. It's absurd that they let talented, experienced nurses walk out the door for failing a biometric exam that has nothing to do with what they can do on the job. I'll show them that I can get a patient out of bed and to the commode without hurting them or myself. The PCE is ridiculous.
Many "as needed" requirements to the job.
Office Administrator/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 7, 2018
Proctored National Registry Exam; Coordinated EMS graduation ceremony; Deposited tuition payments, reconciled bank deposits; Accounts Receivable; Admissions; ordered office supplies, Test coordinator; HERT Program Certification (Hospital Emergency Response Training); Student Advocate; Designed brochure and application for EMS School; Statistical reporting for ER Department; created and distributed mailers, Prepared Discharge summaries; medical records documentation for patient and EMT transport.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, all positions I applied for most recently were denied
Underpaid
Registered Nurse, MICU (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2018
CCF loves to hire new grads so they can grossly underpay you. The orientation lasted 16 weeks and prepared you for the position and they have flexible employee scheduling. Once you are released to the floor, the odds are great that it will be you (new grad) working the floor with 4 or 5 other new grads. This happened in my first week and we worked in the MICU. I would be appalled if I were a patient or patient family due to the risk for patient safety.
I loved the learning atmosphere.
PCNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2018
It was fast paced and one of the most challenging jobs I've had. I learned how to do EKG's, how to know if someone were having a stroke, or even a heart attack. One of the most awesome experiences ever.
Pros
Always learning, meals can be taken out of pay and the family unit you will make eventually.
Cons
It can be very stressful, might have to eat lunch and still check on patients you might be the only aide on the floor.
Not at all The Cleveland Clinic as advertised!
Surgical Consumer Representative/Surgery Schedule (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJanuary 1, 2019
I had high expectations when I was hired. This place does not care about you the employee. Management is horrible! I was interrogated by my manager and director of the department. I was wrongly accused of things I didn't do. Management is out to get you, not support you.
Pros
Cons
Bullying, no paid holidays, not enough PTO, point system
Supportive & educative environment to provide comprehensive nursing care to patients in all healthcare settings
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
Nursing colleagues and physycians are supportive of promoting patient's first and supporting the unit's needs. Management goes above and beyond to support nursing. Great place to work and grow in one's nursing career.
Pros
Great benefits especially employee healthcare and education.
Cons
Parking may be expensive depending on where you are employed.
I really enjoy working with my patients
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
I schedule appointments for patients within the surrounding Cleveland Clinic offices. I check the patients in and out. I am a front desk receptionist and biller where’s I collect the patients co pay and post to their accounts. I work closely with my assigned Physicians’s to make sure their patients have all necessary paperwork and prescription along with any appointments with other Physicians within the Clinic
Cons
No paid holidays you must have PTO hours to be paid
Should get paid the same as hospital workers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 8, 2018
Hospice is a sad job, not everyone should work in hospice !! Long shifts and sometimes very short staffed and very hectic!!Most of the nurses are nice but there’s a few lazy ones that expect you to do your work as well as theirs. Respect issues some co-workers who shouldn’t be working because they are lazy or they just don’t care.
Pros
Good work experience I learned a lot
Cons
Understaffed and underpaid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight