Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 2,477 reviews matching the search See all 2,599 reviews
prodictive work place
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part about working at Cleveland clinic is being able to work for a world class hospital. Meeting new people and creating new experiences
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to work and grow
Revenue Cycle Management Department Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 13, 2018
Revenue cycle can be a fast-paced, yet rewarding environment. The Clinic has a strong belief in developing caregivers and offers unlimited opportunities to learn and take on new challenges.
Great Place to work and Learn
Registeed Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioNovember 12, 2018
The Cleveland Clinic is a teaching hospital which makes it a great environment for learning as well as developing your health related skills. You will be challenged to be the BEST all the while receiving the education you need to do just that!
Pros
Many opportunities for Growth
Cons
Points program related to attendance
Made you feel like you didnt matter
Environmental Services Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2018
The culture changed dramatically for the worse while I worked there.
The clinic didn't care about the housekeeping staff. Wanted the work done, but didn't want us to be seen.
Ridiculous PCE
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairview, OHNovember 10, 2018
I was hired with 12 years of RN experience and 2 decades of health care experience and failed the PCE due to a shoulder issue. I have been actively working as an RN with no difficulty but couldn't pass that test. I retook the test after 90 days and failed again. It's absurd that they let talented, experienced nurses walk out the door for failing a biometric exam that has nothing to do with what they can do on the job. I'll show them that I can get a patient out of bed and to the commode without hurting them or myself. The PCE is ridiculous.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2018
First Job as an Registered Nurse, in a step down cardio thoracic surgery unit. If I did not travel to California I would still be employed by them awesome place to work for.
Pros
Cons
Ohio weather
Looks great on a resume
Medical Laboratory Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2018
Eh. Not the best, but not the worst. Big organization with big organization problems. Typical situations of "too many cooks in the kitchen." Looks great on a resume.
Pros
Great on a resume
Cons
So big, never feel like a person, just a number
Should get paid the same as hospital workers
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 8, 2018
Hospice is a sad job, not everyone should work in hospice !! Long shifts and sometimes very short staffed and very hectic!!Most of the nurses are nice but there’s a few lazy ones that expect you to do your work as well as theirs. Respect issues some co-workers who shouldn’t be working because they are lazy or they just don’t care.
Pros
Good work experience I learned a lot
Cons
Understaffed and underpaid
exciting upbeat work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 7, 2018
I was an OR-RN. They had Residency Programs which are beneficial! Set working over, rotation on holidays. Plenty of opportunity to branch out to different locations.
Underpaid
Registered Nurse, MICU (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2018
CCF loves to hire new grads so they can grossly underpay you. The orientation lasted 16 weeks and prepared you for the position and they have flexible employee scheduling. Once you are released to the floor, the odds are great that it will be you (new grad) working the floor with 4 or 5 other new grads. This happened in my first week and we worked in the MICU. I would be appalled if I were a patient or patient family due to the risk for patient safety.
Many "as needed" requirements to the job.
Office Administrator/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 7, 2018
Proctored National Registry Exam; Coordinated EMS graduation ceremony; Deposited tuition payments, reconciled bank deposits; Accounts Receivable; Admissions; ordered office supplies, Test coordinator; HERT Program Certification (Hospital Emergency Response Training); Student Advocate; Designed brochure and application for EMS School; Statistical reporting for ER Department; created and distributed mailers, Prepared Discharge summaries; medical records documentation for patient and EMT transport.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, all positions I applied for most recently were denied
Enjoyment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 6, 2018
The Connection with my patients is everything, On a day to day basis. Even the smallest changes to their day can alter their appointments with providers.
workday
Preoperative Liver Transplant Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 6, 2018
Working at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation Main Campus is very educational and a great learning experience. They pushed me in the direction to excel and promote myself over the years. They even have a tuition reimbursement program that helped me get my master's while working full time.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
under staffed
Treats employees well
Lead Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHNovember 5, 2018
Treats employees well and is invests in developing employees for internal transfers and promotions rather than hiring outside the organization. Also, being a large organization allow for opportunity for movement within it.
More stressfull than exciting
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHNovember 3, 2018
You're constantly over worked and underpaid. I get the benefits are great, but you literally have to sell your life to the lab without so much as proper compensation for it.
benefits
Cons
underpaid
working with the Cleveland Clinic is a priviledge
IDN Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2018
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge by partnering and working with the Cleveland Clinic. The have a great culture and strategy. Their new GPO Excelerate is the template for Hospital based GPO's.
Pros
Nationally recognized
Cons
large institution so sometimes a slow mover
Would recommend the workplace for long-term permanent positions. Many employees have a career with the Cleveland Clinic.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2018
Excellent workplace, employees are friendly and quick to assist patients and visitors. Would have been good to have had a career there. This is a very good environment for someone with career goals.
Pros
Exceptional workplace
Cons
Few to no cons
Supportive & educative environment to provide comprehensive nursing care to patients in all healthcare settings
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
Nursing colleagues and physycians are supportive of promoting patient's first and supporting the unit's needs. Management goes above and beyond to support nursing. Great place to work and grow in one's nursing career.
Pros
Great benefits especially employee healthcare and education.
Cons
Parking may be expensive depending on where you are employed.
I really enjoy working with my patients
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
I schedule appointments for patients within the surrounding Cleveland Clinic offices. I check the patients in and out. I am a front desk receptionist and biller where’s I collect the patients co pay and post to their accounts. I work closely with my assigned Physicians’s to make sure their patients have all necessary paperwork and prescription along with any appointments with other Physicians within the Clinic
Cons
No paid holidays you must have PTO hours to be paid
Good group of people I worked with
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2018
Management needs improvement on trying to retain employees instead of trying to get rid of them. No empathy for employees that have personal problems at home but are very good workers. Also everything is punitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cleveland Clinic.

Powered by Comparably