Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 2,620 reviews matching the search See all 2,760 reviews
Great coworkers, oppressive environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2019
As customer service representative, you are being scrutinized in person and by report all but the 30 minutes you are allowed to have assigned lunch. No getting up, no phone, no being 1 minute late or leaving 1 minute early. Time off only when there are enough people who can cover for you. Even if you have not control over how many months it takes to hire for a full staff. The culture is profit profit profit. Only the individuals care about the patients, but they are constricted by rules. The doctors do not have freedom to treat as they see fit. No time to simply enjoy helping patients and feeling at peace.
Pros
Coworkers who care about the patients, and are the highest rated in their field.
Cons
No breaks, poor prescription coverage, rules and proceedures change daily without communicaion, always a new way to have management monitor your every move for error, yet no positives for being error free, including higher pay
Average Working Environment
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 23, 2019
Just a regular working place that is comparable to other hospital environments. The management interaction that I had were average when compared to other hospitals.
Enjoyed my stay as a contractor working for Cleveland Clinic
Printer Technician/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMarch 22, 2019
While working as a contractor for the Cleveland Clinic in the areas of printer break/fix support, mobile workstation cart assembly, and printer toner delivery, the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with. I learned many mechanical skills that I had not had exposure to in previous job roles. Unfortunately, due to management conflicts and operational changes, I was not able to continue with my contract role, but if another opportunity opens up with the Cleveland Clinic, I will strongly consider it.
Supportive Environment
Nurse Technician; SICU/CICU (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2019
I was a nurse technician in the surgical intensive care and cardiac intensive care units during my last two semesters of nursing school. Staff was wonderfully supportive of my learning and offered many opportunities to observe or provide direct patient care.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
it was a long commute for me
Awesome Medical Center
Bed Control specialist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 21, 2019
Awesome Medical Center , high paced job with lot of reward . Everday is something new and a chance to learn . Hardest part of job is wanting to do more , If you enjoy helping people who are in need of world class care then this is the job for you
Pros
Free parking
Cons
high pressure
Good!
Cardiac Rehab Intern (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 21, 2019
great poeple to work with! it is a safe environment, always happy to go there!i hope one day i'll get job at the clinic in the cardiac rehab department.
Great work environment
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2019
Cleveland Clinic provides a great working environment for employees as well as patients. There are many benefits provided here at the clinic for everyone to benefit from which is why i love working at the Cleveland Clinic.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Good environment for learning and growing in your field.
Staff Nurse/Circulator, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 20, 2019
Offers a perioperative learning program for experienced RNs who want to transition into the Operating Room. Good environement for learning how to circulate all specialties in the O.R. Management is a little biased towards more experience nurses. Sometimes the staff is a little cliqueish and new nurses can feel left out. Overall a good place to learn and work.
Pros
Reputable and good company to work for.
Cons
Staff is not always nice.
It has its days
PCNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2019
It was a good place to work. I felt I should’ve been paid a little more for what I did for the company. I felt i was treated unfairly and taken advantage of.
Robotic and Corporate
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2019
This company was very robotic and corporate. People didn't treat one another like people. No one seemed to be caring or empathic about life. It was a hard place to work for, but I can say it taught me how to deal with such.
Pros
Very big company lots of job opportunities
Cons
Corporate/Robotic
Productivity
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 16, 2019
My typical day at work starts normally around 8:30-8-45 am. I have learned that when you have bad management you can break up a good team. The hardest part of my job is not having management have your back when a situation arises.
Pros
Love my Patients and go beyond to assist them.
Cons
Sometimes no lunch too busy, short staffed everyday.
Horrible place
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Main CampusMarch 16, 2019
You are a number whether you are an employee or patient. Its a horrible place.I dont have much more to say really, it was a terrible place to work, the point system alone should deter you. YOU BETTER NEVER GET SICK,,,,,POINTS POINTS POINTS
Pros
Cons
everything
It’s an okay place
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2019
This place is an okay place to work. I wouldn’t recommend working in the kitchen at all though. The benefits are good but that is honestly all that they really offer.
Great place to learn and work with the best in the field
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  OHMarch 15, 2019
Excellent place to learn. Very competitive. Great benefits. Good place to start a career. Workplace culture is not great. Management was very biased, once you are singled out then you will have problems.
Registered Nurse role as circulator and scrub (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2019
Worked at the clinic for many years, depending on which floor or department you work, there are some pros and cons but overall the pros always outweigh the cons by far. Most management were reasonable, my only negative would be that I saw management pre-fill positions with fellow employees prior to applicants interviewing which was a little disheartening. The poor applicants thought they had a chance (many times with more experience and education) and may have except that someone was already pre-picked. They would even have them interview (I sat in some of these interviews), and after management would knock them to keep the 'pre-chosen' one as the most qualified. I saw this on more than one occasion. I know this happens often in small companies but I thought with the integrity of the clinic this would not occur, unfortunately it did.
Pros
Great benefits, latest technology, computer charting, lots of resources
Cons
Pay to park at main campus, difficult to advance unless you are "in" with management
Good Work Environment
Pain Management Lead Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2019
Cleveland Clinic maintains a culture of professionalism and patient first. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with many different people. We all worked together as a team to achieve our overall goals, My typical day is very hectic but rewarding. I have learned to prioritize my day.
Pros
Free access to the gym.
Cons
Looking for more job stability.
Never again
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMarch 13, 2019
Well first off, I was deceived into thinking I was really working for Cleveland clinic. It is in fact a Cleveland clinic hospital but you're employed by select medical, so you're not really a Cleveland clinic employee...like how Cleveland clinic got pay raises??! Yea we didn't because we're not employed through them...the rehab hospital was extremely stressful..there were days we got 10 new patients in a day!!! Most of the nurses weren't helpful...management played favorites...next time I'm going to make sure I work for a legit Cleveland clinic and not a fake one
Pros
3 12s a week
Cons
Terrible management and terrible pay
Great place to work,except th i s department
RN Program Coordinator -Neurological Institute (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2019
Very poor manager for this department. Did not like this position. One doctor was great,others were pathetic. Office politics were horrendous. Would never recommended this department to work in unless major changes were implemented
Pros
Cleveland clinic
Cons
Very poorly run department
No review at the tiem
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2019
No information at the time about the state of the clinic I have nothing to say or review about my current job state thank you for understanding my position at the moment..
Na
Appointment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2019
Answering the phones was fast paste
Learned patient comfort
Management was always on hand
Culture was diverse
Hardest Part was the stress on how to handle difficult calls
Most enjoyable part was helping other so
Pros
Pto
Cons
Scheduled break times that change daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cleveland Clinic.

Powered by Comparably