Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 2,387 reviews matching the search See all 2,506 reviews
Run! Apply some where else!
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
You have NO value if you are a Health Unit Coordinator,environmental service,valet parking attendant or red coat/volunteer.The nurses and doctors are God no matter what and people like to tattle and snitch via email.If you are of African-American descent/minority you're really in for some kind of experience! If you dont hold a clinical or high management or "fare skin" you will be demeaned and belittled on a daily basis.The money is terrible and the atmosphere will have you ready to commit a felony.Apply at your own risk!
All the Cleveland Clinic cared about was NOT World Class Service, but World Class Domination. The patients were just a number in their eyes.
Senior Applications System Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Market Hospitals.September 18, 2018
I worked for the Cleveland Clinic for 28 years, I liked what I did VERY MUCH! However their were always a bunch of politics that stood in the way! All Toby Cosgrove cared about was being on Television! It was Toby's way or the highway! It was about time that he retired and turned the reins over to someone else. All my friends I left behind, are ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE and are praying for an early retirement buyout! So VERY sad.
The Ideal Work Environement
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Cleveland Clinic is of the highest caliber within the world of medicine. No aspect of job life or work culture is without careful review to ensure it benefits employees and patients in every positive way possible. Highly recommended work environment.
Stressfull
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I must say that I enjoyed the time working with my doctor as well as the patients. Even though our schedule was the fullest practice of internal medicine. even with the fullest schedule my time was enjoyable. The issue at CCF is that you are not valued as an employee. They have a system where once a year management comes in and is sent in to target employees who are about to become vested with in the organization. They look for reasons to cut people so that they have no longevity with in the organization.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No job security
Typical day at Cleveland Clinic fast paced, management good, PTO was Great.
Part-Time Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I had an overall enjoyable work experience at Cleveland Clinic, managers were good, PTO was Great, as stated above overall Good experience at the Cleveland Clinic.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Comp Time
Face-paced work setting
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Nice place to work. Opportunity to meet individuals from all walks of life and many different countries. Opportunities for advancement and good benefits.
Good place to work with excellent benefits
Medical Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Cllnic was a very impressive place to work with excellent patient care to the community and all over the world. I started in the fundraising department and it was fun and very challenging. Medical secretary was a very stressful position, managing the doctors and patients schedules.
productive and very busy place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Very demanding work environment and fast pace. I have learned the how to become a good leader and role model for my team. The hardest part of the job is stress but the most enjoyable part is dealing with the patients
Pros
advancement and growth
Cons
stress
Easy workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Benefits are a plus here. Depending on what area you work in it can determine how well you like it. Working as an MA in patient is limiting. Good vibes in my office so I cant complain.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2018
No comments. My experience may not be the next employees experience. Good place to work. Just hard to advance despite the help that is provided with education.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement /low pay
I was really happy here.
Staff Nurse- Psychiatry Unit (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I was really happy at Akron General. When I was hired I didn't realize that the Cleveland Clinic had bought the hospital. If I had known, I would never have applied. The Cleveland Clinic is a horrible place for it's employees and my experience further substantiates the claims of so many others. We nearly ALWAYS worked short handed and the managers would know, not call anybody, smile, and tell us to have a good night as they walked out). I was yelled at time and again and instructed to with hold care from patients so that I could clock out on time. When I told my manager that I couldn't do this, that the patients were here because they were sick, the quest to fire me was ignited. Even with my managers constant harrassment, I still enjoyed working at Akron General. I was studying to get my CNS in my field and contemplating returning to college for my Masters Degree. Unfortunately, I was in a specialized field that's not really available at other hospitals. It's my understanding that a nurse must currently be working in the field she is seeking certification in. My coworkers were great. The Cleveland Clinic is an evil monopoly that consumes and destroys it's nurses.
Pros
Coworkers, close parking.
Cons
All of nurse management from Geri Guster on down, No discount on meals, no sugar containing sodas, constant mandatory classes, surveys, online training, the Cleveland Clinic buying the hospital.
Summary
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to work. Ranking the number 1 hospital in Miami- Fort Lauderdale metro area. The Moral and the ambiance of the work place is everything to be successful.
Amazing organization to work for
Materials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Working at Cleveland Clinic homecare in their pharmacy warehouse was a great, fulfilling career. I wish I had not taken another offer and left the company as I loved my co workers and the work that I did.
Pros
Great benefits, fair wages, consistent workflow, great support system
Cons
Too little space in the warehouse for everything we needed
Productive Place to work
Scheduling Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Cleveland Clinic is an OK place to work at. Some Departments can be very stressful. Management can be a little cut throat sometimes. Overall OK place to work for .
Pros
The Lunch breaks are One hour
Cons
Sometimes do don't get a break because your break is included into you lunch
Poor work place
Certified Medical Assistant-Surgical ICU/Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2018
If you are not a doctor or RN Cleveland clinic does not valve you at all. I have been with the clinic since 2007 and now new management has come in and I'm thrown around from job to job like I do not matter I have not had a raise in 3 years and I was told the reason why was because I did not get a flu shot which is religious reasons. I do not get acknowledged with my hard work and dedication to this company. I use to love it here working with the patients is the best but they have changed my position where I'm in a closet making calls. I went to school as well and not to be a secretary I enjoy interacting with people face to face. I can really say I do not like this job anymore. I got in the field to work with patients
Excellent place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2018
The Cleveland Clinic is an incredible organization to work for. They offer training and educational opportunities to advance your career. They are a leader in healthcare innovation and services to the community.
Pros
Job security
Patient focussed mission
Research Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  ClevelandSeptember 12, 2018
While the management does a lot to maintain high standards of patient care, there is limited opportunities of growth for employees. Compensation also leaves a lot to be desired. There is very limited flexibility for work-life balance.
They won't care about you
Pre Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 10, 2018
They don't care about you unless you are a doctor, nurse, or lawyer... If you are in any other department, you're chopped liver. They'll mess up your check, not care, even if you're facing eviction. Cleveland Clinic cares only about who makes them money, HR has a terrible attitude, and managers don't know what they're doing.
benefits
Cons
management, Hr, raises
A review
Assistant Nurse Manager Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 9, 2018
A typical day at work begins with orienting the staff to their patients by way of assignments. Then checking the patients for central line dressings and lines and foleys that may be discontinued. Management does not show up for night shift.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHSeptember 8, 2018
Loved just about everything about except lower wage than Trumbull County wages... The staff expected the best out of you and gave you the ability to use the skills and education provided through schooling...
Pros
Discounts to weight watchers and curves and other gyms.
Cons
An hour drive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight