Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with an abundance of opportunity
PATIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 5, 2018
My job is great- I am basically a combination of an administrative assistant and secretary. It is very rewarding to work for the clinic when you can see the patients are having a positive experience.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, best insurance in the country
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 5, 2018
great benefits ,great work atmosphere ,good pay , good co worker, great managers, fair, room for advancement, great rewards , low cost insurance, good discounts
Financial Counseling
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2018
My typical day including but was not limited to going to each of the Financial Counselors in there work areas to see how things were going I did that twice a week. I would check for patients scheduled to be seen whos insurances were not going to pay for services. I reviewed all non-payment sheets and authorized deposits for services.
Pros
Got the job done
Cons
So sad for patients who were self pay
research techs are always exploring new techniques
Lead Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2018
Opportunity in research to find better ways to do things. Departmental lectures keep you abreast of the field.
Experiments can easily extend past an 8 hour day or a 5 day week.
Publish-or-Perish environment in research means your project must produce results for renewed funding.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
federal research fundingis for 5 years
Fun place to work, good benefits, exceptional healthcare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland OH 44109April 4, 2018
Fun place to work, good benefits, exceptional healthcare. Rated top 5 in most healthcare categories. Great medical/surgical experience. Some places you have to pay for parking. 403b 50cent on the dollar up to 6%.
Pros
403b 50cent on the dollar up to 6%. Great medical/dental/vision benefits
Cons
Some places pay for parking, average pay compared to hospital systems in the area
community involvement
REGISTERED NURSE, INTERNAL FLOAT POOL (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 4, 2018
Fast paced
Work 3 shifts / week for full time status
Flexible shifts
Your just another number
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2018
main campus parking sucks everyone looks like unhappy zombies , my manager sucked and they are a very political company I hated working here !!!!!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Managers, Main Campus, Recruitment, Hr
Great Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2018
Management that was involved and hands on when needed, and hands off when appropriate. Expectations were realistic however patient load was pretty heavy. Charting system and paging system were extremely helpful, easy to use and functional.
Pay
assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2018
Cleveland are not meeting the salary mark for basis life survival needs! A typical day at Cleveland Clinic is pleasant with the patient and some of the staff. Management in the Lab are great but, sometimes don't play fair when it comes to advisement and scheduling! Salary plays a major factor with Cleveland Clinic because lots of the staff give a hundred and ten percent of their self but are not compensated the proper way for the amount of effort and work that are requested. Furthermore, I didn't feel a safe zone for me to complain to the lab staff on how I was being harass by my coworker, which was my major factor for leaving,
Pros
Its a good atmosphere to work in.
Cons
The pay is horrible!
Nice Place to Work and Obtain Knowledge
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
Difficult for a woman in leadership to excel in the gentlemen's club.
Lots of politics in play with management; however, anyone working there can be a sponge and absorb it all in.

Excellent physicians!
Pros
Saying you work for Cleveland Cleveland
Cons
Management Promotions on Tenure not Knowledge
Rn
Rn- Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 30, 2018
I am a case manager and oversee 20-30 patients. The productivity is 5 per day. There is on call and that is the worst part of this job. It can be very stressful.
Positive enviroment to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 29, 2018
Positive environment, when need help and questions, others always willing to help in any situation. Management was wonderful in many ways. Loved on Wednesday mornings for staff meetings and all gathering discussing how the beginning of the week is began. Employees always made each other laugh when down.
No room for advancement / Stressful
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHMarch 29, 2018
When I first started out as a PSR here, things were not so terrible.
Now we have a PAC and work leader that sit in the office and do nothing to help us at peak hours. They socialize and ignore you when you have a complaint about another worker. If you get stuck in a department with slackers, prepare to do the work of two employees. The administration will lie to you about the job description and hours that you will work, just so you will take the job. Now we are required to force patients to use the Kiosk to check in. They are rarely working correctly and patients do not want to use them. They just recently downgraded our job to a PSS (Patient service specialist) to encompass the "customer service" part of the job. Just "smile" and pretend you love your job and you are golden. The number of procedures and policies that you are required to remember are staggering. We get calls all day by the call center that get paid more than us to do the same job. They changed the policy so now you are stuck in your terrible job for 2 years instead of 1 to be able to post out. Even if you were hired under the old policy. There are no opportunities for advancement at REJ. So basically, if you are not a nurse or doctor then don't care about salary as we were told by the clerical manager. We should be there for patient satisfaction ONLY.
Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Pushing reschedules out 5 months is RIDICULOUS! They let the providers put in last minute vacation time which pushes out patients' appointments for months. The Cleveland Clinic is NOT world-class care at all! The
  more... only thing positive is the decent health care coverage. But that seems to be going up all the time too!  less
Pros
Decent healthcare coverage
Cons
Low Salary, Working the Kiosk, No room for advancement
great patient's good hospital to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHMarch 28, 2018
my understanding now is never feel like you are valued because people tell you you are, it;s what people show you when you need them the most that speak unspoken feeling never heard.
fun job to have
Customer Service/ Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2018
working at the clinic has been the best experience thus far I would recommend this job highly to someone who is looking to grow in customer service very nice job
Can be a great place to work
Patient Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2018
You can honestly get as many hours as you want. Its a simple job and they give you the tools to do your job effectively. Just show up on time, stay on task, and keep looking for opportunities for growth.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
point system
Great
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Warrensville, OHMarch 24, 2018
It was a great place to work until new management came along and wanted to change the culture of " Patience First". The it became more about money and title's..
Pros
Community
Cons
poor management
good place
Post Doctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2018
Amazing place to work! Cleveland Clinic is a great place to work. A typical day on my job is a busy and at times productive. They provide great opportunities for advancement in your career and supporting you to go back to school, I enjoy being a caregiver at the clinic.
great place
Emergency Room Biller (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 24, 2018
It was a great place to work with a great supervisor. They are understanding and compassionate. They treat their employees with respect. They laid me off as they out-sourced the position to a billing company.
Pros
Great Co-workers, supervisor fair and professsional
Work Setting
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
Cleveland Clinic is world renowned. The education department works to keep all staff up to date and on the forefront of new medical science advances.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cleveland Clinic.