Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Great starter Job
Medical Technologist/ Clinical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2018
Great starter job. This job taught me so many skills that I still use to this day. This job prepared me for any other job that I have had thereafter. This job provided me a soild foundation and I am forever grateful.
Productive and Fast Paced work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 8, 2018
Always busy in the call center. Keeps employees focused and ahead of the game with updates and changes.The hardest part of the job is the repetition and remembering information for 18 different departments.
Not what I expected
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 8, 2018
While Management is a good talent, overall the training was not what I expected, 2 days of training then on the phone. Then 2 more days of training then back on the phone. You are graded immediately on your calls. Also you are not allowed to ask for help. Needless to say not Impressed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Training is sub par
They are number one for a reason
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 8, 2018
Cleveland clinic looks great on a resume but not a great place if compared to somewhere else that feels as though they care about their employees . Working at the clinic you feel as a number you are just here to hurry up and get the job done and go home . There is a strict point system 1 min late and you get 1/3 of a point .
Top Healthcare Institution in Northeast Ohio
Internet Content Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2018
A great place to develop professional skills. The benefits package for full-time caregivers is excellent with opportunities to lower your benefits cost by participating in company sponsored healthcare programs. Opportunities for advancement are scarce unless you are a participant in GOAL.
Benefits
Rn
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  main campusMay 7, 2018
Great place to work as a new nurse however very high stress level with a lot of editing and auditing. Minimal support from nurse managers but assistant nurse managers are around to help.
Culture of Patients First
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
Excellent atmosphere for positive growth and development for employees and patients alike.
Enterprise as a whole thrives for excellence and you will be supported by your coworkers at every level.
Put files in boxes
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2018
It was okay for the most part! Very hot in that basement ! But they will work you to death. It was only temporary but it was a cool gig nice pay for it to be through a temp.
Pros
Right on Euclid
Cons
Paying for parking sucks
Great Work environment and great education opportunities
Neuroscience Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2018
Working at the clinic presented an amazing opportunity for education and advancement. I found compensation to be insufficient but overall I enjoyed my time there.
Undergoing Many Changes.....Restructuring
Lead Trainer/Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 2, 2018
New CEO/President, not sure the direction of the Enterprise. Undergoing many changes under the new President. A lot of Management changes and implementing IFIL and AIM methodologies and requiring all of ITD to go through the courses.
overall
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMay 1, 2018
very helpful and calm setting. I learn new things every day I come into work. flexable hours and scduling . great bennifits, nurses also are very helpful and considerate
One of America's great institutions
Executive Director of Patient Support Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2018
Learned a great deal at Cleveland Clinic and the relationships made are lasting. This organization is the pride of Cleveland and one of America's great hospital systems. The Clinic strives for perfection in everything it does. Inspirational and I have great pride having worked there.
Pros
Compensations is very good as are benefits.
Cons
Somewhat self guided without clear expectations of what success looks like.
Hectic workplace
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHApril 26, 2018
Many of the children came back day after day during the summer. They were given the same activities and were very disruptive. The staff was very unorganized.
Cons
Not staffed correctly
Fast paced
REGISTRATION REP / AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 26, 2018
Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. As long as you do your work right no one bothers you. There is no mircro-managing (at least) in the departments I worked. Great place to work with great benefits.
Flexibility in schedule, not micro-managed
System Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
Enjoyed working with staff. I wasnt micro-managed and had my own private office, NOT a cubicle! Enjoyed having flexibility in schedule and the generous amount of PTO. Benefit premiums were high. All good until Outsourcing!!
Pros
Flexibility in schedule, not micro-managed
Cons
outsourcing
Enoyable job
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
I worked at 3 different departments. I worked in Dietary, Pharmacy, and Cardiology. I worked there for 22 years. I got a chance to see open-heart surgery and learn a lot about the medical field.
Fast paced but at the same time, rewarding
Administrative Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2018
Great place to work if your gold is to help people who are going through life changing illnesses. This also includes caring for family members who try to navigate through the system.
Good benefits.
Hostile environment and no confidentiality from management
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2018
Stress environment
Depending on the shift, not a lot of team effort
Management is not effective leaders
Poor decisions have reflections on the staff
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no flexibility, does not promote personal growth, no confidentiality from managemnet
Advancement
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2018
I enjoy the fact that I know I can grow within this organization if I stay by applying internally to other departments. I can advance to higher positions or new positions I qualify for and this includes applying to other locations which is awesome if ever considering relocating.
Pros
Advanced work place, new technology, promotions within organizations.
Cons
Stressful and demanding.
Interesting and Meaningful Work
Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2018
Able to work with top healthcare leaders (administrators and physicians) to establish new technology and business strategies that empower caregivers to deliver superior healthcare and control expenses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cleveland Clinic.