Cleveland Indians Employee Reviews

fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2018
was a fun place to work at. quick paced environment and great team oriented atmosphere. Had the privilege of working baseball games during the season as well.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
short hours and no medical insurance
Fantastic work environment, great management, poor career advancement
KIDS CLUBHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Working in the Kids Clubhouse for three seasons has been a real treat and I will always appreciate how much I've learned from the company. Learning everything from management, to professional teamwork, to fan appreciation it was a very enjoyable work environment. Although the Indians do offer professional internships, the career advancement is not guaranteed. Also, being a seasonal job means that for 5 months out of the year you are out of work. In conclusion, great work environment, fantastic management/coworkers, poor career advancement.
Pros
Positive work environment, Kind and understanding management, great pay
Cons
Poor career advancement, seasonal work
great environment with great baseball team
Custodial Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2018
It's interesting working with fellow employees and Indians fans. I learned how to deal with problems that fans were having, and whether to handle them myself or refer them to myself supervisor. My supervisors were always willing to assist me when I needed it, and didn't get upset if I asked a stupid question. My fellow employees were also willing to help. The worst part of the job was dealing with drunk or aggressive fans. The best part was dealing with young fans who didn't have much experience with major league baseball.
Pros
working outside in the summer.
Cons
drunk fans
Fun staff, discounts
Suitekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Cleaned your own rooms. Got small employee discounts. Had vending machines and close to restaurants for food and drinks. Awful parking lot, took 5 minutes to walk into work.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
parking lot
Great Company to work for
Distribution Center Internship (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Great organization to be apart of. Fun and enjoyable work environment. It is also fast-pased, with great managers. Learned a lot about leadership and working independently, along with teams.
not so good.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 31, 2017
this place is very unprofessional. partiality shown, disrespect, harassment, terrible management, unorganized I mean you name it
steer clear. not an enjoyable barely even tolerable place to work.
Pros
its a job
Cons
not gonna be able to pay to many bills with the money you make.
Physical
GROUNDSKEEPER, MLB (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2017
Very physical job requiring you to work under pressure and all types of weather. On call when rain comes. Awarding in the respect that you work with major league baseball players.
Pros
Working with players
Cons
Seasonal
Great place for work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2017
Great community and staff. You learn something new everyday. I can't beginning to express the love I have for my coworkers. I hope to return there for work next year.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough benifits
Nice place to work
OH (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2017
Cleveland Indians is the best job I ever work & my first job at that good ppl nice bosses & worker I love my job as a custodial easy job to work at everybody know how to get alone & now how communication with everybody
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hour break
Favorite Job
Kids Clubhouse Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 10, 2017
Working for the Indians has been my favorite job since I began to work! The flexibility is great when you have multiple jobs, school, and a family to balance.
Pros
flexible, fun
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Cleveland Indians?

Ask a question
Seasonal Usher and Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 10, 2017
The Cleveland Indians are a great organization to work for. Every employee is treated like family. Exciting,fun,enjoyable atmosphere and competitive wages.
Decent place to work if you enjoy the game of baseball, but dont expect a high payrate.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
At first, this was a fun place to work, and even now its not horrible. But if you're not one for the same, mundane routine everyday, this is not for you. The breaks are 20 minutes, the pay is just above minimum wage, and you get no discounts on tickets. You cant eat the ballpark food, even if you're paying! Some days you go in and have no idea when you'll be getting out. Not a place to work if you can't stand for a long time, as there are not many opportunities to rest outside of your break. While it is not horrible, the lack of simple benefits here and there make you feel unappreciated in all the work you do to make the ballpark enjoyable.
Pros
You get to attend as many indians games as you want (as long as you're working them), flexible schedules, merchandise discount.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no discounts on tickets
Dream Job
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
Highly competitive to get into. The atmosphere was amazing. Combining a job with my interests is something I have always wanted. With some good background, they will take a look into bringing you on board.
Exciting and fun place to work with a fantastic astomoshere.
Premium Seating, (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
Welcoming fans upon arrival, scanning tickets, wrist banding and preparing suites. Interacting with fans and sharing the excitement of the game with them. I can honestly say taking this job I have learned more about baseball than I ever knew, The hardest part of the job was learning where everything is in the ballpark. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being there. Its just an amazing place to be.
Pros
uniforms supplied, double time for holidays, seeing the games
Cons
employee breakroom is not the best nor employee food choices
Fun and productive workplace
Custodial Suite Cleaning/Gameday Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2017
Helping fans create memories while keeping the ballpark clean the most enjoyable part of my work day is enjoying the fans.
The hardest part of the job is keeping some fans satisfied
Great Place to Work
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2017
A great place to work, enjoy the work and the games, can work part time while working another full time job. Get to know some of the players and enjoy working outside
A freindly,and professional work inviroment
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
A great work inviromnet makes this one of my all-time favorite job assingments, an the ability to sever an promote my city in performing my daily post requirements,, It also help's as a am big fan.
very fun Great atmosphere
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2017
great fans
great co-workers
Great vibe
The food smell like no other
One of the best ball parks in the MLB
My favorite section was the bleachers
The biggest Jumbo-Tron ever
Pros
The organization works around your schedule and you get to see the game everyday
Cons
N/a
Go Indians
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 19, 2016
Friendly environment always lots of new faces to meet. The staff was amazing just like a family. We had fun everyday all while completing our tasks. As long as you can show up the work is fun and easy.
Exciting
Usher -ticket taker (Current Employee) –  Progressive fieldDecember 1, 2016
Fun place to work ,unbelievable atmosphere, workers help each other and care for each other , we all work together to ensure the satisfaction of the fans 100%.
Pros
Get free gear at times, chance to meet and see major league players, watch the World Series, lunches are low cost
Cons
Stand for long hours