Cleveland Indians

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Cleveland Indians Employee Reviews

This job prepared me for the next steps
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2019
I learned so much while working here but I wish they would hire from within instead of who owes who a favor. It was a great place that I would like to end up again someday.
Fun place to work most of the time
Office Security (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Get to meet a lot of people coming in and out of the building on a daily basic.
A typical work day for me is when the players are away out of town playing
Pros
Get to go to some of the games
Cons
healthcare
Fun workplace with great people
Game Day Security (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2019
A day at work consisted of being assigned to a position by a supervisor and then manning that post for about 3 hours. Breaks were then given and we were assigned new positions afterwards. Everybody I worked with was upbeat and happy to be in the ballpark working, and the same goes for the managers and supervisors. Their energy and willingness to mingle with the other employees helped make the day better. The toughest part of my job, at least, was the monotony of checking bags and dealing with fans that didn't follow instructions, but my day was never bad because of those things. The most enjoyable part was most definitely the fact that I was in the ballpark; I love the Indians, and I was always just happy to be there!
Pros
Great coworkers, solid pay, great supervisors
Cons
Occasional tough shifts (Late Night)
Awesome place to work
Clubhouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  2601 s Wood blvdDecember 7, 2018
Fun work environment! Great staff! Great perks! Got to meet alot of professional baseball players and coaches including some hall of famers! Really excited to go to work everyday!
Fun
Concessions & Event Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2018
Loved working for DNC. Fast-paced environment with a great team of staff members. Management were great.
Only reason for leaving was more many and advancing in my career
Pros
Fun
Great Place to work
Retail Concessions Sales Associate/Stand Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2018

Good Managers

Good company to work for

Good relationship with fellow employees

Lots of teamwork

Excellent Training

Opportunity for Advancement in the organization.
Typical Day
Power Washer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Oversee power washing operations at Progressive Field
Operate power washing equipment while following all safety rules and regulations
Maintain a clean work area
A great insight to sports retail
Retail Distribution Center Processor, OH (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2018
It was a great opportunity to see the other side of sport business that most people does not know about. I had the chance to see the cycle of a piece of merchandise from purchasing, to quality control, to store distribution, to visual set up.
Fun, busy, pretty calm environment
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Really nice to work there, fast paced, pretty calm, and pretty positive. I get respected, treated fairly, good bonds with my coworkers, a pretty good experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No sitting
Good work place for people that work good alone and follow directions well.
Power Washer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2018
Great work place just not supervised well. Supervisors assistant was the cause of me leaving. Job is fairly easy but found myself doing assistants supervisors job more than I liked after completing my duties so found a better job roofing and then went on to open my own carwash.
Very difficult (typical in job field)
Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2018
Working for the Cleveland Indians (professional baseball in general) was very difficult overall, but Im thankful for the hard learned lessons it taught me about business, working with people, and life in general.
Pros
Learning Experiences & off-season
Cons
Can be intensely cut-throat, below min. wage, contract restrictions
Productive and fast paced environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2018
The job in itself was a great learning experience. At tees it was an extremely stressful environment and other times it was a significantly laid back environment. It offered a lot of hands on experience in the field.
Pros
Free gear, Working with Professional Athletes, Hands on Learning
Cons
Long hours, Low hourly wage, would work weeks straight without a day off
Productive place to work with good people
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2018
Productive Place to work, filled with learning experiences and up to date advancements in the field, in terms of continuing education, growth mindset, and the newest technology.
Great Place to Work on the most recent video and scoreboard technology
ENG/Game Camera Operator, Scoreboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2018
As of the 2016 Baseball Season, the Scoreboard Control Room and video boards were updated to the most recent video and electronic technology. Learning new equipment and of course the most recent has afforded a great opportunity to advance and keep up to date in my chosen video career. Game presentation and elements are put together and very easily executed by the whole scoreboard game day staff. There are opportunities to learn other positions and the management is willing to work with you on training and answering questions and assisting with things that may be of a concern with you.

It is a fast-paced work environment and intense at times but a fun and educational and worthwhile environment to work in
Pros
Great experience in the sports and video industry
Cons
Fast-paced, intense
Nice place for first job
suite cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2018
This was my first real job. I enjoyed it for the most part, I worked independently, how I like it. The few downsides were, it was first shift, working in the summer was the worst because they never turned on the air condition, and we had multiple rooms to clean in such short period of time, so there was hard labor. I did like that we were able to get overtime and work games, which I did a lot, and I loved because it was like having a free ticket to watch the game and I liked that we got a small raise each year we worked there.
Pros
got overtime
Cons
had short hours for normal shift, hard labor
Good Environment with good Employees
Athlete (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 26, 2018
Most managers wanted to see each employee succeed. Didn't divulge the right information for each employee to get to there full potential. Could have had more advancement earlier if certain information was used more wisely.
Premium Seating (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
I am always looking forward to going into work. It is a great place to work. The environment is fun and the employees are respectful and helpful to everyone.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
A lot of just standing around during the game
fun place to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 23, 2018
was a fun place to work at. quick paced environment and great team oriented atmosphere. Had the privilege of working baseball games during the season as well.
Pros
great environment to work in
Cons
short hours and no medical insurance
Working with the Indians is fun, exciting, and fast paced.
Cleveland Strikers Promo Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
This has been my favorite job. It is enjoyable and perfect for me. I have fun and look forward to it every time I work! It is a great place to interact with people, enjoy baseball games, and work in a friendly environment.
Fantastic work environment, great management, poor career advancement
KIDS CLUBHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Working in the Kids Clubhouse for three seasons has been a real treat and I will always appreciate how much I've learned from the company. Learning everything from management, to professional teamwork, to fan appreciation it was a very enjoyable work environment. Although the Indians do offer professional internships, the career advancement is not guaranteed. Also, being a seasonal job means that for 5 months out of the year you are out of work. In conclusion, great work environment, fantastic management/coworkers, poor career advancement.
Pros
Positive work environment, Kind and understanding management, great pay
Cons
Poor career advancement, seasonal work