Client Services Inc.

Client Services Inc. Employee Reviews

United States284 reviews
Featured review
Client Services Inc. selected this as a representative review
CSI is (by far) one of the best places that I have worked. I have been with CSI for 5 years and I have seen a lot of changes. Over the last 6 months, I have seen a great change in mentality of all Managers. The company is working to bring us more benefits and change for the better...it is starting to make a HUGE difference. Keep it up!

The hardest part about the job is learning everything that you need to know about the collections industry. This is NOT a simple job. I have seen people leave the company because they thought it would be easy and it's not. A lot of the business changes, but (as my manager explains) that is all due to our clients being some of the biggest banks in the US...probably the world. As the market changes, our clients and us have to adapt to the changing environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is 100% the people you will meet along the way. From Recruiting into Training, then onto the Collection Floor...everyone I met along the way was great and willing to help in my growth with CSI.
Pros
Time Off (5 days after 6 months, another 10 days after a year), Work-life Balance (structured shifts), Micro-Market (like a mini-QT in the breakrooms), Coworkers, Management, Opportunity for Growth
Cons
Healthcare could be better, but thats my only complaint
Very Boring Job with no raises .. will fire you without warning.. no phones or books .. OR PAPER ALLOWED .. very flexible with schedule if needed to be
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Boring
The training and trainers are inexperienced and computers are outdated. People fight in the parking lot. Rats play in the desk drawers. They don’t follow CDC guidelines for a safe environment. Management says if you are worried about COVID just don’t come. You aren’t allowed to miss ONE day. Schedule is all over the place. Two day off at 8pm some days 6pm then one day off at 4pm.
Pros
Easy to get hired
July 20, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. As a company, CSI is continually evolving and taking into consideration this feedback as well as other feedback received from current employees. The safety and health of our employees is a top priority for CSI. We follow all COVID-19 guidance from the CDC. In fact we were recently congratulated by the local Health Department for going above and beyond in our COVID-19 mitigation policies; which include the mandatory wearing of masks, social distancing of all work stations, providing hand sanitizer and wipes, daily sanitation of work areas and common areas, elimination of all in-person meetings, stopping all business travel, and sending more than half our employees to work from home.

We’re not aware of fights in the parking lot or any rats in the facilities. We wish you would have reported these incidents to your manager or to Human Resources. The attendance during the two-week initial training period is strict due to the large amount of information that is trained. After training, the schedule is 3 days working 8AM-5PM; 1 day working 10AM-7PM and 1 day working 11AM-8PM. Outside of training, our attendance policy is flexible and accommodates personal matters outside of work to allow our employees to make up their time.
Worst mistake ever made working it was horrific horrible place and a very very very bad experience. Absolutely would never ever ever ever recommend it to anyone never ever.
Pros
Cons
Monotonous and Repetitive
I began working here as kind of a “band- aid” job, only planning to stay for a few months. The management team helps to develop your skills to be successful and has greatly improved this process on my portfolio there. It is because of such training that I found success there and am still there!
Work from home after 90 days, not sure when we will be back in office but loving it !
Pros
Great people and managers, Work from home after 90 days, schedules are flexy
Cons
Pay not enough, High deductible benefit plan but thats everywhere, reviews not often enough
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
management is not trained to manage people.
they pile on you more and more work but will not allow overtime.

you might be lucky to work with good and helpful people, but management will do nothing to keep those people with the company.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
bad benefits and pay for a hard work. only one week off per year for sick time and vacation.
The company itself felt like it did not have a very clear goal in mind. There were only a handful of employees that had been there for over 2 years when I was there and a few of them even left to work somewhere else. I do appreciate the job experience that I obtained from being there as it did open doors for me
Pros
Diverse and managerial staff were good people
Cons
Filthy buildings, unclear goals, and misunderstandings when it comes to income
I'm upset because they let me go due to company downsizing and I was the only person effected. I loved my job and felt like I was doing well so I was surprised when this happened.
Lacking on management, pay is horrible . All the managers smoke weed and act dumb. Teachers pets. They say we are all a team but people can take accounts
This company is not a career job. The managers are not knowledgeable, not helpful, and not professional. They tell you one thing but then it’s something else, don’t give raise. I suggest that people should not apply there at Client Services Inc because it’s not what you think.
Client Services is a great place to start growth corporately. This is a place to grow FROM as well. This is a place to start if you did not finish college.
If you have no empathy or sympathy for people, you'll do great. But, if you actually care about people and want to help don't work here. First week of training we all had no clue really what the job was until week 2 of training. The training is also to short for what is expected of you.
I made new lifelong friends. I also learned new job experience grew as a person. Learning telephone skills and getting to talk to all sorts of different people in different situations was a learning process. I had to use empathy but still remain professional knowing I had a job to do.
Pros
Learning was great.
Cons
Speaking to people with very sad situations.
Management is joke! HR personal are unprofessional and very rude. Company policy changes almost daily. Good luck getting consumers to answer the phone. A lot of downtime. There is absolutely no job security here and getting a raise is out of the question. Health benefits are very expensive. This company will NOT work with you if you need time off for personal matters outside of work.
March 23, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. As a company, CSI is continually evolving and taking into consideration this feedback as well as other feedback received from current employees. CSI conducts regularly scheduled performance and salary reviews with every employee, which also provides for pay increases and advancement opportunities. Our attendance policy is flexible and accommodates personal matters outside of work to allow our employees to make up their time. We continually review our benefits for ways to improve the value to our employees and make CSI the “employer of choice.” Based on current survey data, we are pleased to say our current benefit offerings are very competitive.
They only care for they customers and is not flexible or understanding at all about anything. Dont provide much help when needed and managers too busy.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. CSI is continually evolving and this feedback will assist in that process. Our attendance policy is flexible to accommodate personal matters outside of work to allow our employees to make up their time.
Personally I'm not a fan of calling people and begging them to pay their bills. That was really the only bad thing about it. The job itself is not hard as long as you don't break any laws. In the midst of the conversations you also have to make sure you get every disclosure out (the breaking the law part). I personally feel like they should have automatic recordings for that. Which would make it that much easier to make the calls. The pay is pretty much what you fight for. So when you apply make sure you don't low ball yourself.
Pros
You're sitting at a desk so if you have bad feet or knees that helps a lot.
Cons
Having to bother people about money for a living lol
March 25, 2020
The is a credit card collection agency, that houses several different banking collections. i.e. CaptialOne, Bank of America, etc..
My job was very detailed oriented as I had to listen to calls between agent and customer and if errors were made they were noted and sent back to the main floor managers.
I was bilingual collector. If you a good heart, you cannot collect enough debts. That was me. This is a seasonal workplace. It was no place to growth.
The company is a very great place to work. The company will work with the employees if they have personal issues that can not be helped and the managers want the employees to strive in the work environment and do very well.
Pros
Great company to work for, because they help you strive for the best.
Cons
Sometimes the customers get irate, but that is part of the job.
The thing I love the most about this place is the schedule flexibility and that management understands when you have issues you need to deal with. They genuinely care about you as a person not just an employee.They understand people have needs outside of work and as long as you work your 39 hours somehow each week your good. A PLACE WHERE MANAGEMENT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THEIR PEOPLE!!!
No match 401k. Insurance sucks. Very cut throat. If you need a flexable schedule this place is great. Everything else sucks. Find somewhere else to work you will be happier
February 25, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Client Services Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8