Cliffside Malibu Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
i hated my job
RHA (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 23, 2018
this place really sucked the joy out of my life, management is horrendous.I felt like i was in high school with all the constant gossip. No appreciation of staff and all the hardwork they do.
Pros
free food and fun co-workers
Cons
management
Productive and and the leading edge
Made all appointments for therapist to clients (Former Employee) –  PCH Malibu, Ca.April 27, 2018
I enjoyed working with Cliffside. I enjoyed the therapists onsite as they only hired caring and knowledgeable people with skills.
The hardest part of the job was not making enough money to survive.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay to low for area
Not a good job for a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAMarch 21, 2018
I worked here barley a month when the girls in housekeeping started to try to kick me, and three other new ladies out. They spread rumors, and tried to convince the head housekeeper that we were not worth keeping around. So much stress and drama, along with the head housekeeper being friends with all of the ladies to begin with. We were asked to park our cars down in a lot at the bottom of a hill, and be driven up by a counselor from the office. Sometimes, the van would never come back to pick us up at the end of our shift and we were left waiting there. The drama was so bad with these people, all three of us quit after 4 months. I'm sure the higher positions are great, but overall the housekeeping staff was in disarray.
Pros
Free food, Good Pay
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management
A wonderful place to work with a gorgeous view
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Being less than a mile away from Zuma beach, working Cliffiside Malibu was one the greatest experiences that i had. You worked along good people who help you in your time of need. The clients that worked with were also nice as well. I would highly recommend this place to work at.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner, go to the movies on sundays with clients, etc
Cons
No fast food places around when wanting a break so much eat at the facility
It’s a family Atmosphere, no politics, no BS. Pretty much everyone looks out for one another.
Lead Resident AdvisorResident advisor (Former Employee) –  Malibu CaliforniaDecember 15, 2017
atmosphere, no politics, no BS. Pretty much everyone looks out for one another.
But I also loved working in a place where people were not desensitized to the process of helping another human being recover from drug and alcohol abuse, depression, and other social disorders.
I have worked in behavioral health for sometime, and truthfully there’s nothing like Cliffside.
Excellent place to work
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 12, 2017
I truly enjoyed working there and was sad to leave. I left on good terms and am able to go back. Due to the commute it is to far. I wish everyone there all the best.
Very family oriented within supervisors and staff
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAMay 20, 2017
Creative and well experienced place to work at and for. Staff and supervisors build family oriented relationships, which for this writer means a great deal, as working with a family mindset eases pressures of job related issues.
I loved my job
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CANovember 1, 2016
I was more like an office manager and felt the communications were weak.The company needed to be more hands on in training.The office needed monthly meetings.
Pros
Great to help addicts.
Cons
Poor communication
growing place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CAOctober 10, 2016
this is a great place to spread your wings and cut ties with manager always looking over you shoulders. The business is a 24/7 job. As long as you don't do something outrageous you'll have a job.
Pros
there always work
Cons
better benefits
Productive family atmosphere
Supervision of the Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJune 17, 2016
During my work experience, the company grew from two facilities to 10. The changes were challenging and rewarding. Working in a management position my co-workers were always respected for their hard work and dedication. The hardest part of the job was reprimanding staff and seeing a client regress rather than advance through treatment. The most enjoyable part of the position was see the staff excel and provide the best possible experience.
Pros
Meals were provide
Cons
Long hours at times.
I thought it was great
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malibu CASeptember 8, 2015
Site was very user friendly and made things alot easier when it comes to applying online. Thank you for the opportunity and the time!
Cliffside Malibu
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAAugust 4, 2015
Great place to work. I learned a great deal while working there. Would go back to Cliffside to work again if I lived closer to the area.
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cliffside Malibu. Our community is ready to answer.

Cliffside Malibu Reviews by Location