CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Employee Reviews

Billable hours
Senior, Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 24, 2018
Very strict on billable hours budget. Work/life balance was very good as they allowed me to work a 4/10 workweek. Local office did very little managing as they are part of a regional team.
Employees are helpful.
Tax Associate/Senior Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
Employees are willing to lend a hand whenever you were stuck on a problem and needed help. I learned a lot, but not through the CPE so much as from reviewer comments on my work.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays when we had to work.
Cons
Outside CPE was discouraged.
Typical large public accounting firm
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2017
Typical - up or out - large public accounting firm, even though they claim they are not an up or out firm. There is no place for an employee who does not want to be on a partner level. Mostly younger staff who form cliques and those not in the cliques are not given work to do.

High, HIGH emphasis on budgeting billable hours and meeting that budget. So much emphasis on budget and on getting new clients that client service sometimes suffers, which has resulted in long time, pre-merger clients leaving. Priority is on getting billable hours and company profit - not on client service.

Principals hoard the review work for themselves - managers don't get review work to do, but aren't really scheduled for fieldwork - get caught in the middle with no work to do, therefore don't meet budget hours. And the principal is so busy with the hoarded work that it takes weeks, sometimes months, to get an audit through the review process and issued - again you end up with unhappy clients and some who leave.
Pros
Good pay, benefits - dinners brought in for tax staff during busy season
Cons
Emphasis on billable hours and new clients to the detriment of client service, Work not allocated appropriately, Social cliques affect work assignments
Good advancement posibilities, compensation does not meet work expectations
Associate-Audit (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 11, 2017
They are a large national company that expects you to work at the levels of a Big 4 company with compensation of a smaller regional company and no bonuses paid to lower level employees. They are a good company to get a foot in the door to get public accounting experience, but are not worth the long term commitment.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
Low compensation
Excellent Place to work
CAST Senior Consultant, Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2017
As part of the CAST team, I was able to interact with members of the client's accounting team and make recommendations to improve processes and correct problems identified. Very rewarding opportunity.
Pros
Excellent technology tools to interface with client's systems
Cons
Communication on project work schedules was poor
Not the greatest place to work
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 18, 2017
Management is passive-aggressive and won't tell you what's wrong with your performance until it's too late. They hire people on your team and don't tell you who they are or what's going on. Co-workers have attitude problems (which is a problem at any job, I know that) but don't get called out by management for said attitude problems. A generally not-good place to work.
Fun workplace
Senior Auditor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2017
Great job environment; work time starts from 8:00 to 5:00; flexible work schedule; long work hours during busy season; great team environment; great culture
Pros
Free Snacks
Solid organization
Engagement Director (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 25, 2017
Standard accounting organization. Hours are long and travel can be difficult. Likely good for a starting job for someone young. As a more mature worker, they respect my skills and experience.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
hours
Great internship experience
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2017
I really enjoyed my internship experience at CliftonLarsonAllen. I was able to get a broad experience of public accounting and learn something new everyday.
Cons
Experienced Audit Associate, Financial Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2016
-work closely with partners and higher senior management
-able to work on audit and tax
-industrial specialized
-better work and life balance comparing to big 4
Great "in betweener" job
Word Processing Operator/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 26, 2015
I worked as a Word Processor but was also the department's "go-to" for administrative needs.The job was good, fast-paced but the stressful environment made it hard to wake up and go to everyday.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
stressful
Honestly if I could give them a negative overall rating I would have to.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIAugust 5, 2014
I agree with all the other negative comments. They are extremely unorganized! It is not what you know; it is who you know. (very clicky) There is a general format for procedures, however no one follows them and you have to cater to each individuals demands (each of them feels they are most important over the other). You are given different instructions from three different people, so you don’t know who or what to follow. There is allot of back stabbing! They pile on the work load and add to your responsibilities with little to no training. Poor management! The only good thing I can say is that I had some pleasant experiences with other CLA employees out of the area. Just not this office!
Pros
It was close to home. I met some new people through the business.
Cons
Extremely unorganized. Poor Management.
A great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisAugust 11, 2013
I typical work day involves prioritizing many projects to meet deadlines. I work on marketing assignments, such as Power Point presentations, organizing events, and proposal preparation. Also, I prepare and review audit reports.

My co-workers are great and we all work together well in the busy environment to ensure we meet our deadlines.
Pros
I am always busy!
Cons
There is little opportunity for advancement.
Great people
Audit Associate / Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 15, 2013
Overall great people to work with. However, seems to be a negative culture, not sure if its the firm or just the area.
Pros
Many good people to work with
Cons
Negative mindset, little training, poor review methods, poor communication between levels
Great place to work!
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNSeptember 5, 2012
The majority of people there were really helpful. Everyone worked and communicated well together.
Great place to build your career
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 16, 2012
Good management focus, competitive pay, promotional opportunities
Work with various client types and implement software
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES MANAGER / SOFTWARE CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2012
Enjoyed working with various clients and the challenges of each unique organization. I've learned a lot regarding project managment and a successful implementation. I'm great at coordinating the Finance/Accounting side with the IT side.